Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made!

+5
UNCLE JIMMY
cookingirl
Bugster2
Barbara101
bethk
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 14 ... 18  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 18]

251March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! - Page 11 Empty Re: March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:12 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I made a pot of tomato sauce with meatballs. The round balls are Tina's. They are with lots more bread. The others ( 80% ) are for the corned beef dinner tomorrow for son Jimmy and Granddaughter because they don't eat corned beef. Those meatballs are long shaped, like a bolstered pillow. They are more meat. Not soft!

I had like 7 that I couldn't fit in the pot, so I fried them. Here are Jimmy and Tina nibbling on them. Then it hit me. I said to T "How was the meat?" She said,"good, why?"....
I said,"Did your tongue turn black?"...... She's looking at me crazy, and then it hit her.
She said"Oh S**T!" ....Supposed to be No Meat Today!

252March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! - Page 11 Empty Re: March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:21 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Barb, your manicotti looks scrumptious delicious. Last one I made I used that 2-sauce 'recipe' with the creamy parmesan sauce (that tastes a lot like an alfredo) and a red marinara. It was yummy. The meat filling was very similar to what I use when I make stuffed shells.

Jimmy, you and Tina are not going to he!! for eating meat on ONE Friday.....God will forgive you. It's just wonderful that Tina is getting her appetite back and actually wants to nibble here & there. Good for both of you!

I was on the run all day. Lyn called last night & said she had to be out of her house in the a.m. because her cleaning people were coming and would I meet her for breakfast. I said, "no"....but I can come for coffee. I was already scheduled to have lunch with the neighborhood ladies at noon. Then Dane & Bill decided to go play golf and said we would all go out to eat after they were done....

So, I had a cup of coffee with Lyn for a couple hours, then met the neighbors for a 'side' salad lunch, and then I picked up Lyn so we could go meet the guys for an early supper at one of the country clubs. I ended up having some steamed clams off the appetizer menu and a small dinner salad. It was plenty to eat even though it wasn't all that much at any meal. I do know I stayed 'low fat ~ low carb' with what I ate today! LOL

253March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! - Page 11 Empty Re: March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:30 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Oh, and even after a day of running like today.....TOMORROW I will drive to Tampa to meet 3 high school pals for lunch. One is visiting relatives (lives in Ohio) and the other 2 moved to Florida years ago. One I haven't seen since high school.

Wonder if we'll recognize each other??? LOL

254March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! - Page 11 Empty Re: March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:55 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:Yummy looking. Darn it, I have to move next door too!

lol you would survive in this heat. March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! - Page 11 387840482 Not happy living here but I can afford my house.Next electric bill won't be $54. tho lol..Air on,fans on..

OOoops! Forget it. No heat for me! Or Tina.

We like cold. As a matter of fact, we are predicted to get a Nor Easter Sunday night int Monday. Yay! bounce Some predictions say 8 inches of the white stuff.

255March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! - Page 11 Empty Re: March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:23 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

Pad Thai

Making this tonight.Chicken or shrimp. No tofu..

256March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! - Page 11 Empty Re: March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:04 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Corned beef...potatoes and cabbage... All cooked. On the warming trays...
Banana cake done, and ready. Table set, all Irish decorations.
Just waiting for the kids to come. They want to eat early and then go to 5:30 Mass.

DD is going to Bethlehem Sands Arena, to see "Megadeath" ... A concert! ...

257March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! - Page 11 Empty Re: March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:57 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! - Page 11 Pad%20thai8_thumb3

Pad Thai, shrimp..

258March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! - Page 11 Empty Re: March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:58 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! - Page 11 Pad%20thai7

259March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! - Page 11 Empty Re: March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:30 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

Yesterday, Roomie and DH went out for Italian. My gut was in distress so I stayed home. I didn't even want to smell food. DH was three sheets to the wind when he got home. I rarely see him that way but I don't like it because his personality changes. I have PTSD from my mom's alcoholism, so it upset me. I didn't let anyone know though.
This morning I got up early and started cleaning out the cupboards. Every six months or so, I get crowded from things being shoved anywhere, so I clean. I wish I could come up with an idea how to store the plastic lids to food storage containers. I may have to move things around to make storage more efficient and purge, purge. Maybe someday I can have a walk-in pantry.
Since Roomie won't be home, I think a nice juicy steak will be good for dinner. I think we will split a potato and I will make a salad. I have a lot of cherry tomatoes ready for picking from my Aerogarden. I still have to run to the store for a cuke, avocado.

260March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! - Page 11 Empty Re: March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:56 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

Lol you should see mine !! My cabinet is on the bottom and has 2 doors . Chuck full . I clean it out and 2 days later it is all a mess . I just toss stuff in and close the door ha . PIA.

261March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! - Page 11 Empty Re: March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:58 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

Not many of us are cooking , I guess . I am .

262March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! - Page 11 Empty Re: March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:15 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:Not many of us are cooking , I guess . I am .

To put it bluntly..... I sure as s**t am not.

There is 1 and 1/4 corned beef left. Cabbage and potatoes.

Bad enough I made pancakes for Tina for breakfast...and bacon.
I am whooped from cooking yesterday.

I dread cooking for Easter Dinner..... Turkey / ham / kielbasa / potato and macaroni salad / mashed potatoes / sweet potatoes candied , and a whole big pan of lasagna. I don't mind making the turkey and stuffing, and the ham and kielbasa, but the girls are gonna have to do the salads and potatoes.....

263March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! - Page 11 Empty Re: March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:16 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

I just toss things in too, but when I start to pull out something and all of the contents of the cupboard come with it, I clean.

264March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! - Page 11 Empty Re: March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:17 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

I just toss things in too, but when I start to pull out something and all of the contents of the cupboard come with it, I clean.

265March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! - Page 11 Empty Re: March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:18 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:
Barbara101 wrote:Not many of us are cooking , I guess . I am .

To put it bluntly..... I sure as s**t am not.

There is 1 and 1/4 corned beef left. Cabbage and potatoes.

Bad enough I made pancakes for Tina for breakfast...and bacon.
I am whooped from cooking yesterday.

I dread cooking for Easter Dinner..... Turkey / ham / kielbasa / potato and macaroni salad / mashed potatoes / sweet potatoes candied , and a whole big pan of lasagna. I don't mind making the turkey and stuffing, and the ham and kielbasa, but the girls are gonna have to do the salads and potatoes.....

Thanks for reminding me Jimmy. I have to pull out a turkey from the freezer.

266March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! - Page 11 Empty Re: March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:57 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I just used it! ..... What??????
The answer to the stuff there is no room for in the cabinets / storage area's etc.

I just put away the big Lodge cast iron cooker. I put it in a plastic garbage bag, and put it outside in this great storage chest. We have two. One is a rubbermaid and the other is another brand.
They are great! All the odd tupperware, and big tupperware is out there, and some with the lids attached and smaller lids inside them.

They snap to assemble, and they are really strong. They also make tall ones, but the chest kind serves a better purpose. Just toss it and slam the lid shut.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Rubbermaid-120-Gal-Deck-Box-with-Seat-FG5E3900OLVSS/203180118

267March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! - Page 11 Empty Re: March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:37 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

That makes me tired lol...I have a rack of lamb and a leg of lamb..How I cook it depends..if turkeys are on sale soon, I am buying 2 ,one for me and griller guy.lol.Love smoked turkey.

268March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! - Page 11 Empty Re: March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:13 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I knew I had some vegetables for supper (my favorite part) and I knew Mr. Amazing had mentioned a 'Big Fat Bacon Burger' when I was shaping & freezing burger patties on Tuesday (Fresh Market fresh ground round day) so supper was just about figured out.....the only question was:  Should I do buns for the burgers or spend our carb grams on CRISPY CROWNS???  OK, so it wasn't much of a question!  LOL

The golden beets w/greens were excellent.  It's definately a favorite of both of us.  The asparagus was oiled & seasoned and then cooked on the grill with the burgers.

And lest you all think I'm a 'Meanie' and I don't give HIM the cheese he likes, I took a pic of his plate as well as mine tonight.

March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! - Page 11 IMG_20160320_165112517

mine (sans the cheese & bacon)

March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! - Page 11 IMG_20160320_165149925

269March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! - Page 11 Empty Re: March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:21 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! - Page 11 4137497845  I like his more .lol...

270March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! - Page 11 Empty Re: March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:08 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Hahahahaha......he was shocked when I said, "Don't take a bite until I take a picture of YOUR plate tonight!"

He was like, "Huh?"

He has gotten to where he likes his tacos and most Mexican food (like my chicken enchiladas) without cheese. I always offer but I don't think it's that big of a deal to him.

I thought he was going to say something about no bun but the crispy potato crowns are his favorite and he figured out what I was trying to do. He's almost at his weight loss goal (good for him ~ I haven't dropped a pound.....but I've given up caring as long as I feel good). He read somewhere that spicy foods help burn calories so that's why his plate is covered in pepper.

271March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! - Page 11 Empty Re: March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:17 pm

cookingirl

cookingirl

I cooked today... I mean, if you call a corned beef and cabbage, cooking..well I did it...

I made corned beef, cabbage, rutabaga, potatoes, carrots.....

It came out really good. It is an easy, but time consuming meal...

I think I will freeze some of the corned beef, in the cooking water; for later..

I am mostly a veggie person when it comes to boiled dinners...but, we will see how the cabbage effects me this year....love it though..

The veggies needed just another 5 minutes of cooking time...but that will be good for reheating!!!

Have my Russian Black Bread from Kasanoff's (local supermarket brand) for a sandwich later this week...I think I may try freezing the veggies....

272March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! - Page 11 Empty Re: March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:23 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Yeah, Cyn.....good for you! Don't know about freezing the cooked vegetables....I think I'd chop them up fine and add just a bit of the corned beef (since you like the veg best) and I'd make a fried hash with a couple eggs on top for a wonderful 'breakfast for supper' meal later in the week.

Use a big enough skillet so you can get some brown on the veg and kind of mash it all down so it makes good contact with the hot pan. Nice and crispy is super good and all those vegetables will cook nicely together.

273March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! - Page 11 Empty Re: March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:32 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

^^^^^^^^^^ what Beth said ! If I was you I would just eat it till gone lol

274March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! - Page 11 Empty Re: March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:10 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! - Page 11 Porterhouse-chops-012

Grilled a thick chop..now watch ,griller guy will bring me dinner..

275March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! - Page 11 Empty Re: March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:21 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

That is one big, thick chop! Nice choice on side veg ~ COPY CAT !!!! LOL

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 18]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 14 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum