Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

DECEMBER 2013;"What's Cooking In The Kitchen?"

+4
Crybaby
Barbara101
bethk
UNCLE JIMMY
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 12]

bethk

bethk
Admin

Goodness....SO pretty!

Did I ever mention how I'd like to live closer to you? YUM!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

The little bird has such cute chubby thighs.
great looking soufflé.

bethk

bethk
Admin

My Christmas supper:

Strip steak (it really wasn't as done as it looks, but I may have let it rest a little too long), creamed potatoes, roasted carrots/parsnips/onions and a tossed salad

DECEMBER 2013;"What's Cooking In The Kitchen?" - Page 10 122513

Barbara101

Barbara101

DECEMBER 2013;"What's Cooking In The Kitchen?" - Page 10 Italian-Stuffed-Shells

Stuffed Shells.Took me all dang afternoon to make them.

DECEMBER 2013;"What's Cooking In The Kitchen?" - Page 10 574

bethk

bethk
Admin

and.....you had better things to do???

Looks amazingly tasty.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:DECEMBER 2013;"What's Cooking In The Kitchen?" - Page 10 Italian-Stuffed-Shells

Stuffed Shells.Took me all dang afternoon to make them.

DECEMBER 2013;"What's Cooking In The Kitchen?" - Page 10 574

Barb....we used to fill them until we found them already filled, and sold at Sams Club. Yours look great though!

bethk

bethk
Admin

I decided on sweet & sour pork for my supper tonight....not to be confused with Imelda's sweet & sour pork because HER'S is much more authentic and very tasty, I'm sure. Mine is more of a 1960's standard and I make it because I like it.....

DECEMBER 2013;"What's Cooking In The Kitchen?" - Page 10 122613

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Today was whatever container (s) fall out of the fridge, is what you eat.

DD came over, and dragged up from the basement reefer, the ham in a bag, and the turkey in another bag.
Naturally, I get the dagger eye's to slice the ham and turkey.
OK!... nice sloppy fat slices, and smashed slices of the turkey: and all left on the big cutting board. haaaaaaaaaaaaa

Tina made her turkey grease soup. She asked me to strain it, and just put back the carrots. The meat was all scraps and neck shreds,,,,so she said trash it.
Now comes the p _ ss off.

Son and DIL come to get the turkey soup to take home, and I hear,?? Where is the soup??
I said, "I Have No Clue!""""""

They find it where DD put it on the back porch, and they ready to get some to take home, and then....""""Where is the meat??" .... I said,"Mom said trash it!... DIL Is like...wtheck..."what is this carrot soup??" ..... The didn't want it, and Tina said, go down and get the turkey breast, and we can cut that in cubes and now at least there will be meat in the soup!..............

I gave a big "YESSSSSSSSS"..... with a fist gesture underneath the table; out of site! Haaaaa

SEEeee..... Too Lazy to get the meat downstairs. Well Guess what?? I could care less!
It Is what it IS!

bethk

bethk
Admin

Well, looking on the bright side, Jimmy....

At least the turkey meat will be out of the house as well.

I don't like leftovers. If they get removed from the refrigerator and someone will eat them, well, all the better for me. The only thing we seem to eat, as leftovers, are the salads - like the Waldorf Salad or the Orange Jello Cabbage, Carrot & Pineapple salad.

Darn ~ now I'm thinkin' I really need to make one of those just for me. (I wasn't hungry for 'em until YOU brought up the subject......thanks ~ for nothin' ! lol)

Barbara101

Barbara101

Got rid of all the food I made lately.So today will be fresh made something. Not really in the mode for anything ,just yet.

65` today so maybe a grilled steak & a big ole double stuffed tator.

bethk

bethk
Admin

I made a cherry crostada for friend Bill's birthday present today, well, that and a big jar of his favorite pickled beets. His birthday was Christmas day so I intentionally waited a couple days to take food gifts over for him....

And since I didn't feel like cooking anything else I stopped and picked up some Chinese for my supper...nothing outstanding but tasty all the same.

Barbara101

Barbara101

DECEMBER 2013;"What's Cooking In The Kitchen?" - Page 10 1236772_10200319269771796_2079421039_n-1

surf & turf lol sortof..

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Wow! Great Surf & Turf.

Had a roast beef pannini Tina picked up at Piggy's Deli. It was bland, and needed salt while it cooked. A salad was OK... and that was it. Tina is finishing the turkey and stuffing. She can have it.

I can't wait for more room in the refrigerators.

Barbara101

Barbara101

DECEMBER 2013;"What's Cooking In The Kitchen?" - Page 10 Beef-kebabs

Dinner on the ready.Grilling today.Pushing 70`

bethk

bethk
Admin

gorgeous. better than a hunk 'o steak....'cause it's so much pretty color.

Are you having it with a rice or orzo or a salad?

Barbara101

Barbara101

Have not got that far lol Rice or orzo would be good.

NormM

NormM

We had pan fried strip steak for dinner last night too.  With it was an Ina recipe for Parmesan Roasted Broccoli which I had planned to make on Christmas but didn't and some new potatoes with seasoned oil and herbs.  I don't remember the flavorings on the potatoes because they were store bought pre-cooked. I just reheated them in the Microwave.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

It's a toss up between a nice fillet steak, and Philly cheese steaks.

Lunch today, Tina made ham / 12 bean / and barley soup.

It was good, but there were these little yellow beans that were hard. hmmmm? Question 

bethk

bethk
Admin

I had planned to make some cod tonight but ended up shopping at some consignment stores with Barb as she's looking for a corner desk to put her computer on.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Tina is wishing for a big mac.
She is on her way to get some burgers and fry's
at Micky D's

Barbara101

Barbara101

by the time she gets home,your burger will be smushed.Your fries cold. DECEMBER 2013;"What's Cooking In The Kitchen?" - Page 10 1838020472

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:by the time she gets home,your burger will be smushed.Your fries cold. DECEMBER 2013;"What's Cooking In The Kitchen?" - Page 10 1838020472

It wasn't worth it.
$12.00 for two bacon Mcdoubles $1.00 each with coupon
Large Fries...
One Big Mac for Tina.

What a Rip Off...and the fries stunk like old oil that fish was fried in.

No More We Said.

I was not feeling well and Tina had a pain in her back, so none of us felt like cooking.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Today was a lazy day. My head hurts from I guess the tooth extraction. Plus my head feels like a sponge, and the sinuses are blocked. Grrrrr.

Today is GD's 21rst Birthday, and so Sn and DIL and Tina and DD and her BF, are going to Morristown at a place called the Grasshopper. An Irish pub near the green (center plaza ) for some drinks and dinner. I opted out, and so I will stay home and stay quiet after popping a few pain pills.

Tina and DIL's mom will come back home after the dinner, but the rest are going to a few different bars in the town for just a good time. Sherrie DIL won't drink and alcohol....and DD's BF won't either, but maybe  beer and a wine. We shall see what goes!!

Tina cooked a small pot of tomato sauce, with pork neck bones and meatballs.
I just tried a meatball, and she did a great job. Can't eat with this darn headache, so I guess tomorrow or maybe way later tonight. Have to play it by ear. LOL

Barbara101

Barbara101

DECEMBER 2013;"What's Cooking In The Kitchen?" - Page 10 Jam

Jambalaya ..aka fancy name for sausage & rice..

bethk

bethk
Admin

Oh, goodness, Barb....I have some jambalaya in the freezer ~ I add a few fresh shrimp to mine. Take a guess what's gonna be on my menu real soon! (copy cat, copy cat, copy cat Beth!)

But tonight I cut my cod filet into fingers, dusted it with corn flour, drizzled on some buttermilk, then a bit more corn flour to just give a very light coating...deep fried. French fries along side with the last potato in the pantry.

DECEMBER 2013;"What's Cooking In The Kitchen?" - Page 10 122913

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum