Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed

+5
Niagara Visitor
Bugster2
UNCLE JIMMY
Barbara101
bethk
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 19]

76June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed - Page 4 Empty Re: June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:22 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

Divorced? That was fast. I thought it took longer than that.

77June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed - Page 4 Empty Re: June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:29 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

My divorce took 2 years.

78June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed - Page 4 Empty Re: June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:34 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

Last night we had salmon filets. There were a few bones that had to be removed and my husband's pliers were not quite up to the job. I have been looking at fish tweezers and saw that they come in two tip styles: angled and straight. Can anyone give an opinion as to what style is best?

79June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed - Page 4 Empty Re: June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:41 am

Niagara Visitor

Sorry to hear/read that.

80June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed - Page 4 Empty Re: June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:17 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:Last night we had salmon filets. There were a few bones that had to be removed and my husband's pliers were not quite up to the job. I have been looking at fish tweezers and saw that they come in two tip styles: angled and straight. Can anyone give an opinion as to what style is best?

Hemostats work great. I have a straight and a 45º angled one.

June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed - Page 4 31%2B24QisPCL If you dont want them to clasp and lock, have Joe file off the one clasp edge.
They are great, and have none slip teeth.

I paid like $5.99 for the pair on Amazon. Or you can get them at CVS or medical / surgical supplies.

81June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed - Page 4 Empty Re: June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:53 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

I have a dozen of those. However I have not had bones in salmon and I eat a whole lot of it.

82June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed - Page 4 Empty Re: June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:20 pm

NormM

NormM

I don't know if it is final or not but they filed the papers a few months ago and saw a judge a couple weeks ago. They didn't contest it or hire lawyers.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

83June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed - Page 4 Empty Re: June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:23 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:I have a dozen of those. However I have not had bones in salmon and I eat a whole lot of it.

We eat canned salmon, and make salmon salad; or salmon patties with it.
We love bones in the salmon, especially the pearl size spine ones.
We fight over who gets to eat them, but we cannot find salmon with the bones anymore. No

84June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed - Page 4 Empty Re: June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:28 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Oh I buy wild caught fresh. It has been a long time since I bought canned . I am so picky about my tuna fish to LOL

85June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed - Page 4 Empty Re: June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:33 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:I don't know if it is final or not but they filed the papers a few months ago and saw a judge a couple weeks ago.  They didn't contest it or hire lawyers.

DD and her ex filed after 2 weeks of marriage, and there was no contested anything.
It still took like almost a year for the court final decree.
They made a poor choice of a lawyer just to do the paperwork file through the state.
That lawyer was in a battle with his divorce at the time.

There was a hand shake agreement they would share 50/50 on the 12,000.00 they got total in wedding gifts.
Well....the handshake was a slap in the face, because he spent all the money on his toys. Motorcycles 4 wheelers, and tools.

He remarried.... one of the most miserable Bxxches ever born.

86June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed - Page 4 Empty Re: June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:00 pm

NormM

NormM

Most of the wedding presents were for her and she took most of them. She left the dishes because she got me to get rid of the everyday dishes I had so she could use hers. Whatever they worked out, they did it between themselves and were OK with the results.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

87June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed - Page 4 Empty Re: June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:14 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Gots the dreaded ants this morning. Into the trash with scouts on the floor. My wonderful spotlight I bought at Costco a hundred years ago bit the dust and I need to replace it. Those are the only things that let you see where the ant trails are coming from on the wood floor. The trouble is that my old light was rated in candle power. New spotlights are rated in something else. People say you can't compare the two. I say BS! I want another light that was as powerful as my old one. They are great for spotting coyotes at night. You might not see the critters but you can see their eyes. They glow red. Jimmy, maybe you know what the conversion is?

88June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed - Page 4 Empty Re: June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:00 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:Gots the dreaded ants this morning. Into the trash with scouts on the floor. My wonderful spotlight I bought at Costco a hundred years ago bit the dust and I need to replace it. Those are the only things that let you see where the ant trails are coming from on the wood floor. The trouble is that my old light was rated in candle power. New spotlights are rated in something else. People say you can't compare the two. I say BS! I want another light that was as powerful as my old one. They are great for spotting coyotes at night. You might not see the critters but you can see their eyes. They glow red. Jimmy, maybe you know what the conversion is?

Bugs... is what you are talking about, a hand held battery spotlight?
I have one of the brightest one can find. It sends a beam straight.
It is used by the firemen / women / he / she / or its. to pierce through smoke.

It's rechargeable. VULCAN Search Light.

http://www.amazon.com/Streamlight-44000-Vulcan-Standard-Floodlight/dp/B0000VM2E6/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1465235725&sr=8-14&keywords=vulcan+streamlight

This is the exact one I have. Not stupid LED ..... Its a halogen bulb.
Son Jimmy got this for me for a fathers day gift when he was in the volunteer fire dept.

89June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed - Page 4 Empty Re: June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:56 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Looks perfect Jimmy but twice as much as I can pay. I picked up something by Stanley with 2000 lumens and prolly LED at Wally's. It will probably do ok for hunting ant trails and coyotes.

90June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed - Page 4 Empty Re: June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:08 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:Looks perfect Jimmy but twice as much as I can pay. I picked up something by Stanley with 2000 lumens and prolly LED at Wally's. It will probably do ok for hunting ant trails and coyotes.

Yeah... forgot to say it is expensive, but it is so bright. Shine it up in the sky, and it's like the lights at the fair, or the searchlight on a prison lookout tower.

I have it like 13 years now, and use it all the time.

91June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed - Page 4 Empty Re: June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:04 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Pan fried Alaskan grouper....steamed summer squash & Penzey herbed green beans.

The grouper was 'previously frozen' in the fish case. Didn't smell......UNTIL I cooked it. It was on my plate and I could smell it. FISHY. Yuck. Took one bite, then the second bite. It's in the trash. I am more than a little disappointed. It wasn't like any fish I've fixed before.

So, I had summer squash and green beans for my supper. Mr. Amazing ate his fish, but he had to use all the tartar sauce I had out, even the spoonful I had on my plate! LOL

June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed - Page 4 IMG_20160606_171637522

92June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed - Page 4 Empty Re: June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:11 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Was it in the fish counter or freezer? I have been known to return fish . Bet Fresh Market has great fish .

93June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed - Page 4 Empty Re: June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:33 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

BBQ'd hot dogs left over from a few days ago.
Corn on the frozen cob. I had 3 corn half pieces. I buttered and salt and pepperd. Ate...wow...delicious. Grabbed the other two, and #2 was like a different taste. #3 was lacking.
Geepers, maybe these corns are not so great after all.

I go to clean up, and as I grabbed the butter to put in the fridge....*PoW* it hit me.
Dumb @$$ me, forgot to put the butter on #2 and #3. No wonder why they were different tasting...

94June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed - Page 4 Empty Re: June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:18 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed - Page 4 Chicken%20sauce6

Chicken breast and broccoli cauliflower casserole.

95June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed - Page 4 Empty Re: June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:33 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Mr. Amazing and I were on the same wave length today....amazing, huh?

I had asked him what he wanted for supper and, of course, he said, "I'm not hungry ~ I just ate breakfast!" But he thought about it for a bit and when I had decided on a shrimp salad I saw in a magazine he said, "I want salad for supper". Good call, Maynard.

I had romaine, radishes, jicama, avocado to go with the grilled shrimps and a mayo/orange juice/sambal dressing.

June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed - Page 4 IMG_20160607_170850329

96June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed - Page 4 Empty Re: June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:49 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed - Page 4 Zoodles4

'''zoodles'' lol..I made shrimp too..Yours looks awesome.. June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed - Page 4 3593629538

Shrimp "Zoodle"

2 zucchini
2 yellow squash
4 tbsp butter
1 lb. of shrimp, peeled and deveined (I leave the tails on)
a few shakes of hot pepper flakes
4 garlic cloves, chopped
1 pint of cherry haved
juice of a lemon
1/4 cup + of white wine
kosher salt & pepper
handful of fresh basil, sliced into chiffonade

bought zoodles..saute them quick.

In a large heavy skillet, heat the butter and cook the shrimp with the garlic and hot pepper flakes for 3 minutes.
Add in the tomatoes and "zoodles" (I  hate the word).  not really cheap to make,zoodles were almost $6.

I may end up buying the dang thing to make my own..

97June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed - Page 4 Empty Re: June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:59 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Use that julienne cutter....same thing as the spiral cutter, only cheaper. That's the same as the zucchini, carrot & yellow squash thingy I make, the same as Imelda made the other night as a side dish for her huli huli chicken thighs.

Your meal looks really good. Definitely a 'keeper'!

98June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed - Page 4 Empty Re: June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:04 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Pizza from Franks. Ate one slice. ( " Tastes just like candy!" )

The sauce was SOooooo sweet. It was like the pizza was sprinkled with sugar before it was baked.
I will try more later, with hot pepper to cancel out the sweet taste.

Ho Hum! Nice cool day today. It will be like a fall night tonight. Great sleeping with the windows open.

It's 67º out now!

99June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed - Page 4 Empty Re: June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:07 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

So dang hot here I almost passed out when I took the plate outside to photo .

100June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed - Page 4 Empty Re: June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:19 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:So dang hot here I almost passed out when I took the plate outside to photo .

My cousin was in Tenn. last week, and they boiled like lobsters in a pot. They were at a wedding, outside with no cover. They almost melted she said.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 19]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum