Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

April. Whats for dinner????

+4
Imelda HL
UNCLE JIMMY
bethk
Barbara101
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 13 of 14]

301April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 13 Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:40 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Anchovy butter?? Sounds awful to me but then I don't like fishy tastes.

Me too. well not all fish/seafood.But if I can smell it , it usally is not fresh.Anchovy sardines,nope not for me..

302April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 13 Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:24 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Yesterday was $2.99/lb. ground chuck/boneless chicken breast day at Fresh Market. So, today was freezer meatloaf day. If I'm gonna mess around with making meatloaf I want to do a bunch so I have them at the ready when I get hungry for a comfort meal. I have 3 - 2# meatloafs shaped and wrapped in plastic in the freezer. Tomorrow, when I'm sure they are frozen solid I'll wrap in foil and then bag to keep them organized. I love using my kitchen scale to make them all the same size. I find a 2# cooked meatloaf is usually enough for a meal and then one sandwich each for a lunch a day or so later.

The chicken breasts just got individually wrapped and bagged and tossed on a quarter sheet pan in the freezer. No sense in paying more than I have to when I want to make a meal.

303April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 13 Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:50 pm

NormM

NormM

The first flavored butter I made was Irish whiskey butter for St. Pat's Day.

1 tbsp sugar
9 tbsp butter, softened
3 tbsp whiskey

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

304April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 13 Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:56 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

NormM wrote:The first flavored butter I made was Irish whiskey butter for St. Pat's Day.

1 tbsp sugar
9 tbsp butter, softened
3 tbsp whiskey

So, how did you use the butter?

305April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 13 Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:01 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

.....after he sipped at the whiskey, he fell asleep in the chair and forgot all about using the butter....

((just kidding...))

LOL

306April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 13 Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:02 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Oh that sounds good . Hummm rum butter with pineapple and coconut. Hazelnut and pecans !!! Oh man I can run with that lol

307April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 13 Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:02 pm

NormM

NormM

Bugster, we put it on the soda bread. Afterward, Cassie cooked breakfast with it and put it on muffins.

Once while making povitica bread, I accidentally made pecan butter by over grinding the nuts.  That would probably be good added to butter too.

308April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 13 Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:42 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Tonight I had the 'tasting test' meatloaf meal. It held together well enough and had good flavor so I guess the other 3 in the freezer will be good to go at a later date. (I did do a fried patty test to check for seasoning...that's when I discovered I forgot to add the tomato sauce.)

As long as the oven was on I decided baked potatoes and roasted broccoli would be good sides.

April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 13 04.29.15

309April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 13 Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:41 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 13 10896870_934747886537611_1926670541494600315_n

310April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 13 Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:32 pm

NormM

NormM

Everyones dinner looks great. I made meatballs and spaghetti.

April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 13 Ceb164ff-5030-4ffa-97e4-5722d8546902_zpsdw9j4gol

311April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 13 Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:36 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

The meatloaf looks great Beth!...
That butter melting on the potatoes surely looks good too!

We are gonna finish off the meatloaf tomorrow, that Tina had picked up the other day from Boston Market.

Tonight, it will be chili cheese burgers.

312April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 13 Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:32 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Tonight was enchiladas with a white green chile sauce. I dosed myself with Pepto and Pepcid beforehand but I am SOL. The gut is starting to burn. I guess I will be dosing all night long. I know better than to eat it but it tastes so good.

313April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 13 Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:15 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbs shrimp look great!....
Norm....fabulous and nice meat balls.

314April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 13 Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:20 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:Tonight was enchiladas with a white green chile sauce. I dosed myself with Pepto and Pepcid beforehand but I am SOL. The gut is starting to burn. I guess I will be dosing all night long. I know better than to eat it but it tastes so good.

Thats exactly how I feel now!
Took a gas-x and a Zantac before I ate. No spice, but it was greasy. Diner burgers with onions and a splash of mustard, then heaped with chili sauce.
Then I had ring dings, and coffee with cinnamon and sugar bagel chips.

Looks like bed time will be at 3 or 4. Need time to digest the garbage.

315April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 13 Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:12 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I was trying to organize my freezer(s), knowing there was stuff there I had forgotten about or just could not locate. Lo & behold ~ the marinated London Broil I was sure was there somewhere. This (spare) 'side-by-side' refrigerator/freezer is SO much more difficult to organize than my full upright freezer was. But, it does have a working ice maker so I have that as a spare. I guess I'll stop complaining and just try to do better at keeping stuff straight.

April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 13 04.30.15

316April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 13 Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:01 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 13 11193221_1043469975682559_4301509646735537504_n

317April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 13 Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:02 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 13 11170368_10206371960207449_5552391441831848337_n

flooded with buffalo hot sauce.

318April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 13 Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:05 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 13 10357232_10206371955047320_6002990423414194622_n

mashed potato cakes.

319April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 13 Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:30 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:I was trying to organize my freezer(s), knowing there was stuff there I had forgotten about or just could not locate.  Lo & behold ~ the marinated London Broil I was sure was there somewhere.  This (spare) 'side-by-side' refrigerator/freezer is SO much more difficult to organize than my full upright freezer was.  But, it does have a working ice maker so I have that as a spare.  I guess I'll stop complaining and just try to do better at keeping stuff straight.

BETH #1 .... the LB looks great.

On the freezer issue, we have problems with the side by side in the kitchen.
All the crap is squeezed in and stuck so that the drawers wont slide out to get the stuff.
The downstairs unit is a Gibson Commercial huge freezer that is 7 feet high, and with three people stucking and moving stuff ( me ...tina ....and DD ), it's impossible to keep it organized.
I try and keep the pork chicken, and beef separate.

I was just down there separating and vacuum sealing sausage and ground beef.
I had no room because GD's 3 kinds of frozen waffles, and fruity pops in huge boxes were all over the place.

Now the freezer is due for a defrost. And the turkey buzzards WILL have a feast when I get through cleaning it out. Mad

320April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 13 Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:37 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Tonights supper was finally finish the meatloaf. Had a double decker hot meatloaf with gravy. Beans and mashed potatoes. I didn't eat the potatoes. Enough carbs with the bread.

Then we all had rice pudding that Tina made from scratch.... Goooood!

Right now, my tummy is way too full, and that recliner is calling me. hahahahahah

321April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 13 Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:50 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:
bethk wrote:I was trying to organize my freezer(s), knowing there was stuff there I had forgotten about or just could not locate.  Lo & behold ~ the marinated London Broil I was sure was there somewhere.  This (spare) 'side-by-side' refrigerator/freezer is SO much more difficult to organize than my full upright freezer was.  But, it does have a working ice maker so I have that as a spare.  I guess I'll stop complaining and just try to do better at keeping stuff straight.

BETH #1 .... the LB looks great.

On the freezer issue, we have problems with the side by side in the kitchen.
All the crap is squeezed in and stuck so that the drawers wont slide out to get the stuff.
The downstairs unit is a Gibson Commercial huge freezer that is 7 feet high, and with three people stucking and moving stuff ( me ...tina ....and DD ), it's impossible to keep it organized.
I try and keep the pork chicken, and beef separate.

Jimmy, I had the same problem with my freezer, and there was the occasional frozen something that would slide out and land on my foot. OUCH! I solved the problem by buying plastic bins. I put all the chicken in one bin etc.. It helped a lot.

I was just down there separating and vacuum sealing sausage and ground beef.
I had no room because GD's 3 kinds of frozen waffles, and fruity pops in huge boxes were all over the place.

Now the freezer is due for a defrost. And the turkey buzzards WILL  have a feast when I get through cleaning it out. Mad

322April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 13 Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Fri May 01, 2015 1:15 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

aw.. meals look so delicious... this 2 days I did not really cook, no idea what I want to eat or cook, till late afternoon I came up with easy meals with leftover, tortilla wraps, sandwich with leftover chinese roast pork and snacked lots of corns, it's on sale, 6 for $1.. heaven.. I love corns

BTW.. I could not get on this site yesterday, I tried several times, and all I got was "404 not found"
cheers

April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 13 85_zpsfktbvb57

April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 13 84_zpsgqgarecd

323April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 13 Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Fri May 01, 2015 2:38 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

I got that 405 thing too. Weird I thought it was laptop . Still is not working right. Bread looks great.

324April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 13 Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Fri May 01, 2015 2:42 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Well I have lousy freezer . It works tho lol but it is a pit. I just have to pull stuff out to get to stuff on the bottom. Plus it is not frost free . I want a standing one with shelves.

325April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 13 Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Fri May 01, 2015 4:00 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I will say, even though this side-by-side refrigerator is a PITA to organize and there's not a whole lot of room, it is nice to have the second ice maker hooked up and have the refrigerator space for all the drinks, water, etc. that we seem to have. My kitchen French door refrigerator just has to have the stuff I use regularly. Extra condiments, Asian stuff, extra pickles...whatever, gets stored in the spare.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum