Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wow!! April already Dinners.

+4
UNCLE JIMMY
Bugster2
Niagara Visitor
NormM
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Go down  Message [Page 20 of 20]

476 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 20 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:38 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

In the 60's here.

477 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 20 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:43 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:87' here. 90' tomorrow,

Oh Lord No! .... way too hot for me / us !  Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 20 387840482

478 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 20 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:47 am

Crybaby

Crybaby

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:Recently, I think I was notified, that because I have the Office Home and Student, that there is a free cloud that I can store my pics for free; as long as I pay $$$ for the Office 365 every year. LOL

Yeah, that came "free" with my laptop.  I just got the email to renew and just couldn't see myself paying $69.95 a year for the whole suite, when I just use Word, and not Excel, Access, etc.  So I just purchased Word on its own and downloaded it for $79.95 -- but I'll only pay that once and not every freaking year.  What a racket they've got going now...  I only used the Cloud when I hit it accidentally, as I figured I'd lose everything in the Cloud if I didn't renew...

479 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 20 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:00 am

Crybaby

Crybaby

Norm wrote:I was surprised see that to the the local grocery store offer products that were made with Heritage meats raised without any hormones or manufactured food products. I got some chorizo and andouille. Since Cassie isn't here, I have more freedom to get stuff I know she doesn't like and she doesn't like chorizo. We had some homemade mustard, hollandaise, asparagus, kraut and baked potato as sides.

Love chorizo, whether it's the Spanish type or the Mexican type And andouille is the bomb down here. Our favorite andouille comes from a small smoking operation in Laplace, Louisiana (the "andouille capital of the world") and it is to die for. My family has been buying Jacob's andouille since I was knee high; they used to sell it from a table in the back of a small locally run grocery store across the street from my uncle's house in Laplace. They sold it like that for years and many years ago built a wooden shack-looking place to sell from with a similar looking smokehouse built behind it. One time Brian was waiting for some smoked chickens to be finished and the guy asked him if he wanted to go back to the smokehouse with him; he said it was so neat seeing all that sausage and chickens hanging from rafters. I was pea green with envy...

A Jacob's competitor opened years ago but we never shop there. It's Wayne Jacob's -- good, I hear, but not AS GOOD!

Lots of people get turned off by the name but their hog's head cheese is to die for; we buy a big giant slab of the hot type when we go and it freezes well, too. Even Brian eats it, though he wouldn't even try it for years. It's jelled, of course, which is why it's called head cheese. Jacob's is the best I've ever had, and the hot is nice and spicy, too.

If anyone wants to check them out, here's the link. For years, they stopped shipping because the "gov'ment" wanted them to put preservatives in their food and they wouldn't do it. Glad they started again for those home away from home Louisiana people....

http://www.cajunsausage.com/products.htm

480 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 20 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:03 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Crybaby wrote:
UNCLE JIMMY wrote:Recently, I think I was notified, that because I have the Office Home and Student, that there is a free cloud that I can store my pics for free; as long as I pay $$$ for the Office 365 every year. LOL

Yeah, that came "free" with my laptop.  I just got the email to renew and just couldn't see myself paying $69.95 a year for the whole suite, when I just use Word, and not Excel, Access, etc.  So I just purchased Word on its own and downloaded it for $79.95 -- but I'll only pay that once and not every freaking year.  What a racket they've got going now...  I only used the Cloud when I hit it accidentally, as I figured I'd lose everything in the Cloud if I didn't renew...

Yeah, I have two older desk top computers, ( one energized ) and they both came with WORD..... forever. Only problem, is they are using Vista OS.

Like you said...it's a big moneymaker now! .... They got it all figured out.
They will sell a laptop figuring 40% will use Word and the other programs, so they will get the sale, by a lower magnetic catching price. Then, they recoup the profit back by issuing the yearly pay as you go programs like Office.

I am getting the notice to buy the program again now, and I have a new program "Office Home and Student!" 2007. I hope this works? They say also, I can use it on 3 computers. This only comes with Word / Excel / Power-point / and One Note.
I shall soon find out!

481 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 20 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:10 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

Jimmy ,,, getting my coffee order today..  Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 20 3267860543

482 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 20 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:12 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:
Barbara101 wrote:87' here. 90' tomorrow,

Oh Lord No! .... way too hot for me / us !   Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 20 387840482

Thats why I stay inside with the air cond running..Nice 68`.. cheers sunny

483 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 20 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:20 am

Crybaby

Crybaby

Jimmy wrote:I am getting the notice to buy the program again now, and I have a new program "Office Home and Student!" 2007. I hope this works? They say also, I can use it on 3 computers. This only comes with Word / Excel / Power-point / and One Note. I shall soon find out!

That's what they were trying to sell me. Is it $69.95 a year, Jimmy?

484 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 20 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:20 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:Jimmy ,,, getting my coffee order today..  Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 20 3267860543

Great!....and guess what?
DD brought the Krispy Kreams ( only three ) for me last night. Fresh made and delivered to my door! The rest, she took to work. Tina I know bought a few dozen, but I won't see them till later on today when she gets home from PA.

485 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 20 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:27 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:
Barbara101 wrote:Jimmy ,,, getting my coffee order today..  Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 20 3267860543

Great!....and guess what?
DD brought the Krispy Kreams ( only three ) for me last night. Fresh made and delivered to my door! The rest, she took to work. Tina I know bought a few dozen, but I won't see them till later on today when she gets home from PA.

I most certainly will not be eating donuts.. No can not do it..Nope...

486 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 20 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:30 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Crybaby wrote:
Jimmy wrote:I am getting the notice to buy the program again now, and I have a new program "Office Home and Student!" 2007. I hope this works? They say also, I can use it on 3 computers. This only comes with Word / Excel / Power-point / and One Note.  I shall soon find out!

That's what they were trying to sell me.  Is it $69.95 a year, Jimmy?

On Amazon... there is an offer for $69.00 a year for only One (1) license. for one computer. No disc. Just a card with the license #

There are a few stores on ebay that there are people that have computer stores, and they get a free copy with the computer. The computers are older but new, so they scrap them or sell them cheap, and then they are left with Office 365 programs that they sell individually. I bout the previous one full $99.00 365 for $49.00 with free shipping. The guy had 10 available, and it worked fine.

487 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 20 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:18 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 20 11407117_10203999162966826_6414363209341669297_n

Food grilled on a stick..  Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 20 3267860543

488 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 20 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:57 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote: Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 20 11407117_10203999162966826_6414363209341669297_n

Food grilled on a stick..  Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 20 3267860543

Looks good Barb. We used to make them when the kids were living here. DD loved the beef / chicken / pork / shrimp / green/ red pepper / pineapple / red onion . Usually what was avaiable.

Sometimes I would do sausage cubes, but always pre cooked the meat first. And it can't be Italian sausage. IMO .    Don't get me wrong, but I love Italian sausage, but NOT on grilled shishkabob with fruit slices like apples or pineapple and even grapes.

489 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 20 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:18 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Supper was a steak - um sandwich on a burger roll.
( Small ) ..... No KK doughnuts, and there are a dozen glazed that Tina brought back from PA.
I held off on having any. I had one yesterday when DD brought some.
I did have 2 ginger snaps with my KK coffee though. ( Small ones ).
Tina girl, had some of a leftover hot ham sandwich with mashed potatoes and gravy that she didn't finish at a diner they ate at!

490 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 20 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:38 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Oh, wow, Barb.....Greek on a Skewer! That salad and tzazki (sp?) looks SO refreshing!

491 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 20 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:05 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

Thanks.. I didn't really plan to make it, then I saw I had small this and that,, and vegetables that needs eaten. Boom.

492 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 20 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:13 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

BTW:::: my Bunn single serve (made in USA) works great. I made one mug 14oz , of Kahlua . Filled my mug half way lol going to try Tina way to day ,double shot!!!

493 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 20 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:32 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:BTW:::: my  Bunn single serve (made in USA) works great. I made one mug 14oz , of Kahlua . Filled my mug half way lol going to try Tina way to day ,double shot!!!

Tina girl drinks her coffee black. She hits the brew button once, and it dispenses 8 oz. then she opens and closes the lid, and brews through the same k cup, another 8 oz. By this time....the cup ( 16 oz ) is full to the brim.
I tell her be careful, but she spills it sometimes. LOL

494 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 20 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:00 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Tonight was 'Surf & Surf'......Panko Crusted Grouper and Grilled Shrimp.

OMG ~ so FRESH! When we were in St. Augustine yesterday we made a special stop at a fresh fish market so I could get some fresh fish. Whenever I know I'm going to be by the ocean I try to remember to take a small cooler along in the car so I can buy fish and get it home safely. The fish mongers always pack your purchases in a bag with ice so it stays fresh.

Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 20 IMG_20160430_173458531

495 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 20 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:17 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Awesomeness!!!

496 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 20 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:25 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 20 13055440_1729068874039167_2074061090982048696_n

Herbed and grilled chicken breast.

497 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 20 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:38 pm

NormM

NormM

I got some cheese, cold cuts and croissants for sandwiches tonight. No cooking.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

498 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 20 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:44 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Tina bought me a sub / hoagie sandwich whilst she was shopping today.
I ate 1/2 ....with just adding olive oil and rice vinegar with oregano and pepper.

The other 1/2, I took off the lettuce and tomato's so the thing wouldn't get wet and soggy.
I put them in a small baggie, and stowed the sandwich in the fridge. I'll have it for breakfast early this morning. I will be up early till later morning breading city chicken for tomorrows Birthday Meal.
It's DIL's birthday, and I was appointed to make city chicken. Just peeled 5 lbs of potatoes and diced and in water for the mashed potatoes.

Then, I will make a small bowl of potato salad. Tina and DIL like potato salad with their city chicken....... Oh Dear! I will make the gravy for the mashed potatoes. DS won't eat city chicken without gravy on his mashed potatoes..... hahahahahahah.

499 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 20 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Sun May 22, 2016 12:42 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 20 SG1L0107

Over ripe bananas == Awesome banana bread.. added pecans..  Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 20 3267860543  Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 20 2599281016  Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 20 2599281016

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 20 of 20]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum