Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

2021 January ~ A New Year ~ A New Day ~

+3
Cookin Lore
Bugster2
bethk
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 12]

2762021 January ~ A New Year ~ A New Day ~ - Page 12 Empty Re: 2021 January ~ A New Year ~ A New Day ~ Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:07 pm

Cookin Lore

NormM wrote:Charlie's request for dinner tonight was pretty easy: Steak, asparagus and mac n cheese.  The mac n cheese box said to use two tablespoons of milk and 3 tablespoons of butter.  I thought that was wrong and checked another box.  The other box said 4T. butter and 1/4C milk.  I made it like it said and it didn't taste any different but checking the other box the differences were 350 cal. for the one we had and 360 cal. for the other one and the one we had was gluten free so it was not made with wheat flour.  They tasted the same or near enough to not notice a difference in this batch.2021 January ~ A New Year ~ A New Day ~ - Page 12 20210117

That steak and asparagus look perfect to me, I surely wouldn't want anything else. I have never had mac'n cheese out of a box. And regular only I think three times. Once I made it many years ago and thought it was good, hubby refused to eat it, and then our children who were very young decided that if Daddy didn't like it, they didn't like it either. He made them peanut butter sandwiches, and I have no idea what he ate! LOL He didn't like peanut butter. I've tried it a couple of times when I've been to a buffet restaurant where it was available and tried it there, but I've never liked it enough to try again. Tried a lobster Mac'n cheese in a restaurant once, but thought it was a waste of some perfectly good lobster.

My kids made KD out of the box when they were in their early teens, but I never had it. I think I have strange taste buds!

NormM and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

2772021 January ~ A New Year ~ A New Day ~ - Page 12 Empty Re: 2021 January ~ A New Year ~ A New Day ~ Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:07 pm

NormM

NormM

I once made a Martha Stewart Mac and Cheese recipe from scratch. I had to go to the next town over before I found all the cheeses in the recipe and when it was done, there was enough to fill up everyone in an Army mess hall and it wasn't all that good anyway. It took about an hour to clean up the kitchen later.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

2782021 January ~ A New Year ~ A New Day ~ - Page 12 Empty Re: 2021 January ~ A New Year ~ A New Day ~ Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:22 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Spaghetti and sausage. It was a bear of a day.
Jim Jr. went outside to get wood for the fireplace; fell after his knee
gave out, then fractured his wrist. He was in the ER all afternoon.
He needs surgery at another hospital asap. The local hospital was only
able to pop the knee back in place.
All in the middle of a snow storm. ( 12 inches ) Forecast!
Always something...... Sad

2792021 January ~ A New Year ~ A New Day ~ - Page 12 Empty Re: 2021 January ~ A New Year ~ A New Day ~ Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:45 am

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:Spaghetti and sausage. It was a bear of a day.

OOPs sorry to hear that Jimmy, hope he will recover soon

UNCLE JIMMY likes this post

2802021 January ~ A New Year ~ A New Day ~ - Page 12 Empty Re: 2021 January ~ A New Year ~ A New Day ~ Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:03 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:Spaghetti and sausage. It was a bear of a day.

Oh, Noooooo!

I hope all gets repaired and the healing begins.

This doesn't mean you and Tina get to have the babies at your care, does it? Sherry will be busy taking care of the 'patient' for the near future and unavailable for babysitting duties. I know they're cute as can be but they're also on the go constantly and a lot of work, especially for all day long.

2812021 January ~ A New Year ~ A New Day ~ - Page 12 Empty Re: 2021 January ~ A New Year ~ A New Day ~ Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:05 am

Cookin Lore

Oh NO! I've had the fractured wrist, no surgery. Best of luck to him.

2822021 January ~ A New Year ~ A New Day ~ - Page 12 Empty Re: 2021 January ~ A New Year ~ A New Day ~ Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:32 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

It always seems to be something. Take care of yourself Jimmy. Don't try to do what you shouldn't just because your son is out of commission. I saw pictures of the snow in NJ. Stay safe.

2832021 January ~ A New Year ~ A New Day ~ - Page 12 Empty Re: 2021 January ~ A New Year ~ A New Day ~ Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:51 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Thank you all.
Jimmy broke the Ulna at the wrist, and two other bones. He is to see a Dr. tomorrow in Morristown, NJ ( 55 minutes drive East, from here ).
He is home in pain taking percacet (sp? )and tylenol.
Luckily Maria got a friend of hers to plow their driveway.
Lenny broke his plow 2 hours ago; so he is out of commission.
We got over 13 inches already.

2842021 January ~ A New Year ~ A New Day ~ - Page 12 Empty Re: 2021 January ~ A New Year ~ A New Day ~ Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:16 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Let's close January and move on to February.....

2852021 January ~ A New Year ~ A New Day ~ - Page 12 Empty Re: 2021 January ~ A New Year ~ A New Day ~ Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:06 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Sounds good

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum