Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

February 2024 - Spring is coming, soon!

+2
bethk
Cookin Lore
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

101February 2024 - Spring is coming, soon! - Page 5 Empty Re: February 2024 - Spring is coming, soon! Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:48 am

cookingirl

cookingirl

Love all your suppers!

Good thing I have a ton of food in the freezer! I have been living on:chips (for the salt) bread & butter, water, soup and some almond milk yogurt for breakfast.
Glad I had homemade chicken soup and minestrone from the freezer! Yesterday, I took out a small container of tomato sauce. I had that with some small pasta shells.. nothing else. It was the most I have eaten in 10 days.

I am still, slowly recovering my strength from having the flu last week.. Man, I swear the older I get, the worse the colds/flu hit me, and the worse the asthma is..
I doubled up on inhalers, as pulmonologist suggested. It worked, I did not get full blown bronchitis, but I am still exhausted. No stamina..

Yesterday, I did go down to try to play cornhole. I thought it would be a fast game, as I was playing against former high school pitcher. Wrong! He was 'off' his game, and I was bad.. After we finished, I was exhausted, sweating, and SOB.. I was done in for the rest of the day.

Tonight, I think will be more chicken soup. It is really cold and windy outside. Tomorrow will be the rest of the sauce with shells.

I still have the beef stew recipe hanging on my wall... one of these days......

bethk likes this post

102February 2024 - Spring is coming, soon! - Page 5 Empty Re: February 2024 - Spring is coming, soon! Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:15 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Continued prayers for a speedier recovery for you, Cyn! Keep up the liquids, rest ~ you're retired....you don't need to go anywhere fast!

I thought I was going to have to come up with an idea for supper.

But Lyn to the rescue!

Her sister & brother-in-law are visiting and they decided to have a 'Leap Day Picnic'!

We're all too old to do much 'leaping' but I'm pretty sure we can all eat at a picnic!

I asked if I could bring the Mediterranean Salad because I had all the ingredients in the refrigerator and I know it's Lyn's favorite. It wasn't difficult at all to get my offer accepted!

So, salad contribution it is!

I also juiced the last of the lemons off the tree. It's full of blossoms and has lots of itty bitty baby lemons starting for next year. It was time to get the ripe ones off the tree so they didn't rot on the limbs. I decided to make some lemon syrup to take tonight and use to make either lemonade or lemon martinis.....I even put some strips of the peel in some sugar to make lemon sugar to 'rim' the martini glasses with.

I sure hope I remember to take some pictures of what we end up with tonight!

103February 2024 - Spring is coming, soon! - Page 5 Empty Re: February 2024 - Spring is coming, soon! Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:41 pm

Cookin Lore

Your picnic sounds wonderful We've received a shock of cold, cold, cold again! the last few days have been in the low 50s (very unusual for Feb.) But Mother Nature has told us................... "Remember, this is Canada, not Florida!" Biting wind and cold. -2 C right now, I guess that's about 27/28 F for you 'Mericans!

bethk likes this post

104February 2024 - Spring is coming, soon! - Page 5 Empty Re: February 2024 - Spring is coming, soon! Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:30 pm

NormM

NormM

While I was taking a picture of the steak and corn cooked on the grill, BBQ beans and salad from the stores salad bar, Charlie was making mac N Cheese and garlic bread.February 2024 - Spring is coming, soon! - Page 5 Image-34

bethk likes this post

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

105February 2024 - Spring is coming, soon! - Page 5 Empty Re: February 2024 - Spring is coming, soon! Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:38 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Remember when I just stated I 'hoped' I would remember to take pictures of our picnic?

I HAVE NO SHORT TERM MEMORY !!!

The martinis I made from the lemon simple syrup were a hit! What wasn't used for martinis got used for plain lemonade ~ just added some water and a bit more sugar.

But here's a picture of the coconut macaroons I made.  Took some for the picnic and the rest are for our Neighborhood Pot Luck on Monday.

February 2024 - Spring is coming, soon! - Page 5 02_29_10

106February 2024 - Spring is coming, soon! - Page 5 Empty Re: February 2024 - Spring is coming, soon! Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:25 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Thread closed ~ March into MARCH, 2024!

107February 2024 - Spring is coming, soon! - Page 5 Empty Re: February 2024 - Spring is coming, soon! Sun Mar 03, 2024 1:07 pm

JanaAZ

bethk wrote:I had a thawed chicken breast I had planned to make into chicken fingers....

Then, when I was at the store today, I saw some really nice baby romaine and decided to make Chicken lettuce wraps instead.  I figured I could just look up a copy cat PF Chang's recipe and be just fine.  Well, it was OK ~ just barely.  It tasted nothing like what I get at the restaurant.  So I won't be saving THAT recipe in my files!  LOL

But, we ate it and both are full.  Sometimes you get lucky and other times it's a big bust......

February 2024 - Spring is coming, soon! - Page 5 02_24_16

I do t often use bottled stuff but kikomans stir fry sauce makes a wonderful lettuce wrap…even better than homemade. I just put the stuff I want with the ground chicken…usually ground water chestnuts, green onions, stuff like that.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum