Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013

+6
UNCLE JIMMY
cookingirl
Crybaby
NormM
Barbara101
bethk
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 12]

51What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 3 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 Sat May 11, 2013 9:06 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

no it is the one I had. bought it last fall when the bbq stuff went on sale.I also just use a CI skillet.

I have a flat one too.I like this one better.

What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 3 Grilledsteakstirfry425a

52What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 3 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 Sat May 11, 2013 9:17 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 3 944806_531358410243196_159263152_n

as planned steak for me,hot dogs for the boy.plus I threw on some legs.
I did make potato salad for him.

Looks good Barbara! ... That veggie SS Basket, is it easy to clean? Tina said we have one someplace!

Like, Yeah Right! I'm gonna go searching for it with my safety gear and miners lamp! hahaha I don't think so!

53What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 3 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 Sat May 11, 2013 9:21 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

yes. I just rinse it out.I have not made anything sticky in it tho lol then it would go in the dishwasher.

54What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 3 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 Sun May 12, 2013 7:19 pm

cookingirl

cookingirl

Had grilled chicken, asparagus and-----Da DAAAH........the spaghetti squash!

So good... my new food find this week!

Absolutely love it. Funny thing, the entire meal was so filling and on weight watchers it does not have many points....gotta get back on track..I am way tooo fat!!
It was protein, veggies and the oil and butter I added (not much)

55What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 3 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 Sun May 12, 2013 8:00 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Way to go, Cyn! Your meal sounds absolutely perfect on the WW plan. Sometimes it's tough but you can't change what was, you can only plan for what will be. And you're back on track so that's wonderful.

I didn't know what I wanted. Nothing sounded good. So, I ended up putting the last couple hot dogs on the grill and made a salad ~ the rest of the avacado & the little bit of tomato & onion & lettuce I had left-over from my taco salad yesterday.

I do love avacado with basalmic. The chopped romaine I just seasoned with a bit of s&p and a splash of the basalmic and evoo. It never has a very pretty color (unless I use the white basalmic) but it sure does taste good. And I'm assured of "feeling full" with a half avacado.

What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 3 051213

56What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 3 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 Sun May 12, 2013 8:07 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 3 943396_4943455628915_1456582019_n

NOT going to Outback on Mothers Day. so I grilled my own dinner. What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 3 1297124391

57What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 3 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 Sun May 12, 2013 8:18 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

YUM ** YUM ** YUM !!!!!

It looks amazingly good.

I thought I was satisfied with my hot dogs and avacado......

NOW I WANT CRAB !!!!

I just have to tell myself you are my inspiration for another day.

I can have it ~ just not today. I WILL have it ~ just not today.....lol

I can't imagine going out to eat today. I remember when our girls tried to talk their dad into going to a buffet (ugh! he knew I really didn't like a buffet) ~ the prices were sky high and neither of our girls ate more than 8 oz. in TOTAL when they went out to eat. He'd usually convince them to just make a cake for me. lol

58What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 3 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 Mon May 13, 2013 12:31 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Goshus Omally Gee....

All that food sounds good, and looks great. Nice Crabbie BBquie Barbara.

Now I want Crab. I do have crab cakes frozen that my Niece sent me from Maryland. I ate way way too much today. I mean, come on.......two pieces of cake, and two pieces of cheese cake.

I blew the heck out of the diet today. Problem is, I ate and stretched my stomach so much, that I am getting Hungry again.

The bigger than the belly shirt even feels tight tonight.

Dinner and celebration went great. I had everything ready to serve hot at 6:00 PM.

The special canoli I had shipped from Boston was a disaster. Out of the 10 shells..5 of them were crushed into cracker crumbs, and one was chipped open. The shipping outside box was not damaged, but they put the heavy bag of the filling and nuts etc. right on top of the shells. Not a good thing.

The problem is, the cardboard box with the shells is just one of those like the bakery uses to pack a cake to take with like the string wrapped and tied with a bow on top.

I got some pics I will post as soon as I get them out of the camera. After everyone left, Tina said there are no lights in the bathroom. Just a few outlets and that bathroom have no power.

I started looking, but being so darn full, I don't feel like crawling and bending like a fat oaf all around the house and garage. Tomorrow is another day.

59What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 3 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 Mon May 13, 2013 7:45 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

Jimmy, why are you not making them yourself.?? I make mine . I used to make the shells too. But now I don't go to the trouble.

When I lived in Baltimore,my neighbors where from Boston & he would go on business trips all the time. he would bring back some sort of bread you can only get there.Plus he would bring back chinese food lol lol

that crab was totally last minute spur of the moment purchase.First off I had no idea how to grill them & I don't like to pick my food. Crying or Very sad

But it worked out..

60What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 3 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 Mon May 13, 2013 9:12 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Barbara101 wrote:

that crab was totally last minute spur of the moment purchase.First off I had no idea how to grill them & I don't like to pick my food. Crying or Very sad

But it worked out..

So, give me some hints for doing the same on my gas grill, please.

Did you just put the frozen crab legs on the grill? I know they are already cooked so all you have to do is reheat.

Did the shells stay dry enough so you could just snap in half and remove the meat?

Help me out here, Barb, 'cause I want to go and get some crab for my supper tonight!

and I do know any fish is great to eat and high in protein....it's that butter we tend to dip each bite into. But the butter's not all that necessary to me as the good taste of the crab legs.

61What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 3 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 Mon May 13, 2013 9:24 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

I bought them not frozen.I put oil on the grill grates so they wouldn't stick. I just put them on. turned them over in about 5 minutes.the meat looked white so I guessed they must be done.

62What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 3 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 Mon May 13, 2013 9:35 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:
I blew the heck out of the diet today. Problem is, I ate and stretched my stomach so much, that I am getting Hungry again.

[/b]

Jimmy - a suggestion that might help.

First of all, drop the word "diet" from your vocabulary. Think of your new eating plan. Think of portion control.

I mean, "diet" has a base word of "die", doesn't it? (OK, OK ~ I KNOW that's not the base word, but there is the word D*I*E in the word diet....lol)

and something that has really helped me is something my daughter said to me when she gave me some suggestions on how to get around the temptation of always wanting high carb foods when I was making an effort to avoid what I think of as my all essential starch items: potatoes, rice, pasta, BREADS.

She said to just tell myself I COULD have any of those things ~ just NOT TODAY.

For some reason, that really stuck with me. I know the quickest way for me to make a special run to the store is to think to myself I MUST NOT eat a certain food. Usually, for me, that's bread. Fresh bakery bread. WITH butter. But if I tell myself I CAN have a piece of bread, just not today, then it's OK and I've avoided it for one more day. I can't guarantee I won't find a crust on someone's plate that I will inhale as I walk past their table in a restaurant tomorrow, but at least I've avoided the high carbs today.

63What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 3 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 Mon May 13, 2013 12:47 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

I love that, Beth! I'm going to try that one out!

64What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 3 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 Mon May 13, 2013 1:57 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

[color=green]oh my.. lot of good foods here... yum2

Beth.. I try your suggestion
I COULD have any of those things ~ just NOT TODAY. Wink and it works well

I don't know what's for dinner yet, but I saw an ads from Cooking.com a recipe for chicken and rice salad with pesto and yogurt dressing, I might try it, I still have some brown rice and some leftover baked chicken... I've never made pesto and I don't think I ever ate it yet, so we'll see, I might substitute it with some other sauce / dressing

65What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 3 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 Mon May 13, 2013 2:36 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:

Jimmy, why are you not making them yourself.?? I make mine . I used to make the shells too. But now I don't go to the trouble.

When I lived in Baltimore,my neighbors where from Boston & he would go on business trips all the time. he would bring back some sort of bread you can only get there.Plus he would bring back chinese food lol lol

But it worked out..
What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 3 2787578702 [b]Barbara... its a kids thing.
Jim jr. is SOoooooo Fussy (Thanks to his both Grandma's) it sometimes gets to the point that I want to say,"Do you want your baby blanket so you can rub the silk edge to fall asleep?" ....
He loves corn. He will only eat Green Giant Shoepeg corn. he was on the Canned Cut Green beans, but when the "School Boy" Brand was no longer available, he then no longer ate beans. He WILL NOT Eat greens, tomatoes, onions, nuts of no kind; will eat no lunchmeats with the exception of Liverworst, and that must be Shickhouse Brand. He is a Meat (Beef only ) and potatoes with gravy kid. He will eat Italian meat balls and sausage and spaghetti (Angel Hair only).

He has stomach and bowels issues for many years, and thye gastro Dr. told him to eat vegetables and greens, but he refuses to even try them, and still suffers with pain and all the problems with digestive health.

He is a Sports Fanatic, and his two fav are the Bruins, and the Red Sox. Strangly his football team is the Saints.

We make and buy cannoli, and I make a great filling. Not Sweet, but creamy.
Still....He is a fan of Boston, and when he goes there for home games, he just loves pastries from Mikes Pastry Shop in Boston.

Believe me....those cannoli and a 50.00 gift card from Macy's was his Birthday Gift from Mom and Dad!

Sorry for the OT

66What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 3 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 Mon May 13, 2013 2:49 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:
UNCLE JIMMY wrote:

[/b]

Jimmy - a suggestion that might help.

First of all, drop the word "diet" from your vocabulary. Think of your new eating plan. Think of portion control.

I mean, "diet" has a base word of "die", doesn't it? (OK, OK ~ I KNOW that's not the base word, but there is the word D*I*E in the word diet....lol)

and something that has really helped me is something my daughter said to me when she gave me some suggestions on how to get around the temptation of always wanting high carb foods when I was making an effort to avoid what I think of as my all essential starch items: potatoes, rice, pasta, BREADS.

For some reason, that really stuck with me. I know the quickest way for me to make a special run to the store is to think to myself I MUST NOT eat a certain food. Usually, for me, that's bread. Fresh bakery bread. WITH butter. But if I tell myself I CAN have a piece of bread, just not today, then it's OK and I've avoided it for one more day. I can't guarantee I won't find a crust on someone's plate that I will inhale as I walk past their table in a restaurant tomorrow, but at least I've avoided the high carbs today.

OMG... That is so funny. I could just picture us in a Diner, and you as a waitress, and as you pass by our table, we would hover over our food to protect it from the Friendly Waitress theft of food Attack! Haaaaaaaaa lol!

When I went to school, we were tought the word Diet, was not the meaning of losing weight. We were taught to say," I am on a weight LOSS diet... or... I am on a weight GAIN Diet. hahahah.... Take a l00K at me, and you could guess it is Gain to the kind of Diet I am on! LOL

OH! I love the ones that say,"I'm Heavy because it's "GLANDULAR"!... I can't lose weight if I tried, as they wolf down that second piece of cake at a sitting! LOL

67What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 3 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 Mon May 13, 2013 3:59 pm

NormM

NormM

I read once that pesto was like God's gift to mankind. I grew a whole slew of basil to make some. I was so disappointed. Maybe I was expecting too much, but

Imelda, my family likes chimichurri a lot better than pesto. Here is a recipe

1 cup packed flat-leaf parsley
1 cup packed fresh mint leaves (or cilantro)
1/3 cup olive oil
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
2 T. coarsely chopped garlic
1 tsp. ground cumin
1/2 tsp. kosher salt

Put parsley, mint, olive oil, lime juice, garlic, jalapeno, cumin and salt in food processor. Process, stopping to scrape bowl as often as needed, until pureed into thick sauce. Taste for seasoning and chill until ready to use.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

68What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 3 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 Mon May 13, 2013 5:21 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

NormM wrote:I read once that pesto was like God's gift to mankind. I grew a whole slew of basil to make some. I was so disappointed. Maybe I was expecting too much, but

Imelda, my family likes chimichurri a lot better than pesto. Here is a recipe

1 cup packed flat-leaf parsley
1 cup packed fresh mint leaves (or cilantro)
1/3 cup olive oil
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
2 T. coarsely chopped garlic
1 tsp. ground cumin
1/2 tsp. kosher salt

Put parsley, mint, olive oil, lime juice, garlic, jalapeno, cumin and salt in food processor. Process, stopping to scrape bowl as often as needed, until pureed into thick sauce. Taste for seasoning and chill until ready to use.

thank you Norm... let's see what we have in our backyard.. or I'll need a trip to the store later Smile

69What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 3 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 Mon May 13, 2013 7:45 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 3 Photo-35-e1343866050677-225x300

spinach salad.grilled chicken breast on top.some leftover lame blueberries.wilted strawberries. walnuts.bottled Paul Newman Raspberry dressing.

I join Norm with I do not like pesto. affraid

70What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 3 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 Mon May 13, 2013 8:56 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Barb - Love that salad. Looks a lot like the one I'm craving from Panera's...grilled chicken and lots of fruits.

And, yes, Jimmy ~ If I were your waitress (and it's a job I loved!) I would yank your plate right out from in front of you and tell you, "well, YOU'RE done!" lol

I had planned on doing crab legs tonight but ending up going shopping with Lyn most of the morning & afternoon. Then we met her husband at a restaurant for a drink & dinner. What a pleasant way to spend a day.

It's fun to go shopping with her because she likes to buy and I like to look. I did end up buying a pint jar of coconut oil at TJ Maxx ~ great stuff as a moisturizer for dry skin. And it has no fragrance so it doesn't make me cough from fragrance alergy. If you buy food grade coconut oil it's the same as what they sell in the up scale department stores for $18 for 4 oz. I paid $5.35 for a pint of the stuff. Saw a segment on The Today Show, they said it was good as a skin moisturizer, makeup remover and some other benefits. All I know is it works good, keeps my dry skin softer than without and has no smelly side effects.

71What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 3 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 Mon May 13, 2013 10:48 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

I made that rice salad for my DH, he was exhausted by the time he got home, his legs were sore, and he was starving... so this was a quick meal for him, I was in the middle of processing the sauce when he got home, I picked whatever I could recognize, and I got them right, mints, parsley.. I added some plain yogurt, mixed into the sauce, and I picked some fresh spinach too.. I think he likes it because he finished the whole big plate ( either that or he was really starving Laughing lol!

What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 3 DSCN5467

for myself.. I enjoyed eating this very much, without guilty feeling, baked spicy white bass wrapped in banana leaf... it was one of my comfort foods Smile

What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 3 DSCN5473

72What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 3 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 Mon May 13, 2013 10:52 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

bethk wrote:Barb - Love that salad. Looks a lot like the one I'm craving from Panera's...grilled chicken and lots of fruits.

And, yes, Jimmy ~ If I were your waitress (and it's a job I loved!) I would yank your plate right out from in front of you and tell you, "well, YOU'RE done!" lol

I had planned on doing crab legs tonight but ending up going shopping with Lyn most of the morning & afternoon. Then we met her husband at a restaurant for a drink & dinner. What a pleasant way to spend a day.

It's fun to go shopping with her because she likes to buy and I like to look. I did end up buying a pint jar of coconut oil at TJ Maxx ~ great stuff as a moisturizer for dry skin. And it has no fragrance so it doesn't make me cough from fragrance alergy. If you buy food grade coconut oil it's the same as what they sell in the up scale department stores for $18 for 4 oz. I paid $5.35 for a pint of the stuff. Saw a segment on The Today Show, they said it was good as a skin moisturizer, makeup remover and some other benefits. All I know is it works good, keeps my dry skin softer than without and has no smelly side effects.

Beth.. you got a good deal for your coconut oil... can you use it for cooking too? my neighbor uses it too, for everything, even for tending her dog's wound

73What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 3 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 Tue May 14, 2013 12:39 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Imelda HL wrote:I made that rice salad for my DH, he was exhausted by the time he got home, his legs were sore, and he was starving... so this was a quick meal for him, I was in the middle of processing the sauce when he got home, I picked whatever I could recognize, and I got them right, mints, parsley.. I added some plain yogurt, mixed into the sauce, and I picked some fresh spinach too.. I think he likes it because he finished the whole big plate ( either that or he was really starving Laughing lol!

What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 3 DSCN5467

for myself.. I enjoyed eating this very much, without guilty feeling, baked spicy white bass wrapped in banana leaf... it was one of my comfort foods Smile

What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 3 DSCN5473

Looks great! That is a nice fish! Where is the head? Question Did Hubby eat it?? hahaha

74What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 3 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 Tue May 14, 2013 12:55 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 3 Spaghettimeat003
Tina made a tomato sauce with veal and pork cubes / sausage / and meatballs.

What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 3 Spaghettimeat001

Gave a bunch to son and DIL.

It was good! Nice and thick sauce. She made angel hair with it. Didn't like the brand of angel hair. Tasted Flat. Tina salted the boiling water too!
Oh! I didn't push it away! I ate two small dishes. Had my hot peppers with it too!

NO BREAD! Grrrrr! Trying the weight loss.

75What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 3 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 Tue May 14, 2013 1:10 am

Crybaby

Crybaby

He is a Sports Fanatic, and his two fav are the Bruins, and the Red Sox. Strangly his football team is the Saints.

Laughed out loud, Jimmy, at "strangely"... Perhaps being a Saints fan accounts for his stomach and bowel issues!
--From another diehard Saints fan

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum