Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

September, 2014..What's Cooking For Dinner??

+5
Barbara101
cookingirl
Imelda HL
bethk
UNCLE JIMMY
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 15]

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:September, 2014..What's Cooking For Dinner?? - Page 8 Nachos2

yup dinner..Nachos..

Nachos.... That's it??? .... WOW!

Barbara101

Barbara101

Nachos.... That's it??? .... WOW!

IT was a big pan/dish September, 2014..What's Cooking For Dinner?? - Page 8 2876911673

bethk

bethk
Admin

Nah, Jimmy...you would have just picked off the panko coating. The interior of the cutlets, although well done, were still moist. I used a buttermilk/sriracha soak to flavor the chicken.

Personally, Barb, I think your supper is perfect for a book reading day.

(a little vinegar on a paper towel will cut through that grease from your fingers flipping the pages....)

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Pot O Stew today..

September, 2014..What's Cooking For Dinner?? - Page 8 TBqHKx

Pan of Kielbasi the other day!

September, 2014..What's Cooking For Dinner?? - Page 8 QsWJTI

Tina asked to tell all, she mashes the potatoes and onions and juice all together, and sops it up. Ummmmmm!!!
Even the stew. She mashes the carrots and potatoes with the fork tines.
Yuck.....I don't like mashed carrots.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:Nachos.... That's it??? .... WOW!

IT was a big pan/dish  September, 2014..What's Cooking For Dinner?? - Page 8 2876911673

September, 2014..What's Cooking For Dinner?? - Page 8 2876911673 September, 2014..What's Cooking For Dinner?? - Page 8 2876911673 Oh!... like not three or four animal crackers, but the whole box.
Mom would buy me and brother a box each of those animal crackers.
Later on, she would ask, " hey kids, can mom have a few animal crackers with my tea?"..... I was like,' huh! we ate them all mom!"
She would say," well that's the last time!"..... September, 2014..What's Cooking For Dinner?? - Page 8 2876911673

Barbara101

Barbara101

September, 2014..What's Cooking For Dinner?? - Page 8 10428699_730335537022254_2039368682395746298_n

Dinner made lol..

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:September, 2014..What's Cooking For Dinner?? - Page 8 10428699_730335537022254_2039368682395746298_n

Dinner made lol..
"Cheesy Sticky; Crunchy and Gooey.... To Holy heck with Carbs; ......so Fooey!!!"

L00KS Great Barb.

Barbara101

Barbara101

L00KS Great Barb.

Thanks Jimmy. I was on a roll this morning. I decided to make dinner early,get it out the way. I took some out & gave the rest to my neighbor.Sure hope she returns my dish lol.

Oh then I made brownies affraid September, 2014..What's Cooking For Dinner?? - Page 8 2876911673

NormM

NormM

September, 2014..What's Cooking For Dinner?? - Page 8 DSCN1793_zpsd2f54ad1
Toppings

thinly sliced green onions
avocado
radishes
slice or diced fresh jalapeno
green olives, halved
fresh lime wedges
sour cream
grated monterey jack
saltines
corn chips

Last edited by NormM on Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:52 pm; edited 2 times in total

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

bethk

bethk
Admin

Leftovers tonight ~ then off to a meeting.

Just got home and now I'm hungry but too tired to even go and see what I might want from the kitchen. Breakfast will be here soon enough.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:September, 2014..What's Cooking For Dinner?? - Page 8 DSCN1793_zpsd2f54ad1
Toppings

thinly sliced green onions
“ slice or diced fresh jalapeno
green olives, halved
fresh lime wedges
sour cream
grated monterey jack
saltines

Norm, Norm, Norm!!!
What a great variety of condiments and toppings.
I'll bet I can sample 100 combinations of toppings, and never find the right one.....until another batch is made for tomorrow.

Sliced AND Diced Jalapeno's??? Great offer of choice!

I do that with burgers and dogs. I always slice onions, and chop some fine.

Variety.... that's the way! Variety!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Around 2AM this morning, I made a pot of sauce and meatballs in the slow cooker. Low at 6 hours. Wow! What aroma as it cooked.
Tina loved the meatballs, and had some (1-1/2 ) for breakfast.

I had none today! .... Stomach sour and GERD,. Bummer.

I made a minute steak sammich with cheese on toast for Gabe. Peas, and cubed bread to dunk in his miracle cholesterol medicine ...Olive Oil!

Tina had raspberries and cream..... and a Grilled Cheese I made for her.

I had a tomato and lettuce and cheese sandwich; and then two small dinner rolls sliced with just tomato and mayo.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Dessert!!!
Oh! Boy! .... I found a bag of Candy Corn.
I cannot stop eating them. Gosh they are so good. First I bite the white tip, and then the orange center. I set aside the yellow corn tops, and then eat them last: and all at once.
I taste different flavors in the three different colors, and Tina say's, the colors mean nothing as far as flavor being different.

I love the pumpkin shaped tri colors too, but not the chocolate and orange ones.

bethk

bethk
Admin

I've been working on my manicotti most of the day. Made the two sauces, made the meat/spinach/cheese filling. Got most of the manicotti pasta cooked without breaking too much. Had the filling chilled so it was easier to pipe the filling into the tubes.

September, 2014..What's Cooking For Dinner?? - Page 8 100_3663

September, 2014..What's Cooking For Dinner?? - Page 8 100_3667

September, 2014..What's Cooking For Dinner?? - Page 8 100_3669

September, 2014..What's Cooking For Dinner?? - Page 8 100_3670

September, 2014..What's Cooking For Dinner?? - Page 8 100_3672

This casserole of 6 is ready to freeze. I have another one ready to bake off for supper - when hot and bubbly I'll add some fresh mozzarella slices and a shower of freshly grated parmesan before returning it to the oven to let the cheese melt all over the shells.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:I've been working on my manicotti most of the day.  Made the two sauces, made the meat/spinach/cheese filling.  Got most of the manicotti pasta cooked without breaking too much.  Had the filling chilled so it was easier to pipe the filling into the tubes.

This casserole of 6 is ready to freeze.  I have another one ready to bake off for supper - when hot and bubbly I'll add some fresh mozzarella slices and a shower of freshly grated parmesan before returning it to the oven to let the cheese melt all over the shells.

They look great Beth! ... hahahaha.... PITA huh?

Did Ja ever try just stuffing the shells hard / uncooked? I do, and just add a little more sauce. Covered in the oven with foil...they come out soft, and the tubes absorb the juices and flavors.

Even lasagna. I use the regular flat ones with the curly edges, right out of the box. I don't cook them. Just have to add more sauce; because they absorb.

Barbara101

Barbara101

September, 2014..What's Cooking For Dinner?? - Page 8 2817451525_090d21244a_m

Barbara101

Barbara101

September, 2014..What's Cooking For Dinner?? - Page 8 Jucylucy02

bethk

bethk
Admin

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:They look great Beth! ... hahahaha.... PITA huh?

Did Ja ever try just stuffing the shells hard / uncooked? I do, and just add a little more sauce. Covered in the oven with foil...they come out soft, and the tubes absorb the juices and flavors.

Even lasagna. I use the regular flat ones with the curly edges, right out of the box. I don't cook them. Just have to add more sauce; because they absorb.

Yeah, they were a lot of work, Jimmy, but the best I've ever had (excuse me for tooting my own horn, but the taste/texture was just what I envisioned in my mind). It took me all day but it was fun because I was combining and tweeking recipes I found and then added my own special touches. Dane and our friends couldn't have had more nice things to say.

The only problem with the meal was that we got to dessert before Dane spoke up and said, "you forgot to take a picture of the meal."

Darn it.

Oh, well, at least you get to see dessert:

September, 2014..What's Cooking For Dinner?? - Page 8 091814f

bethk

bethk
Admin

Barbara101 wrote:September, 2014..What's Cooking For Dinner?? - Page 8 Jucylucy02

Ah, Barb, did you notice your burger had an accident on your plate ???

LOL

I use to make those with some marinara sauce, a slice of onion and mozzarella. OMG, so good ~ so good and messy! Haven't had one in years.

Nice supper.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:
UNCLE JIMMY wrote:They look great Beth! ... hahahaha.... PITA huh?

Yeah, they were a lot of work, Jimmy, but the best I've ever had (excuse me for tooting my own horn, but the taste/texture was just what I envisioned in my mind).  It took me all day but it was fun because I was combining and tweeking recipes I found and then added my own special touches.  Dane and our friends couldn't have had more nice things to say.  

The only problem with the meal was that we got to dessert before Dane spoke up and said, "you forgot to take a picture of the meal."

Darn it.

Oh, well, at least you get to see dessert:

September, 2014..What's Cooking For Dinner?? - Page 8 091814f

OKay! Great! .... Now! Your meat cheese combo filling sounds great.
If yo get a chance....a basic filling recipe ( Just by handfulls or sprinkle measurements is OK) I can figure out the rest.

I make meat filled, and cheese filled, but Like Your Idea of Meat/ Cheese Combo filling. I see you used a piping fill bag. I'm sure, that could be a pita sometimes.
I graduated to the trigger handle squeeze cookie gun with the big hole tip.
Works great for me!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Had a Ham / cheese / lettuce on one of those thin Thomas' bagels.

Tina and Gabe had sliced turkey breast (from the dinner frozen gravy Banquet ) .
Tina had mashed taters, and Gabe had a sweet baked potato.

Cake and Ice cream for them, and I had cup cake and a plain doughnut with coffee.

I'm still nursing this stomach of mine.
I had a peptic ulcer since 16 years old (geeze, I wonder Why?) and the doc said ,"The Change of Seasons will cause the ulcer to act up!" I think he was right!

Niagara Visitor

Again, not much cooking going on here. I have sold my farm been busy going from farm to condo taking "stuff" in my SUV, will have big pieces moved in a couple of weeks. My boys are planning a final fish fry here Sept. 27, my son Michael's 48th b-day. How did I get to be that old, to have a 48 year old son when I can't possibly be older than maybe 45??????

Sons will supply and fry the fish, I have said that for everyone else it is pot luck and BYOB. We have been here for almost 39 years, our/my children grew up here, and many of their school friends spent a lot of time here, not only as teenagers but later. It was always so nice for my hubby and me to see their friends coming with their families as they got older, so this fish fry will be very special. Too bad Dieter won't be here, but he'll be here in spirit.

A very nice young couple have bought here, and I am happy about it. I said many times that I didn't care what anyone did with this place once I had their $$$$.................. I learned a few days ago when I met this young couple just how much I do care. They seem to love the place, are anxious to live here and hopefully have a family soon!

So, it's onward and upward. I am soooooo looking forward to condo living, no snow removal, indoor parking Indoor pool, party room. gym, garbage disposal, everything.

And, I guess this has nothing to do with cooking! Sorry.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Niagara Visitor wrote:Again, not much cooking going on here.  I have sold my farm been busy going from farm to condo taking "stuff" in my SUV, will have big pieces moved in a couple of weeks.  My boys are planning a final fish fry here Sept. 27, my son Michael's 48th b-day.  How did I get to be that old, to have a 48 year old son when I can't possibly be older than maybe 45??????

Sons will supply and fry the fish, I have said that for everyone else it is pot luck and BYOB.  We have been here for almost 39 years, our/my children grew up here, and many of their school friends spent a lot of time here, not only as teenagers but later.  It was always so nice for my hubby and me to see their friends coming with their families as they got older, so this fish fry will be very special.  Too bad Dieter won't be here, but he'll be here in spirit.

A very nice young couple have bought here, and I am happy about it.  I said many times that I didn't care what anyone did with this place once I had their $$$$.................. I learned a few days ago when I met this young couple just how much I do care.  They seem to love the place, are anxious to live here and hopefully have a family soon!

So, it's onward and upward.  I am soooooo looking forward to condo living, no snow removal, indoor parking Indoor pool, party room. gym, garbage disposal, everything.

And, I guess this has nothing to do with cooking! Sorry.

It most certainly Does Have to do with Cooking!!!.. It was cooking that made all the happy memories Lore!
Especially the Fish Fry's and the BBQ Pit outside on the patio!
Especially the Cook herself! That food had to be cooked by someone.
And all the labour that went into some of those massive meals.

SOOooo! Now that Your Goose is cooked...hahahahahaha.....you can sit back and ready yourself for a "Time For You" part of life! God Bless You, and yours.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

HELLOOoooooo for Crybaby!!!

Where are ya??? ...... How are you doing?? .... Have missed you on here!

Give us a toot,....OK? ....

bethk

bethk
Admin

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:
OKay! Great! .... Now! Your meat cheese combo filling sounds great.
If yo get a chance....a basic filling recipe ( Just by handfulls or sprinkle measurements is OK) I can figure out the rest.

I make meat filled, and cheese filled, but Like Your Idea of Meat/ Cheese Combo filling. I see you used a piping fill bag. I'm sure, that could be a pita sometimes.
I graduated to the trigger handle squeeze cookie gun with the big hole tip.
Works great for me!

The meat filling was pretty basic - 1/2 c. finely chopped onion sauteed in olive oil until soft, 1 lb. (well, I had 1 - 1/4 lb.) ground chuck added and cooked/broken up, seasoned with dry Italian herbs and s&p. Drained well in colander and allowed to cool. Cheese part - 1 - 16 oz. container of small curd cottage cheese, 2 eggs, 1 - 8 oz. pkg. of shredded mozzarella and about 1/2 c. of grated parmesan all in the food processor (I used my little mini chop and had to do it in batches). When all blitzed together and smooth, added the cooled meat/onion and the chopped spinach. The recipe said to use the thawed frozen but I don't like the stems in it so I steamed my own (after removing the stems) and squeezed all the liquid out and chopped by hand.

I didn't have any problem with the piping - used a disposable bag and cut the end wide enough to easily squeeze the filling through. I didn't overfill so it was easy to open up and add more as I needed to, plus my filling was cool from a stay in the refrigerator so it all held together nicely.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum