Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

SEPTEMBER 2015.."What's For Dinner??"

+4
Imelda HL
NormM
bethk
UNCLE JIMMY
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18

Go down  Message [Page 18 of 18]

426SEPTEMBER 2015.."What's For Dinner??" - Page 18 Empty Re: SEPTEMBER 2015.."What's For Dinner??" Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:33 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Diff strokes..Kale,quinoa,greens, other stuff.. No

427SEPTEMBER 2015.."What's For Dinner??" - Page 18 Empty Re: SEPTEMBER 2015.."What's For Dinner??" Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:24 pm

NormM

NormM

I tried something new for me. I cooked in a skillet with the food on top of a piece of parchment to hold the potatoes in place while they were browning. It worked-sorta. The recipe is called fish with potato scales. I used swordfish. The side dishes were mushrooms with green peppers and onions with a red wine sauce and little bitty eggplants cooked in butter and brushed with a Korean dipping sauce thinned down with Ponzu.

SEPTEMBER 2015.."What's For Dinner??" - Page 18 DSCN2963_zpsbnbuguoa

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

428SEPTEMBER 2015.."What's For Dinner??" - Page 18 Empty Re: SEPTEMBER 2015.."What's For Dinner??" Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:26 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:I tried something new for me. I cooked in a skillet with the food on top of a piece of parchment to hold the potatoes in place while they were browning.  It worked-sorta.  The recipe is called fish with potato scales. I used swordfish. The side dishes were mushrooms with green peppers and onions with a red wine sauce and little bitty eggplants cooked in butter and brushed with a Korean dipping sauce thinned down with Ponzu.

SEPTEMBER 2015.."What's For Dinner??" - Page 18 DSCN2963_zpsbnbuguoa

Sounds...and looks good Norm. ???? the Korean Dipping Sauce??? You made it? or it is available in stores???
I remember Tina bought a hot spicy dipping sauce for dumplings in the Oriental store. She hasn't seen it at any other stores.

429SEPTEMBER 2015.."What's For Dinner??" - Page 18 Empty Re: SEPTEMBER 2015.."What's For Dinner??" Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:11 am

NormM

NormM

This is the dipping sauce. I don't know the name because I can't read Korean. My son got it at a Korean store for some pork belly that he cooked the other day.

SEPTEMBER 2015.."What's For Dinner??" - Page 18 DSCN2951_zpsstapcvcl

430SEPTEMBER 2015.."What's For Dinner??" - Page 18 Empty Re: SEPTEMBER 2015.."What's For Dinner??" Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:32 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:This is the dipping sauce. I don't know the name because I can't read Korean. My son got it at a Korean store for some pork belly that he cooked the other day.

SEPTEMBER 2015.."What's For Dinner??" - Page 18 DSCN2951_zpsstapcvcl

Thanks Norm.... I guess I could print it, and Tina could flash it at the oriental store....

431SEPTEMBER 2015.."What's For Dinner??" - Page 18 Empty Re: SEPTEMBER 2015.."What's For Dinner??" Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:25 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

So explain more about the potato/fish cooking.....

you layered the potatoes like scales on top of the fish, then topped with parchment and cooked parchment side down to hold the potatoes in place on the fish? Did you oil both sides of the parchment?

432SEPTEMBER 2015.."What's For Dinner??" - Page 18 Empty Re: SEPTEMBER 2015.."What's For Dinner??" Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:50 am

NormM

NormM

I sliced the potatoes in water and kept in the refrigerator until cold and crisp.  That wasn't part of the original directions but I did it so I'd have it ready when I was ready. I dried them and put then in melted butter, placed on fish, topped with parchment and placed back in the refrigerator until set. I put the parchment on before I refrigerated them because I was afraid the potatoes would stick to the plastic wrap if I didn't'.  Then I cooked them parchment side down without adding any more oil or butter.

It was hard to judge when the potatoes were browned enough and in the picture of the recipe, they were more brown and more evenly colored.

433SEPTEMBER 2015.."What's For Dinner??" - Page 18 Empty Re: SEPTEMBER 2015.."What's For Dinner??" Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:34 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

Looks great. made me tired though lol.

434SEPTEMBER 2015.."What's For Dinner??" - Page 18 Empty Re: SEPTEMBER 2015.."What's For Dinner??" Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:58 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

That's an interesting use of Parchment.....I saw a program recently where the cooks were cooking skin-on fish filets on a gas grill. They oiled the skin of the fish and then placed it on a piece of Parchment paper, then on to a hot gas grill (right on top of the grates). The fish got crispy skin and the Parchment paper did not burn. I thought it was illogical but I guess it works.

So, I'm thinking you could cook at a fairly high heat and not have the Parchment burn.....

Interesting concept.

Thanks for the info.

435SEPTEMBER 2015.."What's For Dinner??" - Page 18 Empty Re: SEPTEMBER 2015.."What's For Dinner??" Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:12 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

Beth I use it to cook pizza on the grill.

When I saw my Moms husband make salmon wrapped in parchment ,I was hooked on it..

436SEPTEMBER 2015.."What's For Dinner??" - Page 18 Empty Re: SEPTEMBER 2015.."What's For Dinner??" Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:11 am

Niagara Visitor

Another rabbit dinner here today. Uncle is in from out of town and his late wife never cooked rabbit so he really likes it when I cook one. There were oven roasted potatoes, red cabbage, mushrooms and ice cream for dessert.

437SEPTEMBER 2015.."What's For Dinner??" - Page 18 Empty Re: SEPTEMBER 2015.."What's For Dinner??" Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:39 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Niagara Visitor wrote:Another rabbit dinner here today.  Uncle is in from out of town and his late wife never cooked rabbit so he really likes it when I cook one.  There were oven roasted potatoes, red cabbage, mushrooms and ice cream for dessert.  

Lore... if I may? ....you are back to the future in September of 2015.

LOL..... That's ok; just to let you know.

438SEPTEMBER 2015.."What's For Dinner??" - Page 18 Empty Re: SEPTEMBER 2015.."What's For Dinner??" Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:07 am

Niagara Visitor

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:
Niagara Visitor wrote:Another rabbit dinner here today.  Uncle is in from out of town and his late wife never cooked rabbit so he really likes it when I cook one.  There were oven roasted potatoes, red cabbage, mushrooms and ice cream for dessert.  

Lore... if I may? ....you are back to the future in September of 2015.

LOL..... That's ok; just to let you know.

Cute, but I probably cooked a rabbit then too................. come to think of it, in September I had 15 people here for a rabbit dinner! I've cooked a lot of those cute fuzzy furry (TASTY) things!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 18 of 18]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum