Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU

+5
NormM
UNCLE JIMMY
Barbara101
bethk
Imelda HL
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Go down  Message [Page 15 of 19]

351JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  - Page 15 Empty Re: JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:44 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Healthy eating there! I love the idea of steaming a meal.

352JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  - Page 15 Empty Re: JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:46 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Last night...I was looking for something Different for todays meal.
So I started looking at the thousands of pictures I have in my computer files.
I had the drools for a corned beef sandwich steamed and piled high on rye.

So, guess what? I have a corned beef already cooked and in the freezer somewhere in the bowels of the frozen past meals......All I have to do is find it, and throw it in the fridge to thaw out.
That will be my expedition assignment for today!

Tina is on her way to the farm house today in South Jersey. ( Her uncle Gabes House )
She will be there with her brother trashing stuff and going through stuff ready to sell the place.
She is meeting a guy ( farmer ) that wants to buy the 1944 Massey Harris Pony Model tractor.
It was running, but it sat for 25 years in the garage. He offered $1000.00 for it so he can restore it.
I told Tina get rid of it....fast!

Poor Tina, she's got a load on her plate lately. She does enjoy it though; in a way. It gives her something to do. Only thing, is she tires easily. I know I could never do what she does.

So, I'm home alone today! I think it's a good opportunity to clean out the freezer a little.
Too hot to work outside.

353JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  - Page 15 Empty Re: JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:33 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

I can commiserate with you today, Jimmy. I, too, am home alone. The boys left at 2:30 a.m. to head back to Ohio. Jake sent me a text a little while ago that they were out of the heavy Atlanta traffic so now they just have the northern half of Georgia, Tennessee, Kentucky and Ohio to drive to make it home around 6:30 - 7:00 p.m.

So, I'm on worry duty for the day.

354JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  - Page 15 Empty Re: JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:10 am

Crybaby

Crybaby

bethk wrote:I can commiserate with you today, Jimmy.  I, too, am home alone.  The boys left at 2:30 a.m. to head back to Ohio.  Jake sent me a text a little while ago that they were out of the heavy Atlanta traffic so now they just have the northern half of Georgia, Tennessee, Kentucky and Ohio to drive to make it home around 6:30 - 7:00 p.m.

Wow! That's faster than I thought. Approximately, how many miles is that trip, B? Just curious. It was sweet of Jake to text you; he seems like a really nice kid.

BTW, that surf and turf looked divine at any price -- for $23, I would've gotten one to take home, too! What a bargain. Was that a Florida lobster, or do you know? Boy, it sure looked yummy. I haven't had lobster in quite a while; it sure made my mouth water.

355JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  - Page 15 Empty Re: JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:29 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:I can commiserate with you today, Jimmy.  I, too, am home alone.  The boys left at 2:30 a.m. to head back to Ohio.  Jake sent me a text a little while ago that they were out of the heavy Atlanta traffic so now they just have the northern half of Georgia, Tennessee, Kentucky and Ohio to drive to make it home around 6:30 - 7:00 p.m.

So, I'm on worry duty for the day.  

JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  - Page 15 2876911673 JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  - Page 15 2876911673 Worry Wart here too! She made it to brothers and picked him up.....I called her cell, and the two of them are laughing. They cannot figure out how to open the back hatch door on the Rave 4 she rented.
Her brother said they will shove the stuff through the side doors. Then she called and said she found the latch. It was hidden under the rave 4 sign.
You should have seen me this morning at the car rental place telling her,"do you know where the windshield washer and lights are?" ..... There she is yelling at me,"what do you think, I never drove a car before?" ......

She was looking for the parking brake release, and all she was doing was opening the hood to the engine compartment. THREE TIMESS she did it, and here I am shutting the darn thing after every time she was opening it.

You would think we were Ricky and Lucy Riccardo trying to steal the darn car!

356JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  - Page 15 Empty Re: JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:56 am

Crybaby

Crybaby

Uncle Jimmy wrote:You would think we were Ricky and Lucy Riccardo trying to steal the darn car!

I literally laughed out loud. You painted a great picture, Jimmy, and I thank you for the laughs. Tina is a scream, too -- you guys sound like Brian and I a lot of the time!

357JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  - Page 15 Empty Re: JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:25 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Crybaby wrote:
Wow!  That's faster than I thought.  Approximately, how many miles is that trip,  B?  Just curious.  It was sweet of Jake to text you; he seems like a really nice kid.

BTW, that surf and turf looked divine at any price -- for $23, I would've gotten one to take home, too!  What a bargain.  Was that a Florida lobster, or do you know?  Boy, it sure looked yummy.  I haven't had lobster in quite a while; it sure made my mouth water.

It's a bit over 1,000 miles.....Mr. Amazing 'likes' driving from point 'a' to point 'b' in the most direct and quickest way possible. Me, I make a 2 day trip out of it at the very least. Of course, I also insist on stopping to go to the bathroom in someplace other than a gas station! But, I have no say when I'm not on the trip with him.

And Jake isn't THAT sweet......I gave him $20 to text me and keep me posted as to their progress......

(the lobster was a Maine tail....we have those specials year around ~ I'm not a fan of Florida lobster. It's not as sweet and seems to be much tougher to me.)

358JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  - Page 15 Empty Re: JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:27 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Oh, man, Jimmy ~ she and her brother will NEVER get the car loaded. They will both be laughing so hard they'll have to go to WalMart to buy new underwear!

At least she's not alone.

359JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  - Page 15 Empty Re: JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:57 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Oh, man, Jimmy ~ she and her brother will NEVER get the car loaded.  They will both be laughing so hard they'll have to go to WalMart to buy new underwear!

At least she's not alone.

Yep.... and her brother is a jokester. And Tina has a weak bladder. I need say no more!

360JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  - Page 15 Empty Re: JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:06 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Crybaby wrote:
Uncle Jimmy wrote:You would think we were Ricky and Lucy Riccardo trying to steal the darn car!

I literally laughed out loud.  You painted a great picture, Jimmy, and I thank you for the laughs.  Tina is a scream, too -- you guys sound like Brian and I a lot of the time!

Oh! I didn't know Brian and you were like that. That's Funny! JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  - Page 15 2876911673

I get yelled at because she says I worry about the stupidest things. silent

I am known as Mr. Negative....or Mr. Jinx!

I'm the kind of guy, who carries xtra motor oil in the trunk. Along with wire coat hangers in case the muffler or something falls down. Antifreeze Coolant, a can with candles and matches. Railroad fusies ( flares ) and rope to tie stuff with.
That falls under the Mr. Prepared category.
I even had a pee bucket ( one of the plastic containers with the handle and lid )
but Tina no way wanted that in the trunk. Just looking at it, makes her G A G!
Ooops.....and I don't forget a roll of toilet paper.

And they laugh at me! ....

361JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  - Page 15 Empty Re: JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:31 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I decided earlier that I should eat light tonight....it's going to be my first night trying to sleep with my new CPAP machine for my sleep apnea. I have a feeling it's going to be a restless night even though I am so exhausted with only 3 hours sleep last night (I've been up since 2:00 a.m. when the boys were getting ready to leave).

So, I've got a chicken breast simmered & shredded (half will get used for a chicken sandwich for my lunch one day this week). I've got some cucumber, carrot, celery and a few radishes. I know I have some odds & ends of dressings I've made in bottles in the refrigerator ~ unfortunately I did not label them so the dressing will either be herb or sweet & sour. I love a good supper mystery!

362JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  - Page 15 Empty Re: JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:35 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

The boys are within about an hour and a half of arriving at their destination. As soon as I hear they are in the house I'm going to bed.....I don't care if I wake up before dawn. I'm exhausted.

JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  - Page 15 IMG_20160527_180745831

363JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  - Page 15 Empty Re: JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:35 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:I decided earlier that I should eat light tonight....it's going to be my first night trying to sleep with my new CPAP machine for my sleep apnea.  I have a feeling it's going to be a restless night even though I am so exhausted with only 3 hours sleep last night (I've been up since 2:00 a.m. when the boys were getting ready to leave).

So, I've got a chicken breast simmered & shredded (half will get used for a chicken sandwich for my lunch one day this week).  I've got some cucumber, carrot, celery and a few radishes.  I know I have some odds & ends of dressings I've made in bottles in the refrigerator ~ unfortunately I did not label them so the dressing will either be herb or sweet & sour.  I love a good supper mystery!

And I thought I was up early...like 5:30 today. I went to bed at 2:30; so I got a 3 hours or less of sleep after thinking of what T would need for her trip.
If I weren't up, she would have left the big bag of keys for the house down there.

No way could I go back to sleep, or even nap today; just knowing she's on the road. Shes back at her brothers house, and they are unloading crap at his place.
From there, she is an hour and a half to here.

She said she is soaked from perspiring, and it's 91 there, and 85 here.
At least she will be driving with no rush hour traffic. It's 6:30, and everyone that worked is home. That's a plus.

She'll sleep well tonight....that's for sure! ...

Beth...good luck with the new breathing device. Is that sort of like a temporary thing; until you can be without it after it does what it is supposed to do?
I don't know much about them, other than, My cousins husband uses one. He has to have is to sleep at night, but napping or falling asleep during the day, he doesn't use it. Go figure!

364JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  - Page 15 Empty Re: JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:54 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I had to go through a sleep study where they hook you up to 25 sensors and watch you sleep (talk about UNCOMFORTABLE!) to see how much you stop breathing at night.  I had over 83 times that I stopped breathing for 10 seconds or more in an hour and my oxygen levels dropped at times to 70%....93% is considered low.  Go figure.  I should be dead.  Not really.

So, they have given me a CPAP air machine to wear at night.  It's suppose to keep my airways open and allow me to keep my oxygen levels up.  I know it's going to take some getting use to, but it sure would be nice not to be tired all the time.  As it is now, I'm tired when I go to bed and I'm tired when I get up.....and I wake up hourly that I'm aware of in addition to the times I stop breathing and don't acknowledge.

Dane just wants me to stop snoring so HE can sleep.  LOL

365JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  - Page 15 Empty Re: JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:07 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:I had to go through a sleep study where they hook you up to 25 sensors and watch you sleep (talk about UNCOMFORTABLE!) to see how much you stop breathing at night.  I had over 83 times that I stopped breathing for 10 seconds or more in an hour and my oxygen levels dropped at times to 70%....93% is considered low.  Go figure.  I should be dead.  Not really.

So, they have given me a CPAP air machine to wear at night.  It's suppose to keep my airways open and allow me to keep my oxygen levels up.  I know it's going to take some getting use to, but it sure would be nice not to be tired all the time.  As it is now, I'm tired when I go to bed and I'm tired when I get up.....and I wake up hourly that I'm aware of in addition to the times I stop breathing and don't acknowledge.

Dane just wants me to stop snoring so HE can sleep.  LOL

oh! you poor dear! What a bummer.
Come to think of it, my dad was a snorer. He would go to sleep, and we kids were right next door, and could hear dad. Their were times, when he would stop breathing, and wake up choking and gasping for air. He always had a fan blowing on his face; even in the winter.

I remember, there were times he would stop breathing for like it seemed like 20 seconds, and we were glad he took another breadth. ( When I say WE, I meant when brother and I were just kids, and would sleep with dad. ) Mom.....forget it!
she was one of those that would be up all night if there was a drippy faucet, or if it was raining and drops were hitting the window. She and dad argued about his snoring, and she had to sleep in the living room ( the parlor back then ) on a convertable bed that was a couch. ) A huge well made heavy 1960's Italian style couch! hahahahaha

366JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  - Page 15 Empty Re: JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:20 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Morning Update: I slept really well with the CPAP running. I am amazed how quiet the machine is. The only time I heard noise was when I removed the airway tube from my nostrils and then I could 'hear' air streaming. I'm thinking that might be a really neat way of 'cooling off' when this old woman has 'personal summer' come visit in the middle of the night! ((Sorry ~ I don't mean to give a verbal 'visual' that will stick in your mind guys! LOL))

So, I guess the CPAP will become a permanent nighttime pal of mine. It's not a 'temporary' fix, but a permanent one unless you want to undergo surgery to repair/tighten the airways. NOT !! I don't volunteer for removal of ANY parts.

It'll be interesting to see if my nights continue to be good.....I'm really not sure if it was the machine or the fact that I was so exhausted from no sleep the night before OR the vodka I consumed.....Hmmmm, maybe the CPAP as well as the vodka will be able to be covered by insurance!

367JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  - Page 15 Empty Re: JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:45 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

Last night I had one of those freak accidents. I tripped and my throat landed on the top of the vacuum cleaner handle. Missed my voice box but hit the side of my throat. It doesn't hurt to touch my throat but it is agony to swallow. I guess I won't be eating or drinking much for a while.
Joe and Katie are going to the beach. It has been in the 90's and hundreds here. I am going to make a mandarin orange meringue pie for them today. No dinner but I will make a couple of sandwiches to send with them. It has been a real problem at the beach lately. Large immigrant families come and set up a tent right next to you when there is a whole stretch of empty beach. Joe and Katie have had to get up and move somewhere else. These people have a different culture and have absolutely no sense of personal space. Their tent poles have actually been placed on Katie's towel. It could have been worse though. LOL. One year some people brought a live chicken which was killed, plucked and cooked right there.

368JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  - Page 15 Empty Re: JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:05 am

Niagara Visitor

Get well, and rest your voice.

369JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  - Page 15 Empty Re: JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:10 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Ah, HA !!! Just as I suspected all along.....

CLEANING IS DANGEROUS TO YOUR HEALTH..........Vacuum cleaners are out to get you.

LOL

Seriously, it's awful to suffer from such freak accidents. You could have been hurt much more and it will probably take some time before your neck heals completely. But try to drink and stay hydrated even if it does hurt to swallow ~ last thing you need is to become dehydrated and have to go to the hospital to get help with that.

370JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  - Page 15 Empty Re: JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:30 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

Beth, have you ever seen those signs that say "Housework Makes You Ugly"? I laugh every time I see one.

371JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  - Page 15 Empty Re: JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:56 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Don't know as I've seen that exact one, but similar ones to be sure.

As I sit here my white tile floor in the kitchen is multiplying the dirt and smudges......I'll have to vacuum it and then mop it today or my feet will stick to the floor when I try to make supper.

372JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  - Page 15 Empty Re: JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:14 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Morning Update:  I slept really well with the CPAP running.  I am amazed how quiet the machine is.  The only time I heard noise was when I removed the airway tube from my nostrils and then I could 'hear' air streaming.  I'm thinking that might be a really neat way of 'cooling off' when this old woman has 'personal summer' come visit in the middle of the night!  ((Sorry ~ I don't mean to give a verbal 'visual' that will stick in your mind guys!  LOL))

So, I guess the CPAP will become a permanent nighttime pal of mine.  It's not a 'temporary' fix, but a permanent one unless you want to undergo surgery to repair/tighten the airways.  NOT !!  I don't volunteer for removal of ANY parts.

It'll be interesting to see if my nights continue to be good.....I'm really not sure if it was the machine or the fact that I was so exhausted from no sleep the night before OR the vodka I consumed.....Hmmmm, maybe the CPAP as well as the vodka will be able to be covered by insurance!

Glad it helps for you Beth. As far as the vodka....
We can always ( just for you because you're worth it ) set up a "Vodka for Beth Fund!" bounce

373JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  - Page 15 Empty Re: JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:27 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:Last night I had one of those freak accidents. I tripped and my throat landed on the top of the vacuum cleaner handle. Missed my voice box but hit the side of my throat. It doesn't hurt to touch my throat but it is agony to swallow. I guess I won't be eating or drinking much for a while.
Joe and Katie are going to the beach. It has been in the 90's and hundreds here. I am going to make a mandarin orange meringue pie for them today. No dinner but I will make a couple of sandwiches to send with them. It has been a real problem at the beach lately. Large immigrant families come and set up a tent right next to you when there is a whole stretch of empty beach. Joe and Katie have had to get up and move somewhere else. These people have a different culture and have absolutely no sense of personal space. Their tent poles have actually been placed on Katie's towel. It could have been worse though. LOL. One year some people brought a live chicken which was killed, plucked and cooked right there.

Poor Debbie!..... Do yes yes / no no exercises slowly.

374JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  - Page 15 Empty Re: JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:30 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

Beth wrote:And Jake isn't THAT sweet......I gave him $20 to text me and keep me posted as to their progress......

You slayed me with this, Beth! I laughed my butt off and so did Brian! Funny, funny, funny given my comment!

375JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  - Page 15 Empty Re: JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:40 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Just a quick one about Jimmy the worry wort.

Tina was within 1 mile from home, from her day of hell trip. The phone rings, I pick up within seconds; because it was her, and she says,"QUICK ....do me a favor, get a glass of orange juice with that special medicine for leg cramps, and meet me" ..... (( weird sounds and phone disconnected ))....
Now my heart is pounding.....me trying to call her, and she trying to call me......finally she gets connected, and she said, "OH GOD, I had to pull over because my right leg and thigh twisted up and sideways in a massive cramp!" .... "I'm ok now so as soon as the pain goes away....oh never mind, i'mm using my left foot to drive the gas and brake....""""""....

Here I am with a glass of juice, and her medicine at the end of the street, and she pulls into the home stretch. But what a heart pounder that was.

She de-hydrated and didn't drink enough water.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 15 of 19]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum