Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wow!! April already Dinners.

+4
UNCLE JIMMY
Bugster2
Niagara Visitor
NormM
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next

Go down  Message [Page 14 of 20]

326 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 14 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:05 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Tonight was a 'summertime' meal:

Grilled chicken, first of the local corn and green beans.

Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 14 IMG_20160421_173514974

327 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 14 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:28 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 14 10357451_10202842671920909_3962397041642065909_n

Mine is a mess not nice and clean like Norms lol...

328 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 14 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:30 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

bethk wrote:
Bugster2 wrote:I just got a pop-up on this page telling me that my Adobe Flash player was out of date and I needed to install the updates. I don't even know if I have Adobe on my computer. When I declined to update it said "You Puss". I found that offensive and I wonder if it actually was Adobe or malware.

EVERYONE ~ BEWARE...apparently there is some nasty stuff lurking in the pages of our little forum.  Unfortunately, niether Barb or I have any control of that stuff.  There is an entire 'back-room' of Forumotion.com people who take care of all formating, etc.  Hopefully their anti-troll controls will find and destroy whatever virus/bug/etc that might be here.

Do NOT download any suggested updates.  If you get a pop-up, 'X' out of the page and come back later.  That's the only advice I have.

Sorry for any problems members might be having.

I have not seen anything..

329 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 14 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:34 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Barbara101 wrote:

Mine is a mess not nice and clean like Norms lol...

Oh, but what a tasty 'mess' you have there.....YUM!

330 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 14 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:30 am

NormM

NormM

Back in Feb. on the problems or comments section, I warned about Flashplayer problem downloads. No one commented on it so I figured I was the only one who saw it.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

331 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 14 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:36 am

NormM

NormM

That crab feast looks delicious.  

Beth, I did some deviled, grilled chicken thighs recently.  They were good.

8 chicken thighs, or a mixture of thighs and drumsticks
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
⅓ cup Dijon mustard
⅓ cup minced  scallion
¼ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper or Tabasco sauce, or to taste

Mixed together and brushed on grilled chicken with Minced parsley for garnish, optional

1. Heat the broiler to its maximum, and set the rack about 4 inches from the heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper on both sides, and place it in a pan, skin side up. Broil, watching carefully, until the skin is golden brown, about 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, combine the mustard, shallots and cayenne. (If you have a small food processor, you can chop the shallots by throwing them in with the mustard and pulsing the machine on and off a few times.)
3. When the chicken has browned, remove it from oven, and turn it. Spread just a teaspoon or so of the mustard mixture on the underside of the chicken, and broil about 5 minutes. Turn the chicken, and spread the remaining mixture on the upper, or skin side. Broil until mustard begins to brown.
4. At this point, the chicken may be done. (There will be only the barest trace of pink near the bone; an instant-read thermometer inserted into the meat will read 160 degrees.) If it is not done, turn off the broiler and leave the chicken in the oven 5 more minutes or so. Garnish and serve.

332 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 14 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:12 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Thighs are my favorite part....well, behind the wings, of course.

so much more flavor ~ they don't dry out like the breast meat does.

333 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 14 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:34 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Jimmy I was making a order for coffee and saw a refered by friend..Code.. How do I put you in??

334 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 14 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:19 pm

NormM

NormM

Wings and thighs are my favorites parts. i don't know why everyone who makes frizen chicken pot pies puts ALL WHITE MEAT on the label like that supposed to be a good thing.

335 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 14 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:53 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:Jimmy I was making a order for coffee and saw a refered by friend..Code.. How do I put you in??

I already used my code on Big Cat Coffee, but I as a customer, can send you a code so YOU can get 10% off your order. You have to make an order first, before you get a code for someone else.

I can only send you a code, if I have your e-mail address. Or an e-mail address you are ordering on.

On their website page...click on the yellow bar [ My friend referrals ]. It explains how it works.

336 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 14 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:03 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

I put my order on hold .

Mycarolinachick@aol.com

337 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 14 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:20 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:I put my order on hold .

Mycarolinachick@aol.com

OK... Barb... I will send it in 5 minutes...

I used mine to my DD and It worked for me.

338 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 14 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:35 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:
Barbara101 wrote:I put my order on hold .

Mycarolinachick@aol.com

OK... Barb... I will send it in 5 minutes...

I used mine to my DD and It worked for me.

put the order in and code.Don't know if they used it.lol..I also liked onFB and the 10% off is somewhere in space.. No

oh well thanks anyway ha..I do not like my single cup maker. Trying to find one that will make a 16oz to 24oz mug..That is all my mug sizes..I do not want a 6/8oz cup of coffee.. No Evil or Very Mad No

339 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 14 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:10 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Leftovers tonight....reheated chicken. Potatoes, corn, beans and onion got fried together for a starch/veg side dish.

Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 14 IMG_20160422_174400951

340 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 14 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:11 pm

NormM

NormM

I got two bone-in cured pork chops and heated them up in a skillet with some bella mushrooms and made cheddar cheese flavored Ramen type thing that was basically just mac (noodles) & cheese and nuked a couple of potatoes which we had with butter and sour cream. We finished off the last of the angel food cake with the last of the strawberries too.

341 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 14 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:17 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

leftover crab legs for me..Later, I am not hungry right now..

342 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 14 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:18 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 14 12932846_10207182525734542_862372643564715841_n

343 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 14 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:23 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Huh!!.... Roast beef sandwich on whole grain bread with swiss cheese, and mayo.
5 left over shrimp from red lobster. Dessert later of KK coffee, and toast with PB& J.

344 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 14 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:00 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I have a pork tenderloin for tonight. I wanted to marinate it in something but didn't want the 'same-old-same-old'. So, I cleaned out the refrigerator. First thing I found was the last little bit of blueberry sauce I had made a LONG time ago (but since it was such a high sugar content I knew it was still good). So, that was decided to be my marinate base.

I had maybe a little less than 1/4 c. of the blueberry sauce, I added a heaping Tbsp. of Sambal Oleck (spicy chili sauce), a small drizzle of sesame oil, about 2 Tbsp. of soy sauce and the same of Mirin.

OMG - it tasted SO good. I put half over the tenderloin....that I had scored all around to allow the marinate to penetrate better....and I saved half to use as a glazing sauce when I grill it.

I also have veg julienned for a veg/spaghetti side and I'll finish it off with a couple ears of corn.

Boy, I'm really looking forward to that pork....the Sambal Oleck is my new FAVORITE ingredient...so much flavor.

345 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 14 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:12 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Sounds great. I took out a very large steak to grill.

346 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 14 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:12 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I think today, is a special day!
Hip, Hip, Hurrrrray!  Tina and Jimmy Married FIFTY years today!   Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 14 3561122519

Yep! .... So I eat light today. Tomorrow the kids are taking us to a place in town for Brunch at the 11 O'clock sitting.

Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 14 3447731902     Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 14 1450907917

347 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 14 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:16 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

CONGRATULATIONS !!!

That is such an accomplishment in today's world.....amazing kudos to Tina for keeping you in line for half a century~(just kidding)

348 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 14 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:39 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:CONGRATULATIONS !!!

That is such an accomplishment in today's world.....amazing kudos to Tina for keeping you in line for half a century~(just kidding)

Thanks Beth! .... And yes, if it were't for her, I would have sunken years ago.  She was my Flex Seal in a Can !  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLrz5yla3GY

349 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 14 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:56 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 14 IMG_20160423_173326383_HDR

I thought the spicy blueberry bbq sauce was just right....but one of us didn't care for it ((too bad....LOL))

Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 14 IMG_20160423_173541549

350 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 14 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:40 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

gosh I would love it..I like fruit sauces.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 20]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum