Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

APRIL..Whats Cooking..

+7
Niagara Visitor
Imelda HL
Bugster2
NormM
UNCLE JIMMY
bethk
Barbara101
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 14]

176APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 8 Empty Re: APRIL..Whats Cooking.. Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:02 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Typical Cook's Illustrated ~ geeze louise, there are much more serious overpricing than tuna fish going on. It still irks me that five pounds of sugar is now usually 4, and that a gallon of ice cream ain't no where near a gallon, and coffee comes in 12 oz. cans or bags....same size as they use to pack 16 oz. into. It's all smoke & mirrors when it comes to packaging anymore.

Sorry....

I'll step down off my soap box now.

excuse my rant......

APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 8 2787578702 

177APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 8 Empty Re: APRIL..Whats Cooking.. Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:32 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I had some boneless chicken thighs to use tonight....love the flavor of that meat. I made a chicken/asparagus/leek alfredo pasta and a side salad.

It never ceases to amaze me how just one little slice of bacon can elevate the flavors in a dish. That's why I have it single wrapped in my freezer.

APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 8 041614

178APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 8 Empty Re: APRIL..Whats Cooking.. Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:11 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 8 13064_423740274379399_1868827624_n

179APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 8 Empty Re: APRIL..Whats Cooking.. Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:28 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

looking good, Barb....love when there's egg in the fried rice.

180APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 8 Empty Re: APRIL..Whats Cooking.. Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:32 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:looking good, Barb....love when there's egg in the fried rice.

Barbs dish of rice does look good. Carrots in the rice sounds and looks good too!
The first time I had Chinese Pork Fried Rice, and saw that there was lumps of Scrambled eggs in it, I thought they dropped the eggs in the rice by mistake from breakfast eggs getting mixed up with rice. I was like Wha? Wha/ Wha? the heck??? Then Tina told me that they purposly do that. I still to this day, cannot figure out Why?
I just had a 1/2 ( Jimmy Was Good ) of the leftover hoagie from last night.

I'm busy now (Posting the PIEROGI'S Recipe )
Everything with the site looks and is pretty stable today!
I can get full BBCode and use with IE9 IE10 and Google Chrome.
It's so creepy. Maybe The internet Gods were punishing me for not eating my chicken !!

Well.... Let me see what Happens. I have all writing done on WORD and all I have to do is Copy and Paste it to the Composing Page! xxxxxxxxxx  Crossed fingers

Wish me luck!  Neutral 

181APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 8 Empty Re: APRIL..Whats Cooking.. Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:23 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I made some bruschetta and tomato/onion/parsley/basil to spoon on top. Then I remembered the olives we picked up at the store. So, we'll see if this is enough to keep me from making a real supper! lol

APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 8 041714Appetizers

182APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 8 Empty Re: APRIL..Whats Cooking.. Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:35 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Nope ..looks like you will be cooking or eating out..I would eat that,then want dinner. APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 8 1838020472 

183APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 8 Empty Re: APRIL..Whats Cooking.. Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:59 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Well, I did have a nice spicy Bloody Mary to go along with the 'snacks'....

which I've since renamed "SUPPER".

It was surprisingly filling. And if he wants something later, well, there's always a bowl of Raisin Bran to be had....

hahahahahaha

184APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 8 Empty Re: APRIL..Whats Cooking.. Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:18 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I'm with Barb!

Yep! .... that would set my appetite into More Gear! ....Especially with a drink!

So, I wonder what could be cooked / made with raisin bran?? Raisin Brand Meatloaf sounds like a delicious meal to me!

185APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 8 Empty Re: APRIL..Whats Cooking.. Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:41 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 8 Slaw3

I am so tired from shopping most of the day,that I made broccoli slaw.I may fry up some hot dogs.Maybe...

186APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 8 Empty Re: APRIL..Whats Cooking.. Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:52 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Tina just called from on the road from church services, and is picking up some pizza and an order of meatballs.... She wanted to know if I wanted a Salad??/

Salad? I don't think so. Not with Pizza!
That's like offering a kid a lollypop in one hand, and a carrot in the other! hahahaha....  Laughing 

187APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 8 Empty Re: APRIL..Whats Cooking.. Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:08 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 8 1779052_10202491397700572_784139039_n

188APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 8 Empty Re: APRIL..Whats Cooking.. Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:17 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Yummy meal, Barb. And super quick, to be sure. I've been keeping my eye on the littlenecks in the seafood case. When they drop another $.25 or so, I'm gonna have a feast for us....

I ended up thawing out the Salisbury steak in gravy and a container of mashed potatoes for our supper. Just did some Penzey herbed green beans along side. You've seen the pic tons of times so refer to an old one if you want to see what I had on my plate....lol

189APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 8 Empty Re: APRIL..Whats Cooking.. Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:05 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

I bought those a long time ago. They where frozen.I found them forgotten in my freezer when I was looking for my ham.

Good Olive oil & garlic makes them just fine.. Wink 

190APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 8 Empty Re: APRIL..Whats Cooking.. Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:10 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

We had Mac and Cheese. Tina made it from a recipe she lost and just found it.
We both agreed....not enough cheese. It's one of those recipe's with cottage cheese / sour cream / cheddar cheese!...........Oh Well!....

191APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 8 Empty Re: APRIL..Whats Cooking.. Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:21 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I have a small pork steak....not really big enough for 2 but it'll have to do.  A couple ears of sweet corn to steam on the grill. I just made some zucchini/yellow squash/onion kebobs.  I've got it all marinating in a variation of Norm's kalbi marinate.  Soy, sugar (trying brown sugar this time), sherry, grated ginger, a very small piece of grated apple, a few drops of sesame oil to help it all secure to the food, and some Coca Cola.

Sure smells good.

APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 8 041914

Whoops - the salad got left on the countertop for the pic....but it was there!

192APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 8 Empty Re: APRIL..Whats Cooking.. Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:12 am

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

we had leftover pork chops, with ramen and baby broccoli.. not much but it was satisfying

APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 8 DSCN3081

193APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 8 Empty Re: APRIL..Whats Cooking.. Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:48 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

wow leftovers never looked so good.  cheers 

I could have had Beths meal.I bought corn on cob. zucc & I did take out some pork shoulder chops from the freezer,then put them back..I am having Ham to slow roast today so I thought I will be eating pork for a while lol.

194APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 8 Empty Re: APRIL..Whats Cooking.. Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:03 am

Niagara Visitor

Easter dinner will be a little different in our family. Fish fry courtesy of fishing sons. Also some burgers and salads for the silly people who don't like fish! Sons have a self imposed rule of fishing. They are not "allowed" to go fishing in the new season until all of the previous season's catch is gone. So, it's a fish fry instead of a traditional Easter dinner. Yummy!

But "Mom, you have to bring the potato salad!" And, it can't be Easter without some eggs, right? So I made a bunch of devilled eggs. Youngest family member is 45 so coloured eggs are not a priority!

195APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 8 Empty Re: APRIL..Whats Cooking.. Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:01 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Niagara Visitor wrote:Easter dinner will be a little different in our family.  Fish fry courtesy of fishing sons.  Also some burgers and salads for the silly people who don't like fish! Sons have a self imposed rule of fishing.  They are not "allowed" to go fishing in the new season until all of the previous season's catch is gone.   So, it's a fish fry instead of a traditional Easter dinner.  Yummy!

But "Mom, you have to bring the potato salad!" And, it can't be Easter without some eggs, right?  So I made a bunch of devilled eggs.  Youngest family member is 45 so coloured eggs are not a priority!

I'll trade you a ham for some fish; especially if you are cooking it!

I remember the pics of your previous fish fry and BBQ....and really nice.

Have a joyous family time, and God Bless!

196APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 8 Empty Re: APRIL..Whats Cooking.. Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:03 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Tina and I want to wish all happy Easter Season!
Enjoy the day and the day's to come to the fullest!
God Bless!

197APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 8 Empty Re: APRIL..Whats Cooking.. Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:51 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

I have a turkey I got at Thanksgiving. Since it was frozen it will probably be not very good but we will see. At least I can make lunches for my DH from it. Mashed potatoes, gravy, dressing and green bean casserole to go along with it. I am already bloated thinking about it. Turkey is one of those things that you can dine off the smell. By the time the turkey is done you aren't hungry.

198APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 8 Empty Re: APRIL..Whats Cooking.. Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:54 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

By the time the turkey is done you aren't hungry.

hahahha speak for yourself..

199APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 8 Empty Re: APRIL..Whats Cooking.. Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:34 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Niagara Visitor wrote:  So, it's a fish fry instead of a traditional Easter dinner.  Yummy!

I WANT FISH !!!!

That sounds wonderful, Niagara! Actually, any holiday with family is a blessing and sometimes, a holiday without family is just as much a blessing (we just don't like to admit it out loud....). lol

200APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 8 Empty Re: APRIL..Whats Cooking.. Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:39 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Since I planned on cooking only one meal today I asked Dane to decided when we would eat. He said, "3:00" so that's what we did. Now I'm ready for a nap....

APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 8 042014

I imagine there will be a bit of pickin' a little of this 'n that ~ mainly a ham sandwich ~ later this evening. Boy, it's been ages since I cooked a ham. It really tasted good to me.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum