Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

November............ what's for dinner?

+4
Barbara101
bethk
NormM
Niagara Visitor
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 19  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 19]

176November............ what's for dinner? - Page 8 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:32 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Gosh Norm... great dinner..

177November............ what's for dinner? - Page 8 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:18 pm

NormM

NormM

Thanks

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

178November............ what's for dinner? - Page 8 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:49 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

November............ what's for dinner? - Page 8 1966894_10204132872696232_695239045100419156_n_1

Minestrone..for dinner and then a day or 2..

179November............ what's for dinner? - Page 8 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:05 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

November............ what's for dinner? - Page 8 Images101

180November............ what's for dinner? - Page 8 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:30 pm

Niagara Visitor

Sometimes it looks like my sister and I have totally given up cooking. Went out for "coffee" today to a local restaurant. Then their spinach/cheese dip sounded so great, we had that with veggies instead of bread................... then the stuffed potato skins were calling out "Try us, try us". So of course we did. The fish I planned to make tonight will keep for tomorrow. LOL

181November............ what's for dinner? - Page 8 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:36 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

I have tried giving up cooking..It did not work lol..I do not like frozen foods. I do not like eating out,the food is below par and to costly..So back to shopping,cooking and cleaning up.'sigh'

182November............ what's for dinner? - Page 8 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:51 pm

cookingirl

cookingirl

Niagara Visitor wrote:Sometimes it looks like my sister and I have totally given up cooking. Went out for "coffee" today to a local restaurant. Then their spinach/cheese dip sounded so great, we had that with veggies instead of bread................... then the stuffed potato skins were calling out "Try us, try us".  So of course we did.  The fish I planned to make tonight will keep for tomorrow. LOL

Hi
That sounds so great!  I am glad your sister is close to you. In heart, mind, spirit,  and location!

Wish we had a "like" option here. I would be constantly using it.

Last edited by cookingirl on Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typos)

183November............ what's for dinner? - Page 8 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:20 am

Niagara Visitor

Thanks. My sis and I are making up for sister time that we didn't have for many years. She went away to nursing school at 19, I got married at 18, then we had children that took basically all of our time, visits were few, and then generally only for a couple of days at a time. With 7 children between us, that didn't leave much "sister" time. Then she moved back to our area to look after our mother, and now we have time............... better late than never, right?

184November............ what's for dinner? - Page 8 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:08 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Sick Sick and Sick..... I was sick all night yesterday, felt just blah!

This afternoon around 530, I shook it off, and felt better.
Had a liverwurst on rye with a little mayo. I usually use thin sliced onion, but I didn't want to push the stomach too far.
LOL

Now Tina is sick. She had a couple spoons of soup, and three bites of a sandwich. Now she suffers with gastric pain, and she has an UTI. I told her to get to the Dr. Cranberry juice does not make it go away. She needs antibiotics. Cipro is good.

Always something.

185November............ what's for dinner? - Page 8 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:24 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

That is to bad..Maybe she should be drinking more water..

186November............ what's for dinner? - Page 8 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:30 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Did you catch a bug that you decided to share with Tina?

187November............ what's for dinner? - Page 8 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:30 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Burp* .... yep!...

She's a Germ Spreader.

188November............ what's for dinner? - Page 8 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:44 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

If I cook tonight it will be chicken meatball sandwiches. I have a frozen tub in the freezer.

I got an email from Sur La Table this morning. It said for 3 days only the KA spiralizer/peeler was 35% off. I put one in my cart but the price came up as only 20% off. I start a chat with a rep and she says that the ad she has says Up To 35% off. I say Nay, Nay. My ad says differently. She tells me to call customer service. Instead, I printed off the email and went into the store. After a bit of futzing around, checking their emails and calling other stores, they sold it to me for 35% off. Jeeze!

189November............ what's for dinner? - Page 8 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:20 pm

Niagara Visitor

Bugster2 wrote:If I cook tonight it will be chicken meatball sandwiches. I have a frozen tub in the freezer.

I got an email from Sur La Table this morning. It said for 3 days only the KA spiralizer/peeler was 35% off. I put one in my cart but the price came up as only 20% off. I start a chat with a rep and she says that the ad she has says Up To 35% off. I say Nay, Nay. My ad says differently. She tells me to call customer service. Instead, I printed off the email and went into the store. After a bit of futzing around, checking their emails and calling other stores, they sold it to me for 35% off. Jeeze!

I was in Ottawa a few weeks ago. Price for the hotel was quoted $367./ night. I said "Gulp" but couldn't find anything else.............. when I got to my room, on the back of the door was a sign "Daily rate for this room is $225. for one person $25. more for a second person. I called the front desk........... "Sorry, the rate quoted is correct, we don't post rates in the rooms" I was given the same story by the concierge, then the supervisor, then the supervisor's supervisor. I was ready to call the local newspaper or the Chamber of commerce.

Next morning I went down and asked for the manager. Concierge asked me "Is there something that I can do for you???" I explained the problem, and she said "Oh, I apologize for the error and credit your card right away!" Jeez, what did she know that the others didn't know?

190November............ what's for dinner? - Page 8 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:24 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Niagara Visitor wrote:
Bugster2 wrote:If I cook tonight it will be chicken meatball sandwiches. I have a frozen tub in the freezer.

I was in Ottawa a few weeks ago.  Price for the hotel was quoted $367./ night.  I said "Gulp" but couldn't find anything else.............. when I got to my room, on the back of the door was a sign "Daily rate for this room is $225. for one person $25. more for a second person.  I called the front desk........... "Sorry, the rate quoted is correct, we don't post rates in the rooms"  I was given the same story by the concierge, then the supervisor, then the supervisor's supervisor.  I was ready to call the local newspaper or the Chamber of commerce.

Next morning I went down and asked for the manager.  Concierge asked me "Is there something that I can do for you???" I explained the problem, and she said "Oh, I apologize for the error and credit your card right away!"  Jeez, what did she know that the others didn't know?  

She remembered the old saying "the customer is always right".

191November............ what's for dinner? - Page 8 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:29 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Tina was wishing for Pasta e Fagioli..... So she made it. I had a little as a late lunch early supper. We are having fish sticks later.
Tina made a Lemon Meringue Pie for later.

192November............ what's for dinner? - Page 8 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:31 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Shocked Mad Mad Mad

193November............ what's for dinner? - Page 8 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:53 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

November............ what's for dinner? - Page 8 11034891_10206095193753032_2345368654018316622_n

Fixin chicken Cacciatori

194November............ what's for dinner? - Page 8 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:33 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Pray for those poor souls in France. They are going to need it.

195November............ what's for dinner? - Page 8 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:16 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

November............ what's for dinner? - Page 8 12219495_10206095437079115_6671981889043839780_n

Dinner... No pasta in sight..No bread in sight..

196November............ what's for dinner? - Page 8 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:27 pm

cookingirl

cookingirl

[quote="Bugster2"]Pray for those poor souls in France. They are going to need it.[/quote

Amen......

197November............ what's for dinner? - Page 8 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:53 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

My niece was going to school there this last year. She came home in June. Thank the Lord. Now, if we could get another one home from Ghana....

198November............ what's for dinner? - Page 8 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:57 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:Pray for those poor souls in France. They are going to need it.

Yes they will! .... It is very scary!....

199November............ what's for dinner? - Page 8 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:59 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:Shocked Mad Mad Mad

November............ what's for dinner? - Page 8 2876911673 November............ what's for dinner? - Page 8 2876911673 November............ what's for dinner? - Page 8 266346835 November............ what's for dinner? - Page 8 863604796 November............ what's for dinner? - Page 8 2825942945

200November............ what's for dinner? - Page 8 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:25 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Where in heaven's name do you find those things?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 19]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum