Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

DECEMBER 2013;"What's Cooking In The Kitchen?"

+4
Crybaby
Barbara101
bethk
UNCLE JIMMY
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 12]

Barbara101

Barbara101

DECEMBER 2013;"What's Cooking In The Kitchen?" - Page 3 1c59c90c808b05b88f06f88e02d81626

these & the other ones I pre cooked the chicken early, cooled off then wrapped in bacon. Grilled till bacon cooked.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Darn. They look chrispy and cooked enough for Jimmy To Eat!

Nice Job Barb! .... My kind of chicken!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:He said he wanted grilled chicken....

so ~ grilled chicken it was.  I thawed & reheated some mashed potatoes and sauted some onion & zucchini.

DECEMBER 2013;"What's Cooking In The Kitchen?" - Page 3 120513
Looks great. Grilled chicken looks well well done!
Is it "Jimmy chicken?"

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Tina made a big pan of lasagna for DIL's Christmas Party at her work tomorrow.
There was some sauce and ricotta left over, and so, It was wagon wheels macaroni and baby taco's. There were two left in the baggie for a snack later.
Those things are good. Spicy just a tad, but the corn tasting shells are great.
DECEMBER 2013;"What's Cooking In The Kitchen?" - Page 3 Qagz

DECEMBER 2013;"What's Cooking In The Kitchen?" - Page 3 P2rt

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I have an idea...
It will probably fizzle out by the time suppertime bells ring, but.... I was thinking of just a small batch of dough, to make PIZZA! Just two 16" round pies. One fresh mushrooms, and the other with pepperoni on 1/2.

It's a lazy dreary rainy day ( I love it ), so anything can happen when it comes to food on a day like this.

I mentioned to Tina,"Are you wishing for scrambled eggs and cheese?" She said,"Naww...I'm too lazy to make them!" Haaaaaa..... She had a ham and cheese with mayo, and I ate the half she couldn't eat.

It always tastes better whe someone else makes something.

bethk

bethk
Admin

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:
It always tastes better whe someone else makes something.
Gosh, but that sounds just like a "Mr. Amazing" quote.....

lol! 

bethk

bethk
Admin

I said I had pork and chicken and steak in the freezer, which did he want for supper?

His short answer, "no".

So, while we were out and about we stopped at the store and got a nice cod fillet - panko coated, pan fried on the grill side burner, made hash browns and green beans.

DECEMBER 2013;"What's Cooking In The Kitchen?" - Page 3 120613

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I remembered in the freezer, were Maryland Crabcakes from Baltimore, MD.

My Neice sent them from a famous restaurant packed in plastic p half pint containers.
My Goodness...the crabmeat lumps were so big.

Made a pack of that Spanish Rice to have with it.

DECEMBER 2013;"What's Cooking In The Kitchen?" - Page 3 W1nv

DECEMBER 2013;"What's Cooking In The Kitchen?" - Page 3 P5td

DECEMBER 2013;"What's Cooking In The Kitchen?" - Page 3 U9re

bethk

bethk
Admin

YUM! Crab cakes!

One of these days I'm gonna get to Maryland with a "native" and go to a real steamed blue crab feast. It's one of those things on my "bucket list", but I only want to be there with someone who will take me to the best, freshest place and teach me to rip them apart in the most economical and quick manner.

Barbara101

Barbara101

DECEMBER 2013;"What's Cooking In The Kitchen?" - Page 3 De5aa55d2788ebb5_pasta-bake

looks messy,but it isn't chicken lol

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:YUM!  Crab cakes!  

One of these days I'm gonna get to Maryland with a "native" and go to a real steamed blue crab feast.  It's one of those things on my "bucket list", but I only want to be there with someone who will take me to the best, freshest place and teach me to rip them apart in the most economical and quick manner.
Maybe they have a bus trip that you can hitch up with. Tina is going on a bus trip Sunday to NYC. She and son Jimmy and DIL and GD are going to see the Christmas tree and attractions / etc.
DIL got 6 tickets free from her place of work.
Me!! I don't need to see it. I've seen it once. Enough as I say!

It's supposed to be nasty and cold anyway. I like the cold, but not whilst trailing around that place.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Yeah, I know what you mean....

If I want to see holiday lights, etc., I understand there's a lovely little town about an hour from here that is all decked out ~ Mt. Dora. I'll go take a look and be able to see all I want of the lights, all from the comfort of my convertible with the top down and the heat cranked up if it gets breezy...

I can see NYC on television and get cold just lookin'....

Barbara101

Barbara101

not me either. Been there done that.I have not been to a cold place in yrs & don't miss it one bit.Don't plan on it either.

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

here is what you call Chop Suey ( I think ).. it's my comfort food.. mixed veggies I had in my fridge, added some ground chicken+pork+shrimps rolls.. oh so good

DECEMBER 2013;"What's Cooking In The Kitchen?" - Page 3 6-1

some pizza for my DH while I was enjoying my comfort foods ( I cooked them a lot recently)

DECEMBER 2013;"What's Cooking In The Kitchen?" - Page 3 16-3

here is my fried rice with Chinese/Indonesian sausage and a fried egg for my supper

DECEMBER 2013;"What's Cooking In The Kitchen?" - Page 3 18-2

bethk

bethk
Admin

WOW! I want it all!

Yum, Imelda, YUM YUM!!

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

thank you Beth.. they were all yummy.. and I enjoyed them very much..

today is BBQ day.. so my DH is going to cook our steak on his wood grill.. I coated our boneless NY steak with cornstarch + garlic powder, salt and pepper.. it will get the crust I like.. yum.. and I prepared double baked potatoes.. they are all ready for the second bake.. mmh can't wait.. he is building the fire now.. 30 to 40 minutes more and my stomach is growling loudly
Laughing 

bethk

bethk
Admin

Dane is heading back to the frigid Ohio home tomorrow.

Tonight we're going out with friends for one last "couples" meal until he retires in February and is here full time.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Goodness Gracious, that meal of Imelda looks great.
Tonight we are having Chinese Fried (Pork) rice and Shrimp egg rolls from Hong Kong Palace. Tina has to go to church tonight because she will be on her bus trip to NYC tomorrow. She will just pick up supper on her way home.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Dane is heading back to the frigid Ohio home tomorrow.

Tonight we're going out with friends for one last "couples" meal until he retires in February and is here full time.
SOOooo! " Do you have a Short Timers Calendar to X out the days Beth?"

My Mother In Law retired at 62> She was in ill health, and 6 months before, Tina had to take her to SS to register and sign to retire early.
All went well, and she retired, and then moved in with us.
2 years later, her sister said she was going through a box of records and found Tina's Moms Real State Birth Record. There was a mistake in the date somewhere along the line, and low and behold, she was listed as 1 year younger on the normal records.
Back then, they went by church records, and she was not recorded until 1 year later then she was actually born! The poor thing could have retired a year earlier, and the records never showed her real birth date.

Years ago there was trust I guess. As a matter of fact, The sister is recorded as being 92, but her actual birth would make her 93 years old! Is that weird? Or What?

bethk

bethk
Admin

That's the way it was, back in the day.

My grandfather's parents had 15 children and, for some reason unknown to anyone, his mother changed the birth date of 3 of her children because they were born closer than 24 months from the one before. I guess when babies were born at home they just took the mother's word for it as to when, etc.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:That's the way it was, back in the day.

My grandfather's parents had 15 children and, for some reason unknown to anyone, his mother changed the birth date of 3 of her children because they were born closer than 24 months from the one before.  I guess when babies were born at home they just took the mother's word for it as to when, etc.

Gee .... with 15 kids, I would have lost track by the time the 3rd was born.
And you were right Beth....Tina's mom was born at home. Along with her twin sister.

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

gotta hurry to church.. I'll be back soon.. but here are the pics from my kitchen today

double baked potatoes

DECEMBER 2013;"What's Cooking In The Kitchen?" - Page 3 23-2

our steaks.. I love the crust

DECEMBER 2013;"What's Cooking In The Kitchen?" - Page 3 19-2

here are some refreshment for our church.. sauteed sausage + mushroom and cheese in egg roll baked molded in muffin tins

DECEMBER 2013;"What's Cooking In The Kitchen?" - Page 3 21-3

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Imelda HL wrote:gotta hurry to church.. I'll be back soon.. but here are the pics from my kitchen today

double baked potatoes

DECEMBER 2013;"What's Cooking In The Kitchen?" - Page 3 23-2

our steaks.. I love the crust

DECEMBER 2013;"What's Cooking In The Kitchen?" - Page 3 19-2

here are some refreshment for our church.. sauteed sausage + mushroom and cheese in egg roll baked molded in muffin tins

DECEMBER 2013;"What's Cooking In The Kitchen?" - Page 3 21-3
All looks delicious! What is the ratio / recipe for that cornstarch crust if
I may ask for Imelda. That sounds good.

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

Jimmy.. it's so good.. I saw it on Country Cooking show.. I used 1 tbsp of cornstarch mixed with 1 tsp of salt, I added garlic powder and black pepper.. generously rubbed on the both sides of the steaks, then put them on a wire rack and let them sit while my DH started the fire.. the danger is.. we eat all of them, we can't see the fat ( or pretend not see )DECEMBER 2013;"What's Cooking In The Kitchen?" - Page 3 1838020472 , because all fat was covered in the crust which tastes so good Laughing 

my double baked potatoes were so good too.. I intended to eat only 1 piece ( half ) but ended up eating the whole potato.. I added some butter, cheese, garlic powder, chili flake and cilantro in the mashed potatoes
Laughing

bethk

bethk
Admin

Excellent, Imelda, just excellent!

When I make baked potatoes in the oven (and have extra time) I'll bake 4 or 5 extra ones to scoop out and mash with cream cheese, butter & maybe sour cream - oh, and onion & chives, too. Then I refill and let them cool. Then I can wrap in plastic and freeze. They can be reheated in the oven, the microwave or on the grill when thawed.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum