Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wow!! April already Dinners.

+4
UNCLE JIMMY
Bugster2
Niagara Visitor
NormM
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down  Message [Page 16 of 20]

376 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 16 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:38 am

NormM

NormM

There was also Cookingfool. She liked me most of the time but she could go off on people for the slightest things. I remember some exchanges she had with Chef June.   I think it was she who thought Kansas was a pro slavery state.  Lots of Kansans were killed by pro slavery people before the Civil War because they wanted Kansas to enter the Union as a Free State.  We even have a beer brewed in Lawrence called Free State. Lawrence was burned to the ground by Confederates BTW.

Last edited by NormM on Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:40 am; edited 1 time in total

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

377 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 16 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:39 am

Niagara Visitor

Well, my excuse is two fold. 1- I am Canadian (by choice) and we are polite and 2- I am German (by birth) and we are reserved!

378 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 16 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:42 am

NormM

NormM

I guess my Irish makes me a little animated at times.

379 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 16 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:48 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

Oh my Irish comes out. That and as old as I am I don't have the patience for it. I mean what I say and say what I mean and don't care lol I am ok with that.

380 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 16 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:52 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

Did she have it in for Norm? My memory is shot. I remember she got on many people's bad side.

381 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 16 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:55 am

Niagara Visitor

Oh, I think there just might be some Irish or even Italian temprament somewhere in my genes. I just don't let it come out when typing where it will be forever! LOL

382 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 16 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:30 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

NormM wrote:There was also Cookingfool. She liked me most of the time but she could go off on people for the slightest things. I remember some exchanges she had with Chef June.   I think it was she who thought Kansas was a pro slavery state.  Lots of Kansans were killed by pro slavery people before the Civil War because they wanted Kansas to enter the Union as a Free State.  We even have a beer brewed in Lawrence called Free State. Lawrence was burned to the ground by Confederates BTW.

OMG she was mean as a snake..We tangled too. Poor June she had no friends lol..

383 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 16 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:23 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Yes, June was a little snotty.

I was reading the paper and saw we are getting a new restaurant that has its' origins from the east. Has anyone ever heard of Steak 'N Shake?
Is it any good? I realize it is low budget food but I was wondering if it was worth a try.

384 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 16 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:33 pm

NormM

NormM

Steak N Shake is a burger joint. There are some here in Kansas City. Well they have their "famous" Steak burger but they have breakfast, lunch and dinner menus with other stuff on it too. We've just had burgers and they are good. I don't know if I'd call them great. They are just regular old fashioned smash type burgers IMO.

385 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 16 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:02 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

We go to Steak N Shake because seniors can order a child-size milkshake, which is 'just right'.

And their fries are skinny and crispy and hot ~ I shudder to admit I eat every one when I'm there (as opposed to most places where I eat one or two and then can push them away).

But, as Norm stated, smash type burgers.....not as good as 'Smash Burgers' chain, but not as bad as McDonalds. JMO

386 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 16 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:56 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 16 12998673_1188161484540868_8566242309456815267_n

Just fried up some eggplant.Might as well just eat it lol..Having leftover steak later..

387 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 16 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:36 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Knock ~ Knock......that's JIMMY at your door! LOL

388 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 16 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:40 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 16 IMG_20160424_172010306

Ham & Asparagus Frittata with Salad for a light supper....

Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 16 IMG_20160424_172117245

389 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 16 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:52 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Hello... come right in Barb ( Only if you bring some of that fried egg plant )

Beth... you got to know me and foods I adore, very well. I'm drooling here.

You too Beth. That meal of yours looks so good. 10 x better than my frittata I had this morning at the brunch.

390 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 16 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:56 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Sometimes when I cannot think of anything else to fix for supper I fall back on the incredible, edible egg! Such a versatile ingredient!

That, and Mr. Amazing is always happy with me for coming up with something low in calories and high in protien for his meal.

391 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 16 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:06 pm

Niagara Visitor

I have a meatloaf in the oven and potatoes are boiled for a potato salad.

392 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 16 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:18 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

LOL Jimmy, I have thought about you all day!!! You and I don't have a love for eating out. I am to fussy about my food.

393 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 16 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:40 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

BTW I saw one of those fix it forget roaster thing at the thrift store I go to .$20. Still in the box brand new. I may buy it lol

394 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 16 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:45 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Thanks for the info on Steak 'N Shake. We will have to give it a try when it opens in May.

No dinner tonight. Joe and Roomie are at the beach. Why, I don't know because it is overcast. I think Katie wants to whale watch. All the grey whale moms are coming up from Mexico with their calves and are coming real close to shore to roll in the sand.

A couple of months ago I watched a YouTube on making an Egg McMuffin. They use a grid of egg rings and pour in some water and cover the eggs till they are cooked through. I have a set of egg rings and they are worthless. No matter what you do the egg still seeps out. Then I read an article on Serious Eats about making the perfect breakfast sandwich. They used extra wide Ball jar rings and tops as their egg rings. You spray the inside of the lid with the bottom in it with Pam, place it in a pan, put in the egg, pour in 3/4 cup water, cover and simmer for two minutes. I gave it a try and it worked but I like my eggs a little firmer so I cooked the egg for almost 3 minutes. It was difficult to get the egg ring out, even with tongs so I have been looking at other methods. I thought of my egg poacher but the cups are too small in diameter. Then I saw a set of egg boats at Sur La Table that might have worked but they were too expensive. So I have been trolling Amazon for ideas. I came across a single 3-piece egg poacher but it was more than I wanted to spend. Somehow I ended up on Walmart.com and saw a three piece single egg poacher for cheap. Right dimensions too. I went and bought one and have been playing with it. I can actually cook two eggs using the insert and the little pan at the same time. That is great because I need 6 egg capacity for Roomie, Joe and me. It is always so satisfying to solve a problem on the cheap. If I had used Sur La Tables egg boats, it would have cost me $20 for two boats. at Wally's, I can cook two eggs for $7.00.

395 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 16 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:46 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:LOL Jimmy, I have thought about you all day!!! You and I don't have a love for eating out. I am to fussy about my food.

That's amazing. I brought my own plastic fork and knife with napkin packet that Tina saves from the fast food places. Now the question was? Where part of the coffee cup to suck my coffee with.
I thought of the opposite of the handle, but then I thought of some snot nosed kid, sipping his orange juice in the cup, holding it with two hands while liping the cup. Then I settled for the handle side.

Now begins the count down. In three days, If I get the throat scratch, then I'll know I got the hootchie cootchie scungie mungie cold, that could have been prevented by eating my own incredible edible eggs.

The place is clean, but people are not. Tina had pancake with banana's, but THEY put three gobs of butter on...AND the syrup. N a Na Na Na Na .......I put my own butter, and my own syrup on the pancake..... Haaaaa!!!!

396 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 16 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:47 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Barbara101 wrote:BTW I saw one of those fix it forget roaster thing at the thrift store I go to .$20. Still in the box brand new. I may buy it lol

What is a fix it and forget it roaster?

397 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 16 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:56 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Yes like the one Jimmy uses

398 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 16 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:59 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

I am so sick of cleaning my stove top of grease when I cook anything. I even looked at those griddle things.

399 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 16 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:03 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Barbara101 wrote:Yes like the one Jimmy uses

Refresh my memory. What does Jimmy use?

400 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 16 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:04 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 16 003%20123

steak sandwich on onion roll and baked cinnamon dusted sweet potato fries

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 16 of 20]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum