Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

November, 2020 ~ What's cooking for your cool weather?

+2
UNCLE JIMMY
bethk
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 9]

bethk

bethk
Admin

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:I'm going through the issues now. I allowed the update, and now I need a code to open the phone. i phone 10. I don't want that feature. They said it's for security. ...... BS!  Evil or Very Mad Mad

A lot of times, as for me, IF you go to your carrier supplier, the kids there can dismantle that feature, either legally/sanctioned by Apple or by knowing how to bypass the system.  

I can never figure that stuff out by myself and my grandchildren aren't close by so I just go and tell the kids at Verizon I'm adopting them as 'psudo-grandkids' and they're happy to help me.

UNCLE JIMMY likes this post

Cookin Lore

I go to my Rodgers' phone store (may carrier) for help. A few months ago when I went there for help I said to the young man there "I think I've been a Rodgers' customer since you were in Grade school!" He looked at my history on the computer and laughed and said "No, you've been a Rodgers' customer since before I was born!"
Back to cooking, chicken thighs baking in the oven, and I will just have some steamed carrots and cauliflower with them. Nothing fancy.

bethk and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Had sloppy Joes for supper. On white pullman bread. What a sloppy mess. On the floor; on my slippers, and I vowed, never again without buns. These weren't Cousin Donna's recipe. Hers are to brown the beef and onions....Salt & pepper, then add a can of tomato soup. No water.
Stir, and add 2 tbs. minced red bell pepper, or green if you like to burp.

We had the ketchup and Heinz chilli sauce. Way too sweet.

bethk likes this post

Bugster2

Bugster2

November, 2020 ~ What's cooking for your cool weather? - Page 2 Balloo10

I went outside this morning to cool off and heard a fire breathing dragon and looked up to see a balloon.

I made some biscuits and gravy this morning using a recipe someone gave me on Cooking.com. Maybe Norm? I haven't had it for a while so it was good.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Our weather has cooled down a bit....in the 70's......and this is Florida Fall.

So it brought to mind I've not made a pot of chili in ages. My freezer supply is long gone.

And that's what's for supper.

bethk

bethk
Admin

November, 2020 ~ What's cooking for your cool weather? - Page 2 11_06_11

And that's all there was.....

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I had a can of smoked herring, and a cupcake.
W0W!

bethk likes this post

Cookin Lore

Smoked herring on crackers sounds great....................... but a cupcake? Not so much! LOL

Bugster2

Bugster2

My mother ate jars of pickled herring. Not much of a seafood fan. Cupcake sounds good.

Cookin Lore

When I was on my cruise in Feb. (which seems now like a lifetime ago) I found pickled herring on the breakfast buffet. Had three or four pieces on some great rye bread every day. No muffins for me.

Cookin Lore

oops, double post.

Bugster2

Bugster2

The first storm of the season is coming in. Most of you would laugh at what we call a storm. We have some rain and snow in the mountains. No heavy downpour. It is cool this morning - 50 degrees.

I pulled out a chuck roast and two crockpots. One will be for my regular pot roast recipe and the other will be for Beth's seasoning mix recipe. I cut the roast in half. It will be fun to compare. I threw them in the crocks at 6am this morning.

Just watching the news where a helicopter carrying a donated heart crashed on the roof of the Keck USC hospital. Fortunately the pilot only had minor injuries and the heart was undamaged. The copter is on its side on the roof. What the heck do they use to get that off the roof? A crane?

Baby kitten got me up at 5am by beating up on my head. I am sure it is a boy but will get verification at the vet on Monday. It will be getting its' first set of shots. I can't seem to get a name for it.

Cookin Lore

Beating on your head????THUMPER????

bethk likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

I was planning on making fried/sauteed/grilled shrimp for supper. I called Lyn to see if she'd ride along for the 45 minute drive to the seafood market with me. We decided to stop for brunch and it took longer than expected so I didn't get home until 4:00. By the time I got done cutting up/portioning the salmon and grouper to put in the freezer it was too late to clean shrimp and cook it, let alone any thing to go along with it.

So, shrimp for tomorrow.

We called neighbor Jim and asked if he'd like to go to the BBQ place with us. This time we ate there. And we were stuffed when we got done. I brought part of mine home for a reheated lunch for one of us.

Even though they weren't able to eat another bite, both Dane & Jim accepted the apple cobbler the manager gave them because they're both veterans. It's a nice place and it's nice to go where the company believes in giving back to the community in honor of veterans and first responders.

NormM

NormM

I took an recipe with an Italian name and substituted the two meats with bacon and ham instead.November, 2020 ~ What's cooking for your cool weather? - Page 2 20201110

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

Bugster2

Bugster2

I made the pot roast with the gravy/ranch/italian mixes and was pleasantly surprised. I used condensed beef broth for the liquid. It was very flavorful. You may have a convert here.

bethk likes this post

Bugster2

Bugster2

I just spent a frustrating hour texting to a Samsung tech in India. My volume suddenly stopped. We reset the TV, unplugged all the wires which takes two people all to no avail. No sound. He sends me a link to schedule a service call
with Samsung. The TV is only 2 years old. I Googled the problem, found a solution myself and fixed it. In the meantime I bit everybody's head off. I have zero tolerance for frustration, especially if it is tech related. I am pooped. Too stressed to eat my dinner.

bethk likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

I cleaned & deveined my shrimp this morning. Then I decided we might want some 'come back' sauce in addition to the traditional cocktail sauce, so I made both.

Come back sauce is a mayonnaise/ketchup based sauce, usually quite mild, and goes well with just about anything fried.....it's tasty to dip French fries in.

I haven't decided what I'm going to make for a potato.....might be baked potato wedges or it might be crispy crowns.

I've got a tossed salad to put together (dressing leftover from the other night) and some thin green beans to steam.

It should be a tasty supper.

NormM and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

Cookin Lore

We're having a pleasant reprieve from our last week or so of cold weather. Beautiful sunshine, temp about 60 F., and son took his boat out onto Lake Erie for another day. So, I'm supposed to go to his house and pick up supper. Don't know yet whether it will be perch or something else yummy! Stay tuned!

Bugster2

Bugster2

We have rain and temp is 55.

I served my pot roast for lunch. Lauren (Katie's cat) jumped up om the table to see what we were having and promptly let out 3 wet sneezes all over my plate of food. Had to toss it LOL. She is a sneezer and is constantly sneezing in our faces.

I was thinking about that roast seasoning mix. I am going to experiment with it and see if I can't make a gravy out of it for those times when you want a beef based gravy but don't have the beef to create it. I thought I would use caramelized onions, concentrated beef broth, mushroom soup and see what happens.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Supper got congratulations from both of the guys.....They got oven roasted potato wedges ~ I didn't want any as I knew I had too much as it was.

November, 2020 ~ What's cooking for your cool weather? - Page 2 11_08_13

Cookin Lore

Cookin Lore wrote:We're having a pleasant reprieve from our last week or so of cold weather.  Beautiful sunshine, temp about 60 F., and son took his boat out onto Lake Erie for another day.  So, I'm supposed to go to his house and pick up supper.  Don't know yet whether it will be perch or something else yummy! Stay tuned!

Good day for me, as far as fish goes, not so good for son.  Three guys were out on the lake, one caught one fish.  And I got to take it home.  It was delicious, I had 88 year old uncle here to help me eat it.  Uncle used to live about 200 miles north-east of here on The Trent waterway.  My sons and their friends have gone to Uncle Ernies for 20 years to go fishing, so it was really nice to have him come with me to see the fishing guys, and of course also eat the fish they caught.

Not a very good day for fishing son, though. His motor bit the dust, he said it sounded like someone threw a handful of bolts into a washing machine.  They managed to get back to shore with the little spare motor, and I guess now he has the winter to decide what he's going to do about a new motor.

Sending a picture to Beth.

bethk

bethk
Admin

(From Lore) "Fresh smallmouth bass from Lake Erie, baby potatoes, carrots and cauliflower. And 88 year old uncle to help me eat it!"

November, 2020 ~ What's cooking for your cool weather? - Page 2 11_08_14

November, 2020 ~ What's cooking for your cool weather? - Page 2 11_08_15

Cookin Lore

Thanks again! Sorry the picture of the platter is that way. My niece gave me that dish in 1992 for Christmas. I looked at it and said "I don't need it, where would I keep it, and when would I ever use it?" I used it dozens of times when I made dinner with fish/seafood while hubby was alive, and look forward to being able to use it whenever possible. Perfect tonight for uncle and me.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Had a simple Liptons Soup with the fine noodles.
A P&P loaf ( pickle & pimento ) sandwich on rye. A biscotti and coffee.

bethk likes this post

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum