Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

September 2016, Whats for Dinner??

+5
bethk
Crybaby
Imelda HL
cookingirl
1DomesticGoddess
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 16]

251September 2016, Whats for Dinner?? - Page 11 Empty Re: September 2016, Whats for Dinner?? Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:10 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

One of my husband's employers did the same thing except it was a Porsche. He was buddies with someone at Porsche. One year he ordered a car and Joe and his boss went over to pick it up and drive around Germany for a week. My husband took that car out on the autobahn and got it up to 180mph. Fortunately he had had a lot of training driving sports cars. I almost passed out when I heard how fast he went. Eventually the car was sold to make room for another. My husband had to sell it and I remember getting phone calls and arguing with the callers about the car. When I told them it had been purchased in Germany and driven around they told me that it wasn't legal in CA. Excuse me but it is. It was a car made for CA with all the CA smog stuff on it. Well, they didn't believe it or they didn't believe me. Never again.

252September 2016, Whats for Dinner?? - Page 11 Empty Re: September 2016, Whats for Dinner?? Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:02 pm

Niagara Visitor

I also love driving in Germany and hope to do one more trip there while I am still able to take the driving there. I also have a friend in Spain, and there just might be a road trip to combine the two.

253September 2016, Whats for Dinner?? - Page 11 Empty Re: September 2016, Whats for Dinner?? Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:11 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

I just got a call from my sister. She is on a train somewhere between Prague and Vienna. There is a problem somewhere so they have to just sit there for hours. Hope it isn't a terrorist thing. Can't wait till they come home. I am going crazy here.

254September 2016, Whats for Dinner?? - Page 11 Empty Re: September 2016, Whats for Dinner?? Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:20 pm

Niagara Visitor

[quote="Bugster2"]One of my husband's employers did the same thing except it was a Porsche. He was buddies with someone at Porsche. One year he ordered a car and Joe and his boss went over to pick it up and drive around Germany for a week. My husband took that car out on the autobahn and got it up to 180mph. Fortunately he had had a lot of training driving sports cars. I almost passed out when I heard how fast he went. Eventually the car was sold to make room for another. My husband had to sell it and I remember getting phone calls and arguing with the callers about the car. When I told them it had been purchased in Germany and driven around they told me that it wasn't legal in CA. Excuse me but it is. It was a car made for CA with all the CA smog stuff on it. Well, they didn't believe it or they didn't believe me. Never again.[/quote

Germany is pretty strict regarding emissions. I wouldn't be surprised if theirs are even tighter than California requirements.

255September 2016, Whats for Dinner?? - Page 11 Empty Re: September 2016, Whats for Dinner?? Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:46 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:One of my husband's employers did the same thing except it was a Porsche. He was buddies with someone at Porsche. One year he ordered a car and Joe and his boss went over to pick it up and drive around Germany for a week. My husband took that car out on the autobahn and got it up to 180mph. Fortunately he had had a lot of training driving sports cars. I almost passed out when I heard how fast he went. Eventually the car was sold to make room for another. My husband had to sell it and I remember getting phone calls and arguing with the callers about the car. When I told them it had been purchased in Germany and driven around they told me that it wasn't legal in CA. Excuse me but it is. It was a car made for CA with all the CA smog stuff on it. Well, they didn't believe it or they didn't believe me. Never again.

I was researching an Emergency generator, and one was identical, but was CA compliant. All the difference was, was a little hose added from the gas tank top to the air cleaner, to burn off the fumes of the top of the gas tank.
Like.... duhhhhh! Yet I had my choice to buy the one with, and the one without the CA compliant part. Both the same price! ... ?????...

The same with the Pocket Hose. As seen on TV. There was a paper attached to it that said. "Not for use in CA!" This product is said to contain Lead in one or more parts of construction ,, etc. etc. ....under CA law # yadda yadda yadda.....

256September 2016, Whats for Dinner?? - Page 11 Empty Re: September 2016, Whats for Dinner?? Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:57 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Yesterday was the beef Stroganoff..... I think the gravy juices really gutted me out.
Last night, I was running a new TV cable to the spare / junk room, and I got so weak and dizzy.
Sick to my stomach, and cold sweats. 20 seconds later, I was in the bathroom with Montezuma's Revenge. OMG, it was like I was poisoned. After that episode, I was feeling great, and now today, poor Tina has the rumblings in the tummy. The meat wasn't greasy. It was a lean London Broil that she diced up.........../ ????????????????????????????

257September 2016, Whats for Dinner?? - Page 11 Empty Re: September 2016, Whats for Dinner?? Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:59 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:I just got a call from my sister. She is on a train somewhere between Prague and Vienna. There is a problem somewhere so they have to just sit there for hours. Hope it isn't a terrorist thing. Can't wait till they come home. I am going crazy here.

How much time have you got the house watch duty? Another week?

258September 2016, Whats for Dinner?? - Page 11 Empty Re: September 2016, Whats for Dinner?? Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:19 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Jimmy, somewhere something you ate was bad. It hit you first and Tina second. That is how it works sometimes. You are lucky you weren't on the toilet with a trash can in your lap. Could have been the sour cream. Things like that usually hit within an hour and a half after eating it. If I were you I would toss everything that was in that stroganoff and the stroganoff. Food poisoning is no fun.

Methinks that my sister is coming home Saturday (I hope). I envy her going to Vienna. I suddenly have Strauss waltzes going through my head.

259September 2016, Whats for Dinner?? - Page 11 Empty Re: September 2016, Whats for Dinner?? Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:43 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:Jimmy, somewhere something you ate was bad. It hit you first and Tina second. That is how it works sometimes. You are lucky you weren't on the toilet with a trash can in your lap. Could have been the sour cream. Things like that usually hit within an hour and a half after eating it. If I were you I would toss everything that was in that stroganoff and the stroganoff. Food poisoning is no fun.

Methinks that my sister is coming home Saturday (I hope). I envy her going to Vienna. I suddenly have Strauss waltzes going through my head.

I was just telling Tina. It could have been the eggplant. They are loaded with seeds. We both have diverticulosis ! Hmmmm I wonder? No

We will pray you get relieved of your job duty soon Deb.

260September 2016, Whats for Dinner?? - Page 11 Empty Re: September 2016, Whats for Dinner?? Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:53 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Boy did I get a chewing out tonight......Mr. Amazing was upset that I caused him to OVEREAT ! LOL

Too bad ~ tonight's pot roast with onions, potatoes and carrots, with pan gravy, was just about as perfect as it gets. The last chuck roast I cooked was in the Crock Pot and didn't seem to get tender until I simmered it for an additional two hours the next day. Today's pot roast got the old fashioned oven roast (started at 1:30 p.m.), seasoned & floured and seared on the stove top, a few glugs of some red wine and fat slices of onion on top of the meat ~ added potatoes and carrots about 4 p.m. and we ate a little before 5:30 p.m.

Fall apart perfect. The gravy wasn't too thick, and it had tons of flavor.

So, for the glutton who has no self-control....................Too bad ~ Hahahahahaha!

September 2016, Whats for Dinner?? - Page 11 IMG_20160920_170919799

261September 2016, Whats for Dinner?? - Page 11 Empty Re: September 2016, Whats for Dinner?? Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:56 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I just had wild and brown rice, and a slice of cheese. Tina wants Moussaka eggplant.
I told her she's a glutton for punishment.

I was elected / appointed some how, to feed the next door cat whilst the owners were on a weekend vacation. So easy.... 2 tsp. of wet food (am), plus 1/2 cup dry crunchies. Clean the poopy box, and it took me all of 2 minutes. Never saw the cat.

I got paid with a thank you gift of Crown Royal (Black), when they returned

262September 2016, Whats for Dinner?? - Page 11 Empty Re: September 2016, Whats for Dinner?? Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:58 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Boy did I get a chewing out tonight......Mr. Amazing was upset that I caused him to OVEREAT !  LOL

Too bad ~ tonight's pot roast with onions, potatoes and carrots, with pan gravy, was just about as perfect as it gets.  The last chuck roast I cooked was in the Crock Pot and didn't seem to get tender until I simmered it for an additional two hours the next day.  Today's pot roast got the old fashioned oven roast (started at 1:30 p.m.), seasoned & floured and seared on the stove top, a few glugs of some red wine and fat slices of onion on top of the meat ~ added potatoes and carrots about 4 p.m. and we ate a little before 5:30 p.m.

Fall apart perfect.  The gravy wasn't too thick, and it had tons of flavor.

So, for the glutton who has no self-control....................Too bad ~ Hahahahahaha!

September 2016, Whats for Dinner?? - Page 11 IMG_20160920_170919799

What a great looking warm supper. Oh, I love the onion sliced like that. Lots of juices....ummmmm!

263September 2016, Whats for Dinner?? - Page 11 Empty Re: September 2016, Whats for Dinner?? Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:31 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I'm sitting back relaxing in the kitchen, and thinking of having a nice sliced tomato and cheese sandwich on white toast, with lots of mayo.

I'm helping gain an appetite, by having a couple Crown Royal and ginger ale drinks.

264September 2016, Whats for Dinner?? - Page 11 Empty Re: September 2016, Whats for Dinner?? Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:07 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Did you ever stop to think how that Crown Royal is somehow connected to a stinky cat litter box???

Hahahahahahaha!

265September 2016, Whats for Dinner?? - Page 11 Empty Re: September 2016, Whats for Dinner?? Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:11 pm

Niagara Visitor

Salad with greens, peppers, onion, avocado and some salmon with mayo for me tonight.  No cooking, I'm going away for a few days, bus trip to see some of what hopefully will be some of our glorious Ontario fall colours including a train trip in the Agawa Canyon!  

I want to try this travel on my own while I can still enjoy it.. I'm looking forward also to meeting some nice people!

http://www.agawatrain.com/

Last edited by Niagara Visitor on Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : More info)

266September 2016, Whats for Dinner?? - Page 11 Empty Re: September 2016, Whats for Dinner?? Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:07 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Did you ever stop to think how that Crown Royal is somehow connected to a stinky cat litter box???

Hahahahahahaha!
September 2016, Whats for Dinner?? - Page 11 2876911673 September 2016, Whats for Dinner?? - Page 11 2876911673 September 2016, Whats for Dinner?? - Page 11 2876911673

267September 2016, Whats for Dinner?? - Page 11 Empty Re: September 2016, Whats for Dinner?? Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:21 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Niagara Visitor wrote:Salad with greens, peppers, onion, avocado and some salmon with mayo for me tonight.  No cooking, I'm going away for a few days, bus trip to see some of what hopefully will be some of our glorious Ontario fall colours including a train trip in the Agawa Canyon!  

I want to try this travel on my own while I can still enjoy it.. I'm looking forward also to meeting some nice people!

http://www.agawatrain.com/

That sounds really neat Lore!...
When I was a kid, I loved reading the comic books of Sergeant Preston of the Yukon, and his dog, Rex. That was a series on the TV in the 50's also.

268September 2016, Whats for Dinner?? - Page 11 Empty Re: September 2016, Whats for Dinner?? Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:26 pm

NormM

NormM

I made a pot roast in the slow cooker yesterday but it made so much broth that we had it as a stew.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

269September 2016, Whats for Dinner?? - Page 11 Empty Re: September 2016, Whats for Dinner?? Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:59 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

You can never anticipate just what a pot roast will do in a Crock Pot.....sometimes it has lots and lots of broth and other times it's dry and you have to add something at the last moment......Hope it was good anyway.

270September 2016, Whats for Dinner?? - Page 11 Empty Re: September 2016, Whats for Dinner?? Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:47 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I love when I have the foresight to clean up a piece of meat before I wrap and stick it in the freezer. I pulled out a nice little pork tenderloin that I only had to thaw.....no trimming to even up the width of the meat or having to remove the silver skin.....did all that when I bought it and put it into the freezer.

So ~ supper was a seasoned & pan fried pork tenderloin on a bed of apple slices and onions, baked butternut squash and my (colorful) green peas.

Mr. Amazing waited for me to finish my dinner before asking, "are you going to eat those last 3 slices of pork?" (No, I was STUFFED.....) I was amazed he even ate some of the apples/onions with his pork tonight. Usually he picks around it.

September 2016, Whats for Dinner?? - Page 11 IMG_20160921_172057254_HDR

271September 2016, Whats for Dinner?? - Page 11 Empty Re: September 2016, Whats for Dinner?? Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:28 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I pulled 2 nice pork steaks out of the freezer. They never got cooked, so I will have Tina cook them tomorrow for supper. Supper today, will be whatever one can find.
Tina and GD are filling the trick or treat candy bucket, and we are all testing the candy for freshness. I suggested to stick it under the bed.

272September 2016, Whats for Dinner?? - Page 11 Empty Re: September 2016, Whats for Dinner?? Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:56 pm

NormM

NormM

Beth the stew was good. It wasn't the Ranch dressing one. Tonight I made a baked spaghetti dish. It was like a lasagna but without as much stuff in it. I also thawed a raw sourdough loaf I had put in the freezer and baked it.

September 2016, Whats for Dinner?? - Page 11 DSCN3751_zpsqloknd2a

September 2016, Whats for Dinner?? - Page 11 DSCN3753_zpsqvi7zfpm

Here is the stew we had yesterday.

September 2016, Whats for Dinner?? - Page 11 DSCN3747_zpseohz8z47

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

273September 2016, Whats for Dinner?? - Page 11 Empty Re: September 2016, Whats for Dinner?? Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:59 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

I have got to start eating more. I am down to 83.4 pounds. No wonder I feel like chit.
Joe brought me a Jack n the Box cheeseburger, if you want to call it that. Only took a couple of bites.
I went into my niece's bedroom today and found fur-ensics all over the bed. There must have been a heck of a cat fight between her cats.
I think I may see if I can sneak out of here on Friday since they are coming back on Saturday. Can't wait to get home.

274September 2016, Whats for Dinner?? - Page 11 Empty Re: September 2016, Whats for Dinner?? Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:13 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I love baked pasta. Heck, I love pasta......we don't have it nearly as much as I'd like but it's coming up in the near future. And yours looks really good to me!

For whatever reason, it reminds me of a Turkey Tettrazini ~ YUM! I've been thinking of that one a lot lately. The last time I made it was years and years ago. It's a lot of planning and work, especially since when I make it I try to make enough to freeze a number of small casseroles to stick in the freezer. But now you have me wanting it even more than before I saw your dish......

275September 2016, Whats for Dinner?? - Page 11 Empty Re: September 2016, Whats for Dinner?? Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:17 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Bugster2 wrote:I have got to start eating more. I am down to 83.4 pounds. No wonder I feel like chit.
Joe brought me a Jack n the Box cheeseburger, if you want to call it that. Only took a couple of bites.
I went into my niece's bedroom today and found fur-ensics all over the bed. There must have been a heck of a cat fight between her cats.
I think I may see if I can sneak out of here on Friday since they are coming back on Saturday. Can't wait to get home.

Wish it was possible to 'share' weight, Bugs......I'd gladly ship off a box of 30 or 40 pounds to help you out. I know it's just as difficult for you to put on pounds as it is for me to be rid of them. It's even more difficult for you with all the foods you have trouble digesting. Do you eat any suppliments, like Ensure or something like that? How about banana smoothies?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 16]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum