Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

November............ what's for dinner?

+4
Barbara101
bethk
NormM
Niagara Visitor
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 19  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 19]

151November............ what's for dinner? - Page 7 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:19 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:I chopped up the burger and added the cooked onions and some tomato and cheese.Wrapped it up and then a bit of sauce and steamed them..

No rice for me ..or Bread..

Cheese????.... now that sounds tasty! Did you precook the cabbage leaves?

152November............ what's for dinner? - Page 7 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:21 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

We had tandoori chicken with basmati rice and a salad.

153November............ what's for dinner? - Page 7 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:21 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

Yes I steamed the whole head of cabbage.

154November............ what's for dinner? - Page 7 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:29 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:Yes I steamed the whole head of cabbage.

OKay! good to do that! .... Gabbage can be very versatile   .
I like it steamed / fried / boiled . There was a cake my aunt used to make using cabbage.

155November............ what's for dinner? - Page 7 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:05 am

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

I was gone for more than a month, I went to visit my Mom to celebrate her birthday last month.. so much posts to catch up Neutral

today I fixed a quick supper meal, I sauteed some shallots, garlic, ginger jalapeno pepper then added my fish fillet, covered and cooked for a few minutes, I flipped the fish, cover and cooked for another 2 minutes, meanwhile I boiled some pasta and tada,, supper was ready, and tasted good

November............ what's for dinner? - Page 7 4_zpsudsbnwig

November............ what's for dinner? - Page 7 3_zpshyhvzh6p

156November............ what's for dinner? - Page 7 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:32 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Good to have you back Imelda!
Glad you had a good time.

Don't let it happen again!!... hahahahahahaha

157November............ what's for dinner? - Page 7 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:43 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

Thrilled to see you Imelda.. flower

158November............ what's for dinner? - Page 7 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:30 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

0]]thank you Jimmy and Barbara.. it's good to be back home and sleep on my own bed.. the bad part was, our water heater was broken and had no hot water for a few days.. bbrrrrr.. today we had somebody to replace it and it cost us $1,200  Shocked  I told Dirk that we had to tighten our tummies to save some money so we can pay off the bill asap  Crying or Very sad  November............ what's for dinner? - Page 7 1450907917

no I have some beef shank in my oven, I browned both side of them, added some potatoes and carrots, pour some Worcestershire sauce and some wine, covered and cooked for couple hours.. now I'm hungry just to smell the aroma
[/b]

159November............ what's for dinner? - Page 7 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:17 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

$1200 for a water heater?

160November............ what's for dinner? - Page 7 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:36 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

If you really like things that scorch your tongue and the rest of your gut, check out this recipe I got from the Tasting Table.

http://www.tastingtable.com/cook/recipes/nashville-hot-chicken-recipe-fried-chicken-recipe-carla-hall-carla-halls-southern-kitchen

161November............ what's for dinner? - Page 7 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:39 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

Bugster2 wrote:$1200 for a water heater?

the water heater is about $600.. the rest are for the delivery fee, the dump ( old one) fee, installation fee, permit and don't know what else Rolling Eyes

162November............ what's for dinner? - Page 7 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:54 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Imelda HL wrote:
Bugster2 wrote:$1200 for a water heater?

the water heater is about $600.. the rest are for the delivery fee, the dump ( old one) fee, installation fee, permit and don't know what else Rolling Eyes

That is a great price to have it installed by a plumber. 4 years ago, Tina's uncle had his installed total price....licensed plumber / heater & supplies / permit / etc. ...$1,879.00. West Orange, NJ in a blue collar neighborhood.

163November............ what's for dinner? - Page 7 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:08 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

The last time we had a water heater installed was about 10 years ago. My DH put it in. I think it cost about $300. Things sure have gone up.

164November............ what's for dinner? - Page 7 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:03 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

November............ what's for dinner? - Page 7 Sausage%20apple2

Sausage and apples and threw in some onions.

165November............ what's for dinner? - Page 7 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:41 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:The last time we had a water heater installed was about 10 years ago. My DH put it in. I think it cost about $300. Things sure have gone up.

In 1960, Dads plumbing business price for a 40 gallon gas water heater installed + tax included, was $127.00. The heater cost $37.00. Material was like $12.00. I remember because I always wrote out the sales slips with the carbon paper to get three copies. A 50 gallon was 10 dollars more.

166November............ what's for dinner? - Page 7 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:46 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:November............ what's for dinner? - Page 7 Sausage%20apple2

Sausage and apples and threw in some onions.

OOooooo!!... sounds / L00KS great!

Barb, have you ever used those canned cinnamon apple rings with pork or pork sausages?
They also have the small crab apples in the cinnamon too!
Tina puts them on the crown pork roast when she stuffs one with stuffing! OMG...So Good!.

167November............ what's for dinner? - Page 7 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:53 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

No I haven't. I will check it out and see what the sugar amount is . I use fresh apple.

168November............ what's for dinner? - Page 7 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:26 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:No I haven't. I will check it out and see what the sugar amount is . I use fresh apple.

BTW... the DR. Office called today, and said all my blood test was normal.
cholesterol #s went down she said, except one which went up; but she said that was ok because it was the Good cholesterol.???????  The AC 1 went down from 7.1 to 6.5.

The sad part, was I only lost 2 lbs. November............ what's for dinner? - Page 7 2787578702

169November............ what's for dinner? - Page 7 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:49 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Good news!!! I don't go back for a month. I know I am good. My high today was 116 .

170November............ what's for dinner? - Page 7 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:29 pm

Niagara Visitor

Salad of romaine lettuce, green peppers, cukes, parsley, tomato (had no onions, darn it) and some marinated creatures from the sea. Baby octopus, squid, shrimp and mussels. Yummy but I used too much salt.

171November............ what's for dinner? - Page 7 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:29 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

172November............ what's for dinner? - Page 7 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:30 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

I am making a seafood pot pie tonight. A new recipe. I'll see how it goes.

173November............ what's for dinner? - Page 7 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:34 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

We are going to have "Susans Meatballs" tonight. Tina makes them. Ground beef, onions , bread cubes egg s & p. Oval flat shape / floused and bround in fry pan....then coveredwith 2 cans cream of mushroom soup and water to thin out a little. baked 350º till done golden brown.About 40 minutes + - ,.Mashed potatoes and beans.

I am whooped from blowing leaves in the back yard. They were so heavy deep and wet. Grrrr!

I thought I would have an appetite from doing some manual labor, but not yet.

174November............ what's for dinner? - Page 7 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:40 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

November............ what's for dinner? - Page 7 29lctaw

Love love spag. squash..

175November............ what's for dinner? - Page 7 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:28 pm

NormM

NormM

Looks good. Cassie has three big acorn squash she plans to bake on Friday.  Today we had one of Charlie's favorites: Honey Lacquered Game Hens.  For a change I had it with cornbread stuffing instead of rice. Also had mixed vegetables.

November............ what's for dinner? - Page 7 DSCN3131_zpsqn8ylm1y

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 19]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum