Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wow!! April already Dinners.

+4
UNCLE JIMMY
Bugster2
Niagara Visitor
NormM
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down  Message [Page 18 of 20]

426 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 18 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:14 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Not the same thing at all but trying to activate my Visa card I got from Direct tv on my phone was PIA.finally had to do it online.

427 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 18 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:48 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

You know you have 'hit the nail on the head' when your husband tells you your potato salad is EVIL!

LOL

Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 18 IMG_20160425_171406178_HDR

Truly, this was probably the best potato salad I have EVER made. Usual dressing: equal blobs of Hellmann's Mayo, Miracle Whip & Sour Cream, some glugs of Tennessee Sunshine hot sauce, a good amount of black pepper and a tiny bit of sugar. The potatoes (2 medium tonight) got peeled & cubed and simmered until tender (al dente tender) and drained ~ then a splash of cider vinegar to just flavor the potatoes a tiny bit.....a bunch of chopped celery and 3 hard cooked eggs. The big flavor boost came from a combo of parsley, chives and dill ~ a good 1/4 c. for a small 2 person serving. It took the dish over the top in flavor. And, thus, now reins as 'The EVIL Potato Salad'.

I'll let him moan about the calorie count. I kept telling him the key is PORTION CONTROL......but then he looked at me and said, "YOU are EVIL".

Hahahahahaha! He'll live.

428 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 18 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:00 pm

Niagara Visitor

The problem with getting rid of that VISA at this time is that I have a lot of Aeroplan points collected. If I cancel the card, I lose the points. Dealing with the hassle is a hassle, but getting rid of the card is not something I want to do yet. Hubby and I have done a lot of travel with the points collected on that card since it came out. There are a couple of trips in my future using the card.

429 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 18 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:36 pm

NormM

NormM

When I ordered this computer, my credit card company cancelled the purchase then contacted me to tell me. When I told them it was a legitimate charge, they told me to order again and they would let it go through. Apple sent me two computers. They took one back of course.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

430 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 18 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:43 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Mine wasn't a security breach. It was a case of the waitress adding the tip in after they left the restaurant.

431 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 18 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:54 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Well my photo bucket will not open!!!! ????

Beth. Looks good.

432 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 18 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:00 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Probably just tired ~ my PB does that sometimes. I just wait it out.

433 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 18 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:02 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Yeah that's what I am doing. This pos. Laptop is going out.

434 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 18 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:09 pm

Niagara Visitor

All the charges that have gone on my VISA cards have been Internet charges. I don't do net banking, I don't purchase over the net. I have had two monthly charges that were going on my card, and I have switched them over to a MasterCard. Visa told me in one of the many conversations that I have had with their fraud department that having the card compromised most often does not have something to do with an actual purchase that I have made. They explained that "The bad guys" sometimes use a computer which continually spits out card numbers and expiry dates, and occasionally the align similar to the slot machines in Vegas. Then the computer yells "BINGO" (sort of) and they know that they have a legitimate card. Wish I could do that in Vegas!

I have a fairly high limit ($20,000) and have suggested that it should be lowered but they tell me that's not necessary either. We maintained a high limit simply because we used to travel to Germany quite regularly and wanted to know that if an emergency came up we wouldn't be stuck. That isn't the case any more so I should probably change it. If I needed a quick OK, I could get that with just a phone call too.

435 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 18 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:09 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

New FLASH !!!!

If you put a pan of water and 7 eggs on the stove to come to a boil you should NOT walk away, go to watch TV in your bedroom, consequently fall asleep (because you just finished a huge supper). After 2 hours (that's right.....2 freekin' hours!) you get awakened with, "WHAT are you COOKING????"

One of the eggs had exploded....and, yes, it has a green ring around the yolk.

But it's well cooked.

Thank goodness the pan did not boil dry.

Mr. Dummy (who cleaned up the kitchen after supper and never noticed a pan on the stove) will get to eat the others for his protein snacks later in the week.

I hope he chokes.

436 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 18 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:16 pm

Niagara Visitor

My son had the eggs explode but they kept on burning in the pot, and it was apparently the worst smell ever. I bought him an egg cooker after that which turns off after the water is gone. He said not long ago that the worst thing that he's done since then is put water in it, plug it in go to have a shower, and when it went beep to say the eggs are done, he realized that he forgot to put the eggs in.. Laughing Laughing Laughing

437 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 18 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:30 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

I have boiled eggs till they burned. The eggs exploded all over the kitchen. I had to pick up pieces of egg shrapnel all day. It stunk but no worse than any other burnt food.

438 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 18 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:44 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Yeah been there done that lol

439 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 18 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:42 pm

NormM

NormM

My photobucket won't open either.  We had jerk pork chops, killer shrimp, Asian type slaw, rice and roasted brussels sprouts.

This is a link to the picture on Shutterfly

https://pix.sfly.com/xm3jDS

440 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 18 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:00 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

OMG wow ! Lol I ate awesome Asian wings . Big baked fries ---

441 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 18 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:40 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Out of curiosity, how are you getting your pictures in Photobucket or Shutterfly? Through sending it through your phone or connecting a camera to you computer?

442 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 18 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:03 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Well, finely a great tasting easy supper. Thin sliced eye round minute steaks, and Spanish fried onion wedges softened with bell pepper strips. Heaped on seeded soft rolls, then blanketed with cheese; then toasted in the broiler till the cheese melted. The flavor, was in the onions. Lately yellow onions had been so dry, and at the point where they didn't even smell like onions. No tears slicing them either.

Tina said she would try the Spanish onions, and I'm so glad.

This week is a messed up week...and a Happy / Thankful but Sad Week.
Sad that Tina's Aunt Marge Died at 96 y/o, but Happy that she got her wish of wanting to go to her maker.
She just slept with oxygen support, and slid into a coma till she passed peacefully, with no pain after 3 day's.

Tina was glad that last week, she made pigs feet, and brought them to her Aunt to eat. She was wishing for them for her birthday ( which was last week ).
Tina went to the nursing home to tell the brother ( Uncle Gabe ), and he just shrugged his shoulders and said," Oh well, she lived a good long life!" .... Not a care or a drop of a tear in his eyes. He could care less!

Oh well! Life goes on! "May the souls of the faithfully departed, rest in peace.... Amen!"

443 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 18 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:21 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Bugster2 wrote:Out of curiosity, how are you getting your pictures in Photobucket or Shutterfly? Through sending it through your phone or connecting a camera to you computer?

I can do both. If I use my camera (Kodak point/shoot) I can take the pic stick and insert it into my pc, download the pic to a file on my computer (drag & drop) and then move to Photobucket.

My new 'smart phone' (Motorola Droid) has a free Photobucket app. ALL pics I take with my phone get automatically deposited in my Photobucket account ~ super easy.

444 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 18 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:00 am

NormM

NormM

My camera has a memory card that fits in a slot on my computer and that transfers it to a photo album on the computer. From there I can put it on a photo sharing site. I just joined Shutterfly when Photobucket stopped working. If I take a picture with my phone, I can email it to myself then transfer it to photobucket.

445 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 18 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:01 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

It's a pain lol taking a pic with my phone is so much better than that expensive camera I bought. Goes right to FB . I got the PB app and it won't let me get in . I don't remember the password.
So I have to put them on FB (not a fan) then right click my laptop mouse and put to save . That goes to my pic file ..then I have to open PB , click on upload,my files open and I find the new pic and hit the code right click that..open this cooking friends page, find where I want to post. Open that lol. Then right click my mouse and the picture posted. Ghezz I have it down but seems like a better way to do it..
I did it a couple times from my phone but I have no clue how I did it. ???

446 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 18 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:01 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 18 12932590_956611344415302_7260069031144289947_n

PB working..messy messy wings but I licked my fingers clean..

447 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 18 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:50 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I can use a cord / wire that they call a fire wire, to download my cameras pics, or I can pull out the card, and insert it in the memory card SD slot; which downloads faster!

Recently, I think I was notified, that because I have the Office Home and Student, that there is a free cloud that I can store my pics for free; as long as I pay $$$ for the Office 365 every year. LOL

448 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 18 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:03 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

My life would be so stress free if I did not have a laptop or iphone or everything digital. car that takes a genius to figure out all crap on it.Or kitchen appliances that work for years with no issues. Quality has gone down the drain..

Trying to find a decent coffeemaker is making me so mad........Never ever have I seen so many crap ones.Just read the reviews on every site out there..NONE are worth it..
I may buy a POS low down cheap HB at wal mart for $35. and when it craps out just buy another on e lol..Plus plus they only make tops a 10oz cup..  Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 18 2855670339  Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 18 1562938848  Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 18 574689230

449 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 18 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:39 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:My life would be so stress free if I did not have a laptop or iphone or everything digital. car that takes a genius to figure out all crap on it.Or kitchen appliances that work for years with no issues. Quality has gone down the drain..

Trying to find a decent coffeemaker is making me so mad........Never ever have I seen so many crap ones.Just read the reviews on every site out there..NONE are worth it..
I may buy a POS low down cheap HB at wal mart for $35. and when it craps out just buy another on e lol..Plus plus they only make tops a 10oz cup..  Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 18 2855670339  Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 18 1562938848  Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 18 574689230

Barb, I / we have the Keurig single serve, and the standard size is set on 8 oz.
Tina likes the 16 oz. so she just lifts the handle after the first 8 oz. again, and it fills her cup ( big one ) perfectly.

450 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 18 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:09 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Barb, I / we have the Keurig single serve, and the standard size is set on 8 oz.
Tina likes the 16 oz. so she just lifts the handle after the first 8 oz. again, and it fills her cup ( big one ) perfectly

Really???? oh thats what I want then lol. What is it? They have tons of them.Just ordered all that kcups coffee and if the one I have does not work ,I will need to fine one fast....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 18 of 20]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum