Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go

+4
UNCLE JIMMY
Cookin Lore
bethk
Bugster2
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 13]

251October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go - Page 11 Empty Re: October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:40 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:
Bugster2 wrote:We had sandwiches made out of that eye of round roast I cooked. We both decided it was good but tri tips have more flavor. I really need a slicer to shave meat. I have a hard time chewing beef that is in a sandwich. I am going to see if Black Friday will have any deals.

They have lots of them on Amazon for 50 to 100 bucks, but stay away from them. They are toys!

Better to spend 275 to 399 dollars that is heavy duty.
I think they sell them at Sams Club or Costco.

I have owned a cheapie before and won't do it again.

UNCLE JIMMY likes this post

252October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go - Page 11 Empty Re: October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:54 am

NormM

NormM

At the time we sold our restaurant, I wished we had kept our commercial slicer but I doubt I'd have used it much.

bethk and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

253October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go - Page 11 Empty Re: October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:19 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

I know I wouldn't use it much either but I have difficulty chewing beef. This would help.

254October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go - Page 11 Empty Re: October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:18 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I've got a meatloaf thawed for tonight. I'm toying with the idea of making a mushroom/onion gravy ~ IF there's a can of beef consomme in the pantry.

255October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go - Page 11 Empty Re: October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:28 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Big pot of chicken soup cooking on the stove. ( Tina cooking it )

bethk likes this post

256October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go - Page 11 Empty Re: October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:59 pm

Cookin Lore

I had a meat slicer many years ago, but found it was such a PITA to clean, I got tired of having to clean it up and got rid of it.

Went out for a late lunch, early supper with Uncle who turned 88 today. (and his son Dennis) I had a very nice salmon with a maple glaze. Roasted potatoes and broccoli and carrots. Good, but I prefer a spicy glaze to a sweet.

bethk likes this post

257October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go - Page 11 Empty Re: October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:22 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Turns out I did have a can of beef consomme in the pantry so the gravy turned out fine. Jim was happy to join us for a home cooked meal. I always know he's 'IN' when there are mashed potatoes on the table.

October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go - Page 11 10_25_11

NormM and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

258October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go - Page 11 Empty Re: October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:56 pm

JanaAZ

[quote="Bugster2"][quote="UNCLE JIMMY"]
Bugster2 wrote:We had sandwiches made out of that eye of round roast I cooked. We both decided it was good but tri tips have more flavor. I really need a slicer to shave meat. I have a hard time chewing beef that is in a sandwich. I am going to see if Black Friday will have any deals.

They have lots of them on Amazon for 50 to 100 bucks, but stay away from them. They are toys!

Better to spend 275 to 399 dollars that is heavy duty.
I think they sell them at Sams Club or Costco.

Last year Santa bought me a commercial slicer. It had everything I wanted but it was too darn heavy to drag back and forth to the kitchen so I had to return it. I wanted a nice 10’ blade and they’re hard to find. I don’t think I’ve seen them at other sams or Costco. Costco business had one but it was about $1500

259October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go - Page 11 Empty Re: October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:09 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

Cookin Lore wrote:I had a meat slicer many years ago, but found it was such a PITA to clean, I got tired of having to clean it up and got rid of it.  

Went out for a late lunch, early supper with Uncle who turned 88 today.  (and his son Dennis)  I had a very nice salmon with a maple glaze.  Roasted potatoes and broccoli and carrots. Good, but I prefer a spicy glaze to a sweet.  

Yes, they are a pain. Perhaps if I put the cooked roast into the freezer for 15 minutes I can cut thin slices. I wish someone made a cutting guide for meats.

We had In-N-Out burgers for dinner. Drove to Newport and got another kitten. Hopefully this one is ok.

260October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go - Page 11 Empty Re: October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:01 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

I was hoping to get a picture in my post but I don't think it worked.

There is a large fire where I used to live that is making people evacuate. I am glad I am not there anymore.

Something in Italian herb seasoning makes my stomach hurt. I am trying to figure out what herb is causing the problem. I have a list from the jar so I guess just try them one by one to fond the culprit(s).

I got no sleep last night. The new kitten wanted to sleep right next to me and I was afraid I might roll over on it. Then it got up and started chewing on my toes. I finally had to move it to another room.

261October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go - Page 11 Empty Re: October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:48 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

No cooking tonight.....Jim wanted to take us out to Bamboo Bistro to pay us back for last night's meatloaf/mashed supper.

262October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go - Page 11 Empty Re: October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:33 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

No cooking tonight for me. Joe and Katie took the dog to the vet and stopped for Mexican on the way home. Joe got sick on his. Not food poisoning but gastric issues. He has got to go to the gastro and get his duodenum stretched. It narrows and he has a problem with digestion, sort of like Tina's.

Can anyone tell me how to get a photo on this site? I know someone told me before but I can't find the post.

263October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go - Page 11 Empty Re: October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:36 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:No cooking tonight for me. Joe and Katie took the dog to the vet and stopped for Mexican on the way home. Joe got sick on his. Not food poisoning but gastric issues. He has got to go to the gastro and get his duodenum stretched. It narrows and he has a problem with digestion, sort of like Tina's.

Can anyone tell me how to get a photo on this site? I know someone told me before but I can't find the post.

EXACTLY like TINA'S...... She just had her eye fixed, and I told her to get that stomach opened.

I think Beth explained it to click the little tv ( in the block to the right ) the first symbol in that block of 5 items......
Then a new drop down will click on select files, your pics will then show up, then click on the file, then click select. the pic will appear in the select files box....then click send all, then click insert . Click preview, and if it is ok....select send!
I have a PC, and it works for me.

264October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go - Page 11 Empty Re: October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:05 am

Cookin Lore

Bugster2 wrote:I was hoping to get a picture in my post but I don't think it worked.

There is a large fire where I used to live that is making people evacuate. I am glad I am not there anymore.

Something in Italian herb seasoning makes my stomach hurt. I am trying to figure out what herb is causing the problem. I have a list from the jar so I guess just try them one by one to fond the culprit(s).

I got no sleep last night. The new kitten wanted to sleep right next to me and I was afraid I might roll over on it. Then it got up and started chewing on my toes. I finally had to move it to another room.

Sorry to read about your stomach problems. I think sometimes the complete list of ingredients is not listed on the packaging of a product. It may have something to do with the percentages of the product. If you get in touch with the manufacturer, you may find out more. Good luck.

265October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go - Page 11 Empty Re: October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:23 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go - Page 11 Img_0712

It Worked!!!

bethk and NormM like this post

266October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go - Page 11 Empty Re: October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:55 pm

Cookin Lore

That is an absolute adorable ball of fluff!

bethk likes this post

267October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go - Page 11 Empty Re: October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:59 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Congratulations on the new addition....... a real cutie! ............

AND remembering how to post a picture!

268October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go - Page 11 Empty Re: October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:13 pm

Cookin Lore

I'm playing with a stuffing for an acorn squash which will go with my chicken thighs for tonight. I have something called an aztec mix which is three rices, amaranth, and split peas. I'll have to see what I can throw in there for a stuffing. Stay tuned, if it turns out edible, maybe I'll ask Beth to post a picture.

269October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go - Page 11 Empty Re: October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:51 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

bethk wrote:Congratulations on the new addition.......  a real cutie! ............

AND remembering how to post a picture!

I wrote the directions in my password book.

270October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go - Page 11 Empty Re: October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:10 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Had a fillet steak, grain bread, wedding soup, and sweet tater fries.

bethk likes this post

271October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go - Page 11 Empty Re: October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:15 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go - Page 11 Img_0712

It Worked!!!

Name ??? of the kittie ?...Male? Female? or sexual preference ??? haahahahaha

272October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go - Page 11 Empty Re: October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:10 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Girl. No name yet.

I ran across a cute name for a black boy cat: Scratchmo, a derivative of Louis Armstrong's Satchmo.

273October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go - Page 11 Empty Re: October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:46 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

If she were my kitty I'd call her 'Grey Goose'.....because she would drive me to drink!!! Just kidding ~ but she's grey.....or even something blue ~ Blue Bijou.....so many choices!

I found some beautifully fresh collards at the store this morning so I've got a pot of hocks/vegetables simmering to make some stock to use when I cook them tomorrow. I'm out of any ham stock in the freezer so now's the perfect time to get a big pot simmering away to strain & de-fat to break down into pint containers. It'll soon be bean soup season and I'll need stock for that, too.

274October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go - Page 11 Empty Re: October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:16 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I thawed out an 8 oz. container of Italian Beef this morning.....went to the store for fresh sub buns. The buns got split & some of the excess bread pulled out ~ toasted the buns under the broiler in the toaster oven & then added slices of mozzarella cheese & put them back under the elements & put on 'toast' to crisp the outside and melt the mozzarella before spooning the hot shredded beef & juices over top. It's a tasty & filling sandwich supper.

October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go - Page 11 10_28_12

275October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go - Page 11 Empty Re: October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:05 pm

NormM

NormM

This was a last minute meal. I doubt it was more than 40 minutes from the time I started until I was cleaning up dirty dishes. Breaded pork chops and potatoes. I probably should have made some gravy but didn't think about it until we were eating.October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go - Page 11 20201017

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum