Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

DECEMBER 2013;"What's Cooking In The Kitchen?"

+4
Crybaby
Barbara101
bethk
UNCLE JIMMY
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 12]

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Supper for tonight is on its way. Son and DIL are picking up pizza's from Pronto's.

Cookies are a plenty; so that will be dessert.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Our friend Barb got here from Ohio - a day and a half drive through pouring rain and finally the last half day was sunshine....thank goodness. We went over to greet them (Barb and her daughter who drove down with her) and then went out to eat at one of the country clubs. Lyn and I shared a lettuce wrap and pork egg roll appetizer.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Our friend Barb got here from Ohio - a day and a half drive through pouring rain and finally the last half day was sunshine....thank goodness.  We went over to greet them (Barb and her daughter who drove down with her) and then went out to eat at one of the country clubs.  Lyn and I shared a lettuce wrap and pork egg roll appetizer.

Oh Beth. That surely was nice.
That later sunshine was a blessing.
Enjoy the friendship, and God bless you all!

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

my sister and her family are coming to celebrate Christmas with us.. they arrived this evening after 2 days road trip from Katy, TX.. I welcomed them with Hot Pot.. I bough some thin sliced ribeye and pork, some meatball, and my homemade dumplings, and some green bokchoy.. we ate too much, hardly move now  Laughing 

DECEMBER 2013;"What's Cooking In The Kitchen?" - Page 9 4-4

DECEMBER 2013;"What's Cooking In The Kitchen?" - Page 9 2-3

bethk

bethk
Admin

Oh, Imelda, that sounds like a fun meal to share!

Crybaby

Crybaby

Imelda, your table and hot pot ingredients looked so pretty. What a nice way to welcome your sister and her family!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

We had what we call a whoops! Where did it go? Meal.
Tina made us fried mushrooms peppers, and cheese and eggs frittata. With just light toast, it hit the spot.

Just boiled cubed taters. Tina wants potato salad to eat her ham with. She can't eat ham without potato salad.

DD just called and threw this one in the basket. "Ma, did you get the Salmon???".... Tina jumped into the mommy car, and picked it up. Gotta get while the gettins good.

DD is working till 9 tonight. Plus she's up in Newton with fewer store choices. Anyway.... I will finish the potato salad, and then chop the onions and celery and carrots for the stuffing. OH!.... BTW...We are cooking a turkey breast only. I am so happy for that.

Christmas dinner:

glazed ham with pineapple slices and cherries.
turkey breast
kielbasa
lasagna
candied ( must be ) sweet potatoes
stuffing
gravy
potato salad.....
cranberry sauce ( canned Ocean Spray )
mashed potatoes
broccoli
asparagus
corn
beans

bethk

bethk
Admin

Gee, Jimmy, so happy to see you're cutting back.....

geesh! lol

Bugster2

Bugster2

No calamari?

Barbara101

Barbara101

Those big meals are a thing of the past for me.I know my limits .To much work for my mind & soul & body.My kids need to start & have their own traditions & to have the meals at their own house.

NormM

NormM

Monday I asked Charlie if he and Cassie were going to be home for Christmas and he said yes so yesterday afternoon I went to the store and got stuff for dinner . I planned a rib roast,broccoli salad, baked potatoes, popovers and the roast. That evening my nephew called my son and said he wanted the whole family to come to his house. He is having smoked turkey, and crabs. He's smoking the turkey. I will take the roast and add it to the meal.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

bethk

bethk
Admin

Pot Luck - especially nice when it's holiday time. Nice, Norm, sounds like a great variety and a little something different for everyone.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

True, Barb, but they don't want the muss and the fuss. It would take up their cuddle-up on the couch in front of the TV Time. hahahahaha

Beth....it's really the theys and the thems that must have all that. If it were me, it would be the ham, kielbasa, and macaroni's and sausage. E N O U G H Already.

bugster... no calamari. There wasn't any good fresh at the supermarket. Tina got clams / muscles / scallops / and shrimps. That is all for Christmas Eve.
I will make a big pot of seafood gumbo. Then steamers along with peel and eat shrimps.

DD has to have salmon.

bethk

bethk
Admin

I'm playing around with the Spaghetti Corn casserole dish today. I figure I'll change around the recipe a bit and have it as a side with some chicken fingers tonight.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

One cook down, and only one cook to go!

Whaaaaaat!!!!!!!!

Miss Tina was vacuuming the steps (A job I told her I would do later ) and she thought there was a step to knell on, but she slipped off and whacked just below her knee on the shin. All puffed and swolled, and black and blue already!
I have to vacuum again, because it's kinda hard to vacuum with a fully packed vacuum bag.
Tina said,"OMG, again it's full?" ... I said, two things. "Ya got a lot of dirt in the house, and secondly,"The vacuum is really working great!" Panasonic Canister / Kenmore clone.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:I'm playing around with the Spaghetti Corn casserole dish today.  I figure I'll change around the recipe a bit and have it as a side with some chicken fingers tonight.

The corn casserole sounds good.
I know your chix fingers will be well done. Very Happy 

bethk

bethk
Admin

It's just one I'm playing around with to tweek the recipe to take for a pot luck sometime. It's broken spaghetti, canned corn, canned creamed corn, butter, onion & mozzarella cheese....buttered panko to sprinkle at the end. It's one of those "non-descript" recipes that is something most people will eat...I mean, what's not to like with spaghetti & corn held together with a bit of cheese?

Barbara101

Barbara101

One cook down, and only one cook to go!

A blessing in disguise..Have her sit & relax & let someones else bust their butt... santa 

bethk

bethk
Admin

Oh, Lawdy, Jimmy! Ms. Tina will be down for a week! Keep her iced down, only take off for a few minutes at a time....and elevated.....and some pain killers, whatever she is able to take (Advil, Tylenol, whatever)....and a cup of tea and the TV remote or her I-Pad and tell her to STAY PUT !!

I never clean until everyone LEAVES!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Oh, Lawdy, Jimmy!  Ms. Tina will be down for a week!  Keep her iced down, only take off for a few minutes at a time....and elevated.....and some pain killers, whatever she is able to take (Advil, Tylenol, whatever)....and a cup of tea and the TV remote or her I-Pad and tell her to STAY PUT !!

I never clean until everyone LEAVES!

Thanks Beth. She took two aspirin, and has her electric blanket on to help circulation.

She HAD  to clean, because of wrapping and moving stuff around created a lot of lint etc. on her NEW DARK GREEN CARPETTING
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Barb...thanks. I guess I am now "Cinder Fella!"

Mad 

Last edited by UNCLE JIMMY on Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:11 am; edited 1 time in total

bethk

bethk
Admin

Here's my casserole of Spaghetti Corn....it tastes kind of like Rice-a-Roni with corn. It would definitely be one of those dishes you could take, to be safe, to a pot luck when you don't think spicy would go over and you aren't sure if there are any vegetarians. I mean, it's just spaghetti & corn ~ the mozzarella isn't even tasted but is more of what holds it together.

DECEMBER 2013;"What's Cooking In The Kitchen?" - Page 9 122413

I made pecan/panko crusted chicken fingers (yes, Jimmy, WELL done) and some red beets. I had some sweet chili sauce to dip my chicken into.

DECEMBER 2013;"What's Cooking In The Kitchen?" - Page 9 100_2666

Barbara101

Barbara101

DECEMBER 2013;"What's Cooking In The Kitchen?" - Page 9 3267860543 looks good Beth.

Barbara101

Barbara101

DECEMBER 2013;"What's Cooking In The Kitchen?" - Page 9 10656_657719504257763_2047383449_n

roasted corning hen.sweet potato souffle,yellow rice .

bethk

bethk
Admin

Pretty bird, Barb.

How did you make your sweet potato soufflé? (were you able to make just one?)

Barbara101

Barbara101

DECEMBER 2013;"What's Cooking In The Kitchen?" - Page 9 9d420d566dbde86cf2e1fe5c42694a4c

yes I made one  tongue 

I just made up my sweet potato souffle recipe,then added 3 whipped egg whites.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum