Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.


You are not connected. Please login or register

( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 14 of 14]

326 Re: ( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 on Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:47 pm

Barbara101

avatar
''


grilled tomato & cheese  

327 Re: ( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 on Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:36 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

avatar
Barbara101 wrote:''


grilled tomato & cheese  
Love cheese ooze!
Looks delish Barb.

328 Re: ( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 on Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:06 am

UNCLE JIMMY

avatar
I took pics of the sausage and peppers, and some cookie DD baked last night, and for the life of me, I cannot find them on the computer. Grrrrrrrrr!....

329 Re: ( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 on Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:41 am

Barbara101

avatar
thats me too Jimmy.when I download them they just go anywhere on PB & I have to weed through hundreds to find it/them. Then half the time I have pics that are so much alike ,, I have to think,IS this it? scratch   

330 Re: ( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 on Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:47 am

Barbara101

avatar


Made a pot of marinara.Don't know what I will do with it yet.Depends on how lazy I am by late afternoon.

331 Re: ( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 on Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:12 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

avatar
Barbara101 wrote:thats me too Jimmy.when I download them they just go anywhere on PB & I have to weed through hundreds to find it/them. Then half the time I have pics that are so much alike ,, I have to think,IS this it? scratch   
I don't lose them on PB....I lose them on my computer.
It never happened before, but the 4 or 5 I took last evening...are nowhere to be found. I'm gonna do a test today. LOL

BTW.... Your Marinara sauce looks ready to use on anything you select.
From the photo, it looks like you could eat that sauce with a fork.
Nice!!! ... A piece of baked or broiled fish on a bed of rice with the sauce ladeled on it sounds good to me. IMO

332 Re: ( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 on Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:31 pm

NormM

avatar
I usually make corned beef from scratch but bought some ready made for dinner today. We had it with a zucchini-tomato-parmesan salad and a yam and apple casserole.




http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

333 Re: ( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 on Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:43 pm

Barbara101

avatar



eggplant parm.it really should be called eggplant mozz.lol.

Norm those apples sweet potatoes oh yum..

334 Re: ( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 on Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:34 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

avatar
NormM wrote:I usually make corned beef from scratch but bought some ready made for dinner today.  We had it with a zucchini-tomato-parmesan salad and a yam and apple casserole.




It all looks great Norm. How was the Apple Yam casserole?? I would love to have that recipe / method etc. if it met your taste expectations, and if you would post it.
I trust" YOUR" Taste when it comes to sweets norm.
If a "Kansas Man" says it's good...., It's got to be good!

335 Re: ( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 on Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:07 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

avatar
Barbara101 wrote:


eggplant parm.it really should be called eggplant mozz.lol.

Norm those apples sweet potatoes oh yum..
I'll take it mozz and all. Looks great.

BTW...I found the pics I lost yesterday. It was stuck in a subfolder.

336 Re: ( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 on Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:25 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

avatar
Here are the pics of yesterday's supper.
I found them. It was like, they were staring me in the face all of a sudden.

The sausage, and I made grated and fried red potatoes.

DD made various sugar cookies for Halloween.








Tonight, we had the leftover soup Tina made a few days ago.
I like mine with Crushed crackers.


Tina says it's bad manners to crush crackers in yer hand.

Well Guess What? Call me Mr. Manners!

GD had Mac and cheese, and a bottle of mushrooms.




337 Re: ( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 on Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:13 pm

NormM

avatar
1 pkg Melissia’s Organic baby jewel yams (equal to about 2 or 3 sweet potatoes)
2 1/2 baking apples, peeled, cored and cut into 1/4” rings
1/4 C. sugar
1/2 C. orange juice
1/8 C. butter
3/4 Tbs. cornstarch
1/4 tsp. salt
1/ Tbsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 Tbsp nutmeg
1 T. macadamia nuts, toasted


Used 1 1/2 tsp. each cinnamon and nutmeg

Pecans, a handful


Note next time top with a crisp or crumble


Preheat oven to 350º Boil yams until partly cooked, cool and peel. Layer in buttered casserole dish, combine rest of ingredients in saucepan and boil to thicken. Pour over yams and bake @350º 1 hour.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

338 Re: ( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 on Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:25 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

avatar
NormM wrote:1 pkg Melissia’s Organic baby jewel yams (equal to about 2 or 3 sweet potatoes)
2 1/2 baking apples, peeled, cored and cut into 1/4” rings
1/4 C. sugar
1/2 C. orange juice
1/8 C. butter
3/4 Tbs. cornstarch
1/4 tsp. salt
1/ Tbsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 Tbsp nutmeg
1 T. macadamia nuts, toasted


Used 1 1/2 tsp. each cinnamon and nutmeg

Pecans, a handful


Note next time top with a crisp or crumble


Preheat oven to 350º Boil yams until partly cooked, cool and peel.  Layer in buttered casserole dish, combine rest of ingredients in saucepan and boil to thicken. Pour over yams and bake @350º 1 hour.
Thanks Norm! Have to try that. I will go a little lighter on the cinnamon. DW doesn't like too much.

339 Re: ( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 on Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:42 pm

bethk

avatar
Admin
WOW - everyone's food looks marvelous!

We had a lovely drive, the colors are amazing. Mr. Amazing likes to drive from here to there without stopping for the night, but Lyn & I spent 2 nights on the road....just a lovely way to make the trip.

Got here a little after noon and I've got the stove covered with pots of chili.....a couple people were ready for some chili for lunches and they like the way I get it done.

340 Re: ( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 on Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:11 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

avatar
bethk wrote:WOW - everyone's food looks marvelous!

We had a lovely drive, the colors are amazing.  Mr. Amazing likes to drive from here to there without stopping for the night, but Lyn & I spent 2 nights on the road....just a lovely way to make the trip.

Got here a little after noon and I've got the stove covered with pots of chili.....a couple people were ready for some chili for lunches and they like the way I get it done.
Yay!.... The troopers have arrived!!!

Just in time to go trick or treating!
Have a great Vacation back at the ranch Beth!

341 Re: ( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 on Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:25 pm

Barbara101

avatar


grilled cranberry walnut bread,granny green apple,brie,smoked turkey. 

342 Re: ( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 on Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:28 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

avatar
Happy Halloween Everybody!!

343 Re: ( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 on Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:33 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

avatar
Barbara101 wrote:

grilled cranberry walnut bread,granny green apple,brie,smoked turkey. 
Oh My! Pan Toasted Bread! Ummmm
Looks great Barb.
I love fry pan toasted Kaiser Rolls or even buttered Pound Cake.

344 Re: ( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 on Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:09 pm

Barbara101

avatar
81`today... 85` for tomorrow. 

guess I will grill something .

345 Re: ( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 on Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:23 pm

Barbara101

avatar
UNCLE JIMMY wrote:Happy Halloween Everybody!!


346 Re: ( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 on Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:26 pm

thesweetestpea

avatar
Is this one of your girls??? So cute!!!

347 Re: ( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 on Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:05 am

bethk

avatar
Admin
Barb, why is it Maggie does NOT look really happy with your idea???

Cute as she can be, however.

348 Re: ( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 on Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:53 am

Barbara101

avatar
Maggie has a mean streak a mile wide..She rules the roost. queen 

349 Re: ( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 on Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:14 am

Crybaby

avatar
Uncle Jimmy wrote:Oh My! Pan Toasted Bread! Ummmm
Looks great Barb.
I love fry pan toasted Kaiser Rolls or even buttered Pound Cake.
That turkey and brie grilled sandwich did indeed look delicious, Barb.

And Jimmy, we put slices of pound cake in the toaster and butter them after -- delicious!

350 Re: ( It's a Brand New Month ) "OCTOBER" of 2013 on Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:21 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

avatar
Crybaby wrote:
Uncle Jimmy wrote:Oh My! Pan Toasted Bread! Ummmm
Looks great Barb.
I love fry pan toasted Kaiser Rolls or even buttered Pound Cake.
That turkey and brie grilled sandwich did indeed look delicious, Barb.

And Jimmy, we put slices of pound cake in the toaster and butter them after -- delicious!
We do that too! But Tina likes hers fried in butter. And I don't mean one (1) slice either.

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum