Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

AUGUST 2016 ... WHAT'S COOKING FOR DINNER ?

+5
NormM
Crybaby
bethk
Bugster2
UNCLE JIMMY
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Go down  Message [Page 13 of 17]

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Oh! here it is. Had difficulty locking into the site. Hmmm! Oh Well!

Supper was Sausage and Peppers..... and Baked Ziti.
We had the the baby shower today, and when the guy's were here, the women went to the shower. My cousins came from PA, and so did Tina's cousin.
Come to find out, her cousin has a new girlfriend, and she's originally from Louisiana. She has two girls, and one is very interested in cooking / baking. Tina let her pick out a whole bunch of cook books from her thousands of books collection.

Dessert was cake from the shower, and good ole Krispy Kreme doughnuts.

Bugster2

Bugster2

It took me hours to get on the site. I don't know what was wrong.
No dinner tonight. Joe and Katie are at the Sawdust Festival and I am sick. I started some antibiotics yesterday that have never given me trouble before but the second dose gave me an agonizing belly ache that nothing would soothe. Up all night and all I have been drinking is milk, Maalox, Pepto. Been popping the acid reducers with no relief. No more antibiotics for me until I get this under control.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:It took me hours to get on the site. I don't know what was wrong.
No dinner tonight. Joe and Katie are at the Sawdust Festival and I am sick. I started some antibiotics yesterday that have never given me trouble before but the second dose gave me an agonizing belly ache that nothing would soothe. Up all night and all I have been drinking is milk, Maalox, Pepto. Been popping the acid reducers with no relief. No more antibiotics for me until I get this under control.

Me too! Took a couple hours to get the site.
Tina is sick all afternoon and evening. She thinks they cooked with MSG, at the Banquet club where they had GD's baby shower today. She only had a tsp of potato, and 1/2 tbs. of eggplant rolatini.

Feel better Deb.

bethk

bethk
Admin

not a clue what's up with the site. Seems to be fine today, though.

Geesh ~ Debbie, Tina...feelin' crappy. Hope that passes quickly for both.

I cooked at Lyn's yesterday. Easy Peasy spatchcocked chicken on the grill with a plain breast for Bill (his gets NO seasoning at all). Made the packet potatoes along side on the grill so there was no mess to clean up. Simple buttered green beans finished off our meal. Oh, we had vanilla ice cream with chocolate sauce & strawberries for dessert.

Crybaby

Crybaby

bethk wrote:I cooked at Lyn's yesterday.  Easy Peasy spatchcocked chicken on the grill with a plain breast for Bill (his gets NO seasoning at all).  Made the packet potatoes along side on the grill so there was no mess to clean up.  Simple buttered green beans finished off our meal.  Oh, we had vanilla ice cream with chocolate sauce & strawberries for dessert.

Did her DIL and grandson make it yesterday, Beth? Hope so. Smile

Crybaby

Crybaby

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:Come to find out, her cousin has a new girlfriend, and she's originally from Louisiana.

Well, she can't be all bad, right?  Right?  Wink

bethk

bethk
Admin

Yes, the DIL and grandson FINALLY got past the bad weather and made it into sunny Orlando! Their daughter-in-law is a great cook and is 'taking over' for a few days as well as cooking to put meals in the freezer so Lyn doesn't have to cook for a while. It's good for me to have some 'time' off, although I love her dearly it's tiring to be on the go to Lyn's every day to be sure she's got meals and help with her exercise program so she heals as good as she can. So I had a chance to putz around the house here and do some weeding and fertilizing.

I talked to Mr. Amazing and he's just about done with all he wanted to accomplish at our house in Ohio. Sounds like he'll be heading home in a week. I've only got one other project to complete and I've got all week to do it so I should be busy tomorrow and then have some days to relax.

Tonight I fixed 'leftovers'.....the second pork steak I grilled the other day, the other half sweet potato and some Italian flat beans I found in the freezer when I was cleaning it out.

AUGUST 2016 ... WHAT'S COOKING FOR DINNER ? - Page 13 IMG_20160822_171622689_HDR

NormM

NormM

We had steak on the grill with stuffed mushrooms, baked potato and asparagus.

AUGUST 2016 ... WHAT'S COOKING FOR DINNER ? - Page 13 DSCN3720_zpsyjg2clbg

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

Bugster2

Bugster2

I bought myself a new toy today: a Philips Pasta Maker. I just made spaghetti in about 10 minutes. The machine kneads and extrudes. Super simple clean-up. I cooked the spaghetti and threw on some sauce for testing and we are all impressed with the results. Tomorrow I am going to make some lasagna noodles, fettuccine and penne. The mix was a combination of semolina and all purpose flour with egg and water. Very pleased so far.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Crybaby wrote:
UNCLE JIMMY wrote:Come to find out, her cousin has a new girlfriend, and she's originally from Louisiana.

Well, she can't be all bad, right?  Right?  Wink

Right!!.... She said, I am not from down down where the action is, but she showed me on the L she made with her thumb and forefinger.....she said up up in Monroe Area!.... She grew up there, and then later traveled with her dad who was in the military.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

It was nice and cool here today. It was 70 with low humidity, and breezy coming out of the north. It's 62 right now at 10:30 PM.
Tina made drumsticks on the grill for her and GD.

I had a liverwurst and Swiss on rye, and coleslaw and some garlic pickles on the side.

I'm still hungry.... hmmm??? What to have???.....

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Hunger was satisfied with two sausage links, and 1/2 a hoagie roll.
The dish I ate it on, is clean as a whistle....
I had some m&m peanut candies for dessert.

Crybaby

Crybaby

Bugster2 wrote:I bought myself a new toy today: a Philips Pasta Maker. I just made spaghetti in about 10 minutes. The machine kneads and extrudes. Super simple clean-up. I cooked the spaghetti and threw on some sauce for testing and we are all impressed with the results. Tomorrow I am going to make some lasagna noodles, fettuccine and penne. The mix was a combination of semolina and all purpose flour with egg and water. Very pleased so far.

Sounds pretty nifty, Bug. Glad you're enjoying it!

Bugster2

Bugster2

I have got to clean out my kitchen. I have too many things that are really good quality but I am not happy with. How do you get rid of those things? I really don't want to give them to Goodwill, I wouldn't get much at a garage sale, EBAY is a royal PITA. I have asked around but most people I know are not as sophisticated a cook as I am and so are not interested in what I have. Cooking.com gave me a very nice 7qt stand mixer that I just don't use. The bowl is too big for my needs. I have a carbon steel double burner griddle that is too heavy for me to use. I have a slow cooker, a slow cooker/pressure cooker combo and a fryer/slow cooker combo. Which one do I get rid of? I have two bread makers that I use only once a year one makes 2lb loaves and the other makes 1lb loaves. I have a cast aluminum or cast iron nonstick griddle that came with my stove that I never use. I could go on but you get the picture. What do you do with good kitchen items you no longer need?

Joe and Katie are off to the beach so I guess there is no dinner tonight. Tomorrow I think I will make green chile verde enchiladas with fresh tomatillos. I can't eat it but I can have a taste.

I made Tiger Butter yesterday. I used white chocolate chips. I have always had a problem with white chips because they taste awful. I then read a taste test on CI about them and they recommend Guittard. I found them at Sprouts, bought a bag and CI was right. They do taste like white chocolate. I made some yummy candy with them.

Last night was tuna melts on toasted English muffins.

bethk

bethk
Admin

I was able to give my unwanted/unneeded items to my daughters so I haven't any really good ideas for you. You might want to look into a charity like a homeless shelter or something like that where someone could utilize your stuff. You could at least then get a deduction on your income tax for the donation and you won't have the bother of trying to sell it.

I do wish I had kept my hand mixer as now I only have my KitchenAid on my countertop. But I don't miss the food processor (I do have a mini-chop) or the majority of my large pots. Most of those had warped bottoms since I inherited them from Grandmothers and they wouldn't work on my flat-top electric stove anyway. Both my daughters have gas stovetops so a little wobble doesn't bother them at all.

bethk

bethk
Admin

I was at a complete loss of any idea of what to fix for my supper. It was raining most of the afternoon so grilling was out. I finally settled on potato pancakes (again) since Dane is still not home and I know when he gets back from Ohio it will be a very long time before I make them again.

AUGUST 2016 ... WHAT'S COOKING FOR DINNER ? - Page 13 IMG_20160823_183142358

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:I was at a complete loss of any idea of what to fix for my supper.  It was raining most of the afternoon so grilling was out.  I finally settled on potato pancakes (again) since Dane is still not home and I know when he gets back from Ohio it will be a very long time before I make them again.  

AUGUST 2016 ... WHAT'S COOKING FOR DINNER ? - Page 13 IMG_20160823_183142358

They look great Beth! Just one question?
That cup of sour cream is enough to eat the plate of potato pancakes??
I would need one of those condiment containers, for just one pancake. Laughing

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Supper was a celebration for Tina's 71st Birthday today.
We had Chinese take out, and salads from Panera's. Cupcakes from a bakery in Chester, NJ.
Ice cream from this place that makes home made batches of different flavors.
We had a great; easy time. Clean up was easy, and all bellies are happy.

bethk

bethk
Admin

and to think I suggested to Tina she get YOU to cook something really great for her.....you got off easy this time, Jimmy! LOL

And, yes, that little bowl of sour cream was more than enough for my potato pancakes....I felt guilty enough eating them all as it was without adding the shame of sour cream on my chin!

Crybaby

Crybaby

Jimmy, wish Tina a Happy Birthday from all of us! She's as close to being a member of this forum as you can get without posting.

AUGUST 2016 ... WHAT'S COOKING FOR DINNER ? - Page 13 863604796 Happy Birthday, Tina! That's Jimmy eating all your cake!!!

NormM

NormM

Happy birthday to Tina!

bethk

bethk
Admin

Went out to a fish fry tonight.....now I'm stuffed! Fried haddock, sweet potato fries & pineapple slaw. Good stuff, Maynard!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Crybaby wrote:Jimmy, wish Tina a Happy Birthday from all of us!  She's as close to being a member of this forum as you can get without posting.

AUGUST 2016 ... WHAT'S COOKING FOR DINNER ? - Page 13 863604796   Happy  Birthday, Tina!  That's Jimmy eating all your cake!!!

She said thank you to all. Actually, she is part of me, every minute of MY life. Sort of Like my Sou Chef! Very Happy

NormM

NormM

I spent most of the day at my sister's house going over mom's stuff. She didn't want to throw anything away until I had seen it. When I got home, we had hamburger meat but no hamburger buns and Charlie won't eat a hamburger on regular bread, but we had some hot dog buns so I made the hamburgers shaped to fit in the hot dog buns and that was our dinner along with some chips.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:I spent most of the day at my sister's house going over mom's stuff.  She didn't want to throw anything away until I had seen it.  When I got home, we had hamburger meat but no hamburger buns and Charlie won't eat a hamburger on regular bread, but we had some hot dog buns so I made the hamburgers shaped to fit in the hot dog buns and that was our dinner along with some chips.

Son Jimmy is the same way. No hamburger without buns, and he has to have as first choice, those yellow doughy Potato buns.

When we were kids, mom made burgers, and it was a treat to have buns. Usually, it was on bread, and hot dogs too! Brother would whine,"My hot dog don't fit, and it's sticking out on this bread!" ....Mom would say,"Bite off the end of the hot dog and it'll fit!"

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum