Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

JUNE.. whats cooking.

+4
UNCLE JIMMY
NormM
Imelda HL
Barbara101
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 14]

276JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 12 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:57 pm

JanaAZ

bethk wrote:We're going to Nogoya Hibachi Grill tonight to celebrate the birthday boy...his choice.  I'm so pooped from painting in the hot upstairs bedroom all day.  Good news is the trim is all painted...tomorrow I'll cut in with the wall color and someone else will have to do the rolling....I don't do rollers OR ladders.  LOL

We must be the same person.  I don't do rollers or ladders either   I do the trim and detailed painting.

277JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 12 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:11 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Imelda, I don't think I've EVER seen beef tendon at a grocery store.  I wonder if its just I haven't noticed or if it is not offered here.....  I'm assuming it is something that is braised for a long time to tenderize.  It sounds like it would be easier to get use to as opposed to liver or kidneys or other internal organ.

###########################

Jana - I only paint if I'm the only one doing it.  If Dane is around the job falls entirely to him.  That's because I don't do it "correctly".......I put on too much, too little, hold the brush too tightly, press too hard, or ....whatever.  Funny thing is, when I'm done it looks the same as when anyone else does it!  OK, I'll admit I do tend to get some on my hands, and my clothing, and usually my hair but I only paint with washable latex paint so it's not a big deal.

278JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 12 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:15 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Mommy "T" was in the store, and passed by the hungry hungry deli section. She bought a chicken already rotisereeed; and soaked with tons of salt.
She brought it home and fed herself and Granddaughter whilst I turned my nose.

They made mashed taters and they said it was good. No Thank you for me you see.
I will have a sandwich later. I will survive! hahahahaha

Tomorrow she takes her twice monthly trip to south Jersey to her uncles. She put a bunch of dinners together for him, and they are in the freezer. I got the cooler, and I will bag ice and rock salt for the three hour trip down.

279JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 12 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:32 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

First thing this morning I pulled a small chuck pot roast out of the freezer and tossed it into the microwave to thaw. Meanwhile I peeled some carrots and scrubbed some little Yukon potatoes. I put a Reynolds liner in the crock pot, put in the carrots and potatoes and topped with the still frozen roast. I looked in the pantry and DD had a bunch of packs of Lipton onion soup mix so that got added and I poured on a cup of coffee. I put it on high for a couple of hours and then to low...by 5 pm it was all done.

I strained the liquid into the fat separator measuring cup and then used the cooking juices to make some awesome gravy.

Then everyone was gone and its just sitting and waiting for anyone to decide to eat. Dane gets a pass because he's at golf. I'm betting he'll have a nice supper when he gets home. The GS got picked up by his dad early so he didn't get supper here. Then DD decided she wasn't hungry. Oh we'll, I ate supper and its still gonna be good if I have to pack it up and reheat it for lunch tomorrow.

280JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 12 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:47 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:First thing this morning I pulled a small chuck pot roast out of the freezer and tossed it into the microwave to thaw.  Meanwhile I peeled some carrots and scrubbed some little Yukon potatoes.  I put a Reynolds liner in the crock pot, put in the carrots and potatoes and topped with the still frozen roast. I looked in the pantry and DD had a bunch of packs of Lipton onion soup mix so that got added and I poured on a cup of coffee.  I put it on high for a couple of hours and then to low...by 5 pm it was all done.

I strained the liquid into the fat separator measuring cup and then used the cooking juices to make some awesome gravy.

Then everyone was gone and its just sitting and waiting for anyone to decide to eat.  Dane gets a pass because he's at golf.  I'm betting he'll have a nice supper when he gets home.  The GS got picked up by his dad early so he didn't get supper here.  Then DD decided she wasn't hungry.  Oh we'll, I ate supper and its still gonna be good if I have to pack it up and reheat it for lunch tomorrow.

I'm sittin here drooling over that pot roast ordeal! Ummmm!!
BTW...What is a Reynolds Liner?? Is that the non stick foil?

281JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 12 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:06 pm

NormM

NormM

I got a whole chicken at Hen House Market today and made that Outback Honey Mustard Chicken today with the breast and made crispy fried chicken with the wings, legs and thighs.  I used a chunk of Mozzarella and some Kraft American cheese instead of two kinds of cheddar for the Honey Mustard chicken.  I also made some Swiss Chard and plain rice to have with the chicken.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

282JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 12 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:12 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:I got a whole chicken at Hen House Market today and made that Outback Honey Mustard Chicken today with the breast and made crispy fried chicken with the wings, legs and thighs.  I used a chunk of Mozzarella and some Kraft American cheese instead of two kinds of cheddar for the Honey Mustard chicken.  I also made some Swiss Chard and plain rice to have with the chicken.

Crispy sounds great! Wish I could be a fox. lol!

283JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 12 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:47 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Jimmy, the Reynold's liner is that bag that you use to keep the crock easy to clean. It's made out of the same plastic as the cooking bags used for turkeys....doesn't melt.

284JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 12 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:51 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Norm, you sound like a short order cook! But a whole chicken is my favorite as well. There is so much you can do with all the different parts.

285JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 12 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:00 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Jimmy, the Reynold's liner is that bag that you use to keep the crock easy to clean.  It's made out of the same plastic as the cooking bags used for turkeys....doesn't melt.

Thanks Beth! Geeze! I must be living in the stone ages. I never knew they had them.
I did see and use the roast in bags, and they are great for keeping the roasts moist.
I always burn my fingies when I open the bag to see if the food is cooked!

That reminds me. I like to make those Roy Rogers Roast beef on the Big George rotisserie.
I cut the eye round thin with the meat slicer, and Tina gets the Arnolds Seeded Kaiser rolls.
We toast them and butter them, and fill them with the thin sliced beef, and sprinkle the auju over them. Ummmm With Cole Slaw and that is it for me. I'm Good for three of those baby's.
The kids call them Trigger Burgers! We don't have any by us anymore!

You Know What?? That would be great for the 4TH of July. And I could show Roy Rogers and Dale Evans Westerns on the Big Screen. hahahahaha ( Punishment for the kids )
Tina could dress like dale Evans with two six guns by her side if anyone gets out of hand! LOL

286JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 12 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:07 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

gee that chicken sounds great. thanks for the idea.

Beth that pot roast too. thanks for the idea.

Jimmy you can get those liners in the store where they have foil & zip locks etc.

Funny you said that about Roy Rogers.. this channel I get now has all those old movies,I mean they look like the first westerns ever made lol lol
B&W .I see John Wayne too. He wears this huge huge hat. plus he looks about 18 yrs old.

Next Sunday there is going to be a all afternoon Lone Ranger series..I plan on watching lol lol..

Roy Rogers ,gosh I have not been to one in years. I don't why Kenny Rodgers went belly up man I loved that food.Sad

I see all the old guys now,when they are young. I kept looking at this one kid & then realized it was Harrison Ford.lol

287JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 12 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:47 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

When I was a kid I remember having a HUGE crush on Little Joe on Bonanza. then he had to grow up and have a family in a Little House on the Prairie.....go figure. LOL

288JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 12 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:02 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:When I was a kid I remember having a HUGE crush on Little Joe on Bonanza.  then he had to grow up and have a family in a Little House on the Prairie.....go figure.  LOL

I believe they are all deceased that were on Bonanza.
There was the father Ben / little Joe / Hoss / and the other one, I don't for the life of me remember his stage name.

289JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 12 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:07 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

Adam.

290JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 12 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:22 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:Adam.

ADAM
Right!!! hahahaha Thanks Barbara!!!!!

291JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 12 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:28 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

I have been watching The Big Valley too.Talk about some hotties ..geek

that Lee Majors is still one too.He is old as dirt & has a hearing aid company lol lol but gosh he has aged WELL>>>>

292JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 12 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:43 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Adam ...... Pernel Roberts.....ah,yes, BEAUTIFUL Adam! (Sigh.....) lol

293JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 12 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:27 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

I can just imagine how excited Brian was to get homemade cb hash. There's no greater way to show your love, to my way of thinking, than to make a special dish just because you know they really like it. Isn't that the same as when the birthday person gets to have their choice of the meal on their day? Who doesn't remember how good it felt to know the meal was prepared just because it was YOUR favorite?

He was indeed tickled pink, Beth. He ate it for breakfast the next day and then polished off two servings for his lunch the following day. He just retired (his last day was 6.14.13) and he's in heaven lately anyway but he went gaga over the hash. And yep, those crunchy edges are his favorite!

294JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 12 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:32 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

Jimmy, those sliced tomatoes look wonderful! I'm getting ready to can some tomatoes later on today so we can have the wonderful summer Creole tomatoes for a longer period.

295JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 12 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:41 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

I have been watching The Big Valley too.Talk about some hotties ..

that Lee Majors is still one too.He is old as dirt & has a hearing aid company lol lol but gosh he has aged WELL>>>>

And how pretty Audra was back then -- before all that plastic surgery!

296JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 12 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:11 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Crybaby wrote:
I can just imagine how excited Brian was to get homemade cb hash.  There's no greater way to show your love, to my way of thinking, than to make a special dish just because you know they really like it.  Isn't that the same as when the birthday person gets to have their choice of the meal on their day?  Who doesn't remember how good it felt to know the meal was prepared just because it was YOUR favorite?

He was indeed tickled pink, Beth.  He ate it for breakfast the next day and then polished off two servings for his lunch the following day.  He just retired (his last day was 6.14.13) and he's in heaven lately anyway but he went gaga over the hash.  And yep, those crunchy edges are his favorite!

Yeah! The tomatoes home canned are the best.
Tell Brian Happy Retirement. God Bless. Enjoy the long long time off.:
cheers:

297JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 12 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:15 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

I will indeed tell him, Jimmy. He's having a hard time wiping the big grin off his face. If I get up before him, I've been waking him up with a cup of coffee in bed, which he adores. I used to do that if he slept later than me and would always say, "This is what retirement will be like, honey!" So I had to come through!!

298JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 12 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:51 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

So in two weeks you need to leave a list on the kitchen table for "if" hr gets bored. Start the list with laundry and end with washing windows....that way you don't have to hear about boredom....lol

299JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 12 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:08 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

One never knows which way the coin is gonna fall.
I remember I was talking about retiring, and then Tina being younger than me, she winds up retiring first. Disabled retired, but she said,"Oh Honey, I would love to just keep working!" Here I was wishing I was the retiree, and I would leave for work, and just before, I would watch her snore and smack those cheeks, while she nestled back deep into her feather thick.
And then at 62 ( I was going out at 65) it was a surprise when I got laid off, and then got sick thereafter.
hahahahahahaha...Now we both wake up to pee, and go back to bed in the morning.

In the winter...we sit and look out the window in the kitchen, and Tina says,"EWow Look Hon, It's sleeting and 22 degrees out; aren't ya glad you're not on the rooftop of some crazy @$$ office building working on some broken ice covered heating unit?" ... I say,"Yeahhhhhhhh!" Make the Waffles and I'll heat up the syrup!"

300JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 12 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:17 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Boy, aim't this retired gig the best ever?  I thought I'd work  till the day I died.  Then I found out there were no job offers after the age of 58.  So, as soon as I could get SS I applied and went from unemployed to retired!

cheers
Tonight I made some macaroni salad and grilled some brats.  It was simple and tasty and went perfectly with my orange juice Cosmo!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum