Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

November, 2020 ~ What's cooking for your cool weather?

+2
UNCLE JIMMY
bethk
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 9]

Cookin Lore

Bugster2 wrote:We had another hot meal with turkey, dressing, potatoes and gravy. Tomorrow will be turkey and dressing sandwiches.
I have about a cup of leftover turkey fat. Any ideas on how I can use it?

You can add a couple of tablespoons full of it to a rice dish for added flavour instead of EVOO! It would have more flavour!

bethk, cookingirl and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

Bugster2

Bugster2

I made 3 pints of turkey gravy from the carcass and froze them for the two turkey breasts that are in the freezer.

Did a little Black Friday shopping yesterday. Bought a cat tree, pet blankets, dog bed. I have told Katie numerous times not to use people throws for the dogs. She ignored my request so I bought dog blankets and if she gets cold she can wrap up in those. I put the good throws away.
Bought a Chef's Choice slicer with two blades from WS for myself for Christmas. If I hate it I will put it on Craigslist.
It was cold this morning 30 degrees. Cold for us.

bethk

bethk
Admin

I froze 3 quarts of turkey stock. I was thinking of making turkey noodle soup but it's just too hot for soup ~ 82° yesterday, 79° today.

So I've got burgers thawing for supper ~ Dane can light the charcoal. I might reheat the leftover green beans with mushroom cream and maybe just a simple tossed salad. I'm in no mood for anything heavy, that's for sure.

cookingirl and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

Cookin Lore

Bugster2 wrote:I made 3 pints of turkey gravy from the carcass and froze them for the two turkey breasts that are in the freezer.

Did a little Black Friday shopping yesterday. Bought a cat tree, pet blankets, dog bed. I have told Katie numerous times not to use people throws for the dogs. She ignored my request so I bought dog blankets and if she gets cold she can wrap up in those. I put the good throws away.
Bought a Chef's Choice slicer with two blades from WS for myself for Christmas. If I hate it I will put it on Craigslist.
It was cold this morning 30 degrees. Cold for us.

I'm with you about the dog blankets. We lived on 15 acres, and always had big dogs. They had their blankets, and they NEVER got up on people furniture! I know, bad pet owner. I chat on a line of people who crochet/knit, and I am amazed and appalled when I read that people have their pets lying on their work which they will then give away as gifts, or even sell. I don't say anything, but am tempted. None of my business, right? However, having said all that.................... a few years ago my late daughter's best friend in California sent me pictures of their renovated outside patio, and landscaping, including beautiful white furniture. They had a chihuahua named Mani. I crocheted a yellow and white blanket for Mani to have outside on cool evenings! Mani has since gone over that rainbow bridge!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

No clue what to have for supper.
Maybe I will suggest smoked kielbasa cooked in sauerkraut/???

bethk and cookingirl like this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

A burger on the grill was just right for supper. I made carrots & green beans & a tossed salad. Jim got back from Pittsburgh (visiting his family for Thanksgiving) and he joined us.

November, 2020 ~ What's cooking for your cool weather? - Page 8 11_28_12

UNCLE JIMMY likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

From Lore: "Grilled veggies done on my indoor grill, salmon done in the oven and some brown basmati rice cooked with dehydrated vegetable flakes."

November, 2020 ~ What's cooking for your cool weather? - Page 8 11_28_13

bethk and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Lots of veggies left over.... Tina is going to make a quiche Lorraine tomorrow for supper. Asparagus; broccoli, and cauliflower.

bethk likes this post

Cookin Lore

I made way too much rice, of course and the vegetables too. But, they both keep well, so my dinner
is going to be a repeat of last night. LOL. However, some of the rice and veggies made it to my nephew's place today. He is renovating what was originally my parents' house. He bought it when my mom died so that his mother (my sister) could live in it. Now that Erika is gone, David has given up his Toronto apartment and moved into the house. He has not eaten meat for many years, and now has gone VEGAN (gasp) and he's always happy to get stuff from me!

I went to see what he's done already. Painted basically the main floor and had new flooring put in. The original hardwood was not in condition to save.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I see no movement today..... y e t ....
Tina is in the recliner resting and snacking, and trying to rid her sciatic pain. Now what would that be caused by ? Oh!...Moving furniture around in the living room. No asking for help, and Mrs. do it herself, put her in the condition of pain.

Dinner will be what can be scrounged up, and heated. It's Sunday.....a day of rest.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Oh, Jimmy, we all do that at one time or another. Every time I decide to do a heavy job, and MOST housework is too heavy for me these days, I regret it. But the pain is better than putting up with filthy floors or things out of place.

Bugster2

Bugster2

I am getting to the point where I also need help with housework. Katie said she would mop the floor after Thanksgiving dinner. I said ok. It is Sunday and the floor still hasn't been mopped. I have found that if you don't do it yourself it doesn't get done. Poor Tina. I hope her back feels better soon. Perhaps a nice hot bath would help.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Thanks for the good wishes for Tina.

Yeah! She says the same...."It wont get done unless I do it myself!"
Maria does clean and vacuum, and washes the clothes, but at her leisure.
She is great help, as a matter of fact she is decorating the house and outside lighting. She loves doing that.
BTW.... we have 5 trees ( artificial ones ) a 7' .... 6' ....2- 4's ......a 3' which is the kitties tree.

Bugster2

Bugster2

Kitties? You have cats?

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:Kitties? You have cats?

Yep! .... Cypress / AKA Gee Gee F 9 yr. old..... Dolly F 5 yr. old, and Babe M 5 yr. old.

cookingirl likes this post

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I had 2 burgers / w Fried onions..... a pickle, and yoo hoo chocolate drink.
Tina had turkey soup ( again ) with home made egg drop noodles.

Bugster2

Bugster2

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:

Yep! .... Cypress / AKA Gee Gee F 9 yr. old..... Dolly F 5 yr. old, and Babe M 5 yr. old.

I would love to see the cats tree.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:
UNCLE JIMMY wrote:

I would love to see the cats tree.

They are not in place in their planned spots, but here it is ready for meow meow clause......to bring them treats and toys.
My picture photos are lost...hahaha...be back later.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

here it is ???? ....

November, 2020 ~ What's cooking for your cool weather? - Page 8 Kitty_12

Bugster2

Bugster2

How sweet Jimmy!

We have a small tree that we haven't used since we moved that has only cat ornaments on it.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Last night I ended up making chicken parm.

November, 2020 ~ What's cooking for your cool weather? - Page 8 11_29_11

bethk

bethk
Admin

I went to the store planning to get some pea pods to make a beef & pea pod stir fry.....none to be found.  So I strolled past the meat aisle and saw a nice little corned beef that was 'on sale', although, truth be told, I didn't think it was a great price.  But it had very little fat and I was suddenly hungry for corned beef and cabbage.  I'll cook it today, let it cool down so it slices easily and then cook my vegetables in the juices tomorrow.

I picked up some pork to have tonight.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Yesterday was the last day to eat or freeze Thanksgiving leftovers.....3 day limit. I should have taken care of them on Saturday but didn't get around to it.

The leftover turkey meat got split ~ white meat got sliced and wrapped in plastic to sit in a deli container above the leftover gravy (which was pretty tasty) and it got marked as 'Hot Turkey Sandwiches'....enough for a couple sandwiches. The dark meat and scrap pieces got put into another quart deli container and the last pint of turkey stock in the refrigerator got poured over. It got marked 'turkey for soup'.

The last bit of mashed potatoes & green beans got dumped before Mr. 'You-Know-Who' gets home and says he wants to reheat them. Too bad, too late. No one is going to get stomach distress in my kitchen!

bethk

bethk
Admin

The braised pork steak came out super tender. I turned the onions & pan drippings into a gravy. Had it with boiled potatoes & fresh cut Swiss chard from our patio pots.

November, 2020 ~ What's cooking for your cool weather? - Page 8 11_30_14

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Tina made a Quiche ....

bethk likes this post

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum