Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

September, 2014..What's Cooking For Dinner??

+5
Barbara101
cookingirl
Imelda HL
bethk
UNCLE JIMMY
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 15]

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

last weekend bought a fillet of wild caught King Salmon, it was on sale, I pan fried it to get the nice crust then baked in the oven for few minutes, served it with sauteed veggies and rice pilaf.. it was yummy

September, 2014..What's Cooking For Dinner?? - Page 4 15-3

Yesterday I was blank, no idea what to cook, before I set out for my morning walk, I took out boneless skinless chicken thigh meat.. then I saw Pioneer Woman recipe for Orange chicken. it was perfect.. so good with steamed rice

September, 2014..What's Cooking For Dinner?? - Page 4 23-4

today gonna be one pot dish, sausage and pasta, with bunch of veggies

bethk

bethk
Admin

Your meals look delicious! You always make me remember that we 'eat with our eyes' first.

Lovely.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Imelda HL wrote:last weekend bought a fillet of wild caught King Salmon, it was on sale, I pan fried it to get the nice crust then baked in the oven for few minutes, served it with sauteed veggies and rice pilaf.. it was yummy

Yesterday I was blank, no idea what to cook, before I set out for my morning walk, I took out boneless skinless chicken thigh meat.. then I saw Pioneer Woman recipe for Orange chicken. it was perfect.. so good with steamed rice

today gonna be one pot dish, sausage and pasta, with bunch of veggies

Looks good Imelda.... No chicken for me though.
Crispy chicken..... jimmy eat it.. lol

Tina bought one of those rotisseri birds at the market.... looked done enough,
but when I went to tear off a leg and thigh.... it was attached and I had to pull hard to break it away from the joint. NO GOOD!.... not for me!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

The deciding factor to eating something good for supper tonight, was a MacDouble with cheese that Tina picked up on way home from Uncs Dr Appt.

I think I may have a stomach virus of some sort.

I would love to have the killer shrimp and muscles....But I will see what happens with this burger now.

I will say one thing, That Queso Fresco Cheese is great. Not Salty and not like Feta Cheese.
It was mild like a dryer Ricotta cheese. I have to see how it melts when I try a test of lasagna or baked ziti.

NormM

NormM

Another Mexican cheese, Queso Quesadilla tastes like Mozzarella, even better in my opinion than Kraft Mozz.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

Barbara101

Barbara101

September, 2014..What's Cooking For Dinner?? - Page 4 D865cc6a9d8c188412f48c798c4a7198

bethk

bethk
Admin

Barb, is that considered a "Hot Brown" in Kentucky? Just curious.....

Even though, technically, a burger is 'beef' ~ not one complaint from Mr. You-Know-Who. Of course, a burger is one of his favorite meals. The macaroni salad was MY personal favorite part of the meal. When it's pasta with celery, carrot & egg in a mayo based dressing I call it macaroni salad. If it's pasta with any vegetables I can find in the refrigerator chopped up and a vinegarette type dressing, I call it pasta salad.

September, 2014..What's Cooking For Dinner?? - Page 4 090914

Barbara101

Barbara101

Barb, is that considered a "Hot Brown" in Kentucky? Just curious.....

I call it leftovers.lol Hot turkey sandwich.

bethk

bethk
Admin

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:
I think I may have a stomach virus of some sort.

Just eat light, Jimmy. Maybe some chicken broth, with just a few noodles. No sense in ruining a meal you usually really like by deciding to eat when your tum isn't happy.

To this day (45 years after the incident) Dane is unable to eat or even smell dates in the oven. He came down with a horrible stomach virus before the holidays one year when we were first married and he had eaten a bunch of my family traditional date nut bar cookies. In the middle of the night he was sicker than a dog....and he gags every time he thinks about putting another date nut bar in his mouth.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbs Hot Turkey and Beths Burger and Salad look great.
Thanks for the previcid sp? I took one, and 1 hour later. Tina cooked me Cod Fish, and I just took some of the killer shrimp broth and topped it off. It was great. Had cubed sweet potatoes that Tina buys fresh cubed in the plastic container.
I had Rice Pudding for dessert/.

Tina had fish....Gabe had Salmon and sweet tater cubes. Ice cream for dessert!

Barbara101

Barbara101

I'm tired about the 'requests' for no beef, no pork, no chicken.....we're having what I WANT.

That is why I love love love not having to hear that..

NormM

NormM

I was going to make this tomorrow but Charlie and Cassie have tickets to the outdoor theater tomorrow. It's Chicken Breast Parmesan and Carnival Squash. mashed with apple, cinnamon and allspice.

September, 2014..What's Cooking For Dinner?? - Page 4 DSCN1785_zps9a530e71

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:I was going to make this tomorrow but Charlie and Cassie have tickets to the outdoor theater tomorrow.  It's Chicken Breast Parmesan and Carnival Squash. mashed with apple, cinnamon and allspice.

September, 2014..What's Cooking For Dinner?? - Page 4 DSCN1785_zps9a530e71

Looks delicious Norm.
That's Tina's favorite when she orders at Italian cooking.

Barbara101

Barbara101

September, 2014..What's Cooking For Dinner?? - Page 4 Grilling-steak-on-a-smokey-joe-grill

bethk

bethk
Admin

Show Off....

LOL

Barbara101

Barbara101

September, 2014..What's Cooking For Dinner?? - Page 4 2876911673

bethk

bethk
Admin

Well, I've changed my mind about how to approach the idea of supper.....NO more asking, "what would you like?"  NO more asking, "how does (fill in the blank) sound to you?"  NO more letting him suggest 'no more chicken ~ no more beef ~ no more pork'

I'm just gonna cook what I want.  Takin' a page outta Barb's play book.  

And the amazing thing is, he goes back for seconds.  I don't think he has a clue what he wants or doesn't want.  I was giving him way too much credit for ideas....

Hahahahahahaha

September, 2014..What's Cooking For Dinner?? - Page 4 091014

BEEF Stroganoff w/mushrooms on buttered noodles and little French green beans.

Barbara101

Barbara101

Good for you lol...Your cooks always look great.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Well, I've changed my mind about how to approach the idea of supper.....NO more asking, "what would you like?"  NO more asking, "how does (fill in the blank) sound to you?"  NO more letting him suggest 'no more chicken ~ no more beef ~ no more pork'

I'm just gonna cook what I want.  Takin' a page outta Barb's play book.  

And the amazing thing is, he goes back for seconds.  I don't think he has a clue what he wants or doesn't want.  I was giving him way too much credit for ideas....

Hahahahahahaha

September, 2014..What's Cooking For Dinner?? - Page 4 091014

BEEF Stroganoff w/mushrooms on buttered noodles and little French green beans.
OOooooo!!! I want that now.

I just cooked a burger for the uncle....
Mine will be after I get him squared away.... I saw a smashed onion burger on tv, a typical Oklahoma favorite. I want one. No buns though. Just sliced white and Italian.

cookingirl

cookingirl

Well, I finally made my spaghetti sauce/gravy, yesterday.

It was so good! I haven't lost my touch!! Yea!!!! lol!

I have not made speg sauce since before my dad died, 2.5 years ago.....I did it!!!

I put some italian sausages, cut into chunks and cooked it stove top for 2 hours!! I only used one can of whole peeled san marzano tomatoes. I used to use 2+ cans cuz my dad loved speg sauce...

Have enough for supper tonight and put 2 small containers in the freezer!

I was doing the happy dance yesterday!!!

Barbara101

Barbara101

September, 2014..What's Cooking For Dinner?? - Page 4 940422454 Good for you Cyn... September, 2014..What's Cooking For Dinner?? - Page 4 1223290054

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

cookingirl wrote:Well, I finally made my spaghetti sauce/gravy, yesterday.

I have not made speg sauce since before my dad died, 2.5 years ago.....I did it!!!

I put some italian sausages, cut into chunks and cooked it stove top for 2 hours!! I only used one can of whole peeled san marzano tomatoes. I used to use 2+ cans cuz my dad loved speg sauce...

Have enough for supper tonight and put 2 small containers in the freezer!

I was doing the happy dance yesterday!!!

Always that Shpa,ghetts sauce, she taste,a bet,tah in,ah dah nex,a day! bounce

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barb.... Thanks for the great Avatar.

God bless all who suffered in that tragic event.

bethk

bethk
Admin

cookingirl wrote:Well, I finally made my spaghetti sauce/gravy, yesterday.

Fantastic! It's just that old 'get back on that horse after being bucked off....' thing.

You just need to get your confidence back. I really didn't mind all that much when I was cooking for just me. Oh, sure, there were times when I really, REALLY wanted pot roast. But that's when I figured it was OK to go to Bob Evans Restaurant for pot roast. If I was making 80% of my meals at home I could afford the occasional meal out.

Just think back to the things you and your dad use to make and make 'em again!

You'll be happy you did.

Barbara101

Barbara101

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:Barb.... Thanks for the great Avatar.

God bless all who suffered in that tragic event.

September, 2014..What's Cooking For Dinner?? - Page 4 3561122519

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum