Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

February 2017, "What's Cooking for Dinner?"

+3
cookingirl
bethk
UNCLE JIMMY
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 9]

bethk

bethk
Admin

OMG.....he looks SO tiny in it! But I'll bet it won't be any time at all before he's filling it out and grabbing Cheerios off the tray to stick on his nose, ears & face! All babies seem to love Cheerios because they dissolve so easily when they get wet.

I still cannot get over the amount of hair he has. Our first was born with a bunch of dark hair but so much fell out / rubbed off from turning her head on the rough sheets, etc. Or it could have been from all the 'Nuggies' her dad gave her!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:OMG.....he looks SO tiny in it!  But I'll bet it won't be any time at all before he's filling it out and grabbing Cheerios off the tray to stick on his nose, ears & face!  All babies seem to love Cheerios because they dissolve so easily when they get wet.

I still cannot get over the amount of hair he has.  Our first was born with a bunch of dark hair but so much fell out / rubbed off from turning her head on the rough sheets, etc.  Or it could have been from all the 'Nuggies' her dad gave her!

It's kinda early to start feeding him, but we believe that when we sit down to eat at the table, he should be at the table with us. He does get 1 or 2 tsp. of rice cereal with the supper feeding mixed with his milk in a dish.

His hair is so fine, we can't even comb it flat. It's so full of static electricity. I told the girls to rub a dryer sheet on his head. haahahaha.... Suspect Boy, did I get dagger eyes from that suggestion.

bethk

bethk
Admin

when no one is looking put some baby oil or baby cream on your hands and rub 'em together. Then wipe over his hair and smooth it down. You're right....it's static and oil is the only remedy

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Supper is done. I had the rest of the roast eye round, sliced and on a roll with mayo.
Scallions on the side to eat with it.
Tina breaded chicken breast that DD brought from the butcher shoppe. I fillet them thin. She had that, but GD is having dinner out with the baby in tow.

Had two of those huge chocolate dipped strawberries for dessert.

All and All, it was a great Valentines Day. .

bethk

bethk
Admin

Oh, that's right......it's Valentine's Day!

We had a romantic dinner of grilled chicken wings, sweet potato & Sam's Club Oriental Slaw.

February 2017, "What's Cooking for Dinner?" - Page 5 IMG_20170214_174416712

One of my neighbors told me the Oriental Slaw Salad 'kit' from Sam's Club was really good so when I was there I picked up a package....inexpensive at $2.59. Angel hair cabbage, some thin sliced napa cabbage, shredded carrots, scallions & (YUCK!) CILANTRO. I picked through and took all the cilantro out before I poured on the Ginger Soy dressing and just before I served it I sprinkled on the sesame sticks & toasted almonds. It was pretty tasty and, quite honestly, easier than making it from scratch when you're in a hurry.

Mr. Amazing had a Dr. appt. this afternoon in Ocala he wanted me to go to with him. His GP insisted he get a recommendation about his caraodid (sp?) artery blockage. The doc said he's got the right side with a 70% - 80% blockage and he really should consider having it cleared. It's fairly common and not a huge risk, although anything like that carries a stroke risk. But Dane has to decide if he wants to have the surgery done or sit and wait & see.....I think he's leaning to having it taken care of in April or May. Worst part for him is NO GOLF for 3 weeks. He can't decide when he can schedule it so it doesn't mess up his regular golfing days. Whatever......

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Oh, that's right......it's Valentine's Day!

We had a romantic dinner of grilled chicken wings, sweet potato & Sam's Club Oriental Slaw.

February 2017, "What's Cooking for Dinner?" - Page 5 IMG_20170214_174416712

One of my neighbors told me the Oriental Slaw Salad 'kit' from Sam's Club was really good so when I was there I picked up a package....inexpensive at $2.59.  Angel hair cabbage, some thin sliced napa cabbage, shredded carrots, scallions & (YUCK!) CILANTRO.  I picked through and took all the cilantro out before I poured on the Ginger Soy dressing and just before I served it I sprinkled on the sesame sticks & toasted almonds.  It was pretty tasty and, quite honestly, easier than making it from scratch when you're in a hurry.

Mr. Amazing had a Dr. appt. this afternoon in Ocala he wanted me to go to with him.  His GP insisted he get a recommendation about his caraodid (sp?) artery blockage.  The doc said he's got the right side with a 70% - 80% blockage and he really should consider having it cleared.  It's fairly common and not a huge risk, although anything like that carries a stroke risk.  But Dane has to decide if he wants to have the surgery done or sit and wait & see.....I think he's leaning to having it taken care of in April or May.  Worst part for him is NO GOLF for 3 weeks.  He can't decide when he can schedule it so it doesn't mess up his regular golfing days.  Whatever......

Wings look good Beth. ...... I would eat the salad, but not those fried noodles. I stabbed my gums too many times with them. L O L .

I had that test with ultrasound on the carotid artery's on the neck, and the Dr said I was 25% on one side, and 40% on the other side blocked, and said that was normal for my age.
If I were Dane, I would get the cleaning of the arteries done.

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

bethk wrote:Happy Birthday to Dane dinner of grilled rib eye, butter poached lobster tail, white rice (by request), steamed asparagus & a green salad with blue cheese dressing:

The birthday boy with dinner and his birthday brownie w/Redi Wip!

[

LOL you cannot even see the tiny, little, miniscule 1.5" X 1.5" brownie under his whipped cream!

February 2017, "What's Cooking for Dinner?" - Page 5 IMG_20170213_174107937_HDR

Happy belated birthday to your Mr.A... I wish all the best to him

And also Happy Valentine Day to you all, I hope you all had a wonderful one

Nothing special in here, everyday is V-day for us Razz  We stayed home and dined in, I fixed and easy dinner for us, shrimp/lobster tail scampi with steamed asparagus, served on the bed of quinoa and brown rice... the lobster tails were not big enough to satisfy our tummies, so I added a dozen of large shrimps, now you know we have big appetite Twisted Evil  the meal was so good, Dirk gave
February 2017, "What's Cooking for Dinner?" - Page 5 3593629538 February 2017, "What's Cooking for Dinner?" - Page 5 3593629538  

February 2017, "What's Cooking for Dinner?" - Page 5 4

February 2017, "What's Cooking for Dinner?" - Page 5 5

bethk

bethk
Admin

Looks mighty tasty, Imelda! I know what you mean about the little lobster tails....not like the 'olden days' when you got an 8 oz. lobster tail.....

But it's all good!

bethk

bethk
Admin

I made some pork in Korean BBQ sauce that we bought at the Oriental Market we stopped at on Tuesday in Ocala. The sauce out of the jar was really spicy so I thinned it out and tempered it with the addition of some apple jelly and chicken stock. I let the pork brown before adding the sauce/fixings and then let it all simmer until it was fork tender. No complaints from the Peanut Gallery so I guess I did good. Leftover white rice and a cabbage/carrot/leek medley completed my meal.

February 2017, "What's Cooking for Dinner?" - Page 5 IMG_20170215_170021677

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Looks tasty Beth ....
We ate light.... Ramen noodle soup. Jello with whipped cream for me, and we then finished the choc dipped strawberries from edible arrangements that I got Tina for Valentines Day.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Imelda HL wrote:
bethk wrote:Happy Birthday to Dane dinner of grilled rib eye, butter poached lobster tail, white rice (by request), steamed asparagus & a green salad with blue cheese dressing:

The birthday boy with dinner and his birthday brownie w/Redi Wip!

[

LOL you cannot even see the tiny, little, miniscule 1.5" X 1.5" brownie under his whipped cream!

February 2017, "What's Cooking for Dinner?" - Page 5 IMG_20170213_174107937_HDR

Happy belated birthday to your Mr.A... I wish all the best to him

And also Happy Valentine Day to you all, I hope you all had a wonderful one

Nothing special in here, everyday is V-day for us Razz  We stayed home and dined in, I fixed and easy dinner for us, shrimp/lobster tail scampi with steamed asparagus, served on the bed of quinoa and brown rice... the lobster tails were not big enough to satisfy our tummies, so I added a dozen of large shrimps, now you know we have big appetite Twisted Evil  the meal was so good, Dirk gave
February 2017, "What's Cooking for Dinner?" - Page 5 3593629538 February 2017, "What's Cooking for Dinner?" - Page 5 3593629538  

February 2017, "What's Cooking for Dinner?" - Page 5 4

February 2017, "What's Cooking for Dinner?" - Page 5 5

Imelda... Seafood looks so good. Nice Valentine surprise meal. sunny

NormM

NormM

I made fish chowder for dinner tonight.  Charlie might want to pick up tacos or something instead when he gets home but this is what I was wanting tonight.February 2017, "What's Cooking for Dinner?" - Page 5 Dscn4010

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:I made fish chowder for dinner tonight.  Charlie might want to pick up tacos or something instead when he gets home but this is what I was wanting tonight.February 2017, "What's Cooking for Dinner?" - Page 5 Dscn4010

I could really dive into that chowder Norm.
Did you have garlic toast or crackers with it?

NormM

NormM

No I just had it plain.

NormM

NormM

Charlie must have liked the chowder. He had three bowls.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:Charlie must have liked the chowder. He had three bowls.

Tell Charlie.... "Wise Choice!"

bethk

bethk
Admin

NormM wrote:Charlie must have liked the chowder. He had three bowls.

and there go the leftovers for lunch today........((sigh))

but it always makes a cook smile when others appreciate the food they make!

NormM

NormM

That's true!

bethk

bethk
Admin

He was gone playing golf most of the afternoon so I busied myself in the kitchen.

I had leftover Chex cereals from Christmas in the freezer (keeps them from going stale) so I decided it was time to finish them off with a big batch of Chex Mix. He loves the stuff and I can always take a big bowl to the next patio party.

As long as I was in the freezer I decided to pull out a meatloaf. I think it's the last one that had to be thawed and eggs added.....a mind is a terrible thing to lose! I ended up topping it with my usual sweet/spicy glaze.....mashed potatoes and green beans. Surprisingly, there were NO complaints about the potatoes. But maybe that's because it's HIS rule that mashed potatoes have to be served with meatloaf.

February 2017, "What's Cooking for Dinner?" - Page 5 IMG_20170216_172958313

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Mommy was wishing for meatloaf. So meatloaf, it was.
Mommy Lipton Soup Recipe with the stove top stuffing mix.
.... I like my recipe with the veggies and oatmeal and bread crumbs.

We had mashed potatoes with gravy, and corn in the microwave bag that poor Tina mistook 7 minutes for 17 minutes on high. So we had dry corn.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Looks like someone thought alike tonight.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Yes ..... Great minds and all that!

Bugster2

Bugster2

I keep asking this question and either no one reads my posts or they can't be bothered to answer.

Where is Barb? I haven't seen her post for ages.

NormM

NormM

Bugster, I have read every post you have made on this topic and I can't find the question you are asking.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Bugster2 wrote:I keep asking this question and either no one reads my posts or they can't be bothered to answer.

Where is Barb? I haven't seen her post for ages.

Barb decided to leave the forum last July and hasn't posted since.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum