Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

"OCTOBER" 2015 What's for Breakfast / Lunch ??

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

bethk

bethk
Admin

I had some of the London Broil left over from last night and I pulled it out to use for a sandwich for lunch.....suddenly an 'old standard' came to mind, something I've not made or eaten for years. Ground meat sandwich ~ when I was a kid my mom would grind leftover steak (in our house, rare grilled chuck steak was 'steak' ~ no such thing as rib eye or strip steak). She ground it using an old crank type grinder that was secured to the cupboard top. If you didn't grind leftover chuck steak you might as well have just tossed it out the back door for the cats to fight over, it was SO tough.

But, since I don't have a crank grinder anymore (and I'm not going to pull out my KitchenAid attachment for a tiny bit of leftover meat) I just cut it into small bits and tossed it into my mini chop. As long as I didn't let it process too long it was good, not pulsed to a puree for sure. I added some finely minced celery and onion and then mixed in a tiny bit of sweet pickle relish and my MiracleWhip. OMG, what a blast from the past!

Even though Dane didn't want a sandwich made (two slices of bread, yada, yada, yada) he did manage to get a good taste on a few crackers, like an appetizer spread.

Barbara101

Barbara101

LOL hate to bust his bubble but crackers have as many if not more carbs then bread..

bethk

bethk
Admin

Duh....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum