Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

September, 2014..What's Cooking For Dinner??

+5
Barbara101
cookingirl
Imelda HL
bethk
UNCLE JIMMY
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 15]

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Steaks ( NY Strip ) on the grill. Mushrooms fried, and Steak-Um sandwiches for Tina and her Uncle. They don't like steak.
Tomato salad to dunk the bread in the juices of olive oil and water and garlic. A sprinkle of oregano too!

bethk

bethk
Admin

Gosh, Jimmy - sounds like EVERYONE will be happy.  Isn't it a whole lot easier just cooking whatever everyone wants (at this age) instead of making one meal and having one or two of the three of you unhappy about the meal?

I'm making the Johnsonville Firecracker Brats on the grill.  Got broccoli WITH CHEESE SAUCE....for Dane.  And I have a pan of cauliflower in the oven to roast to go with it.  I'll just have the cauliflower since the broccoli will be covered in the sauce...OR, maybe I'll pull a couple pieces 'just because'....

Oh, and I have a plate of nice sliced tomatoes our neighbors brought back from Georgia.  They're red all the way through.  Good stuff, I hope!

September, 2014..What's Cooking For Dinner?? - Page 2 090314

Surprisingly, I didn't think the brats were all that highly seasoned. I did simmer them in some beer before browning them on the grill so maybe I 'washed' the heat away.....they were tasty, just not as 'HOT' as I expected.

Barbara101

Barbara101

September, 2014..What's Cooking For Dinner?? - Page 2 Friedokrarecipe-1

Fried okra. 2 slices of eggplant parm from lunch..

NormM

NormM

My camera messed up and the pictured didn't come out today but I made Shrimp Etouffee without the rice. Instead I made Southern green beans with some new potatoes and salt pork. I also discovered some collard greens that I forgot to fix the other day so made them too.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

bethk

bethk
Admin

OMG !!!

That fried okra looks amazing. Give me details, please. I have got to make that one of these days.

bethk

bethk
Admin

NormM wrote:My camera messed up and the pictured didn't come out today but I made Shrimp Etouffee without the rice. Instead I made Southern green beans with some new potatoes and salt pork. I also discovered some collard greens that I forgot to fix the other day so made them too.

Barb got to YOU, too, with that meal of Southern beans & potatoes! Sounds like you hit the Southern Standards Jackpot!

Barbara101

Barbara101

I sliced them, put in buttermilk for 30 minutes.Lifted them out with strainer.Dumped them in 2 cups of SRF.with salt/pepper. I dropped them in my fryer set at 350` till nice & browned.Drained on paper towels.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Easy Peasy....now I just gotta find someone who grows the stuff so I get fresh.....

thanks!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Gosh, Jimmy - sounds like EVERYONE will be happy.  Isn't it a whole lot easier just cooking whatever everyone wants (at this age) instead of making one meal and having one or two of the three of you unhappy about the meal?

I'm making the Johnsonville Firecracker Brats on the grill.  Got broccoli WITH CHEESE SAUCE....for Dane.  And I have a pan of cauliflower in the oven to roast to go with it.  I'll just have the cauliflower since the broccoli will be covered in the sauce...OR, maybe I'll pull a couple pieces 'just because'....

Oh, and I have a plate of nice sliced tomatoes our neighbors brought back from Georgia.  They're red all the way through.  Good stuff, I hope!

Surprisingly, I didn't think the brats were all that highly seasoned.  I did simmer them in some beer before browning them on the grill so maybe I 'washed' the heat away.....they were tasty, just not as 'HOT' as I expected.

Thanks for letting us know Beth. I thought the Hot & Spicy ones Tina found were hot enough for me. My lips were burning as I ate them, which is a good thing for me.

I will just stick with hot ones. Your meal looks great though!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:September, 2014..What's Cooking For Dinner?? - Page 2 Friedokrarecipe-1

Fried okra. 2 slices of eggplant parm from lunch..

Looks like All Gone Barb. I love Okra! Love it in seafood gumbo.

NormM

NormM

I replated some left overs and here they are. Yes the green beans and potatoes was your idea that I copied.

September, 2014..What's Cooking For Dinner?? - Page 2 DSCN1766_zps00bbd567

bethk

bethk
Admin

Oh, wow, Norm! That shrimp etouffee looks incredible. I can almost taste it right on my computer screen.

Barbara101

Barbara101

I am fixin to smoke a turkey... September, 2014..What's Cooking For Dinner?? - Page 2 3267860543 September, 2014..What's Cooking For Dinner?? - Page 2 3593629538

bethk

bethk
Admin

How do you keep it from falling out of the cigarette paper ???

Hahahahahahahaha......that was a joke!

NormM

NormM

Thank you Beth. it was very good.  Barbara, make sure the temperature is kept high enough to keep the turkey meat safe. Lots of people have gotten sick by not watching turkey close enough while it is smoking.

Barbara101

Barbara101

I think  I might spatchcock it.  Brine? IDK..I have to get hickory chunks..It is 11lbs small as turkey goes..

September, 2014..What's Cooking For Dinner?? - Page 2 3593629538

NormM

NormM

Cutting it in half would make it safer because the inside would not have a chance to sit at an unsafe temperature but rather heat quickly and be done quicker. Unless you have a fresh turkey, it will already be brined.

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

yum.. delicious meals, your sausage cooked perfecto Beth..

Norm.. Shrimps look good too September, 2014..What's Cooking For Dinner?? - Page 2 3593629538

Barbara: fried okra, my DH's favorite.. he could finished the whole plate Smile

I made pizza yesterday, topped with 3 color bell peppers, sausage, tomato, herbs, cheese and.. hard boiled eggs, so good
September, 2014..What's Cooking For Dinner?? - Page 2 3593629538

September, 2014..What's Cooking For Dinner?? - Page 2 6-3

September, 2014..What's Cooking For Dinner?? - Page 2 7-5

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:How do you keep it from falling out of the cigarette paper ???

Hahahahahahahaha......that was a joke!

Beth...I had the same thought; only I was going to say, "Better Have a Big enough Pipe!? tongue

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Jimmy Jimmy.... What the heck are YOU Smokin???

I am the Poor, Sad Witch from the North. I am Cold and Clammy....

I have a Cousin is the South...His Name is Chuckie! .... He is a Bad Boy!
Don't put your legs down beside your bed. "Chuckie is under your bed, and he will grab you by the ankles!" as soon as you step out of your bed.

Jump Jimmy....Jump! Jump far far away when you get out of bed Jimmy! He He He He He !!!

"You Bad Sad Sick Boy, You Jimmy You!"

Barbara101

Barbara101

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:Jimmy Jimmy.... What the heck are YOU Smokin???

I am the Poor, Sad Witch from the North. I am Cold and Clammy....

I have a Cousin is the South...His Name is Chuckie! .... He is a Bad Boy!
Don't put your legs down beside your bed. "Chuckie is under your bed, and he will grab you by the ankles!" as soon as you step out of your bed.

Jump Jimmy....Jump! Jump far far away when you get out of bed Jimmy! He He He He He !!!

"You Bad Sad Sick Boy, You Jimmy You!"

Sounds to me ,,you be the one smokin... geek jocolor jocolor

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

IDK!
I'm thinking of a seafood something. Got Shrimp / Frozen Muscles / Cod / ; so maybe just a seafood gumbo of some sorts. Maybe just a small amount??

Tina and Gabe won't eat it..... Plus I would make it spicy hot.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Add some smoked sausage or brats, browned up for flavor & color and you've got a faux jambalaya...or call it anything you want. You can't go wrong with a big pot of seafood.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Add some smoked sausage or brats, browned up for flavor & color and you've got a faux jambalaya...or call it anything you want.  You can't go wrong with a big pot of seafood.

That's right Beth... I forgot about the hot brats. yippie.

I will put all that on the back burner as they say.
Tina is in the hospital emergency room in Pa. with her aunt.
They are stabilizing her from heart irregularities.

The Dr. cannot figure out why they took her off coumedin and heparin.

I just made some minute steak sandwiches for Gabe...and Tina and I will have ours when she gets home. She did stop at KK doughnuts on her way home.
I'm just waiting. Me and my Diet!September, 2014..What's Cooking For Dinner?? - Page 2 2876911673

Barbara101

Barbara101

September, 2014..What's Cooking For Dinner?? - Page 2 10646875_832552200102980_4808514907130889407_n

grilled these today..This morning.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum