Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

APRIL..Whats Cooking..

+7
Niagara Visitor
Imelda HL
Bugster2
NormM
UNCLE JIMMY
bethk
Barbara101
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 14]

101APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 5 Empty Re: APRIL..Whats Cooking.. Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:24 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:I put together a couple stuffed peppers......

I used the leftover Chinese pork fried rice to mix in with the ground beef. Just took out the pork chunks.

That looks really good, Jimmy! Nice Job.

102APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 5 Empty Re: APRIL..Whats Cooking.. Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:29 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

looks great ya'll. green beans on sale .99lb. I need to get some..

Lordie I still have not washed my slowcooker.Hate that job.

103APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 5 Empty Re: APRIL..Whats Cooking.. Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:36 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I always use the Reynolds Crockpot liners. NO problem with cleanup then. Good stuff.

All I ever have to do is a quick rinse with soapy water - probably don't even need to do that, but, anal me....what can I say?

104APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 5 Empty Re: APRIL..Whats Cooking.. Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:37 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:I did a crockpot Italian beef roast today - the one with the dry Italian Salad Dressing, Brown Gravy Mix and Ranch Salad Dressing Mix.  Dane loves it.  I have enough to shred and make Italian Beef sandwiches on good bread rolls with mozzarella cheese....but that's another meal altogether.

Since he said he wanted to cut back on the carbs and we had potatoes last night I decided to steam some yellow summer squash to go with the meal.  Not good enough (according to 'him'....).  He wanted potatoes.  Oh well, he survived.  All in all, a pretty tasty meal.

APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 5 041014

Looks like tender melt in the mouth goodness!

I gotta make a steak tomorrow. Tina will be in south jersey at unkies tomorrow; so I will have a treat.

105APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 5 Empty Re: APRIL..Whats Cooking.. Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:58 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:
UNCLE JIMMY wrote:I put together a couple stuffed peppers......

I used the leftover Chinese pork fried rice to mix in with the ground beef. Just took out the pork chunks.

That looks really good, Jimmy!  Nice Job.

Thanks Beth... they were good too!
Not as nice as Barbs, but they served us well!

Barb is the S.P.Q. on the site!

106APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 5 Empty Re: APRIL..Whats Cooking.. Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:27 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 5 2876911673 APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 5 2876911673 APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 5 2876911673 

107APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 5 Empty Re: APRIL..Whats Cooking.. Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:58 am

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

beautiful stuffed pepper Jimmy
Beth.. healthy meal you have here  APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 5 3593629538 

I cooked some Baby Chinese broccoli, boiled in a bit of oil and salt, then drizzled with a bit of Hoisin sauce, Dirk loves them

APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 5 DSCN2966

and some vermicelli with teriyaki beef

APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 5 DSCN2976

I was craving for cake, so this morning I baked this coffee cake.. I really added some coffee for the flavor.. I used some raspberry jam instead of fresh blueberries

APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 5 DSCN2965

108APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 5 Empty Re: APRIL..Whats Cooking.. Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:12 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

I wish someone would cook for me for a change. This danged cold has me whomped. Had to force myself to run some errands this morning but didn't have the sense to go into a grocery and pick up something simple for dinner. Instead I went into Homegoods looking for a nonstick pan to replace the one I burned. I found a Calphalon but the price was $44.95. I hesitated because I wasn't sure I wanted to spend that much. I bought it thinking I could return it if I changed my mind. I got online and found that the pan goes for $150. I think I will keep it. Now what's for dinner tonight? Maybe I will pull out those Gorton fish fillets. My roomie will just have to suck it up and eat it if she wants to get fed. She ate $80 worth of sushi last night and then polished off the tuna I was saving for my DH's lunch today. She prolly doesn't want to see seafood for a while. What to go with the fish? I have broccoli but not enough for 2 people. Maybe I can add something to it. Wish I had some cauliflower. No I don't! Last week I bought one and cooked it and it was so awful. It tasted really funny, like some kind of chemical. I couldn't even swallow it.

109APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 5 Empty Re: APRIL..Whats Cooking.. Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:38 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:I wish someone would cook for me for a change. This danged cold has me whomped. Had to force myself to run some errands this morning but didn't have the sense to go into a grocery and pick up something simple for dinner. Instead I went into Homegoods looking for a nonstick pan to replace the one I burned. I found a Calphalon but the price was $44.95. I hesitated because I wasn't sure I wanted to spend that much. I bought it thinking I could return it if I changed my mind. I got online and found that the pan goes for $150. I think I will keep it. Now what's for dinner tonight? Maybe I will pull out those Gorton fish fillets. My roomie will just have to suck it up and eat it if she wants to get fed. She ate $80 worth of sushi last night and then polished off the tuna I was saving for my DH's lunch today. She prolly doesn't want to see seafood for a while. What to go with the fish? I have broccoli but not enough for 2 people. Maybe I can add something to it. Wish I had some cauliflower. No I don't! Last week I bought one and cooked it and it was so awful. It tasted really funny, like some kind of chemical. I couldn't even swallow it.

I agree bugs... It surely is nice when someone else cooks. In the home that is.
Tina is a great cook, but she relies on me to cook a lot. She gets frustrated trying to to cutting and grinding while cooking. She manages, but always with pain. Her RSD flares up (Mostly in the summer heat, and she is in too much pain in her right arm and hand.)

It is nice to sit back and just eat what someone prepares. Even a simple grilled cheese or a bowl of soup!

It is so enjoyable when someone else makes it!

110APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 5 Empty Re: APRIL..Whats Cooking.. Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:00 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I am home alone today. Tina is down south jersey at her uncles. He was running low on food dinners, and his depends. HE only likes a certain kind, and they didn't have them by him at the stores. Tina had to hunt and peck different stores to get him a months supply.
She called me and said she was dying with the heat. It was 75º there. I told her it was a balmy nice 67º here, and she can't wait to get back tonight....

I've got a pot of escarole; cabbage and beans cooking on the stove. Wow! It is tasty and has such a great flavor with a little fennel and a potato cubed. Ummm

Then, I assembled a pot of baked beans which is a recipe using canned Navy Beans. Smells good, and I'm just waiting for it to thicken.

111APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 5 Empty Re: APRIL..Whats Cooking.. Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:05 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

[quote="Imelda HL"]beautiful stuffed pepper Jimmy
Beth.. healthy meal you have here  APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 5 3593629538 

I cooked some Baby Chinese broccoli, boiled in a bit of oil and salt, then drizzled with a bit of Hoisin sauce, Dirk loves them
I was craving for cake, so this morning I baked this coffee cake.. I really added some coffee for the flavor.. I used some raspberry jam instead of fresh blueberries

The food looks so good Imelda. I would prefer raspberry filling over blueberry.
Looks so good.

112APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 5 Empty Re: APRIL..Whats Cooking.. Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:32 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 5 Medc

I had planned on grilling,75`today, but by the time that time came around , I lost interest. I bought a new BIG fry pan & wanted to use it.My beloved Club Skillet  APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 5 2599281016 APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 5 2599281016 does not sit flat on the stove anymore.  Sad 

So I made the chicken in it.So So So easy fix..

Mediterranean Chicken....BTW I usually put Kalomato (sp) olives but I ate them lol.

113APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 5 Empty Re: APRIL..Whats Cooking.. Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:20 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Today 3 friends and I went on a girls' day trip. We have been wanting to go to a lunch restaurant in Dade City, a little over an hour drive away, and finally, today was the day. The restaurant is in an old historic (looks like) general store - Williams' Lunch on Limoges. The lunch was wonderful. Truly a blast from the past. All the waitresses wore white dress uniforms with white aprons, the table cloths were layered teal, with a purple cover and then peach linen napkins. When you were seated a young lady came to take your beverage order - raspberry iced tea is their signature tea (delicious) and then brought our tea and a basket of mini muffins with some strawberry/pineapple butter.

The menu is displayed on a chalk board and brought to your table by your waitress - who reads it all and tells you about their signature entrees (grouper w/pecan, chicken w/pecan, crab cakes, shrimp/olive salad. One friend ordered the shrimp salad - it came with a footed dish of fresh fruit and had a conch shell on the plate as decoration. Everything we ate was delicious.

After our un-hurried meal the waitress returned to recite all the dessert choices, describing each in detail. I can usually listen politely and not be too tempted. But the last choice she described was "Floating Island": a huge soft merangue sitting on a pool of English custard with drops of raspberry sauce. Well, one of my friends looked at me and said...let's all share one! OMG - it was HEAVENLY. We all agreed it was divine.

When we got back to The Villages tonight we met the guys and went out to a BBQ place we all enjoy. I ended up having a cup of soup and a glass of water....I'm still stuffed from our lunch.

But we had a fun day. Now we can't wait to do another day trip....so much to see and do.

114APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 5 Empty Re: APRIL..Whats Cooking.. Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:48 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Boy Oh Boy Beth!... What an adventuresome day!
Sounds like Anthony Bourdaine on a trip to the never never land of succulent dining!!

Must have been a great lunch to not be hungry for BBQ. Maybe you should have taken home some ribs to munch on later tonight!!... LOL

115APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 5 Empty Re: APRIL..Whats Cooking.. Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:42 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

I finally could make some perfect fried calamari, so crunchy, even after it cooled, still crunchy  cheers 

APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 5 7-3

and baked mahi mahi topped with roasted coconut and mayo

APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 5 8-2

116APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 5 Empty Re: APRIL..Whats Cooking.. Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:04 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 5 User39817_pic5863_1394579129

Devil made me do it.  affraid and it gets worse..

APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 5 1625762_478170375615731_667137323_n

117APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 5 Empty Re: APRIL..Whats Cooking.. Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:01 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Imelda - expand on how you did your calamari, please. Did you start with frozen? What did you use for the breading

Barb - every once in a while you just gotta have the perfect 'fat fix' meal. Funny, but yesterday we were just talking about fried okra. Someone said she didn't like it because it's 'slimey' and I tried to explain that the fried isn't that way at all. Yours looks perfectly crisp and just the kind that you pop one right after the other! YUM.

I sliced the leftover pork tenderloin super thin (easy when it's cold out of the refrigerator) and made a doctored up BBQ sauce out of the leek/pear/basalmic chutney stuff I had with it. Got some baby dinner rolls from the bakery dept. and made BBQ Pork Sliders and a wilted lettuce salad.

APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 5 041214

118APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 5 Empty Re: APRIL..Whats Cooking.. Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:09 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Imelda HL wrote:I finally could make some perfect fried calamari, so crunchy, even after it cooled, still crunchy  cheers 

APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 5 7-3

and baked mahi mahi topped with roasted coconut and mayo

APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 5 8-2

What a sweet dinner. nice job kid.
Calamari is a favorite of mine and my Maria.

119APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 5 Empty Re: APRIL..Whats Cooking.. Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:12 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 5 User39817_pic5863_1394579129

Devil made me do it.  affraid and it gets worse..

APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 5 1625762_478170375615731_667137323_n

I don't know what it is, but it looks great.

120APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 5 Empty Re: APRIL..Whats Cooking.. Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:27 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I made us each a Griddled cheese and tomato.
Peeled the skin off the tomato to prevent slide out and chin burn.
Cheese was 1/2 land o lakes american and 1/2 mild domestic provalone.
It tasted like MORE.... but with a pecan topped chocolate chip cake that Tina bought at the church bake sale.... That will be enough for us for tonight.

I just set up the marble slab and pasta rolling machine for tomorrows "Homemade Pirogi"
Tina and I are gonna crank them out tomorrow, and the kids are coming over for supper.

121APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 5 Empty Re: APRIL..Whats Cooking.. Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:14 pm

NormM

NormM

Kids had a date night tonight so I made dinner just for me tonight. They can have some for left overs tomorrow. I had a spinach salad with strawberries and black olives. Dressing was Framboise, olive oil, dry mustard and salt. I had rice, home made (in a mason jar) sauerkraut and pork loin stuffed with bacon and mushrooms.

APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 5 DSCN1351_zpse0160d7a

APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 5 DSCN1355_zps03e540ad

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

122APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 5 Empty Re: APRIL..Whats Cooking.. Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:01 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Imelda - expand on how you did your calamari, please.  Did you start with frozen?  What did you use for the breading

Barb - every once in a while you just gotta have the perfect 'fat fix' meal.  Funny, but yesterday we were just talking about fried okra.  Someone said she didn't like it because it's 'slimey' and I tried to explain that the fried isn't that way at all.  Yours looks perfectly crisp and just the kind that you pop one right after the other!  YUM.

I sliced the leftover pork tenderloin super thin (easy when it's cold out of the refrigerator) and made a doctored up BBQ sauce out of the leek/pear/basalmic chutney stuff I had with it.  Got some baby dinner rolls from the bakery dept. and made BBQ Pork Sliders and a wilted lettuce salad.

APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 5 041214

Great that there is a bakery close by to accommodate the great food.
I always find We make tasty burgers or cold sliced meats like ham, but a nasty bread or roll can take it to a negative with the first taste.

123APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 5 Empty Re: APRIL..Whats Cooking.. Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:44 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:
I just set up the marble slab and pasta rolling machine for tomorrows "Homemade Pirogi"  
Tina and I are gonna crank them out tomorrow, and the kids are coming over for supper.

Oh, Jimmy, please be the official photographer to document not only the recipe but the steps in making the pirogis. We haven't had a good tutorial in a long time and I know Tina's dough comes out super tender......

124APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 5 Empty Re: APRIL..Whats Cooking.. Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:51 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

NormM wrote:Kids had a date night tonight so I made dinner just for me tonight.  They can have some for left overs tomorrow.  I had a spinach salad with strawberries and black olives.  Dressing was Framboise, olive oil, dry mustard and salt.  I had rice, home made (in a mason jar) sauerkraut and pork loin stuffed with bacon and mushrooms.

Norm, how was the sauerkraut? How long did you let it ferment in the mason jar?

A lady I worked with use to make homemade sauerkraut every year and can it. For our holiday potluck at work she would bring a crockpot full and mix in a bunch of sliced smoked sausage. Boy, that was the best sauerkraut you could ask for! I couldn't get enough of it.

125APRIL..Whats Cooking.. - Page 5 Empty Re: APRIL..Whats Cooking.. Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:50 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

Jimmy, I had planed on wrapping the thighs in bacon & grilling them,way to late to smoke them so I fried them. affraid along with the so called fresh okra..When you buy 'fresh' in the grocery store,only they know if it was fresh from somewhere over yonder...........

Norm your meal looks grand....Beth too..

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum