Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

November............ what's for dinner?

+4
Barbara101
bethk
NormM
Niagara Visitor
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19  Next

Go down  Message [Page 13 of 19]

301November............ what's for dinner? - Page 13 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:48 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Bean Soup is always best after it's cooled down and then reheated.....but that didn't stop Mr. Amazing from 'taste testing' TWO bowls earlier this afternoon and having two bowls for supper....

November............ what's for dinner? - Page 13 11.19.15
November............ what's for dinner? - Page 13 3593629538

Surely gets a good mark from me Beth.
The cut small carrots is a plus. I always cut the carrots like that.

You are right. The second day or reheat is the best tasting.

302November............ what's for dinner? - Page 13 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:03 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

November............ what's for dinner? - Page 13 12096130_10207507665830590_2354342782777490893_n

alice springs chicken November............ what's for dinner? - Page 13 2599281016

303November............ what's for dinner? - Page 13 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:12 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

what kind of cheese did you use?

I'm thinking I could make the same thing but just leave out the cheese or sub for something I like.....

It looks really good!

304November............ what's for dinner? - Page 13 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:23 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, 1/2 " thick
honey mustard
6 slices bacon, sliced in half
1⁄2 teasp Salt
1 cup sliced mushrooms,
3 cups shredded colby

DIRECTIONS

Rub chicken breast with Seasoned salt and set aside to marinate for 1 hour.
While the breast is marinating fry bacon crisp and drain.
Sauté chicken breasts on medium heat in pan with just enough oil to prevent sticking.
Cook on both sides until a slight golden color and cooked in the middle but not dry.
Spread chicken breast with honey mustard, cover with a layer of mushrooms, three pieces of bacon and then sprinkle with shredded Colby cheese, chicken should be covered with shredded cheese.
Bake at 350 degrees about 15 minutes or until cheese melts

305November............ what's for dinner? - Page 13 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:10 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

My friend in Phoenix had an 18 foot walk-in pantry. I would kill for something that size. She moved, lost the pantry but got a second kitchen in the in-law quarters.

306November............ what's for dinner? - Page 13 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:11 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Tonight is Indian. We are having tandoori chicken, basmati rice with garam masala, apricots and cashews and a zoodle salad.

307November............ what's for dinner? - Page 13 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:55 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

Bugster2 wrote:Tonight is Indian. We are having tandoori chicken, basmati rice with garam masala, apricots and cashews and a zoodle salad.

This sounds great..

308November............ what's for dinner? - Page 13 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:30 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

I am going to stuff some peppers with the leftover Alice Springs.. November............ what's for dinner? - Page 13 3267860543

309November............ what's for dinner? - Page 13 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:03 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Seafood pot pies tonight.

310November............ what's for dinner? - Page 13 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:06 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Bugster2 wrote:Seafood pot pies tonight.

yum... Wink

311November............ what's for dinner? - Page 13 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:20 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

I tried out the recipe last week but decided it could use some improvement. I always try out a recipe as written and see how it tastes and then tweek it. It drives me nuts when I read reviews on a recipe and no one has made the original recipe. It would be nice if they said "I made the dish as is but I think it needs or it needed". So, this time around instead of using chicken broth, I made a seafood stock with the shrimp shells. I even tweeked this recipe after I first made it with the addition of some red pepper flakes and a pinch of saffron. It should be much better.

312November............ what's for dinner? - Page 13 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:15 pm

cookingirl

cookingirl

Pulled out a container of tomato sauce with sausages; that I made last month.
Still so good! I have enough for leftovers.
All I had to do was put a bit of it in the microwave; nuke it hot and add it to pasta...
Yum....
We will see what I will have for tomorrow....

313November............ what's for dinner? - Page 13 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:55 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

November............ what's for dinner? - Page 13 DSCN2734

314November............ what's for dinner? - Page 13 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:59 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:November............ what's for dinner? - Page 13 DSCN2734

Looks great.... November............ what's for dinner? - Page 13 3593629538
What kind of cheese did you use?....

315November............ what's for dinner? - Page 13 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:02 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

cookingirl wrote:Pulled out a container of tomato sauce with sausages; that I made last month.
Still so good! I have enough for leftovers.
All I had to do was put a bit of it in the microwave; nuke it hot and add it to pasta...
Yum....
We will see what I will have for tomorrow....

We had sausages last night Tina cooked in tomato sauce.

There was hot Italian, Mild Italian, and Veal sausage with fennel seeds. Carrots and potato wedges.

316November............ what's for dinner? - Page 13 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:03 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Colby . That is what I had.

317November............ what's for dinner? - Page 13 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:16 pm

NormM

NormM

Cassie made barbacoa for a late lunch and I had some crackers and sardines later on.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

318November............ what's for dinner? - Page 13 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:52 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:Colby . That is what I had.

Thanks Barb.....

319November............ what's for dinner? - Page 13 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:58 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:Cassie made barbacoa for a late lunch and I had some crackers and sardines later on.

Sounds good Norm.

I love sardines / mackerel Ummm! As a matter of fact, I love tuna salad using a can of tuna, and then I add a can of sardines. Sometimes Mackerel. It really bumps up the taste.

320November............ what's for dinner? - Page 13 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:05 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Tonight we had baked cheese encrusted talapia fish frozen and baked in the toaster oven....green beans...and apricot danish. Mine was 1/2 of one.

321November............ what's for dinner? - Page 13 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:19 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

I did pan fried chicken cutlets, leftover butternut squash & lima beans......

November............ what's for dinner? - Page 13 11.20.15

322November............ what's for dinner? - Page 13 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:49 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

bethk wrote:Imelda!  Welcome back....you were missed.  I can see Dirk is smilin' and VERY happy you've returned from your travels!  LOL

Your bread looks wonderful.  You always inspire me to break out the yeast (unfortunately for me, Dane isn't eating much bread these days so I guess I'll hold off for a bit.....).

But welcome home.  Glad to see your pics on our pages again!

thank you Beth, it's good to be back, I read your interesting trip too, I'm glad you had fun with your friends

I'm thawing Mahi mahi fillet, not sure what to cook with it, taco salad is on my mind, but we'll see

323November............ what's for dinner? - Page 13 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:52 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

bethk wrote:I did pan fried chicken cutlets, leftover butternut squash & lima beans......

oh that looks good...I did not see this till just now..

324November............ what's for dinner? - Page 13 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:56 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

bethk wrote:I did pan fried chicken cutlets, leftover butternut squash & lima beans......

what did you do with the chicken ( for the crust )?

325November............ what's for dinner? - Page 13 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:36 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Thanks, Barb....you didn't see it because right after supper I fell asleep in the chair and woke up at 3:00 a.m. and posted it then.....LOL ~ Bein' old allows for that, doesn't it???

Imelda, the chicken was one breast half sliced across and pounded out a bit. Then I seasoned it with the Hungarian Szeged Steak Rub that Barb turned me on to. Then I dusted in a bit of flour (shook off the excess) and did a quick saute in butter. It's something that cooks in minutes and the Steak Rub seasoning has a nice conbination of flavor we like (salt, onion, celery seed & 'secret' spices - which I know includes pepper and some other seeds, just not sure what it all is). They make a Chicken Seasoning, but I don't care for that one at all.....so, I use the Steak Rub for everything I want seasoning on: Steak, Pork, Chicken, Burgers, Eggs.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 19]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum