Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

February 2021 - New winter ideas?

+3
Bugster2
bethk
Cookin Lore
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 9]

201February 2021 - New winter ideas? - Page 9 Empty Re: February 2021 - New winter ideas? Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:47 pm

Cookin Lore

That looks wonderful. I made a bbo boo today. Sons are going ice fishing, so I offered to make potato salad. There will be 5 guys, so son Danny said 'Some devilled eggs would be really nice too.' So, I made devilled eggs and potato salad and dropped it off at his house about an hour ago. He was surprised to see me.................. "You made this already? we're not leaving until Saturday noon.!" I thought they were leaving tomorrow, the potato salad, I figure will keep, but he said "No problem, Mom. We'll eat the eggs at work tomorrow." He works with two other guys on a construction site. Eggs will not go bad.

bethk likes this post

202February 2021 - New winter ideas? - Page 9 Empty Re: February 2021 - New winter ideas? Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:47 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Cookin Lore wrote:Chicken Paprikash tonight for me and the couple in the building for whom I cook Wednesdays.  I used a recipe from Sheila Lukens' cookbook, but added potatoes and carrots to it.  My DIL's mother was Hungarian, and she always put those in.  Good, but I made too much again!

Tonight’s dinner for me and the couple here in the building. A combination of a chicken Paprikash from Sheila Lukas’ all around the world cookbook and my DIL’s recipes. Very good.

I notice you didn't have it on rice......

Hahahahahaha!

UNCLE JIMMY likes this post

203February 2021 - New winter ideas? - Page 9 Empty Re: February 2021 - New winter ideas? Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:03 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

lasagna tonight.... or eggplant casserole. Still upset and trying to get back in swing from stay in ER and two hospitals after cardiac pain.
Back home taking new meds for pain. Feeling a little better now. Just taking it easy.

Will see.

bethk likes this post

204February 2021 - New winter ideas? - Page 9 Empty Re: February 2021 - New winter ideas? Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:06 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:lasagna tonight.... or eggplant casserole. Still upset and trying to get back in swing from stay in ER and two hospitals after cardiac pain.
Back home taking new meds for pain. Feeling a little better now. Just taking it easy.

Will see.

You just have to have someplace to go, huh?

Geeze, Louise, Jimmy! That must have been bad if you volunteered to go out in the cold......hope the new meds help and you're feeling better.

205February 2021 - New winter ideas? - Page 9 Empty Re: February 2021 - New winter ideas? Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:23 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:
UNCLE JIMMY wrote:lasagna tonight.... or eggplant casserole. Still upset and trying to get back in swing from stay in ER and two hospitals after cardiac pain.

Will see.

You just have to have someplace to go, huh?

Geeze, Louise, Jimmy!  That must have been bad if you volunteered to go out in the cold......hope the new meds help and you're feeling better.

Thank You so much!.... Yeah, I just love taking rides in ambulance trucks! hahaha

bethk likes this post

206February 2021 - New winter ideas? - Page 9 Empty Re: February 2021 - New winter ideas? Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:47 pm

Cookin Lore

Simple Salmon tonight. Baked in the oven with just salt/pepper, a little thyme and oregano. Potato salad from yesterday, and a fresh salad of tomato, onion, snap peas, parsley. YUMMY.............. no sauce.!

207February 2021 - New winter ideas? - Page 9 Empty Re: February 2021 - New winter ideas? Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:49 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

Easy Friday meal today, we went out for a little walk around the library, then stopped at Fry's to get some grocery, bought some asparagus for 67cents/lbs ( had to clip digital coupon), we got home at 2 pm, our usual dinner time is 3 pm, I took out some big shrimps this morning after breakfast, they were thawed, so I peeled them, I heated the skillet, added 1 tbsp of butter and 1 tbsp olive oil, I cooked the shrimps, added some lemon pepper seasoning, garlic powder, salt, then squeezed some lemon juice on them, while I was cooking the shrimps, I put asparagus + 2 tbsp water in microwave, covered for 3 minutes, I sprinkled them with lemon pepper seasoning ( lately I'm in love with lemon pepper seasoning ), then I heated some leftover cheesy grits in microwave for 4 minutes, our dinner meal was so good and flavorful. I was not not a big fan of grits, I like to eat corns, but not grits or cornmeal, but today as I did not have any cooked rice left, so I went along, and to my surprise, it was good, D and his mom love grits and cornmeal.

February 2021 - New winter ideas? - Page 9 15434410
February 2021 - New winter ideas? - Page 9 15455810
February 2021 - New winter ideas? - Page 9 15520510

bethk and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

208February 2021 - New winter ideas? - Page 9 Empty Re: February 2021 - New winter ideas? Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:46 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Pizza tonight.....
Pillsbury blue tube dough.....Tina made the sauce.

February 2021 - New winter ideas? - Page 9 Pizza_10

bethk likes this post

209February 2021 - New winter ideas? - Page 9 Empty Re: February 2021 - New winter ideas? Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:12 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

We like the thin crust blue tube pizza dough. Works great when you are too tired to cook. I have found the Classico jarred pizza sauce is pretty good too.

210February 2021 - New winter ideas? - Page 9 Empty Re: February 2021 - New winter ideas? Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:58 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:We like the thin crust blue tube pizza dough. Works great when you are too tired to cook. I have found the Classico jarred pizza sauce is pretty good too.

Yeah! Not bad in a pinch. We never tried many pizza sauce jarred, but there was one ? ~ Don, Pepys or somethin like that. Neutral

bethk likes this post

211February 2021 - New winter ideas? - Page 9 Empty Re: February 2021 - New winter ideas? Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:06 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

This from Lore:

"Today. I’ve been suffering from fish withdrawal so I made some simple salmon. Baked in the oven with just a little s/p thyme and oregano. Potato salad from yesterday, and a fresh salad of tomato, onion, snap peas and lots of parsley. I really am not fond of this food with sauces. This was yummy!"

February 2021 - New winter ideas? - Page 9 02_26_12

212February 2021 - New winter ideas? - Page 9 Empty Re: February 2021 - New winter ideas? Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:08 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Dane's sister Sue & her husband Ken are visiting on their way back to Cincinnati after being in Ft. Myers for a month. Last night I made some Italian Beef Sandwiches with the quart of frozen beef I had and some fresh bakery rolls. Of course I didn't think to take pics.

Tonight I'm making a couple of the ribeyes on charcoal. I'll try to remember to take a pic but if I don't I'll just post an old one. LOL

213February 2021 - New winter ideas? - Page 9 Empty Re: February 2021 - New winter ideas? Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:20 pm

Cookin Lore

OOOOOHHHHH ! Ribeye on charcoal. What a treat, lucky you! The best I can do until I visit one of my children is a NY strip on my indoor grill.

Think I'll do that tonight. I made a big lentil salad yesterday, lentils, some chopped red pepper, lots of parsley, and some marinated vegetables that I had in a jar, the oil in it became part of my dressing, lemon juice s/p. I am taking most of it to my nephew (the vegetarian) who is living in the house where my sis (his mother lived) David bought the house 8 years ago ffrom my mom when she died, built in 1932, and in need of a lot of renovation. He texted yesterday and asked if I wanted to come and see what he's done lately.

I am so happy that he wants to live in the house my parents worked so hard for. It's not big, they bought it in 1960 for $8,000. That was a lot of money, as I'm pretty sure my dad was making maybe $1./hour

214February 2021 - New winter ideas? - Page 9 Empty Re: February 2021 - New winter ideas? Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:51 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

My ribeyes are salted and getting to room temperature. Sue brought a bottle of Merlot to enjoy with the steaks.

February 2021 - New winter ideas? - Page 9 02_27_11

NormM and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

215February 2021 - New winter ideas? - Page 9 Empty Re: February 2021 - New winter ideas? Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:41 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

I noticed that Trader Joe's is going to sell a jar of ground, fermented, black garlic.

Joe and Katie want enchiladas but the sauces all seem to have too much heat. Joe made his own with a couple teaspoons taco mix and a can of tomato sauce.

216February 2021 - New winter ideas? - Page 9 Empty Re: February 2021 - New winter ideas? Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:47 pm

NormM

NormM

I made pork chops for dinner.February 2021 - New winter ideas? - Page 9 20210217

bethk, UNCLE JIMMY and Imelda HL like this post

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

217February 2021 - New winter ideas? - Page 9 Empty Re: February 2021 - New winter ideas? Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:05 pm

Cookin Lore

I was looking for a NY strip steak in my freezer, couldn't find one. So, PLAN B, some sausages done in the oven, a small fingerling potato, and the lentil "salad" I made yesterday. Still yummy!
I also had a small prime rib roast, only two ribs, so I took that out for tomorrow. I may fry to cut the roast once half defrosted, so I can do them one steak at a time. Will see tomorrow..

218February 2021 - New winter ideas? - Page 9 Empty Re: February 2021 - New winter ideas? Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:54 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

It was eggplant parm and angel hair pasta with meat sauce Tina made.
Lunch was split pea soup with diced ham, carrots, and diced small potatoes.

bethk likes this post

219February 2021 - New winter ideas? - Page 9 Empty Re: February 2021 - New winter ideas? Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:56 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

From Lore:

"Tonight. Sausage, fingerling potato and lentil salad."

February 2021 - New winter ideas? - Page 9 02_27_12

220February 2021 - New winter ideas? - Page 9 Empty Re: February 2021 - New winter ideas? Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:57 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Our meal came out wonderfully......the steaks were really tasty and everything else was nice along side. I think Sue & Ken will return again in another year!

February 2021 - New winter ideas? - Page 9 02_27_13

221February 2021 - New winter ideas? - Page 9 Empty Re: February 2021 - New winter ideas? Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:24 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

We'll be having leftovers for a couple days.....got to use some stuff up.

Tonight was a steak salad with the leftover grilled ribeye. No complaints were heard so I'll assume HE found it tasty (as did I!).

February 2021 - New winter ideas? - Page 9 02_28_13

UNCLE JIMMY and Imelda HL like this post

222February 2021 - New winter ideas? - Page 9 Empty Re: February 2021 - New winter ideas? Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:53 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

We had take out from Marley's.
Burgers, steak n' cheese sandwiches, wings, salads.....etc etc.....
DD's Birthday was the 24th, so we had her party tonight.
Jimmy and the wife were here with the GG kids.
Cupcakes, and sing happy birthday tonight.

bethk likes this post

223February 2021 - New winter ideas? - Page 9 Empty Re: February 2021 - New winter ideas? Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:24 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

From Lore:

"My perfectly done small prime rib tonight. Best ever! Yumm!"

February 2021 - New winter ideas? - Page 9 02_28_14

February 2021 - New winter ideas? - Page 9 02_28_15

bethk, UNCLE JIMMY and Imelda HL like this post

224February 2021 - New winter ideas? - Page 9 Empty Re: February 2021 - New winter ideas? Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:58 pm

Cookin Lore

THanks again. I have never been good at doing roast beef. Generally overcooked it. And then I read about this idea of doing it "low and slow" first, then searing at the end. Fabulous! This was just a little over 2 pounds, just enough for leftovers tomorrow.

225February 2021 - New winter ideas? - Page 9 Empty Re: February 2021 - New winter ideas? Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:33 am

Cookin Lore

[quote="Bugster2"]No one cooking today. I threw in a frozen pot pie for dinner. Talked to my sister today. She had to replace some sewer lines to the tune of $40,000. I almost passed out. They were old clay pipes from a hundred years ago. When I hear that I just want to rent.[/quote

ooops

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum