Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013

+5
NormM
Barbara101
bethk
thesweetestpea
UNCLE JIMMY
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 14]

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

The main supper was Roy Rogers Roast beef sandwiches

There was a Oven Roaster that Tina Made. I didn't get a pic of that??? I don't know why??

I did the roast beef in the Big George Rotisserie electric machine.

DD made pumpkin pies and an apple crumb pie.
We had a white cake from Wegmans Supermarket, and DIL made salads from Trader Joes croutons and greens. There is one where she works.

( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 - Page 7 8nfj

( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 - Page 7 7rm

( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 - Page 7 Wxqr

( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 - Page 7 5f9u

( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 - Page 7 Sc98

( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 - Page 7 4tt9

bethk

bethk
Admin

Holy Moley ! That's one gigantic piece of beef.

But I can taste "the original" Roy Rogers sandwiches just by lookin' at your pics. I remember when they first started and they cooked those giant rounds of beef. Then they changed and started serving the "parts" beef ~ never went back after that. It just wasn't right.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Holy Moley ! That's one gigantic piece of beef.

But I can taste "the original" Roy Rogers sandwiches just by lookin' at your pics.  I remember when they first started and they cooked those giant rounds of beef.  Then they changed and started serving the "parts" beef ~ never went back after that.  It just wasn't right.
Yeah! That was a Bigin.
That restaurant Arbeys is Like That. They have that Re-constituted Beef Rounds. Now, there are no Roy Rogers near us anymore, but there is one on the NJ Tpk. at one of the rest stops, and they still use regular roast beef.
Problem, is they are like 2 hours away.

bethk

bethk
Admin

I spent most of my afternoon arranging and re-arranging the furniture after the carpets were cleaned. I still don't like the way it looks, but I like it better than I did....and I'm too tired to push the couch or try to move the heavy glass top tables any more.

And since I took some ibuprophen to hopefully ease the ache in my knees I just decided to run out to get an Oriental Chicken Salad from Applebee's. I probably could have made one easy enough, I've got all the stuff here.....I just didn't feel like doing it.

So, wimp that I am, I brought it home, ate it and THEN thought of taking a pic.....sorry

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:I spent most of my afternoon arranging and re-arranging the furniture after the carpets were cleaned.  I still don't like the way it looks, but I like it better than I did....and I'm too tired to push the couch or try to move the heavy glass top tables any more.  

And since I took some ibuprophen to hopefully ease the ache in my knees I just decided to run out to get an Oriental Chicken Salad from Applebee's.  I probably could have made one easy enough, I've got all the stuff here.....I just didn't feel like doing it.

So, wimp that I am, I brought it home, ate it and THEN thought of taking a pic.....sorry
Beth.... for around 10 bucks, they have that furniture moving kit. Tina bought one in the Dome Hepo or at Walmart, and she moves the heavy dressers and the couch by herself.

I am here to move stuff, but she gets it done HER way and the way she deems a better fit; without Me bickering bout stuff. hahahahaha

Take care of the knees and joints, and rest up.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Tina made chicken soup from the carcass left from yesterdays roaster.
I finished the hot sausage & peppers; (I have no clue how old it sat in the fridge?) but Tina said it was good.

She and GD had the soup with noodles.

Tina had burning pain...Had to see the Dr this AM, and she has a UTI. The Dr. said, in women, they are always multi-tasking, and they hold in from going until the next task is done. Tina said to the Dr, "That's Me!" ..... LOL...

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Today we are planning to make the apple sauce. Tina and DIL's mom went out for lunch. Tina took her out for her birthday gift from us.

I didn't go. Had breakfast only 3 hours ago, and I'm still full!

Tina asked the ultimate, "What's for supper?" I said, "How about kielbasa and cabbage fried, and we can eat it with applesauce on the side!" Tinas eye's lit up big and wide!

bethk

bethk
Admin

Oh, my, you're a good man, Charlie Brown....er, I mean Jimmy!

What a sweetheart to make the applesauce and a yummy supper to go along with it!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Oh, my, you're a good man, Charlie Brown....er, I mean Jimmy!

What a sweetheart to make the applesauce and a yummy supper to go along with it!
( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 - Page 7 1838020472  So far, Tina had lunch. She's passed out on the EZ Chair. I told her to rest up, and I cleaned the stovetop...the dust and stuff not a super scrub which is due.

I have all the jars sterilized, and the peeler is clamped on the island countertop all ready to crank core, and slice the apples..

bethk

bethk
Admin

I uncovered the grill just far enough to get to the side burner....no smelly fish cooking smells in the house for me!

Supper of panko fried cod, sauted zucchini & onion, sweet corn & coleslaw:

( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 - Page 7 4fd739bd-f6b8-4691-9802-ac97696bb836

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:I uncovered the grill just far enough to get to the side burner....no smelly fish cooking smells in the house for me!

Supper of panko fried cod, sauted zucchini & onion, sweet corn & coleslaw:

( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 - Page 7 4fd739bd-f6b8-4691-9802-ac97696bb836
LOOKS good Beth. Cod is my favorite.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Supper was McDonalds double cheeseburgers and fries. Coleslaw from KFC.

We were busy canning the applesauce and thank goodness it is all done.

I took some pics... We did 12 Oz. Jars and 4 Quarts.

( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 - Page 7 9zkb

( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 - Page 7 Nqhb

( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 - Page 7 Ddcg

( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 - Page 7 9aqf

( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 - Page 7 Srfk

And One Girl That is Too Pooped To Pop!
( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 - Page 7 Nvlk

bethk

bethk
Admin

Lovely...just lovely.....oh, nice looking applesauce, too.

But that is a lot of work.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Lovely...just lovely.....oh, nice looking applesauce, too.

But that is a lot of work.  
Thanks Beth! ,,, Actually we started at 4:15, and were all done at 8:00. That little coring; peeling and slicing machine is a God sent.

Used all Cortland Apples. No seasoning added; just sugar to taste. We don't like it sweet!

bethk

bethk
Admin

When I made applesauce I never peeled or cored - just cut 'em up and cooked down - then a run through the cone-shaped smusher thing. Now that Andrea has my cone-shaped smusher I'd use my food mill to separate the seeds & skins and have the pulp to bag and freeze.

I liked when I was a kid and we could go climb up into the apple trees to pick what we wanted and then just bring home what we needed to make into applesauce or fried apples w/cinnamon candies.

bethk

bethk
Admin

I kept looking at the vine of tomatoes on the counter and thought, "I've got to eat those before they get soft...."

So, whatcha gonna fix? An amazingly tasty BLT !!! (with bacon in EVERY bite)

( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 - Page 7 BaconWeave

And, what the heck, might as well have some deviled eggs along side with the extra tomato ~

( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 - Page 7 BLT101613

Barbara101

Barbara101

oh wow looks so good.

I had a apple with Peanut Butter & I had to fight off 2 Shih Tzes to do it..

bethk

bethk
Admin

I use to LOVE to give my dog peanut butter toast ! She'd lick that tongue up on the roof of her mouth for 15 minutes if she grabbed it just right.....

hahahahahahaha

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Looks good Beth. The deviled eggs got me thinking now!...
I
m baking Italian Vanilla flavored toast biscotti for Tina. She hates anisette but I do love the flavor.
Was gonna make a ring of kielbasa for tonight, but Tina bought fresh ham and bologna cold cuts. I would rather a nice sandwich. We have two nice tomatoes to use up .

BTW...they say never store tomatoes in the fridge. But I found out, If I cut the tomato in half and stick it in a plastic container, it will stay a week.

bethk

bethk
Admin

I say ~ "to each his own".....

If my tomatoes are getting soft too quickly I'll put 'em in the fridge.

Same with bananas. The skins turn a nasty brown but the fruit stops ripening and stays firm for much longer.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:I say ~ "to each his own".....

If my tomatoes are getting soft too quickly I'll put 'em in the fridge.  

Same with bananas.  The skins turn a nasty brown but the fruit stops ripening and stays firm for much longer.
Tinas aunt puts the greenish bananas in the fridge from day one. She takes
one or two out a day before she is going to eat them.
They taste ok too!

bethk

bethk
Admin

Yup - the cold stops the ripening. But I usually just let 'em sit out so I can have an excuse to make a loaf or 2 of banana bread.

Barbara101

Barbara101

( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 - Page 7 179896_303236029757972_600887093_n-1

thought about a salad for dinner but something else came along ( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 - Page 7 2825942945 

bethk

bethk
Admin

YUM-E !! What all do you have on that, Barb?

I decided since I needed to swing by the store for laundry detergent I might as well see if the shrimp was fresh....it was, AND it was on sale !

So, butter poached shrimp, micro'd broccoli & buttered rice. I didn't make a salad, either, Barb.

( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 - Page 7 101613

NormM

NormM

Pork chops, potato cakes (Beth's?) and asparagus with Alfredo sauce
( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 - Page 7 DSCN0810_zps11ae3b00

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum