Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

"OCTOBER 2016...WHATS FOR BREAKFAST/LUNCH/BRUNCH?"

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I just fried some ham slices in a little oil and butter.
I am wishing for scrambled eggs and cheese. I may have some of those crescent rolls with it. Usually I pop those pillsbury blue tube biscuits in the oven, but we cannot get them any more. No

bethk

bethk
Admin

maybe they're 'seasonal', Jimmy.....Might come back at certain times of the year.

Crybaby

Crybaby

Brian just brought me a nicely toasted onion bagel with cream cheese and some of that freshly ground Citrus A'peel seasoning that I keep raving about! Mmm. He's so cute, as he comes up the stairs halfway, or a little more than half, and I go down the rest of the way. But he makes me laugh just about every morning when he does it, as he hollers out, "Room service!" to alert me that he's on his way up.

On his first trip up in the morning, he brings me a cup of coffee and a glass of iced coffee (with hazelnut syrup in it -- my favorite!) so I can take my pills with it. Isn't he just a doll?

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Crybaby wrote:Brian just brought me a nicely toasted onion bagel with cream cheese and some of that freshly ground Citrus A'peel seasoning that I keep raving about!  Mmm.  He's so cute, as he comes up the stairs halfway, or a little more than half, and I go down the rest of the way.  But he makes me laugh just about every morning when he does it, as he hollers out, "Room service!" to alert me that he's on his way up.  

On his first trip up in the morning, he brings me a cup of coffee and a glass of iced coffee (with hazelnut syrup in it -- my favorite!) so I can take my pills with it.  Isn't he just a doll?

He's a Prince! God bless you both!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:maybe they're 'seasonal', Jimmy.....Might come back at certain times of the year.

Nope! ... Tina called, and the woman said they are not made anymore, for now anyway.

bethk

bethk
Admin

We got home at 5:30 ~ I had time enough to tell Dane about the 'highlights' of our trip before he went to bed. I'm on my second cocktail and about to fall asleep in the chair.........

No supper, but that's OK.

I'll try to find my pics and tell you about our wonderful lunch on our trip home tomorrow. I'm too tired tonight. Goodnight all!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Made breaded pork chops for supper. Whacked them with the tenderizer a little.
Added corn meal to the plain bread crumbs. They were good! Leftovers for nibbling on as snacks!
Tina got home at 9:15.She's whooped!

cookingirl

cookingirl

Nite Nite Beth and Tina

bethk

bethk
Admin

I did an oven meal tonight.....boneless, skin-on chicken breast ~ liberally seasoned with whatever I happened to grab out of the cabinet, baked sweet potato & roasted cauliflower/broccoli, seasoned with s&p, red pepper flakes & evoo.

For whatever reason my photobucket account has decided to change where it downloads my pics taken with my 'smart' phone. I cannot find tonight's pic at all.

But you've all seen it before ~ same-old-same-old (I'm such a creature of habit).

1DomesticGoddess

1DomesticGoddess

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:Usually I pop those pillsbury blue tube biscuits in the oven, but we cannot get them any more. No

Jimmy, our grocery stores sell them where I live.
Funny you can't get them where you live. How strange!

For breakfast I had, Apple Cinnamon Bread & Cherry Mocha Coffee

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

1DomesticGoddess wrote:
UNCLE JIMMY wrote:Usually I pop those pillsbury blue tube biscuits in the oven, but we cannot get them any more. No

Jimmy, our grocery stores sell them where I live.
Funny you can't get them where you live. How strange!

For breakfast I had, Apple Cinnamon Bread & Cherry Mocha Coffee

Yeah! The original small biscuits, they come in a pack of 4 ??
They stopped offering them for sale here.

bethk

bethk
Admin

It's a conspiracy against you, Jimmy. You ought to write to the grocery store AND the manufacturer. Maybe they'll ship them directly to you.....

bethk

bethk
Admin

For my lunch today I made an egg salad sandwich....

Decided to try something a bit different. I used a hand grater (holes about the same size as the large holes on a box grater) to grate my hard cooked egg. Then I put 4 olives on the grater and pushed them through with my palm, too. I finely chopped some celery (it's not egg salad for me without a tiny bit of crunchy celery) and added my Miracle Whip (are you gagging yet Bugs???).

It was really tasty. The grated egg and olives all mixed together well and the olives/pimentos gave it a really nice salty contrast to the sweetness of the MW.

I suppose you could try this with Hellmann's......

LOL

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:For my lunch today I made an egg salad sandwich....

Decided to try something a bit different.  I used a hand grater (holes about the same size as the large holes on a box grater) to grate my hard cooked egg.  Then I put 4 olives on the grater and pushed them through with my palm, too.  I finely chopped some celery (it's not egg salad for me without a tiny bit of crunchy celery) and added my Miracle Whip (are you gagging yet Bugs???).

It was really tasty.  The grated egg and olives all mixed together well and the olives/pimentos gave it a really nice salty contrast to the sweetness of the MW.

I suppose you could try this with Hellmann's......

LOL
Sounds good to me Beth.
I remember the first egg salad I made. Grated onion and celery. Tina would not eat it. Just plain egg and pepper and salt with mayo. Period.

bethk

bethk
Admin

She'd be very unhappy with MY egg salad! But that's OK. I'd make it just the way she likes it if she were sitting at my kitchen counter chatting with me.........

Everyone gets to like or dis-like whatever they want. Just don't tell me there's only ONE way to make something and everyone has to like it. That's when I get mad.

LOL

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:She'd be very unhappy with MY egg salad!  But that's OK.  I'd make it just the way she likes it if she were sitting at my kitchen counter chatting with me.........

Everyone gets to like or dis-like whatever they want.  Just don't tell me there's only ONE way to make something and everyone has to like it.  That's when I get mad.

LOL

Thank you from Tina, but I would love your egg salad.
Now it's funny; because she likes celery and onions chopped in chicken, or tuna salad.

I use a stainless mixing bowl with a pastry cutter to chop chop chop the eggs fine. It almost looks as if there are NO Whites. I don't like chopped big egg whites. Then salt, and onion powder.
I add mayo, but not to make it watery.

bethk

bethk
Admin

The hand grater or box grater worked great....quick and easy and everything went into the bowl instead of all over the counter like it does when I use a small cutting board and try to scrape the cut egg into the bowl.....

1DomesticGoddess

1DomesticGoddess

A cup of... Chocolate Covered Cherry Coffee, and buttered toast.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum