Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wow!! April already Dinners.

+4
UNCLE JIMMY
Bugster2
Niagara Visitor
NormM
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down  Message [Page 19 of 20]

451 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 19 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:45 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Barb, my car is 15 years old and I still don't know how most of the stuff works. I still have to pull out the manual every time I want to set the clock.

Jimmy......I heard that Krispy Kreme is going to have a special this Thursday: buy 1 dozen, get 1 dozen free.

452 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 19 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:54 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Bugster2 wrote:Barb, my car is 15 years old and I still don't know how most of the stuff works. I still have to pull out the manual every time I want to set the clock.

Jimmy......I heard that Krispy Kreme is going to have a special this Thursday: buy 1 dozen, get 1 dozen free.

DO NOT tell him that affraid

I had the dealer set my clock hahahha gal at at$t to do my bluetooth.

I still,,,turn on the wipers instead of reaching for the console  gearshift...AND I hate that backup camera,I wish I could turn it off.That keyless starter still worrys me too....

453 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 19 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:09 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:
Bugster2 wrote:Barb, my car is 15 years old and I still don't know how most of the stuff works. I still have to pull out the manual every time I want to set the clock.

DO NOT tell him that affraid

I had the dealer set my clock hahahha gal at at$t to do my bluetooth.

I still,,,turn on the wipers instead of reaching for the console  gearshift...AND I hate that backup camera,I wish I could turn it off.That keyless starter still worrys me too....

Already got the reminder in the car for the KK BOGO free day / the 28th. Laughing Laughing

454 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 19 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:29 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Jimmy, do you freeze your donuts? If you do, and you defrost them, don't they turn into a runny mess?

455 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 19 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:38 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:Jimmy, do you freeze your donuts? If you do, and you defrost them, don't they turn into a runny mess?

The last batch Tina got a dozen in the 1/2 dozen box. I froze them...( each box ) wrapped in cheap foil ( the supermarket stuff ) then in a plastic baggie zip lock 2 gallon size which fits two boxes of doughnuts.
They sat in the freezer like 4 weeks. I took out one box, and brought it upstairs into the refrigerator to slowly come from - 10º to 37º in the refrigerator side.

As we want the doughnuts, we take out 1 or 2, and set it out at room temperature for like 15 minutes. Then we eat. After 4 -- 5 days though, forget it. Then they get drippy.
I still eat them though! hahahahaha.....

456 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 19 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:23 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 19 12932914_956610487748721_4912060103106346972_n

Mexican dinner...

457 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 19 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:04 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Good looking meal, barb. I do like the green verde sauce.

Dane's sister came for the day/evening. I made some meaty ribs, baked/grilled sweet potatoes and broccoli.....

Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 19 IMG_20160426_171853372_HDR

458 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 19 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:48 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Leftover minute steak sandwich with fried peppers , onions and... cheese. For Me!

Cookies ( Keebler shortbread butter cookies )....for my dessert.

Tina had a PB&J with raspberry jam.

459 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 19 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:48 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

No cooking tonight.....neighborhood 'Patio Party'. Just have to BYOB & chairs.

460 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 19 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:56 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 19 13043489_1020194531399077_8123639698380665012_n

461 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 19 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:16 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

beautiful, bountiful fried rice!

462 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 19 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:18 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 19 2453703928      and no I can not eat with chop sticks...lol..prop...

463 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 19 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:43 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote: Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 19 2453703928      and no I can not eat with chop sticks...lol..prop...

If I was fed well, but allowed only 15 minutes to eat it with ONLY chop sticks.... I would weigh only 120 pounds. No

464 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 19 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:02 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Per, my suggestion, Tina made Tuna salad.... the usual with onions and chopped celery and Mayo. I had mine on light toast with lettuce. Then a slice of toast with just a lump of tuna and folded in half.

Soon... KK coffee, and some Ginger Snaps.

I'm steaming a head of cauliflower. Why? I don't know, smells like a fart let loose by a pig in this house!

465 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 19 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:08 pm

NormM

NormM

I was surprised see that to the the local grocery store offer products that were made with Heritage meats raised without any hormones or manufactured food products.  I got some chorizo and andouille.  Since Cassie isn't here, I have more freedom to get stuff I know she doesn't like and she doesn't like chorizo.  We had some homemade mustard, hollandaise, asparagus, kraut and baked potato as sides.

Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 19 DSCN3459_zpsjqymyhuh

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

466 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 19 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:12 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Nice dinner Norm.

467 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 19 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:13 pm

NormM

NormM

Thanks.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

468 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 19 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:40 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Last night we went to the Newport Beach Film Festival showing of a documentary called "Orange Sunshine". It was about how Laguna Beach became the world's largest manufacturer and distributor of LSD and hashish. Very, very interesting. This took place in the 60's. It was a group of college educated people who felt that the world would be a better place if everyone was "enlightened". This was when LSD was still legal but very expensive, so they decided to make their own and sell it at a price anyone could afford. The Hell's Angels were the main ditstributors. They also were the people that broke Timothy Leary out of prison. They paid the Weather Underground to transport him to Canada.
I never was into the drug scene nor do I drink but it was really interesting to hear the story. Amusing too. This group of people were staying at a motel and a cop came to arrest them for smoking weed. They pushed him into the pool and took off running.
After the movie we went to a local restaurant and Joe and Roomie had salads and wine. I didn't eat.
Tonight I might make fried chicken fingers. Homemade, not frozen. I have some mac & cheese to go with it.

469 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 19 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:20 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:Last night we went to the Newport Beach Film Festival showing of a documentary called "Orange Sunshine". It was about how Laguna Beach became the  world's largest manufacturer and distributor of LSD and hashish. Very, very interesting. This took place in the 60's. It was a group of college educated people who felt that the world would be a better place if everyone was "enlightened". This was when LSD was still legal but very expensive, so they decided to make their own and sell it at a price anyone could afford. The Hell's Angels were the main ditstributors. They also were the people that broke Timothy Leary out of prison. They paid the Weather Underground to transport him to Canada.
I never was into the drug scene nor do I drink but it was really interesting to hear the story. Amusing too. This group of people were staying at a motel and a cop came to arrest them for smoking weed. They pushed him into the pool and took off running.
After the movie we went to a local restaurant and Joe and Roomie had salads and wine. I didn't eat.
Tonight I might make fried chicken fingers. Homemade, not frozen. I have some mac & cheese to go with it.

I was never into the drugs ( AKA 'DOPE"...in the 60's ) except for Malox, Anacin ,
Excedrin, and Rolaids ...lol . The biggest buzz I ever got was after running out of ciggs, and not smoking for like 12 hours till I picked up a pack. That first one, would drift my head into a tizzle for like 10 seconds. hahahahaha.

470 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 19 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:04 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Tonight I was clueless as to what to fix for supper. I saw the leftover ribs and decided to just add some extra BBQ sauce and reheat them in the oven. Then I made up a Pasta Florentine....medium shells with tomato and an entire package of baby spinach. It was pretty good. I probably write that one down! LOL

Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 19 IMG_20160428_164738473

471 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 19 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:32 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Looks like what I made a while ago. Looks good.

I don't know what I want lol I might just make taco salad or something like that.

So this happened today....Chris is building a boat shed and a covered dock. At Home Depot a very large oak board fell on his head. Damn near knocked him out. After messing with HD paper work and raised hell to get copies of reports went to ER and has a concussion. He might just sue !!!!

472 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 19 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:40 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 19 13015394_10206194137429516_5814574065679472471_n

473 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 19 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:54 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Barbara101 wrote:Looks like what I made a while ago.  Looks good.

I don't know what I want lol I might just make taco salad or something like that.

So this happened today....Chris is building a boat shed and a covered dock. At Home Depot a very large oak board fell on his head.  Damn near knocked him out. After messing with HD paper work and raised hell to get copies of reports went to ER and has a concussion. He might just sue !!!!

Somebody should keep tabs on him just in case. I just saw where a kid fell off his bike. Didn't say he hit his head but two days later mom found him lethargic. Took him to the hospital. Seems he had a skull fracture and a bleed. Emergency surgery and a 50/50 chance. He made it but jeeeez! Those head injuries can be insidious.

474 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 19 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:14 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Had leftover fried rice I found, and a tuna salad on whole grain bread.
2 Orios and coffee. Temps in the 40's today. Would you believe the heat is on in some rooms.
Nice though!

475 Wow!! April already Dinners. - Page 19 Empty Re: Wow!! April already Dinners. Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:29 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

87' here. 90' tomorrow,

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 19 of 20]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum