Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed

+5
Niagara Visitor
Bugster2
UNCLE JIMMY
Barbara101
bethk
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 19]

1June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed Empty June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:27 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

I have had a head of cauliflower in the veg drawer for over a week....had to come up with a plan.  So, it has now been used completely for a GIGANTIC, HUGE, 'LARGE GREEN TUPPERWARE BOWL' size of the old fashioned Cauliflower Pea Bacon Salad.  I'm going to have to definitely start to fill deli containers to take to the neighbors to share.....

Used the entire large head of cauliflower, a family-size bag of frozen peas, a large head of iceburg lettuce, five hard-cooked eggs and an entire pound of bacon.

Whoops! forgot to take a pic - I'll add when I take it out to divvy up......

June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed IMG_20160601_095259001

Last edited by bethk on Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:29 am; edited 1 time in total

2June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed Empty Re: June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:28 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

I have a bag of frozen so I might make a All the way.

bacon,cheddar,sour cream and pretend it is a potato.lol..

3June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed Empty Re: June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:31 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Barbara101 wrote:I have a bag of frozen so I might make a All the way.

bacon,cheddar,sour cream and pretend it is a potato.lol..

I'll bet you won't even notice it's cauliflower and not potato with all the extras.....sounds like a winning combination to me!

4June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed Empty Re: June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:45 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Summertime, Summertime, Sum, Summ, Summertime!

Burger on the grill, Corn & Cauliflower-Pea-Bacon Salad!

June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed IMG_20160601_171555443

5June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed Empty Re: June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:50 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Summertime, Summertime, Sum, Summ, Summertime!

Burger on the grill, Corn & Cauliflower-Pea-Bacon Salad!

June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed IMG_20160601_171555443

Yay!... Beth Burgers. yum! Got the song up....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeNAgBFmJpM

6June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed Empty Re: June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:59 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Suppertime was popeyes fish Tina picked up on way home from PA.

prune and cheese buns, and KK doughnuts I will devour later with KK coffee.

Pizza too!

Hey Barb... I have a KK paper hat, and a KK mug to drink my coffee and eat my doughnuts.

7June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed Empty Re: June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:00 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Jimmy, you are such a clown!

Crap! My husbands Visa card got skimmed. I know it had to have been at the gas station he went to yesterday. Fortunately, Capital One sent me an email saying it looks like fraudulent activity on the card. I took one look and almost passed out. $600 for cosmetics and another $3000 for clothing at various stores. They took care of it and are sending my husband a new card.

Tacos tonight. I had a fingertip taste of taco sauce and my gut is on fire. I don't know why I can no longer tolerate spicy food. I thought I was being careful by frying up my beef with no seasoning but not careful enough.

8June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed Empty Re: June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:23 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:Jimmy, you are such a clown!

Crap! My husbands Visa card got skimmed. I know it had to have been at the gas station he went to yesterday. Fortunately, Capital One sent me an email saying it looks like fraudulent activity on the card. I took one look and almost passed out. $600 for cosmetics and another $3000 for clothing at various stores. They took care of it and are sending my husband a new card.

Tacos tonight. I had a fingertip taste of taco sauce and my gut is on fire. I don't know why I can no longer tolerate spicy food. I thought I was being careful by frying up my beef with no seasoning but not careful enough.

Enzymes Deb, take enzymes with meals.

Tina and I take chewable enzymes with meals all the time now. Pineapple ones.It works for us.

9June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed Empty Re: June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:36 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Geepers.... up at 4:30 am. Must have eaten too many doughnuts. I fell asleep on the couch in the living room sitting up. Had a real life dream, I was at a tavern, and had a few drinks during a snow storm, and the road was ice covered. I had to get across the street, and traffic was coming. I leaped to avoid getting hit with cars, and in my dream, slipped and fell as I leaped.
In reality, I leaped off the darn couch, and landed on my chest on top the end table on that side, and then on my knees.....woke up while trying to figure where the heck I was. Tina was in the recliner just asking if I was all right! Then she fell back asleep.

Great! .... I'll remember not to fall ill or have a heart attack while She's sleeping!

Guess I'll have another doughnut, and go back to sleep in the bed!

10June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed Empty Re: June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:21 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:

Tina and I take chewable enzymes with meals all the time now. Pineapple ones.It works for us.

Thanks Jimmy. We all know about enzymes and pineapple but they don't prevent the ulcer type pain I get with chiles, raw onions and other foods.

11June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed Empty Re: June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:35 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

Joe and Katie are going to the beach to hunt for beach glass. I am staying home to scratch the chigger bites I got yesterday. Some of those bites are where the sun don't shine and I can't exactly scratch those places in public. Isn't is funny how you can scratch just about anywhere but THERE in public? So I guess I will make a bbq chicken cobb salad and experiment with making no salt salad dressings. I would like to find a homemade ranch dressing recipe and a Caesar dressing that are salt free or low salt.

Jimmy, I made a quarter recipe of your rice krispie treats and they were so good. They stayed nice and pliable till they were gone.

Last night I made tacos and fried up 3 separate batches of meat: one no salt Mexican beef, one Taco Bell turkey batch and one plain ground beef. PITA to have to do this.

OMG! I was watching a news feed about a 13 year old girl on "America's Got Talent". She blew me away.
Here she is on YouTube. She comes on after the first two acts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCoxGV7j71c

12June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed Empty Re: June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:57 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

Hey Barb... I have a KK paper hat, and a KK mug to drink my coffee and eat my doughnuts.

No donuts for me but the coffee is good..

No notices to my email for any posts????

I get logged out a lot too..

I was getting ready to eat and 'she' brings me dinner..lol..grilled wings and green beans and mashed with gravy..

Beths dinner looks great..

13June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed Empty Re: June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:45 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed 13319703_10207469041818375_4980722751065883424_n

14June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed Empty Re: June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:55 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:
UNCLE JIMMY wrote:

Thanks Jimmy. We all know about enzymes and pineapple but they don't prevent the ulcer type pain I get with chiles, raw onions and other foods.

Ulcer?.... no enzymes for that. You're right! ...
I had a peptic ulcer when I was 16. I was on Mylanta with meals.
And sometimes, that didn't work. We use Zantac now for stomach pain.

15June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed Empty Re: June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:08 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Jimmy. is it true no vehicle tax on cars in NJ?

Last year I paid shy of $500. this year it dropped to $465  yippie.. June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed 1838020472

16June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed Empty Re: June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:41 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed 13325634_497688467095949_1606100724659971361_n

Grilled chop, fried apples and fried potato and side salad (sortof)

17June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed Empty Re: June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:11 pm

Niagara Visitor

Crap with the Visa, that's for sure.  My card was scammed 5 times between November 2015 and March 2016.  Always Internet purchases the last time included a charge from a business in Hangzou China!

18June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed Empty Re: June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:56 pm

NormM

NormM

I put half a salmon in the smoker for a couple hours. We had it with a baked potato, carrots cooked with mushrooms and onion, and a bulgur salad.

June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed DSCN3550_zpsiiejpdzl

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

19June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed Empty Re: June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:48 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:Jimmy. is it true no vehicle tax on cars in NJ?

Last year I paid shy of $500. this year it dropped to $465  yippie.. June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed 1838020472

Tax is only paid once. When the car is purchased.

Once per year there is a registration fee that we pay $47.00

20June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed Empty Re: June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:51 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:I put half a salmon in the smoker for a couple hours. We had it with a baked potato, carrots cooked with mushrooms and onion, and a bulgur salad.

June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed DSCN3550_zpsiiejpdzl

Looks good Norm. Salmon smoked I like.

21June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed Empty Re: June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:58 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Tina made a meatloaf for supper... B O R I N G !

Topped it with bacon....and made with stove top stuffing mixed in.
I like it like I make it, and like Norm makes his. Oh Well...to each their own.

There was extra stove top stuffing to eat with it...

22June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed Empty Re: June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:56 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

jimmy that meatloaf sounds good to me.

yeah that would be great if I could bypass that bill here.

A few states have No car tax.

Penn
Tenn
Louisiana

NJ
NY
Ohio
Del
Fla.Ga

Not one really appeals to me enough to move to one lol.

I would like to move from the south that is for sure..For a hundred reasons...

23June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed Empty Re: June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:39 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

Barbara101 wrote:jimmy that meatloaf sounds good to me.

yeah that would be great if I could bypass that bill here.

A few states have No car tax.

Penn
Tenn
Louisiana

NJ
NY
Ohio
Del
Fl

Not one really appeals to me enough to move to one lol.

I would like to move from the south that is for sure..For a hundred reasons...

If you could move, where would it be?

24June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed Empty Re: June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:00 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

If you could move, where would it be?

lol North but.......snow Mad

Ohio is the only one that is affordable ,snow,and really is full of crime. Mad
I lived in Buffalo NY right on the lake,really nice house and secluded area. snow.. Mad

Penn wouldn't be that bad only not near any big city.. then again snow..

Del oh heck no..even though my son lives there. light snow.But that bridge oh NO NO NO.Plus it is very expensive..

When I lived in Ga it was on a island..But now that I think about it North east Ga might not be bad..

I am so set in my ways and will not spend one penny more in rent then I do now..

25June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed Empty Re: June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:04 am

NormM

NormM

I believe that Charlie said Washington state does not have any personal income tax.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 19]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum