Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

DECEMBER 2019, What's cooking this month??

+3
Bugster2
Cookin Lore
UNCLE JIMMY
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 12]

bethk

bethk
Admin

NormM wrote:Not too long ago there was an article that mentioned Kansas City before cars. Everyone who didn't walk, had a horse and the amount of horse poop in the streets per day amounted to several tons and you can imagine the aroma around town.  When I was young, the street car went from KCK to KCMo on a bridge over the stock yards and the smell from that was horrible.  I imagine horse poop was almost as bad, but more spread out.

I also read that when KCMo had its first car crash between two cars, there were only two cars in Kansas City at the time.

My grandfather's feed lot for cattle was so STINKY! And in the summer the flies were awful.

Pretty funny about the car crash ~ and all before there were bodyshops around to tow them to! Hahahahahaha!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Tina mommy was shopping for the church soup kitchen this morning.
I know she bought some goodies.
Bean soup shurely sounds good Beth!

bethk

bethk
Admin

I just tasted the bean soup and added the kale.

I think I'll name it my Good Luck New Year's Bean Soup!

That's because Dane is really lucky I decided to make it!  (it's really good ~ I can only imagine how good it will be after it gets cooled down and reheated for tomorrow's supper)

I just checked and I have a box of Jiffy Mix Cornbread in the pantry.  That'll be a perfect side to a steamy bowl of soup.

OK, soup is done. Time to cool it down in a sink full of icy water so I can package it, finish cooling it down in the refrigerator and then find a spot for it in the freezer.

DECEMBER 2019, What's cooking this month?? - Page 12 12_31_10

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Looks tasty Beth! .....

bethk

bethk
Admin

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:Looks tasty Beth! .....

thanks, Jimmy ~ I ended up with 8 - 16 oz. containers for the freezer and soup for tomorrow's supper. Everything is in the refrigerator and will get stashed in the freezer tomorrow after it's completely cooled.

Bugster2

Bugster2

Why would you put your spices in the garage attic? Don't you need them for cooking?

bethk

bethk
Admin

Bugster2 wrote:Why would you put your spices in the garage attic? Don't you need them for cooking?

They're starting our 'whole house' renovation on Monday. We have to move EVERYTHING out so they can scrape the ceilings, put in new countertops, floors, etc.

I'm going to be grouchy for the next 8 - 10 weeks.....

"Warning, Will Robinson, WARNING !!!"

bethk

bethk
Admin

Pork tenderloin, baked sweet potato & green beans. It's what was for supper tonight......

DECEMBER 2019, What's cooking this month?? - Page 12 12_31_11

Cookin Lore

Nothing exciting going on here tonight. Took my sis to the emergency because she had a bad reaction to some of her meds. So, after she was OK, we went out for a late lunch, early supper, or LUPPER as I like to call it. I had a really good Fettuccini Jambalaya. Half the portion is now in my freezer for another day. No wonder people are getting fatter. Restaurant portions are often way too big.

For tomorrow I have invited two neighbours in my building for dinner. Making Salmon Wellington, Haaselback potatoes, oven roasted asparagus, and a simple cucumber and onion salad. One neighbour is bringing dessert.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Nice meal for the neighbors. How lucky can they be, having Lore cooking for them.

Bugster2

Bugster2

bethk wrote:
Bugster2 wrote:Why would you put your spices in the garage attic? Don't you need them for cooking?

They're starting our 'whole house' renovation on Monday.  We have to move EVERYTHING out so they can scrape the ceilings, put in new countertops, floors, etc.

I'm going to be grouchy for the next 8 - 10 weeks.....

"Warning, Will Robinson, WARNING !!!"

Of course! How nice to have your house redone! It will be like new.

So, what color are your kitchen cabinets going to be?

Any predominate color scheme in the house?

New baths too?

Carpet and flooring?

It took 2.5 years to have my sister's house to get remodeled. She was lucky. She was still living in her old house across the bay. They could watch the house. They still had a thief break in and also found some teens inside up to no good. The trouble is, you kinda have to live on the premises while the work is being done to prevent theft. My neighbors had their whole house redone, inside and out. While the work was being done, a crane came and put a trailer in their backyard that they lived in. I have seen house flippers load the garage with cabinets, tubs etc. only to arrive for work the next to find everything gone. It may be a royal PITA but it pays off in the end.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Had 1/2 a Meatball Sub from WaWa. Tina got sick eating hers.
DD was cooking today for her man Lenny, and 2 workers. They are working in Philly tomorrow!
2 more hours or so, we will heat up the cheese for nachos and cheese.

Bugster2

Bugster2

Cookin Lore wrote:Nothing exciting going on here tonight.  Took my sis to the emergency because she had a bad reaction to some of her meds.  So, after she was OK, we went out for a late lunch, early supper, or LUPPER as I like to call it.   I had a really good Fettuccini Jambalaya.  Half the portion is now in my freezer for another day.  No wonder people are getting fatter.  Restaurant portions are often way too big.

For tomorrow I have invited two neighbours in my building for dinner.  Making Salmon Wellington, Haaselback potatoes, oven roasted asparagus, and a simple cucumber and onion salad.  One neighbour is bringing dessert.  

You are a brave person. I would be afraid my Wellington would be a soggy mess. Do you also put other things into the crust?

Bugster2

Bugster2

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:Had 1/2 a Meatball Sub from WaWa. Tina got sick eating hers.
DD was cooking today for her man Lenny, and 2 workers. They are working in Philly tomorrow!

Maybe Tina is eating too much in one sitting. Perhaps if she grazed all day it would help.

Katie's niece is a code enforcement officer for the city of Pasadena. She has to go along the parade route and make sure there are no tents, couches. Propane only for bbq's and heating. There was one lady who was irate that she had to take down her tent. She said she had a 3 month old baby that she had to keep warm, breast feed and diaper and needed the tent. The city makes no exceptions. What was that lady thinking bringing a 3 month old out overnight on the parade route? Well, the lady started screamimg and an arresting officer had to be called. You don't bring a 3 month old out in the cold overnight, tent or no tent. Then another woman was in her car and thought it was her turn to go. The niece stopped her while opposite trffic was being let through. This woman actually hit her with her car. Another arrest. There are a lot of crazies out there.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:
UNCLE JIMMY wrote:Had 1/2 a Meatball Sub from WaWa. Tina got sick eating hers.

Maybe Tina is eating too much in one sitting. Perhaps if she grazed all day it would help.

Katie's niece is a code enforcement officer for the city of Pasadena. She has to go along the parade route and make sure there are no tents, couches. Propane only for bbq's and heating. There was one lady who was irate that she had to take down her tent. She said she had a 3 month old baby that she had to keep warm, breast feed and diaper and needed the tent. The city makes no exceptions. What was that lady thinking bringing a 3 month old out overnight on the parade route? Well, the lady started screamimg and an arresting officer had to be called. You don't bring a 3 month old out in the cold overnight, tent or no tent. Then another woman was in her car and thought it was her turn to go. The niece stopped her while opposite trffic was being let through. This woman actually hit her with her car. Another arrest. There are a lot of crazies out there.

Debbie, Tina had one bite of the meatball. It got stuck in her stomach.
15 more minutes, and it will me 2020 here on the east coast.
Someone is shooting off fireworks......
Happy new year to All!....

Bugster2

Bugster2

I am sorry about Tina. Does her stomach need to be stretched again? It is a shame having trouble eating all of the time. That's no fun.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:I am sorry about Tina. Does her stomach need to be stretched again? It is a shame having trouble eating all of the time. That's no fun.

Yep! .... Stomach needs a stretching again.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

We are having the little pork loin roast for supper tonight.

bethk

bethk
Admin

December, 2019 is CLOSED.....New Year, New Month, New Thread.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum