Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!"

+4
NormM
Barbara101
bethk
UNCLE JIMMY
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 12]

26"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 2 Empty Re: "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" Tue May 06, 2014 3:11 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Today-yay-yay, I got ribs in the oven slow and low.

Tina made macaroni salad whilst I was working on her car, and now I came up for a break!

Back outside soon to repair the tractor for the soon to cut the grass bull crap.

27"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 2 Empty Re: "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" Tue May 06, 2014 7:31 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Amazing, isn't it, how just a simple little picture can get your mouth waterin' for a meal. Gee, Jimmy, where'd you get the idea ribs would be in the menu plan???? Hahahahahaha

I don't think tonight's meal will entice you nearly as much....grilled chicken breast, baked sweet potato, baby peas and an avocado/basalmic salad. Of course, the salad might just flip the switch on Norm's tongue ~ he's a fan like I am!

"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 2 050614

28"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 2 Empty Re: "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" Tue May 06, 2014 10:11 pm

NormM

NormM

I made beef bulgogi and Korean style spinach and a salad. We had it along with two kinds of kim che and rice.

"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 2 DSCN1407_zps1a35acca

"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 2 DSCN1409_zps8f4222be

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

29"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 2 Empty Re: "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" Wed May 07, 2014 5:15 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 2 1525741_610141042356299_915998261_n

Lemon M. pie. Might be dinner seeing it is another 95` day.

30"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 2 Empty Re: "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" Wed May 07, 2014 5:21 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Ah, a nice cool, tart slice of lemon....Mmmmmm!

I was going to pull a rib eye out of the freezer and Dane said, "No....let's go out". So, Darn it all anyway, we'll go out to eat.....

((sigh))

He makes it SO difficult sometimes.....

lol

31"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 2 Empty Re: "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" Wed May 07, 2014 5:30 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

when it is hot as hell.3rd day now, 95` I have no interest in going out.For anything. Well I did water my plants.Vacuumed, Molly is shedding,I have piles of balls of white cotton blobs that is her fur.In a hour I could do it all over again.

32"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 2 Empty Re: "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" Wed May 07, 2014 7:46 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Gee Beth!
Maybe poor Dane didn't feel like grilling today! That's so nice that you gave him a break, and went out to eat! .....

33"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 2 Empty Re: "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" Wed May 07, 2014 11:12 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:when it is hot as hell.3rd day now, 95` I have no interest in going out.For anything. Well I did water my plants.Vacuumed, Molly is shedding,I have piles of balls of white cotton blobs that is her fur.In a hour I could do it all over again.

Don't forget to vacuum the coil behind the grill at the bottom of the refrigerator Barb!
I have to clean off mine every 4 months with three, Opps two kitties that shed constantly. The big boy Chestnut we put down a couple weeks ago. Kidney failure!

You should see me. I put the couch cushion in a big plastic bag, and I kneel and lay on that to vacuum all that fuzz. hahahahaha....

34"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 2 Empty Re: "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" Wed May 07, 2014 11:25 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Supper was the vegetable soup that Tina made the other day.
I had a bologna sandwich with hot mustard too!

Dessert.... ? ...Not yet, but the waffle iron is in back of me on the island countertop.
I made a waffle for Tina this AM, and I had none. SOooooo....I am contemplating having one or two as a bedtime snack! Ummmmmm!

35"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 2 Empty Re: "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" Thu May 08, 2014 6:21 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 2 8654313d9efba307d766f8e4e8d40b3f

36"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 2 Empty Re: "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" Thu May 08, 2014 6:31 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Today is anything you find, you eat Day!

It turned out as a sour day. 7:00 AM we got a call Tina's uncle fell while getting out of bed.
She, naturally is down there and they are checking him out at the Hospital Down there.
Problem is, he is so weak, he cannot get out of his chair. Tina had to call the paramedics to get him to the hospital....... So, today, is not fitting for cooking or even eating anything.

My motto is..... Some days "You eat the Bear". and some days the bear eats you!"
Whatta ya gonna do..????/

37"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 2 Empty Re: "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" Thu May 08, 2014 8:03 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 2 8654313d9efba307d766f8e4e8d40b3f

BREAD???.... Ummm... My favorite, and my downfall!hahahaha LOOKS Good barb.

38"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 2 Empty Re: "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" Thu May 08, 2014 8:12 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

The new store that I go to for food shopping now,has the best bakery.Real sourdough from San Francisco. "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 2 2599281016 "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 2 2599281016 

Store is wonderful.I go first thing in the morning when they do the salad bar.

They also this week, have 8oclock for $3.77. Boneless chicken breast $1.99lb.

Salad for dinner does not hold me lol.I may have a snack later.

39"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 2 Empty Re: "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" Fri May 09, 2014 4:53 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I know what you mean about salad not staying with you....just like Chinese food! LOL

But if I add some hard cooked eggs and some meat (like your leftover steak or chicken), well, then it really does satisfy.

Yesterday we were working outside, cutting down a large area of bushes. I didn't even come close to the computer, I was so exhausted. PLUS, I got two huge blisters on my fingers from my clippers. Don't you feel sorry for me??? Nah ~ I'll be fine.

But I did manage to put together a grilled supper.

(only because I was starving!)

"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 2 050814

40"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 2 Empty Re: "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" Fri May 09, 2014 7:01 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Dane says he wants to continue to try to cut back on his carbs so, even though I realize carrots are high in carbs, I figured this meal was better than if I served it over mashed potatoes or egg noodles. For a man who insisted on meat, potatoes & vegetable at every evening meal, I think he's made great strides if only by being attentive to what he's putting in his system. So, we won't do low carb every night, but if we occasionally have meals without potatoes or noodles or rice....well, at least now he doesn't complain about being hungry in an hour. He just gets a glass of water ('0' calorie seltzer or fruit flavored waters w/o any sweetner).

Braised chicken and vegetables spooned over vegetable 'spaghetti' with a cucumber/tomato/onion salad w/basalmic vinegarette on the side.

"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 2 050914

41"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 2 Empty Re: "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" Fri May 09, 2014 7:20 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I am going to cut the carbs with the apple cider vinegar.

I posted a lengthy article that Great Grandma Evelyn sent me and others; about using the apple cider vinegar regimen ...... in the Welcome Thread.

If anyone knows carbs and glucose control, she surely does.

I love carbs...i.e. bread and pasta... but, if I can eat it, and use the apple cider vinegar to cut the carbs intake in half (as some cases had ) then I am willing to give it a chance.

42"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 2 Empty Re: "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" Fri May 09, 2014 8:20 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 2 Engmuffinchicken

leftover dried up bottoms of the english muffin. lol I only like the tops. Breaded chicken breast. sauteed brussels sprouts.

43"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 2 Empty Re: "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" Fri May 09, 2014 9:04 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

you only like the tops ???

"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 2 2876911673 "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 2 2876911673 

That just struck me as a picture in my head of you flingin' the bottom half out the patio door for the birds.

44"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 2 Empty Re: "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" Fri May 09, 2014 9:29 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

dumb I know lol.I save them in bags & have them in the freezer.When I made them, I made sure they where both the same size. Tops & bottom the same size ..

yet I laugh at my grandson for only eating the broken chips.

45"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 2 Empty Re: "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" Sat May 10, 2014 2:09 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Heated one of those Red Baron Pizza Breads with pepperoni.
I doctored it up, and added sliced cheese after it was done so that the cheese bubbled and browned under the broiler.

Tina is back home, and she is taking tomorrow as a rest-up day. She will go back to her uncles and check him out whilst he is in the hospital after his fall the other day.

She picked up a great Coconut Custard Pie at the farm stand across the street from her uncles place. Ummmmm! That will me my night time snack!

46"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 2 Empty Re: "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" Sat May 10, 2014 11:53 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

I just got done assembling a cauliflower pea salad.  I don't know why I bother layering everything in a nice clear glass bowl.....all I'm gonna do is toss it all together and sprinkle on the bacon bits.  

But, layering is the way I was taught to make it....so, layering is the way I did it!

"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 2 Cauliflowerpeasalad

47"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 2 Empty Re: "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" Sat May 10, 2014 4:10 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Looks great Beth.
Is the caulifower raw in that recipe?

48"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 2 Empty Re: "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" Sat May 10, 2014 4:21 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Today is son Jimmy's 45th birthday; so we are going to his favorite pizza place.....California pizza kitchen. We were there once before, but it didn't ring any bells for me.He likes their honey wheat crust. In my opinion, the crust is too sweet. I don't mind hole wheat, but I can do without the honey.

At least they have other styles. The place is so far too....30 miles. There are none closer.
Hey! It's his party. LOL...

49"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 2 Empty Re: "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" Sat May 10, 2014 9:11 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Yes, Jimmy - cauliflower is raw, frozen peas are just thawed, not cooked.

Layer of chopped iceberg lettuce, a sprinkle of sliced green onions, layer of cauliflower pieces, sprinkle of half a bag of frozen peas, a shaving of parmesan cheese, half the 'dressing' and repeat.  The dressing is Hellmann's, parmesan and sugar mixed together.  

I usually drain off the excess liquid from the peas defrosting before I toss just before serving and then I add the chopped bacon.  

It's one of those old fashioned salads Grandma made for holidays back in the 1960's.

I decided it was time to clean the grill this morning....so, since the grill was clean and presentable (for a change) I thought it was the right time to invite the neighbors over for a meal. Simple and easy, nothing fancy, that's for sure: Sliders w/toasted buns, Bush's canned baked beans with some bacon added to the top as it baked, the cauliflower/pea salad, chips and condiments. Everyone was stuffed when we finished - smiles all around...so I figure it was a success even if I didn't make a dessert. I don't have a taste for dessert when it's warm out so I was happy our friends didn't feel deprived.

50"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 2 Empty Re: "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" Sun May 11, 2014 12:02 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Yes, Jimmy - cauliflower is raw, frozen peas are just thawed, not cooked.

Thanks Beth!... I love raw cauliflower and broccoli.

Sounds good....

Glad your friends had a great time. I don't like desserts when it's hot out either. Even Ice cream.
Melts too fast.. lol

Just got back from California Pizza Kitchen. Spent 230,00 for pizza and dessert for 8 of us.

I could have had pizza made here home made for less that 45.00.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum