Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go

+4
UNCLE JIMMY
Cookin Lore
bethk
Bugster2
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 13]

276October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go - Page 12 Empty Re: October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:14 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Crispy crust on pork.....don't need more! Looks good, Norm.

NormM likes this post

277October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go - Page 12 Empty Re: October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:17 pm

NormM

NormM

Thanks Beth

bethk likes this post

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

278October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go - Page 12 Empty Re: October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:54 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I had a salad, Tina picked up on way home from her Sams Club trip. With that I had some yellow rice, and breaded fried shrimp in the air fryer.
Getting ready for trick or treat. The kids are testing their costumes.
The little one is saying, "I was just born, what the heck am I becoming Now?"

October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go - Page 12 Devil10

October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go - Page 12 What_10

bethk and NormM like this post

279October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go - Page 12 Empty Re: October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:38 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Lore asked to have a pic of her supper posted.....

"Tonight boneless chicken thigh and a stuffed acorn squash. I am stuffed, could only eat half of that."

October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go - Page 12 10_29_10

UNCLE JIMMY likes this post

280October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go - Page 12 Empty Re: October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:41 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Lore ~ that looks delicious. It always looks so much more appetizing to have a full plate but, like you, I often take my picture and then remove half my meal for another time.

Your stuffed squash looks like I feel......OVER-stuffed! LOL

281October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go - Page 12 Empty Re: October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:26 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

I had forgotten how trying kittenhood can be, this little furball is hard to see and it chases after your feet. i have to walk very carefully or I might step right on it. We have put up some wire fencing that confines the kitten to one room. It looks like a toddler's playroom with cat toys, cat box and food. In other words it is a mess. It is really hard to use my pc because it walks on the keyboard.
Last night was just a ribeye and baked potato. We ate at 1:30 so Joe could digest it. He had no trouble.

bethk and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

282October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go - Page 12 Empty Re: October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:27 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:
Getting ready for trick or treat. The kids are testing their costumes.
The little one is saying, "I was just born, what the heck am I becoming Now?"

October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go - Page 12 Devil10

October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go - Page 12 What_10

Liam has his 'Growl' down pat! Aurora makes an adorable unicorn. Gee how I miss the days of 'Sugar High' for days on end.......NOT!!! Hahahahahaha!

283October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go - Page 12 Empty Re: October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:34 am

Cookin Lore

bethk wrote:Lore ~ that looks delicious.  It always looks so much more appetizing to have a full plate but, like you, I often take my picture and then remove half my meal for another time.

Your stuffed squash looks like I feel......OVER-stuffed!  LOL

Thanks again for posting. Yes, The squash was huge. I had planned to have the squash just baked (as I quite like it) but while making the rice, I thought to just add a few things. Like some chopped red pepper, cheese and some pizza sauce out of a can. By that time, the squash halves were almost done in the oven and looked so bare. So, I put the rice mix in it/them, put one back in the oven while the chicken finished. The second half is in the freezer for another day.

It's Canada, it's the end of October, I'm going to have my snow tires put on my car today. Sigh.

284October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go - Page 12 Empty Re: October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:15 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

And we are expecting 80 and 90 degree heat down here. The leaves on my Boston ivy are starting to change though.

I am going to see how I can create a blivet out of my freezer: 10 pounds of $hit in a 5 pound bag. I want to get two turkeys this year.

285October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go - Page 12 Empty Re: October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:04 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I had a tiny bit (about 1/2 c.) of dry red beans in the pantry that I put in a jar to soak overnight. This morning I simmered them in some of the ham stock I made and then, when they were tender after cooking for about an hour and a half, I added some browned smoked beef sausage (Johnsonville Smoked Beef Brats). We'll have that over some rice.

Right now I've got a pot of collard greens simmering.....it's always a guess how long they have to cook to become tender. I'm figuring on about an hour, but it could be less.

286October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go - Page 12 Empty Re: October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:26 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

? ? ? ? no clue what to make for supper? Left over stuffed pepper? We shall see.

bethk likes this post

287October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go - Page 12 Empty Re: October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:33 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Supper was a success......

October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go - Page 12 10_29_13

288October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go - Page 12 Empty Re: October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:43 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Supper was a fillet steak for me, with mashed yukon gold potatoes, and steamed brussels sprouts.
Tina had Shepherds pie that she made.

bethk likes this post

289October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go - Page 12 Empty Re: October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:37 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

we had grilled chicken skewers that were marinated in a combo of ranch dressing and bbq sauce. Made Ina Garten's corn salad to go with it.

290October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go - Page 12 Empty Re: October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:48 am

Cookin Lore

Bugster2 wrote:I had forgotten how trying kittenhood can be, this little furball is hard to see and it chases after your feet. i have to walk very carefully or I might step right on it. We have put up some wire fencing that confines the kitten to one room. It looks like a toddler's playroom with cat toys, cat box and food. In other words it is a mess. It is really hard to use my pc because it walks on the keyboard.
Last night was just a ribeye and baked potato. We ate at 1:30 so Joe could digest it. He had no trouble.

I understand kittenhood...............We had a "tiger" cat, you know the nice grey striped one who had 6 kittens one year on the farm. They discovered our garden of very large Hostas and played in and under them for hours. Those hosta leaves were like a jungle for them. Good thing mama was used to the fact that their bed and food was in our workshop.

Supper last night was a small cut of beef, I think I just cut it from a small roast, did it in the oven with some onion soup mix until the onion was like a sauce. A bit salty, but good, baked potato, and the last of the Delicata squash that I had.

Sending a picture to Beth, my "net partner! Thanks.

291October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go - Page 12 Empty Re: October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:57 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Cookin Lore wrote:

Supper last night was a small cut of beef, I think I just cut it from a small roast, did it in the oven with some onion soup mix until the onion was like a sauce.  A bit salty, but good, baked potato, and the last of the Delicata squash that I had.  

October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go - Page 12 10_30_11

TaDa! (It appears as if by magic.......)

292October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go - Page 12 Empty Re: October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:25 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

So much for the fencing - it has learned how to climb over it.

293October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go - Page 12 Empty Re: October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:36 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Bugster2 wrote:So much for the fencing - it has learned how to climb over it.

So you're saying you have a SUPER SMART kitten ???

Hahahahahahaha!

294October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go - Page 12 Empty Re: October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:07 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

bethk wrote:
Bugster2 wrote:So much for the fencing - it has learned how to climb over it.

So you're saying you have a SUPER SMART kitten ???

Hahahahahahaha!

No, it is just a monkey that has worn out her new mom.

295October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go - Page 12 Empty Re: October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:26 am

Cookin Lore

bethk wrote:
Cookin Lore wrote:

Supper last night was a small cut of beef, I think I just cut it from a small roast, did it in the oven with some onion soup mix until the onion was like a sauce.  A bit salty, but good, baked potato, and the last of the Delicata squash that I had.  

October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go - Page 12 10_30_11

TaDa!  (It appears as if by magic.......)

OOOOPs, I should have arranged the squash better to hide the empty spot on the plate. And yes, I generally eat at the table by a window where my laptop sits. Sending a picture of the view from that window. It's a gloomy day today, but on clear days I can see across Lake Ontario to see the Toronto skyline. It's a west exposure so I get great sunsets too.

296October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go - Page 12 Empty Re: October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:32 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Bugster2 wrote:

No, it is just a monkey that has worn out her new mom.

Sounds like her name is now "MONKEY"......seems fitting.........LOL

297October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go - Page 12 Empty Re: October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:34 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Cookin Lore wrote:  And yes,  I generally eat at the table by a window where my laptop sits.  Sending a picture of the view from that window.  It's a gloomy day today, but on clear days I can see across Lake Ontario to see the Toronto skyline.  It's a west exposure so I get great sunsets too.

October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go - Page 12 10_30_12

298October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go - Page 12 Empty Re: October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:45 am

Cookin Lore

bethk wrote:
Cookin Lore wrote:  And yes,  I generally eat at the table by a window where my laptop sits.  Sending a picture of the view from that window.  It's a gloomy day today, but on clear days I can see across Lake Ontario to see the Toronto skyline.  It's a west exposure so I get great sunsets too.

October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go - Page 12 10_30_12

Thanks again, Beth. If you look way in the distance on the far right, that's Lake Ontario. The house at the front with the turret is one of the older houses in St. Catharines, and has a doctor's office in it. Up until about 30 years ago it had a fabulous seafood restaurant in it. The roof(s) on it have been redone recently. It must have cost a mint, the shingles look like slate tiles, but they aren't real. My daughter-in-law says that's her favourite house ever!

299October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go - Page 12 Empty Re: October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:05 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Too bad they turn those vintage homes into offices. They are beautiful pieces of history.
I bet you have an amazing night light view.

300October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go - Page 12 Empty Re: October 2020 - A Haunting We Will Go Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:34 pm

Cookin Lore

Bugster2 wrote:Too bad they turn those vintage homes into offices. They are beautiful pieces of history.
I bet you have an amazing night light view.

The problems of course, with the old, large houses is repairs/maintenance. I have a feeling that this may be on the heritage registry, in which case the exterior has to be maintained as it is, and lots of families can't afford it.

There is a local, well known Canadian artist, Trish or Tricia Romance who had a huge house in Niagara on the lake. It is on the heritage registry. We renovated 11 fireplaces in there when they did a massive renovation years ago. The house, as many of the old mansions, had relatively small windows. She needed to have natural light for when she was painting, so they renovated the third floor for a studio, incl. a small kitchenette and bathroom, and included skylights which were not visible from street level. She had a huge semi circular desk made which she called her "Star trek Bridge." House and grounds were recently sold for $10million. Unfortunately she's not painting much any more, she is not well.

And yes, the night view is amazing.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum