Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wow!! April already Dinners.

+4
UNCLE JIMMY
Bugster2
Niagara Visitor
NormM
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 20]

251 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 11 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:20 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Yum O Beth. Steak just right.

Steak here to in awhile.really nice day sooooooooooooo cool..Not going to be cool long..Might as well enjoy..

253 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 11 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:25 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 11 12832542_583918335110638_4195210920017339810_n
   polenta and asparagus.

254 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 11 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:30 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 11 12938190_10153659257187523_5148953829890716934_n

dessert I slaved over  geek  Strawberry dump cake. Took all of maybe 5 minutes..

255 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 11 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:04 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:HUGE supper tonight - meat, potatoes, two vegetables and a salad.  That use to be my 'norm' ~ but it gets old real fast when you really don't need all that food at one sitting.

I had a thin London Broil (top round) in the freezer that I thawed in a soy/honey/red wine/dry rosemary marinade....had it in a zip top bag in the refrigerator and just kept turning it over every time I was in the kitchen.  I made some chive butter potatoes, peas & carrots ~ a bit of a play on that one.....pea pods and sugar carrot, braised black kale with onion & bacon and a green been/red onion salad that is marinated in evoo & dill and half a lemon squeezed over just before serving.

S*T*U*F*F*E*D!!!

Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 11 IMG_20160417_171451934

Just ate! Looking at this great meal, makes me hungry!
Nice choice, and low carbs...

256 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 11 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:08 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Spaghetti Sunday today! Just like being a kid and having it!
Nice meatballs and sausage in a great tasting sauce. Crusty Italian bread. Walnut and pecan danish from Harpers Bakery in town.

257 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 11 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:11 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote: Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 11 12832542_583918335110638_4195210920017339810_n
   polenta and asparagus.

Nice meal Barb.

258 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 11 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:37 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Barb - your steak was nice and thick.....perfectly cooked, too! I'll even give you the award for the polenta & asparagus if you only had parmesan with it! I made that pineapple dump cake thing and didn't like it at all. Yours looks better to me because it has much more saucy fruit than mine.

Jimmy-what a comfort food meal! Meatballs AND sausage in your sauce....yum! But yer killin' me with your desserts. I have this incredible urge to go buy a box of Little Debbie Oatmeal Cream Pies and sit and eat 'em all!

259 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 11 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:36 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Oooops !!!... Ate too much spicy sausage. Making burnt toast with butter to settle my tummy. A cup of tea with that. SOooo Soothing!

260 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 11 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:39 am

Crybaby

Crybaby

bethk wrote:
Crybaby wrote:
You could try buying some of the "bloom plenty" type fertilizer, Beth, and putting some on It right away.  You might be able to force some more blooms out if you hurry so you can salvage some of your season.  Can't hurt anything either...

Thanks.  Never heard of that.  But, hey, it's worth a try at this point.

Here's some by Miracle Gro that Home Depot carries but they also carry several different brands.  You can use it every two weeks for a while, Beth, to see if you can force out some more blooms right away.  

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Miracle-Gro-1-5-lb-Water-Soluble-Bloom-Booster-Flower-Food-100192/100058254

QVC has some that I've just started using that is very highly rated, and my results have been truly amazing!  It is called Roberta's Flower Magic Liquid Plant Food; it's $19 (free shipping) but it makes 125 gallons (you only use a teaspoon -- 8 drops! -- per gallon) and it has an unlimited shelf life so it's good for years.  I have blooms coming out of plants like you wouldn't believe, and I've been using it on flowering plants and also on a tomato plant to hurry and force out more blooms before it gets too hot here for the blossoms to fruit.  Even Brian is amazed at how well it works. The nice thing about this one is that you can hand spray it on the leaves AND use it to water the plants with -- it's safe to use every time you water.

http://www.qvc.com/Robertas-Flower-Magic-Liquid-Plant-Food.product.M17521.html?upsh=1&sc=M7503-CSWB

QVC also sells something they call a micronutrient that's called Spray & Flourish for plants.  It's a bit more expensive ($26.50 & free shipping) but it's made the same way per gallon and makes 125 gallons.  You can use it alone or in tandem with the Flower Magic.  I water the plants with the solution but most often mist the leaves with it using my hand sprayer.  About a week ago, an old, rather disheveled looking pot of rosemary I have on the deck (big old plant is in the garden) got tipped over in a storm and had obviously been on its side for a while, as it was all dried out and half dead.  It only had usable rosemary at the very end of its maybe six thin branches that were still alive so I watered it with some Spray & Flourish mixture and stood it up in a plant stand so it wouldn't tip over again.  Figured I'd just finish using the tops that were still good and then junk the plant.  Today I was transplanting some SunPatiens into hanging pots and I noticed that the rosemary plant has little nubs of green sprouting out all up and down what I thought were dead stems.  Some of the oldest stems are indeed dead but I was amazed at all the new growth coming out of the old dried up wood.  Have to give the Spray & Flourish the credit.  Love the stuff.  It's kept those baby SunPatiens I got prior to Brian's fall looking good inside their little tiny pots they came in in a low light window for three whole weeks.  I would spray the stuff onto the dirt in the pots to keep them watered and would also spritz the leaves every other day or so when watering them.  I thought for sure they would die before I could find the time and feel good enough and up to getting out there and transplanting them (this included a trip to Home Depot to get some new hanging baskets and pots for the new plants, and figuring out how to get the heavy bags of dirt from the car to my back deck -- not easy to do but I'm getting it done one bag at a time per day I attempt it).  Now that they're in the larger pots, I will use the Flower Magic on them when they need water.  

Bethk wrote:We have to go to Home Depot for some more dog repellent to sprinkle on the grass.  I get so tired of people from other neighborhoods stopping their golf carts at the end of my yard and letting their crappy little dogs use our yard as a dog park.  If you have a pet, train the little crapper to do it's buisness on YOUR grass....your brown, dead grass.

That makes me CRAZY!  Today in our area, more and more people are picking up their dogs' poop, which is quite amazing.  I'm on the river road and the levee is across from my house and they're even picking it up there (everyone in the city, it seems, comes to walk their dogs here as they sometimes let them off leash).  We have a "stoop house" (no front yard) but people will STILL let their pooches poop on the grass between the sidewalk and the street in front of my house.  One morning I was standing in the window (our house is raised a couple of feet so I look down to the sidewalk) and a well dressed man was walking his little dog down the sidewalk in front of our house.  We'd just painted the white posts that hold up the balcony and his dog, on a leash, peed on three of the four posts while walking by.  Of course, the man paused on his walk to let the little dog do this.  I opened the front door and said, "Well, thanks a bunch for that!  We just finished painting those posts," to which he replied, "Well, what would you expect me to do?"  I looked at him and said, "It's easy. Just keep walking and pull on the leash you've got in your hand until you get him to some grass!  That would work a lot better than just letting him pee three times on the front of my house."  He just turned and walked away, and I got out the hose.  Granted, it wasn't poop but it just ticked me off; I guess it was the three squirts that got to me!

It's one thing when a dog is by itself and stops to poop on your lawn; it's quite another when the owner ALLOWS him to do it!  Good luck with that repellent; does it work?

Last edited by Crybaby on Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:32 am; edited 1 time in total

261 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 11 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:58 am

Crybaby

Crybaby

Bethk wrote:HUGE supper tonight - meat, potatoes, two vegetables and a salad. That use to be my 'norm' ~ but it gets old real fast when you really don't need all that food at one sitting.

I had a thin London Broil (top round) in the freezer that I thawed in a soy/honey/red wine/dry rosemary marinade....had it in a zip top bag in the refrigerator and just kept turning it over every time I was in the kitchen. I made some chive butter potatoes, peas & carrots ~ a bit of a play on that one.....pea pods and sugar carrot, braised black kale with onion & bacon and a green been/red onion salad that is marinated in evoo & dill and half a lemon squeezed over just before serving.

S*T*U*F*F*E*D!!!

It's funny how you tend to eat less as you get older, especially, as you say, at one sitting. I guess it's 'cause our metabolism slows down. It also seems nicer to have small snacks more often during the day than a big meal at the end of the day.

I've never been a big fan of peas & carrots mixed together; I can eat them, of course, but not a fan. But those pea pods and sliced carrots looked really good, Beth.

262 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 11 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:25 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

Gosh Jimmy that is not fun. I hate when that happens.

263 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 11 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:16 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:Gosh Jimmy that is not fun. I hate when that happens.

Thanks Barb, but I will say, that charcoal burnt toast surely did the trick.
I slept so good last night; and no issues.
It's probably mind over matter Tina says, but my theory is, that the charcoal absorbs excess acid and gasses.

264 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 11 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:19 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Dinner made. I have left over pasta so I made pie lol

Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 11 Spaghetti%20pie

265 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 11 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:04 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Tina cooked some awesome thin cut pork cutlets tonight.
Had stovetop stuffing, macaroni salad, and tender early baby peas. Applesauce on the side! BTW... Cowboy Supper Tonight ....Eat out of the Pots! LOL

Coconut custard pie for dessert....l a t e r !

Hey! Beth! ... check out the crust on the pie. It looks like either the baker hammered it in; or used the fist to punch it in the pan. Now, this was bought from a bakery in PA that Tina picked up. It was awesome tasting, and loaded with coconut, but not a pretty presentation.
I'm gonna have some ( lots ) later!

Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 11 JDdyE4

Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 11 YHyiPU

Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 11 BNJFyf

266 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 11 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:37 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Suppers look great! Barb - looks like an alfredo sauce? Lately I've made just the exact amount of pasta for the 2 of us. I'm getting in the habit of weighing it....2 oz. of dry is enough for two. I'm getting hungry for some fried spaghetti.....leftover noodles crisped up in some butter with some onion caramelized a bit. Great lunch!

Jimmy, at least your pie LOOKS like a pie. Remember the 'blind baked' crust that was docked with a machete? It left so many of us speechless!

Tonight was a salad supper again (so look at the pic from the other night, please). Lyn asked me to go running around with her and I asked Dane what he wanted for supper before I took off for the day. He said he wanted salad so all I did was take a small piece of ham out of the freezer to thaw. I already had some eggs hard cooked. With the egg and either ham or chicken there is enough protein to let the salad be filling enough.

While I was gone Dane mopped the kitchen floor and the garage. Sometimes he CAN be super nice to have around the house! I had planned to clean the kitchen floor tomorrow so it was nice to come home and find that won't be on my 'to-do' list.

267 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 11 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:02 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 11 Spaghetti%20pie3

1 cup of milk & 3 eggs. Mix well.

I grated in 4 oz. of fontina cheese, and 1/2 cup of grated Parmigiano Reggiano.

Mix all together with the cheeses and season w/ black pepper.

Pour into the buttered pie dish and grind some fresh Parm on top.

Bake in a 400F oven for 35-40 minutes until the pie is puffed and golden.

268 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 11 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:39 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

OK, so I could sub my 'acceptable' mozarella for the icky fontina (just kidding....it's not icky to anyone but ME). That might just be something I could make that he would eat once in a great while. I've been hungry for another asparagus frittata.....maybe that's what I could do.

Now you have my mind spinnin'!

269 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 11 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:40 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Took slab of ribs from the freezer

Will do them in the oven... 90' today. Bummed.

270 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 11 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:43 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Waiting for plumber.... I cleaned the kitchen and vacuumed.. I really want to nap

271 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 11 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:51 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Oh and I saw a book on FB author was pushing. Looked like something that I would like. It is almost $5. I said to bad I don't buy books that price. The most I pay is $2. Or free.... Well don't you know the author message me and said I can download it for free lol gave me a link ... Guess it is good to open mouth HA

272 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 11 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:31 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:Waiting for plumber.... I cleaned the kitchen and vacuumed.. I really want to nap

Ha Ha .... that's funny. I always say, when waiting for someone, you can sit and wait, and look out the window, and they never show up. God forbid though, I go in the bathroom, and knock knock, ding ding, and there they are! Never fails.

Like today, I went to take out the garbage, and scoop the poopy box....all like 5 minutes total, and wouldn't you know, two phone calls came in and went to the voice mail.

273 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 11 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:10 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

The repair men arrive and the telephone rings just when I start to take a nap.

274 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 11 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:17 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

6:15 . Not here. I want to eat .

275 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 11 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:21 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:The repair men arrive and the telephone rings just when I start to take a nap.

hhhahahahahahahaahahaha  Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 11 2876911673

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 20]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum