Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

December 2017, What's for Dinner ?

+4
Bugster2
NormM
bethk
UNCLE JIMMY
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 11]

251December 2017, What's for Dinner ? - Page 11 Empty Re: December 2017, What's for Dinner ? Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:16 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:I started to go to the store yesterday and got half a block before I realized I had a flat tire.  I parked in the driveway and got in the truck.  Dead battery.  Somebody had left the glove box open and the light in it drained the battery.  I have a battery charger but it was dead too and took a couple hours to get it charged. It was way too cold to take off the tire and I did the least shopping I needed to.  Charlie said he'd take off the tire and get it fixed or changed but would do it today since it was too cold.  I went to K Mart and got some groceries and a pair of jeans.  The jeans was a size smaller than I usually get and they fit !Smile   Charlie had taken off the tire by the time I got back and today is even colder than yesterday. It was brutal just walking into the store from the parking lot.  Charlie took the tire to Walmart but the tire needs to be changed and they said it would be a week before they could get one. Charlie said there was a 5 hour line waiting for tires. He took it to a Firestone across the street and they can't fix it until tomorrow.  We had Chinese take out for supper. I plan a rib roast for tomorrow and ham hock for New Years.

Never fails....always in the cold the car takes a fit.
One good thing....It's close to home.
We had an episode today.... Tina went to the butcher meat market this morning, and called me and said,"The screen on the car says, Battery Low....Conveniences turned off!" ( meaning the heated seats / and the cd player ) or anything that draws unnecessary power.

It started....but was only 12VDC which indicated a weak battery. I located a battery and paid for it on line.
My next door neighbor put it in for me. $177.00 total after the 25%
sale code....plus, I flipped the neighbor 50 bucks and a gift card.

You are right Norm. Way too cold to fart around with a car.

252December 2017, What's for Dinner ? - Page 11 Empty Re: December 2017, What's for Dinner ? Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:28 am

NormM

NormM

I fit into a smaller pair of pants. It all evened out. LOL

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

253December 2017, What's for Dinner ? - Page 11 Empty Re: December 2017, What's for Dinner ? Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:04 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Yeah, Norm......on the bright side, you didn't fall and break anything.

(trying to cheer you up)

I don't miss the frigid temperatures one bit. The neighbors here are complaining about how cool it is. But I bet the other 50% of the country would be happier than could be to experiencing temperatures in the 50's and 60's. Me, I'm not complaining at all. Dane is still out golfing just about every morning. I can still wear my flip flops.

No, not complaining at all.

254December 2017, What's for Dinner ? - Page 11 Empty Re: December 2017, What's for Dinner ? Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:15 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:A casserole we call "Mikes Casserole!"  Only because our friend Mike won't eat it.
Plussss! Tina made a chocolate pudding pie, with bananas inside.
I am too full to eat dessert now. Later!

I have pictures of the supper.....

Love the supper pics, Jimmy. Glad to see you're staying with fresh salads ~ pretty good once you get going with them!

Dane makes himself a Greek Salad for his lunch probably 4 days out of 7 ~ he prefers to cut up head lettuce instead of romaine or spring mix. Then he chops and adds cucumber, tomatoes, radishes (if I have any), jarred peppers and some mixed olives/feta that I get for him at the 'olive bar' at the grocery store. He likes the Ken's Steakhouse brand Greek Dressing on it.

Remind me again of what's in Mike's Casserole. I know you've told me but I never retain anything I read......

LOL

255December 2017, What's for Dinner ? - Page 11 Empty Re: December 2017, What's for Dinner ? Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:25 pm

Niagara Visitor

It's nice to read that you fit into a smaller pair of pants, Norm...............I'm afraid that 7 of those 30 pounds I lost last winter have somehow found me again. Darn it all, I tried to hide from them. So, tomorrow it's going to be getting back on that food wagon that I fell off. Way too much eating out lately and the portions are way too big.

Nothing fancy going on today, I am not going anywhere, have taken some shrimp out which I will have with a salad tonight.

256December 2017, What's for Dinner ? - Page 11 Empty Re: December 2017, What's for Dinner ? Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:29 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Well, even IF the meal doesn't bring a great deal of 'Good Luck', it sure was tasty!

The brown basmatti rice came out light and fluffy ~ it's amazing how that can happen when you actually read the directions on the package!

The greens were great, the black eyed peas (beans) on the rice was really flavorful and the pork braised long enough to be fork tender with the fat cooked off. All in all, we were both very happy with the meal.

December 2017, What's for Dinner ? - Page 11 12_31_10

257December 2017, What's for Dinner ? - Page 11 Empty Re: December 2017, What's for Dinner ? Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:53 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I started the 2018 January threads.

258December 2017, What's for Dinner ? - Page 11 Empty Re: December 2017, What's for Dinner ? Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:24 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

NormM wrote:December 2017, What's for Dinner ? - Page 11 20171230

Your meal looks delicious, Norm.

And I like your new photo you posted too!  You look a lot happier in this picture -- younger, too!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum