Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

JUNE.. whats cooking.

+4
UNCLE JIMMY
NormM
Imelda HL
Barbara101
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 13 of 14]

301JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 13 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:34 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Boy, aim't this retired gig the best ever?  I thought I'd work  till the day I died.  Then I found out there were no job offers after the age of 58.  So, as soon as I could get SS I applied and went from unemployed to retired!

cheers
Tonight I made some macaroni salad and grilled some brats.  It was simple and tasty and went perfectly with my orange juice Cosmo!

It's great we are retired from the work force, but we will never be retired from the kitchen! With the help of God!

302JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 13 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:04 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

It was fend for thyself for supper.
Tina got back from South Jersey just in time tonight, and as she entered the house....the skies opened up to torential rains and lightening.

I had a Ellio's frozen sausage and pepperoni pizza two slice squares.
GD had tater tots wirth ketchup.
Tinamommy had leftover corned beef hash and toast from leftover breakfast.

I am still hungry. I will make something later tonight. Maybe some fried meatballs to knaw on!

303JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 13 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:45 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

we both are retired too... well.. my DH retired early after more than 20 years working for the state and I'm jobless.. and we both enjoy our daily life, nobody controls us anymore.. we are free to do whatever we want now bounce 

but like Jimmy said.. never retire from cooking JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 13 3602300868 

today we have a lazy yet delicious meal for supper... from leftover read and brown jasmine rice + sauteed ginger chicken in soy sauce with fresh lettuces for wrapping.. it was so delicious
JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 13 3593629538

JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 13 27

JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 13 25

304JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 13 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:29 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Imelda, that looks like a great hot-weather meal. I like just about anything on a lettuce wrap, especially my bacon, tomato and avocado on romaine that I started eating when we were doing the low carb. It's much more difficult here since the GS wouldn't eat that. So I'm not even trying to fit in meals like that. I'll just wait until I'm back at the villa to get back to healthier eating.

Tonight I'm making the chicken, mozzarella, & spinach sauces....browned on the grill and then simmered in some marinara and we will have it with some fettuccini, I think. I should throw together a small salad to go with it. I picked up a loaf of sliced Italian bread at the store this morning so maybe I'll let a few slices toast on the grill grates....

305JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 13 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:06 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 13 080

I decided not to cook. Picked up Chinese.

let's see the egg roll Evil or Very Mad 

the rice so bad I put it the girls bowl.Evil or Very Mad 

stir fry just ok. nothing special.

sucks when you spend money for it & you can make it 100 times better at home.

the only good thing is I didn't cook or cleaned up.

however I will be wanting something later.in fact I want it now.

306JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 13 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:46 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

Barbara101 wrote:JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 13 080

I hate spending money on foods I can make much better.. that's why we rarely dine out.. esp to the Chinese restaurants.. I worked at one for 3 years a long time ago and I know what and how behind their kitchen doors JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 13 1838020472 

let's look at my eggroll.. it looks much better, right? and I'm sure it also tastes much better

JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 13 DSCN6109-1

307JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 13 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:25 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Tina made me these Buitoni ravioli stuffed with shrimp.
Uh Uhhhhh! It had bread crumbs with parsely, and shrimp flavor. I found No Shrimp! Yuck!

I did eat 2 sausages and a meatball with garlic bread.
I told "T" Lady...never again.

GD had tortellini (cheese).

"T" Lady had a meatball and a piece of coconut cake with marshmallow Icing.

308JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 13 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:34 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Imelda HL wrote:
Barbara101 wrote:JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 13 080

I hate spending money on foods I can make much better.. that's why we rarely dine out.. esp to the Chinese restaurants.. I worked at one for 3 years a long time ago and I know what and how behind their kitchen doors JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 13 1838020472 

let's look at my eggroll.. it looks much better, right? and I'm sure it also tastes much better

JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 13 DSCN6109-1

They look good Imelda. I like the place Chinese Hong Kong Palace.
Clean, and fresh food, and the health inspector knows Tina, said their place is excellant.
Then there is another place over across the river in another town, but they are not Chinese.
They try to cook Chinese they say. I don't like it. They don't even have shrimp egg rolls.
They have what they call Sping Rolls. Dripping with grease and nothing inside.
The pork fried rice (my favorite ) is tasteless and no sprouts inside. It is too white in color, and not rich brown color like Hong Kong Palace.
I think the name is Szechuan Garden. Way different cooking than Chinese!

309JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 13 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:46 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Imelda, for sure there are orders for dozens of YOUR egg rolls. I cannot think of a more enjoyable weekend than to stand around someone's gigantic kitchen island while YOU teach us how to mix and roll egg rolls....all except Norm who says he got his fill of making egg rolls when he owned the Korean restaurant years ago. But he will have the rest of us to roll for him....I'm sure he would still eat them with us! LOL

310JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 13 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:59 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Imelda, for sure there are orders for dozens of YOUR egg rolls.  I cannot think of a more enjoyable weekend than to stand around someone's gigantic kitchen island while YOU teach us how to mix and roll egg rolls....all except Norm who says he got his fill of making egg rolls when he owned the Korean restaurant years ago.  But he will have the rest of us to roll for him....I'm sure he would still eat them with us!  LOL

This threads post by Imelda, and You Beth describing all that deliciousness, is making me hungry.

I already took out the menu from Hong Kong Palace by us, and I'm checking what I want tomorrow from take out. Egg rolls for starters .... then pork fried rice...and then something hot and spicy like shrimp and scallops. UMmmmmmmmm!!!

311JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 13 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:04 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Ohhhhh, jimmy, order those spicy green beans for me, an order of moo shu pork with pancakes and some Orange chicken or ....wait, no, the sesame chicken. Wait, wait, wait....a couple egg rolls and some crab Rangoon, maybe a few of those tempura shrimps as well.

312JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 13 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:04 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

And as I add this....in shame!
Just whipped up a can of Tuna and mackerl some diced onion and mayo with black pepper.

Yay! Midnight snack Tunamack sandwiches on toast for the Starvecouple Aunt Tina, and Uncle Jimmy!

313JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 13 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:08 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Ohhhhh, jimmy, order those spicy green beans for me, an order of moo shu pork with pancakes and some Orange chicken or ....wait, no, the sesame chicken.  Wait, wait, wait....a couple egg rolls and some crab Rangoon, maybe a few of those tempura shrimps as well.  

Uhhh! What the heck are you still up for???
Stomach Pains from Starvation I see!!!

hahahahahahahahahaha ..... I need a nice hot cocoa to settle my tummy, and to get me tired enough to sleep. I better throw rubber pullovers over my diaper. Just In Case!

314JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 13 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:32 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

6:30 am & ya'll have me laughing. JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 13 2876911673 

and wanting Chinese food.

315JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 13 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:42 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Oh, wait....Jimmy, we need to ask Barb to make beef with broccoli, too !!!

Between what we KNOW we can order in and what we KNOW our friends can make, we'll be having a Chinese Food Feast. Oh, what about Norm's Korean short ribs? gosh, but it's been forever since I've had those.

HOW ABOUT IT, Norm, you willing to make a nice batch to share?

I'll get busy on a big batch of gyoza dumplings....just remembered I hadn't contributed.....

Oh, WOW, this is going to be such a fabulous virtual meal!

316JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 13 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:31 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

I have a big skillet of cooked vegetables on the stove awaiting the awakening of all the household members. Right now, besides me, Jake is the only one with open eyes. And he's not ready to eat yet. We'll all get a ham & vegetable omelette with a choice of cheese. I figure if I go to the effort of making a big breakfast then everyone will feel guilty enough to get going on all the projects I want accomplished today.

I'm not going to hold my breath to wait for that to happen! LOL

317JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 13 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:39 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

I had a fleeting moment when I said ,I think I will go to the Saturday farmers market.

then I came to the real world. No way am I stepping one foot out the door.

I cooked some boneless chicken breasts this morning, so I will make chicken salad later. pecans & apples & sweet onion.

Then maybe  I might make some sort of stir fry.I bought BOGO salt free dry roasted peanuts.HUGE mistake. Shocked they are so gross.
so I will throw some in with the stir fry to get rid of them.

I found a half box of panko, so maybe some chicken fingers ?? I really need to upgrade my POS toaster oven.

318JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 13 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:25 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:6:30 am & ya'll have me laughing.  JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 13 2876911673 

and wanting Chinese food.

06.29.2013 10:20:27 I didn't drop the Chinese food wishes on Tina yet.
She's been on the phone all morning with her friend, and now her cousin.
The only thing that will get her to stop jibber jabbering, is if I started counting money. That she likes. It's like getting the monkey to do tricks by showing it a banana. LOL

319JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 13 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:39 am

NormM

NormM

I already have some ribs in the freezer.  I asked the Butcher at Hen House Market the other day if he had any short ribs. He said he'd look in the back. He came out with a three pound slab and said it was the last one. I asked him if he could cut them in strips across the bones and he said You mean like for Korean BBQ?  I said exactly. He said sure.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

320JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 13 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:59 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

bethk wrote:Oh, wait....Jimmy, we need to ask Barb to make beef with broccoli, too !!!

Between what we KNOW we can order in and what we KNOW our friends can make, we'll be having a Chinese Food Feast.  Oh, what about Norm's Korean short ribs?  gosh, but it's been forever since I've had those.

I'll get busy on a big batch of gyoza dumplings....just remembered I hadn't contributed.....

that sounds like a big Chinese food feast JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 13 940422454  and Norm has his Korean ribs.. anybody wants some chow mien ( fried noodles)? I can bring some lol!

321JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 13 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:12 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Imelda HL wrote:
bethk wrote:Oh, wait....Jimmy, we need to ask Barb to make beef with broccoli, too !!!

Between what we KNOW we can order in and what we KNOW our friends can make, we'll be having a Chinese Food Feast.  Oh, what about Norm's Korean short ribs?  gosh, but it's been forever since I've had those.

that sounds like a big Chinese food feast JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 13 940422454  and Norm has his Korean ribs.. anybody wants some chow mien ( fried noodles)? I can bring some lol!

I will bring the White Jackets with the long wrap around arms, and Tina will Drive the Bus! ................ "To the Funny Farm" .....LOL ...What are we, Nuts?
Probably I am, because Tina is packing my suitcase already with two salami's and two ripe old Provalone Cheeses!
I know you girls will figure something out to make it into Chinese!

322JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 13 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:46 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

OK, so now I think it's time to start a new thread....look for "our Virtual Meal" in the talk about food thread......

323JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 13 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:24 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

real meal for our dinner today... as you all know, it's extremely hot in here.. I don't feel like to turn on my stove ( lazy mode on JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 13 1838020472  ), so I heated some leftover red rice and some baked chicken in my microwave, then added some fresh salad mix... for the dressing, I mixed soy sauce with rice vinegar, 2 finely chopped Thai chilies, some fried garlic and 1 tsp of sesame oil.. and oh I still had a couple of boiled eggs..perfect for my rice salad..

JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 13 DSCN6810

324JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 13 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:35 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 13 1003820_616883051669305_666723275_n

spicy grilled shrimp, only indoors .not out doors on the weber.

325JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 13 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:06 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Imelda - great looking salad ! When it's really hot outside I not only don't want to cook but also don't have much of an appetite. A salad is usually just the right cool meal to satisfy .

The spicy shrimp looks luscious, Barb. I've been thinking I need to come up with a nice shrimp meal since I've got a Costo bag in the freezer. I don't think I can do the spicy shrimp for the GS, especially since pan fried shrimps is one of his favorite meals.

But you, Barb, were my inspiration for supper. I told Robin and Jake we could have grilled chicken thighs, baked potatoes on the grill and beans OR Chinese food. The vote was 2 out of 2 for Chinese takeout. You know how sometimes you get an idea in your head and you just have to go with it...well, once you talked about Chinese carry out I was a goner. I knew all I had to do was mention it to Jake and he'd want it too.

We ended up with crab Rangoon, egg rolls (included with meals), General Tso's Chicken, Kung Po Chicken and Moo Shu Pork. We have enough leftovers to have another full meal.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum