Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

APRIL..Whats Cooking..

+7
Niagara Visitor
Imelda HL
Bugster2
NormM
UNCLE JIMMY
bethk
Barbara101
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 14]

26APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 2 Empty Re: APRIL..Whats Cooking.. Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:54 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 2 IMG_9934_thumb

lol again with the chicken breast..I am in a chicken rut  alien 

27APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 2 Empty Re: APRIL..Whats Cooking.. Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:05 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 2 User39817_pic5852_1393797686

AND then this APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 2 2599281016 

28APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 2 Empty Re: APRIL..Whats Cooking.. Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:06 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I WANT THAT !!!!

29APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 2 Empty Re: APRIL..Whats Cooking.. Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:13 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Barb that dessert looks yummy! Wish I had some now.

Nothing cooking in the kitchen tonight by me. My DH brought home a cold a couple of weeks ago and I finally caught it. It has turned into a raging holocaust. Temp 101, cough, nose, stomach. I wish I had some Nyquil or something to knock me out until I feel like I might live.

30APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 2 Empty Re: APRIL..Whats Cooking.. Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:30 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Hot chicken broth to breathe in, Bugster.....do you have any in the freezer?

31APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 2 Empty Re: APRIL..Whats Cooking.. Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:16 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

All those salads look great, but I have only one question?

Where's The BREAD ?? .... hahahahahahaha

Tina made Pasta e Fagiole .... The beans were fabulous Goya Product white beans. So small, they almost fit in the Ditalini inside.
At least we didn't forget to NOT Eat Meat Today!... ( I'm confused!! Am I saying that right?? )

I give up! I don't think we had a time when we never had it! Even if I am sending it to everyone!

I think.... I need a Restart!

32APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 2 Empty Re: APRIL..Whats Cooking.. Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:14 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

No broth. I don't feel like eating. I can't smell or taste anything.

33APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 2 Empty Re: APRIL..Whats Cooking.. Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:38 am

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

NormM wrote:Imelda, here is an explanation of City Chicken

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080322155436AAwqTgN

thank you Norm  APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 2 3593629538 

34APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 2 Empty Re: APRIL..Whats Cooking.. Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:55 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

Where's The BREAD ??

I really slack off the bread come warm weather.I make fresh croutons ( boxed are nasty) for my salads.Buns for franks or burgers.

Seems I switch that carb aka sugar, for pastas in salads.

35APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 2 Empty Re: APRIL..Whats Cooking.. Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:16 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

bethk wrote:Barb's chicken salad had my head whirling.....boy, does her's look good or what???

So, I had to have a grilled chicken salad ~ put together for him with feta cheese, egg & avocado...

APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 2 040414a

and mine with NO feta....much more to my liking!

APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 2 040414b

add bacon & you have cobb salad.lol

36APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 2 Empty Re: APRIL..Whats Cooking.. Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:15 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Well,.......Sitting here flip flopping on what to make for today's supper.

Tina's on way back from the church where she helps out on saturday's....and she's bringing me an egg McMuffin from Micky D's.

maybe...stuffed zuchinni and stuffed peppers. I have two that I need to use up.

Oh Well! That could change in an instant. ? ? ? ?

37APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 2 Empty Re: APRIL..Whats Cooking.. Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:31 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

That sounds good, Jimmy.

I've got a piece of pork sirloin thawing. Gotta go through the vegetable drawer and decide what to have with it.

I took time to cube up the mini watermelon and cantaloupe this morning. It's amazing how much easier it is to remember to eat when you only have to chew and swallow and not take time to cut it off the rind....

38APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 2 Empty Re: APRIL..Whats Cooking.. Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:23 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:That sounds good, Jimmy.  

I've got a piece of pork sirloin thawing.  Gotta go through the vegetable drawer and decide what to have with it.  

I took time to cube up the mini watermelon and cantaloupe this morning.  It's amazing how much easier it is to remember to eat when you only have to chew and swallow and not take time to cut it off the rind....

I like your chew and swallow method. hahahaha As a matter of fact, I don't feel like making a filling for just two small zuchinni and one pepper, so I will fry cubed zuchinni, and have it with bow ties macaroni's !

Tina left to see her aunt in PA in the nursing home. She needs to just be there a few days to make sure the pacemaker is working ok.
I guess I will be cooking for myself then. Huh! ....

39APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 2 Empty Re: APRIL..Whats Cooking.. Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:59 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:No broth. I don't feel like eating. I can't smell or taste anything.

Oh! Darn it! Feel Better Bugster...
Maybe you should get some antibiotics? Maybe the Dr. can call in a Z-Pack for you and DH?

40APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 2 Empty Re: APRIL..Whats Cooking.. Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:41 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

My DH just had a basal cell spot removed from his head and is taking antibiotics but they don't seem to be working on the cold. We will just have to let nature do its' thing and let it run its course, so I doubt that antibiotics will help. What I do wish I had is an inhaler and a bottle of codeine cough syrup. Those two seem to be the most effective. One opens up the chest and lets you cough up the crap and the other knocks you flat out on your butt so you don't feel the miseries.

41APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 2 Empty Re: APRIL..Whats Cooking.. Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:01 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

get well soon Bugster  APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 2 911454047 

I'm making some pizza for weekend hospitality at our church.. so our dinner will be pizza with sausage, spinach, mushroom and tomato and cheese.. we definitely still need supper later tonight

42APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 2 Empty Re: APRIL..Whats Cooking.. Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:03 pm

Niagara Visitor

Antibiotics DO NOT work on a cold. Colds are a virus, antibiotics treat bacteria. Please don't over use the meds. Save the antibiotics for when you're really sick! Our old Russian doc used to say that a cold lasts a week if you don't treat it, and 7 days if you do! Laughing 

I made some really good stuffed peppers a couple of days ago. There are still three left for tonight! yumm! Very Happy Very Happy 

43APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 2 Empty Re: APRIL..Whats Cooking.. Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:04 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

I never use antibiotics for a cold unless it has gone to my chest or sinus and doesn't seem to get any better after a couple of weeks.

Back in the early 70's I got the Hong Kong flu, twice. After one bout with the flu I had a horrible case of bronchitis and a horrible sinus infection. My dad had this atomizer which he put penicillin mixed with water. When you pumped it, a vapor came out that you could inhale. I sucked it into my chest and inhaled it through my nose. Talk about a direct hit. Everything was gone within 3 days. Too bad they don't have things like that anymore. Same with sulfa powder which was sprayed directly into the throat for sore throats. It worked every time. Another old fashioned treatment of his was using non-sudsing ammonia on bee stings. Takes the pain away immediately. He said it neutralized the venom.

44APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 2 Empty Re: APRIL..Whats Cooking.. Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:47 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 2 798_468903553191218_1396381935_n

Just a no frills burger.But good none the less.

45APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 2 Empty Re: APRIL..Whats Cooking.. Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:57 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 2 IMG_0251

46APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 2 Empty Re: APRIL..Whats Cooking.. Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:15 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Good looking burger, Barb....how do you keep your grill so clean????  Mine hasn't been used overtime like I use to in Ohio but it's a black mess.

Here's my grilled pork sirloin chop with the steak rub seasoning (I got it a little too heavy tonight ~ live and learn....), a baked sweet potato (started in the microwave and finished on the top rack of the grill) and 'vegetable spaghetti' - yellow & green zucchini, carrot & onion quickly 'stir fried' until tender crisp.

APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 2 040514

47APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 2 Empty Re: APRIL..Whats Cooking.. Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:43 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

LOTS & LOTS of elbow grease. De greaser. Baking soda & vinegar paste. Grate soaked & soaked & then soaked some more in COKE. More elbow grease.Wear rubber gloves . Brush brush brush. Spray spray.. APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 2 2787578702 do LOTS of cussing  APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 2 1450907917 

Make sure you sit on a stool.. Then fight the girls to stay out of the gunk.
Worth it have clean grill but I think I may not go down this road again.TO MUCH WORK....Next time you will see messed up grill grates lol.

48APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 2 Empty Re: APRIL..Whats Cooking.. Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:58 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Barb, your Weber is so clean! You should see ours - all black and crusty from years of use. That reminds me, it is time to give the cooking grate a good soak before the summer grilling season starts.

49APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 2 Empty Re: APRIL..Whats Cooking.. Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:09 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Bugs it is working job & I am fed up with it,so this will be the last time I do a overhaul like this.i will give the grates a good cleaning every few cooks tho. Coke really cleans it good. They are CI. A while back after not cooking on it,when I opened it it was covered in mildew & rust. APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 2 2787578702 APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 2 1562938848 Took me forever to get it back in shape. I will never do that again. I am anal about getting the old food off it. It is kinda new too. I got it last year.

50APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 2 Empty Re: APRIL..Whats Cooking.. Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:19 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barb, you could throw a couple simple burgers my way anytime!
That's real good tummy happy food!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum