Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

November............ what's for dinner?

+4
Barbara101
bethk
NormM
Niagara Visitor
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 19  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 19]

101November............ what's for dinner? - Page 5 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:35 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

Seeds are verboten with diverticulosis along with nuts.

102November............ what's for dinner? - Page 5 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:37 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

Bugster2 wrote:Seeds are verboten with diverticulosis along with nuts.

and popcorn..grapes,unless seedless.

103November............ what's for dinner? - Page 5 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:25 pm

Niagara Visitor

cookingirl wrote:Yesterday went out with a friend for a late lunch/early supper at a great Italian Seafood Restaurant. They have regular Italian food along with fish specialities. They are expensive, but we splurged--or so I thought.

It was an early b-day celebration for me and a late one for my friend. I was shocked when Marie picked up the entire bill.

On to food: I had veal marsala with homemade rigatoni. So good. I have not had veal in about a hundred years; marsala in about 50 years--(ha ha).
It was melt in your mouth perfect. The marsala was the best I have ever had. The pasta, oh--the pasta---so soft, but al dente...yum!

My friend had 2 huge crab cakes which were a special appetizer. That along with the pesto aioli sauce along with fresh italian bread, dipped in the EVOO mixture made up her meal.

We both had 2 drinks.

.................... So, you were surprised that It was VERY expensive, or not expensive?
Had such a good time, chatting with the waitstaff also. Only a bartender and a waiter...they were so nice.

At the end, they brought out a cake with 2 candles--one for Marie and one for me....

I have leftovers for tonight!!

104November............ what's for dinner? - Page 5 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:30 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Guess I will have leftover tenderloin.Maybe a stuffed baked apple..

105November............ what's for dinner? - Page 5 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:39 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:Seeds are verboten with diverticulosis along with nuts.

Holy CRAP.... Thats all I eat for snacks lately. Health packs of nuts and seeds.
And Popcorn. Tina pops it, and I'm right there sneaking it.

106November............ what's for dinner? - Page 5 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:00 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Gee, and now you feel like crap......now you know why.

Google 'diverticulosis' and see all the things you should not eat and then think back to what you have been eating. That will solve the 'mystery' illness, I'll bet.

107November............ what's for dinner? - Page 5 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:23 pm

cookingirl

cookingirl

Thanks for the early B-day wishes, Beth. It is not until Monday.

Jimmy, yup, those seeds and extra fiber are not allowed if you have diverticulosis..They can get caught in the little pouches which form in your colon from that disease. Then it turns into diverticulitis..An infection...very bad...please, no seeds, nuts, popcorn....

It could also be the new diabetes med also. My cousin had a tuff time with that stuff. It controlled her diabetes, but the bowel side effects were terrible. She could actually time the reaction.

108November............ what's for dinner? - Page 5 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:37 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:Guess I will have leftover tenderloin.Maybe a stuffed baked apple..

Pork and apples go together.

109November............ what's for dinner? - Page 5 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:44 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

cookingirl wrote:Thanks for the early B-day wishes, Beth. It is not until Monday.

Jimmy, yup, those seeds and extra fiber are not allowed if you have diverticulosis..They can get caught in the little pouches which form in your colon from that disease. Then it turns into diverticulitis..An infection...very bad...please, no seeds, nuts, popcorn....

It could also be the new diabetes med also. My cousin had a tuff time with that stuff. It controlled her diabetes, but the bowel side effects were terrible. She could actually time the reaction.

Early Happy Birthday Girl! flower November............ what's for dinner? - Page 5 863604796

That's it then. No seeds any more for me.

110November............ what's for dinner? - Page 5 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:56 pm

Niagara Visitor

My niece has diverticulosis, and she can't eat any seeds, grains. Basically meat, vegetables and fruit. I think also legumes are bad.

111November............ what's for dinner? - Page 5 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:22 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Jimmy, when you get on the correct food,you will feel much better.

No fast food junk..get it in your head you should not eat anything made with white flour.Your health depends on eating right.

112November............ what's for dinner? - Page 5 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:04 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

One of those seeds or a chunk of nut will get into one of those pockets and cause inflammation and sometimes infection. I don't know what the treatment is but if you eat whole grain breads, make sure the grains and things are totally ground up. Even a strawberry seed can cause you hell. I wonder if corn kernels can cause trouble?

113November............ what's for dinner? - Page 5 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:19 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

yes, and the hulls on the popcorn, and the fiber from canned corn......the list is long and restrictive.

Even the seeds in bananas are a cause of problems. Just because the seed is tiny is no indication that it will not cause major pain & suffering.

114November............ what's for dinner? - Page 5 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:51 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:yes, and the hulls on the popcorn, and the fiber from canned corn......the list is long and restrictive.

Even the seeds in bananas are a cause of problems. Just because the seed is tiny is no indication that it will not cause major pain & suffering.

That's correct! I only eat seedless jams. Popcorn kernels are a risk. But I eat them.
Poppy seeds are a killer in my intestines. I had a couple slices of everything bread that DIL brought from walmart. OMG, it was loaded with poppy seeds. I was eating it, and didn't notice them darn seeds.

115November............ what's for dinner? - Page 5 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:00 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:One of those seeds or a chunk of nut will get into one of those pockets and cause inflammation and sometimes infection. I don't know what the treatment is but if you eat whole grain breads, make sure the grains and things are totally ground up. Even a strawberry seed can cause you hell. I wonder if corn kernels can cause trouble?

The bread T bought, has all kinds of seeds sticking out of the slices.
When eating it, I feel like I am a Bird eating bird seeds.

116November............ what's for dinner? - Page 5 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:03 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:yes, and the hulls on the popcorn, and the fiber from canned corn......the list is long and restrictive.

Haaaaaaa.... so that's why the monkeys pick seeds out of each others butts. The banana seeds. LOL   LOL

Last edited by UNCLE JIMMY on Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

117November............ what's for dinner? - Page 5 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:03 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

The bread T bought, has all kinds of seeds sticking out of the slices.

She needs to be buying foods you can eat..

118November............ what's for dinner? - Page 5 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:07 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:The bread T bought, has all kinds of seeds sticking out of the slices.

She needs to be buying foods you can eat..

She will now! We both never figured those 12 grain breads had seeds that could stick inside the intestines. So we need to eat / buy the seeds and grains all ground up! Hmmm!

Have to look for that kind!

119November............ what's for dinner? - Page 5 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:32 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I wanted to use up as much of the produce as I could for supper tonight before I'm gone for a week. I know Mr. Amazing won't cook any fresh vegetables.....might have welll thrown my cash out the window of the car now that I know there's a bunch of broccoli and a head of cauliflower in the refrigerator. Oh well, maybe he'll toss it before I return next Sunday so I don't remember it.....

Tonight I made Chicken and Zucchini Kebobs with some steamed spinach. I had a HUGE box of spinach and it made enough for two good servings. Of course, I took the time to clean it and take off the woody stems. It would probably cook up more if I didn't throw the stems away.

November............ what's for dinner? - Page 5 11.07.15

120November............ what's for dinner? - Page 5 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:05 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

November............ what's for dinner? - Page 5 Cantal5

121November............ what's for dinner? - Page 5 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:06 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

November............ what's for dinner? - Page 5 Cantal7

122November............ what's for dinner? - Page 5 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:16 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

did you mix the cut-away apple flesh in with the rest of the stuffing?

That looks mighty tasty.

I tried to make baked apples one time and removed the skin ~ BIG mistake. The skin is what holds the shape (some what). I ended up with a pile of apple mush......LOL

123November............ what's for dinner? - Page 5 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:27 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

yes with hazelnuts and leftover bacon. butter and bake for 20/30 minutes.

124November............ what's for dinner? - Page 5 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:31 pm

Niagara Visitor

I took some huge scallops out of the freezer to make great stir fry with them, and then went to my son's house. He and other son were just going out for pizza and wings, so that's what we had for a late lunch early supper, or as I say "lupper".

That was more fun than eating alone, and the scallops can wait until tomorrow!

125November............ what's for dinner? - Page 5 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:38 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

November............ what's for dinner? - Page 5 11057804_871532026238714_2137741258945850276_n

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 19]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum