Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go

+4
UNCLE JIMMY
Cookin Lore
bethk
Bugster2
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Go down  Message [Page 13 of 13]

301October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go - Page 13 Empty Re: October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:33 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I thawed out some boneless/skinless chicken thighs and trimmed them of fat, etc. to cut into chunks to make a Korean BBQ sauced stir fry. Had it with the leftover basmati rice.

October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go - Page 13 10_30_13

NormM likes this post

302October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go - Page 13 Empty Re: October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:33 pm

Cookin Lore

I watched a program called "You gotta Eat here" this morning, now I need some lasagna today. It's a Canadian show filmed in various restaurants where to portions are ridiculously huge, they showed some Italian place. The power of suggestion! LOL I love lasagna!

bethk likes this post

303October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go - Page 13 Empty Re: October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:43 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I washed all our bedding today.....wish I had a mattress that could be flipped, but the best I can do is a 1/2 turn swivel.

I also wish I could hang everything out on a clothesline and let the sunlight sanitize it and the breeze 'whip' all the wrinkles out.  

The only thing I could do was hang the bedspread and mattress pad over four lawn chairs and hope for the best.  Everything got dried and then I ended up fluffing it a bit in the dryer to get off any extra dust/stuff.

I don't feel like cooking today.  Dane's at his sister's.  I'm thinking we'll do carryout from someplace.  I'll wait and see what he might be hungry for.

UNCLE JIMMY likes this post

304October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go - Page 13 Empty Re: October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:22 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:I washed all our bedding today.....wish I had a mattress that could be flipped, but the best I can do is a 1/2 turn swivel.

I also wish I could hang everything out on a clothesline and let the sunlight sanitize it and the breeze 'whip' all the wrinkles out.  

The only thing I could do was hang the bedspread and mattress pad over four lawn chairs and hope for the best.  Everything got dried and then I ended up fluffing it a bit in the dryer to get off any extra dust/stuff.

I don't feel like cooking today.  Dane's at his sister's.  I'm thinking we'll do carryout from someplace.  I'll wait and see what he might be hungry for.
 Sounds good to me Beth!

I remember the fall housecleaning days! Grrrrrr! Mom would have me and my brother, go up in the atttic, and get the curtain stretcher.
It was that wooden frame thing, that had the hundreds of sharp nails on the frame.
Mom would stretch the washed curtains on the stupid thing so they would dry straight.

Then came the fun  of dragging the bed springs outside, and washing them and painting all the springs with silver paint. Then the mattresses would be dragged outside to air out.  Only good thing, was mom would restring, and tighten the buttons on the mattress that would get loose, and dig in our backs.

BTW...... "Happy Halloween!" to all.

305October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go - Page 13 Empty Re: October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:28 pm

Cookin Lore

Cookin Lore wrote:I watched a program called "You gotta Eat here" this morning, now I need some lasagna today. It's a Canadian show filmed in various restaurants where to portions are ridiculously huge, they showed some Italian place.  The power of suggestion! LOL  I love lasagna!

Well, I went to the grocery store, and with the best of intentions bought the noodles and all the stuff to make lasagna.  Then I went to son's house, admired their progress in a major renovation in their house, had a beer, and there went my get-up-and-go.  So, It's cheese and crackers and some seafood sauce for dinner.  Tomorrow is another day, right?

PS on edit............... I said that I would have cheese, crackers and seafood sauce???? LOL forgot to mention that there were also some really nice shrimp there! LOL THey were yummy!

Last edited by Cookin Lore on Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

bethk likes this post

306October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go - Page 13 Empty Re: October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:45 pm

NormM

NormM

We had Cornish hens (at Charlies request) with rice, spinach and corn muffins.October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go - Page 13 20201018

bethk and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

307October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go - Page 13 Empty Re: October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:44 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

-u[nquote="Cookin Lore"]I watched a program called "You gotta Eat here" this morning, now I need some lasagna today. It's a Canadian show filmed in various restaurants where to portions are ridiculously huge, they showed some Italian place.  The power of suggestion! LOL  I love lasagna![/quote]

I made lasagna today. I am trying out Ina Garten's turkey lasagna. It has goat cheese in it. I am skeptical about it but it had so many 5 star ratings I thought I would give it a try. Katie was all enthusiastic about it because she won't eat beef. Turns out she didn't tell me she was meeting a girlfriend f+++or-* a -late -l lunch. (Kitten walking on keyboard)LOL. Joe said we could have it tomorrow. I said nope. We are having it today.

Well, the lasagna was ok, not great. I won't make it again. The goat cheese mixed with ricotta was ok. I tasted the cheese all by itself and decided it tastes very much like Philly cream cheese - slightly tart. Too expensive to use again.

I have decided that I am only going to cook for Joe and I, not Katie. There are too many times when she says she will eat later and it never happens. I have to toss it after 3 days. I guess it is my passive aggressive way of telling her. She is on her own from now on.

bethk and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

308October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go - Page 13 Empty Re: October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:17 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

It was delivery pizza today. I had jalapeno poppers too!
Wine for a washing agent!

bethk likes this post

309October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go - Page 13 Empty Re: October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:11 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Raining today..... We turned the clocks back here. and the day l00ks weird!
The kids are coming to celebrate Liams 4 year old birthday. It was on Halloween yesterday, but.... he was at his other grandmas( The Witch ) all day yesterday.
Spaghetti and meat sauce, and I made fried meatballs for on the side.

310October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go - Page 13 Empty Re: October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:22 am

JanaAZ

Cookin Lore wrote:I watched a program called "You gotta Eat here" this morning, now I need some lasagna today. It's a Canadian show filmed in various restaurants where to portions are ridiculously huge, they showed some Italian place.  The power of suggestion! LOL  I love lasagna!

We get that show here. It’s sort of like diners drive ins and dives....but WITHOUT the obnoxious host. Your lasagna looks good

UNCLE JIMMY likes this post

311October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go - Page 13 Empty Re: October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:06 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Thread Closed ~ ~ Move on to November......

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum