Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

DECEMBER. 2020 ~ What's going on YOUR table?

+4
NormM
Bugster2
UNCLE JIMMY
bethk
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 11]

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Tuna and spaghetti, toasted bread crumbs with minced garlic, and lemon juice.
Tina had more pigs feet instead, and Lore, there is meat between the toes.
It's a disgusting sight to see her consume them. When she is done, it's a sloppy mess.

DECEMBER. 2020 ~ What's going on YOUR table? - Page 5 Pasta_10

bethk and Imelda HL like this post

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

We eat pig feet too ( with the whole leg), slow braised in soy sauce, so good, my husband eats the leg but not the feet

bethk and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Imelda HL wrote:We eat pig feet too ( with the whole leg), slow braised in soy sauce, so good, my husband eats the leg but not the feet

Imelda....My mom and dad made it with the Ears. feet, tails, lips, and snoots, ( nose ). They kept it in a big 5 gallon crock, in the cold cellar.
The vinegar kept it from spoilage.
...........It was very scary !!!...

bethk likes this post

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Supper was tuna with toasted bread crumbs with minced garlic
and lemon juice with spaghetti.

DECEMBER. 2020 ~ What's going on YOUR table? - Page 5 Pasta_11

bethk likes this post

Cookin Lore

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:Tuna and spaghetti, toasted bread crumbs with minced garlic, and lemon juice.
Tina had more pigs feet instead, and Lore, there is meat between the toes.
It's a disgusting sight to see her consume them. When she is done, it's a sloppy mess.

DECEMBER. 2020 ~ What's going on YOUR table? - Page 5 Pasta_10

I have said many times that I can eat or at least try anything, ONCE, but when I hear (or read) from someone that I think is into food/eating say that something is disgusting, think I'll pass on the pigs feet. But, I suppose it all depends on how hungry I would be. LOL

bethk likes this post

Bugster2

Bugster2

I would try the feet but stop at the snouts and ears. Seeing those parts made into dog chews is enough reason for me not to eat them.

Bugster2

Bugster2

Going to grill half a tri tip and try my meat slicer on it after I chill it. Maybe a twice baked potato and a veggie to go with it.

bethk likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

Two batches of Chex Mix being made today ~ then the packaging & distributing.

UNCLE JIMMY likes this post

Bugster2

Bugster2

I have never had homemade Chex mix. Is it really any good? I need to put on some weight so maybe I could make a batch.

bethk

bethk
Admin

It's really good ~ and you can 'customize' it to make it how you like it.

I don't care for the wheat chex so I leave it out.  I can no longer find the little pumpernicel chips I loved so now I sub in some broken Stacy's bagel chips.  I use the mixed nuts that have very little peanuts, break up the pretzels and add more of the butter/worsterschire sauce/seasoning.

Oh, LQQK~ Dane's 'test bowl' is empty already!  LOL

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Supposed to be taco's today, but DD is on the roll baking cookies. I'm gonna suggest Chinese take out. or..... just go with the tacos.

bethk likes this post

Cookin Lore

Son, and DIL brought lunch, Wendy's Spicy Ranch chicken sandwich and fries for me, Same for Danny, Lisa had a baked potato and chicken strips.   Fun lunch, simple.  Lisa is kinda hard to buy a present for I never know what she would actually use, so I sort of cheat.  With this pandemic keeping us all home etc., I have been crocheting scarves.  Just using up what I have.  So far, I have 12 ready and showed them all to her just to pick.  She did love a grey one, and wore it home.  That's much better than me trying to pick something.  I'm happy.

Oh, and cooking?  For supper, I found a dish in my freezer that I think is a stew. It's been in there for a while. Surprise dinner! LOL

Bugster2

Bugster2

bethk wrote:It's really good ~ and you can 'customize' it to make it how you like it.

I don't care for the wheat chex so I leave it out.  I can no longer find the little pumpernicel chips I loved so now I sub in some broken Stacy's bagel chips.  I use the mixed nuts that have very little peanuts, break up the pretzels and add more of the butter/worsterschire sauce/seasoning.

Is it better than the store bought Chex mix?

bethk

bethk
Admin

Bugster2 wrote:
bethk wrote:It's really good ~ and you can 'customize' it to make it how you like it.

Is it better than the store bought Chex mix?

It's subjective ~ Personally, yes, I do like it better than the packaged kind. But you might find it disgusting.....all a matter of personal taste.

bethk

bethk
Admin

I made a Korean BBQ glazed pork tenderloin, sweet potato fries & lima beans.

I think I finally got the sweet potato fries the way we like them ~ not as good as deep fried, but for oven fries they were pretty good and we both ate our fair share. I peeled & cut into about 1/4" fries, sprinkled & tossed with a bit of corn starch and then a good douse of olive oil. I spread them in a single layer on a parchment lined sheet pan. Roasted at 450° for about 20 minutes and then turned them and turned on the convection at 475° for another 15 minutes, stirring them once or twice as I smelled them.

They crisped up and got a bit darker after I took them out of the oven. Next time I'll try to pull them sooner.

DECEMBER. 2020 ~ What's going on YOUR table? - Page 5 12_13_11

Cookin Lore

That sure looks better than what is warming up in my pot. Leftover stew that's been frozen for God only knows how long! LOL

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:
Imelda HL wrote:We eat pig feet too ( with the whole leg), slow braised in soy sauce, so good, my husband eats the leg but not the feet

Imelda....My mom and dad made it with the Ears. feet, tails, lips, and snoots, ( nose ). They kept it in a big 5 gallon crock, in the cold cellar.
The vinegar kept it from spoilage.
...........It was very scary !!!...

Yeah, the ears are so good if you cook them right, so crunchy, the tongue, the blood, I ate them before, pork heart is really good too. Asian stores sell them fresh

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

Run out of idea what to cook, today I cooked copycat Toscana Soup, I used milk, no cream, so it was not really rich, I baked some Peasant bread, I sliced it and slathered with butter then toasted it, then added some garlic powder and salt, it was so good

DECEMBER. 2020 ~ What's going on YOUR table? - Page 5 13108710
DECEMBER. 2020 ~ What's going on YOUR table? - Page 5 13131510

bethk

bethk
Admin

The Zuppa Toscana soup doesn't have to be thick or rich. I've made it for my cousin when she was on Weight Watchers to loose weight and I used canned non-fat evaporated milk. It was thin but there was definitely enough 'milk' to make it feel good when you tasted it.

And I'm sure your bread was wonderful ~ you are such a fabulous baker!

UNCLE JIMMY and Imelda HL like this post

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

It was leftover sloppy Joes from the other day.
Tina actually made me a Celentano frozen eggplant parm dinner, and it was horrible. The eggplant was crunchy and leathery.

bethk likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

From Lore:

"Just a simple piece of rainbow trout baked in the oven with garlic, thyme, oregano and pepper. And plain steamed broccoli with butter and salt. Yumm!"

DECEMBER. 2020 ~ What's going on YOUR table? - Page 5 12_14_12

bethk

bethk
Admin

Golly, Gee.......when I got the email from Lori was when I realized I forgot to post my burger pic ((not like you've not seen THIS one a hundred times before.....))

LOL

DECEMBER. 2020 ~ What's going on YOUR table? - Page 5 12_14_13

Bugster2

Bugster2

I used my new meat slicer on a hunk of cold cooked tri tip. It did a great job shaving and slicing the meat. It is also easy to clean. I am a happy camper.

I made Chex Mix for the first time today. It tastes nothing like the the pre-seasoned bags you can buy in the store. It is good. Got a ton of leftover cereal. Maybe I will use up the rest for the neighbors if they trust us not to give them Covid.

Just found out my nephew and his fiance will be getting their vaccinations on Wednesday. They are doctors and also our guinea pigs LOL.

Cookin Lore

bethk wrote:Golly, Gee.......when I got the email from Lori was when I realized I forgot to post my burger pic ((not like you've not seen THIS one a hundred times before.....))

LOL

DECEMBER. 2020 ~ What's going on YOUR table? - Page 5 12_14_13

That burger looks soooo good. My son and DIL brought me a Wendy's burger (spicy ranch) on Sunday for lunch. That was the first time they have been at my place since tis COVID hit here!

I think a burger on a bun is truly the BEST American invention! When Hubby and I were married back in the dark ages, we went to Germany at Christmas. (1962) HIs brother lived in Berlin, and in January they used to (maybe still do) have a huge market there in a convention center. Market was called "Die Gruene Woche". The Green week...................... it was all about food, agriculture etc.. The US introduced a burger on a bun there. The lineups were unbelievable. The Germans ate them up like the great invention they are.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Yes, Lore, a burger ~ well seasoned and cooked to your desired doneness ~ on a charcoal grill is indeed a wonderful thing. Rates right up there with a perfectly roasted chicken (which I personally think is the greatest meal ever!).

As you know, I often just serve my grilled burgers without a bun. BUT when we do have a bun I want a GOOD bun. Like last night's brioche buns, lightly buttered and toasted over the coals. I try to let them cool just a bit before putting on the burger so they have a chance to 'crisp' over and support that juicy burger.

And as you always have horseradish on your meat, MINE isn't complete without onion ~ and lots of it!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum