Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

May, 2019 What's in the kitchen?

+4
UNCLE JIMMY
Niagara Visitor
Bugster2
bethk
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 9]

76May, 2019 What's in the kitchen? - Page 4 Empty Re: May, 2019 What's in the kitchen? Mon May 13, 2019 6:47 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I made a seasoned & pan roasted chicken breast, reheated the leftover mashed potatoes, boiled some peas (which I could spoon over my mashed potatoes.....) and threw together a cucumber/onion/tomato salad dressed with a little bit of bottled Italian salad dressing.

It was raining most of the day, we got just under 4" between about 11:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Right now the sun is shining and everything is drying up. With that much rain, however, I'm pretty sure Dane's tee time in the morning will be cancelled because he's scheduled to play at a low-laying course. He'll mope around and grumble but it'll be OK when he gets to Wednesday. LOL

May, 2019 What's in the kitchen? - Page 4 05_13_10

77May, 2019 What's in the kitchen? - Page 4 Empty Re: May, 2019 What's in the kitchen? Tue May 14, 2019 1:04 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Had spaghetti and a meatball. Two plates of salad ( lettuce / tomato / etc ).
Dessert was a Boston cream filled doughnut; with chocolate icing glaze.
Tina picked up at Giancarlo's bakery on the way home from her uncles.

Would you believe, we are running the heat in the house!
Down to 40 tonight......
Time for a snack before bedtime. I will have a hot cocoa with it.

LOVE IT

78May, 2019 What's in the kitchen? - Page 4 Empty Re: May, 2019 What's in the kitchen? Tue May 14, 2019 4:44 pm

NormM

NormM

We had Chislic again.May, 2019 What's in the kitchen? - Page 4 20190514

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

79May, 2019 What's in the kitchen? - Page 4 Empty Re: May, 2019 What's in the kitchen? Tue May 14, 2019 6:32 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Norm, your meals always look so inviting! Good stuff!

Dane spent most of the day helping his sister with some yard work and ordering parts for her riding mower in hopes of getting it running so she can use it before it gets too hot. Since I wasn't sure when he'd be home I decided to have an easy supper:

May, 2019 What's in the kitchen? - Page 4 05_14_10

80May, 2019 What's in the kitchen? - Page 4 Empty Re: May, 2019 What's in the kitchen? Tue May 14, 2019 7:41 pm

NormM

NormM

Thank you Beth

81May, 2019 What's in the kitchen? - Page 4 Empty Re: May, 2019 What's in the kitchen? Wed May 15, 2019 2:02 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Tina was wishing for macaroni and cheese. SOooo! We had that!
DD made zucchini pizza. She slices zucchini thin lengthwise, and adds sauce and cheese, and bakes it to melt the cheese. Not bad! Almond cheese. Low carb for sure.

82May, 2019 What's in the kitchen? - Page 4 Empty Re: May, 2019 What's in the kitchen? Wed May 15, 2019 4:00 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

Dinner was delayed because Joe and Katie had to take Olive to the vet. One of her knees dislocated and she had to get pain meds and an x-ray. I made a stir-fry with chicken, broccoli, edamame, carrots, pea pods, bean sprouts in a soy, brown sugar, mirin sauce. It was pretty good. My rice - not so much. It was sushi rice and I made the mistake of stirring it while cooking. It was a tad bit mushy.

83May, 2019 What's in the kitchen? - Page 4 Empty Re: May, 2019 What's in the kitchen? Wed May 15, 2019 6:29 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Boring supper.....I'm in a cooking funk.......

The most exciting thing was getting some chives & parsley to put on the potatoes & cabbage.

Oh, well, it was well received by HIM.

May, 2019 What's in the kitchen? - Page 4 05_15_10

84May, 2019 What's in the kitchen? - Page 4 Empty Re: May, 2019 What's in the kitchen? Thu May 16, 2019 3:22 pm

JanaAZ

bethk wrote:
Bugster2 wrote:

Those look a heck of a lot better than my pizzas. Do you know how hot your grill was? Mine was 700 degrees. I guess next time I will only let it get up to 450 or 500.

I'm sure it was in the 500° area.....those thermometers on the grill never last for me so I'm not sure.  But when you put the dough on the hot grates you drop the flames down to just one far away burner and close the lid so it's like an oven.  You don't want flames underneath to burn the dough.  When you take the pre-baked crusts in to finish them you can relight the burners to medium and keep the lid down to get the inside temp back up to baking temperature.  I've not had a lot of luck trying to cook on a hot stone on my grill.  The one time I attempted my baking stone cracked in half.....either too hot or too extreme of temperatures when I opened the grill.  I used those two halves for another year in my kitchen oven by just pushing the sides back together.  I'm so cheap!  LOL

It's a learning process but this works for me.  

beth….I put them right on the grill. I had them in one of my classes years ago. do you want me to send the instructions to you?

85May, 2019 What's in the kitchen? - Page 4 Empty Re: May, 2019 What's in the kitchen? Thu May 16, 2019 3:26 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Jana, I would love to have the instructions.

86May, 2019 What's in the kitchen? - Page 4 Empty Re: May, 2019 What's in the kitchen? Thu May 16, 2019 6:44 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

JanaAZ wrote:

beth….I put them right on the grill.  I had them in one of my classes years ago.  do you want me to send the instructions to you?

I've done the 'right on the grill rack' pizzas....but it's my experience that your grill has to be super clean (or new).....mine gets scrubbed down with a stiff brush (NOT brass or wire ~ EVIL) and a good rub down with a ball of foil but it's never as clean as I need for the dough not to stick. The foil works for me, I still get the grill marks and it's easy to transfer two or three at a time from the house to the grill and back.

But thanks for the offer. My daughter gave me her pizza dough recipe and it's one that works every time so I'm set.

Thanks!

87May, 2019 What's in the kitchen? - Page 4 Empty Re: May, 2019 What's in the kitchen? Thu May 16, 2019 6:50 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I picked the last of the green beans. Our second picking......I'm so sad..... May, 2019 What's in the kitchen? - Page 4 2787578702

I think it's just too hot here ~ or the flower pots aren't big enough ~ or it's too hot ~ or the soil is crappy ~ or it's too hot.

But, hey, two meals of REALLY GOOD home grown green beans was worth the little effort we put into the experiment.

I even got smart and only cooked a half cup of raw rice instead of a full cup so I had just enough rice for the two of us for the fried rice.

The shrimp were OK, just not anything really special. To be special I'd have to drive to the coast and get some fresh off the boat shrimps. The frozen stuff that is thawed in Fresh Market's seafood counter is the best I can get around here.

May, 2019 What's in the kitchen? - Page 4 05_16_10

88May, 2019 What's in the kitchen? - Page 4 Empty Re: May, 2019 What's in the kitchen? Thu May 16, 2019 9:01 pm

Niagara Visitor

I had what a friend calls "galley roundup" today.............................. Some shrimp that were defrosted, some Taboulleh salad leftover, some cheese that needed to be put on some crackers. Delish! Gonna watch le final episode of The Big Bang Theory now!

89May, 2019 What's in the kitchen? - Page 4 Empty Re: May, 2019 What's in the kitchen? Thu May 16, 2019 10:06 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Today I cooked ( steamed ) a huge lobster tail DD bought today at the Butcher shoppe. $32.00 ..... A two person size.
That tip money comes in handy.
Had some shrimp ....and Tina made potato salad.
We were supposed to have burgers. I guess tomorrow.
Oh! and DD pulled a 2Lb size of Cod fillet fish, and cooked that too!

I had to laugh! Remember the shame shame gesture?? My mom and dad used it all the time. I did it, because the bottle of wine was almost empty, but mostly, because I helped it get that way! hahahahahaha

May, 2019 What's in the kitchen? - Page 4 Img_1437
May, 2019 What's in the kitchen? - Page 4 Img_1438

90May, 2019 What's in the kitchen? - Page 4 Empty Re: May, 2019 What's in the kitchen? Fri May 17, 2019 10:36 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

So sad. Grumpy Cat passed away at age 7. Did you know that that cat made over $100 million for his/her waitress owner? Amazing!

I have been under the weather with a UTI. The first meds didn't completely knock it out and the new meds are making me sick. Only 7 more pills to go.

Joe had hot dogs last night for dinner. Me? nothing. Felt too sick to eat. Tonight? IDK.

I have some recipe software that isn't working correctly. Had their tech guy check it out and was told that my laptop has 6GB RAM and the I will need at least 12GB for the software to work correctly. I don't recall ever reading that in the specs. To buy a new computer is a fortune. To install more RAM is a royal pain. There is no access panel so the whole bottom has to come off. What scares me is if I can put it back together again. I watched a video and saw that the DVD tray comes out. I am not clear how to get it back in. I hate having to live on the cheap. I wish I could afford to have someone do it for me.

91May, 2019 What's in the kitchen? - Page 4 Empty Re: May, 2019 What's in the kitchen? Fri May 17, 2019 6:51 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Decided to lighten up and go low carb......chicken chunks with onion, glazed with the Korean BBQ Sauce. When the chicken is browned and cooked I add about 2 Tbsp. of the sauce and let it simmer until the chicken is lightly coated. The vegetable spaghetti is julienned carrots, onion, green & yellow zucchini.

Easy meal, one we both enjoy.

May, 2019 What's in the kitchen? - Page 4 05_17_10

92May, 2019 What's in the kitchen? - Page 4 Empty Re: May, 2019 What's in the kitchen? Fri May 17, 2019 7:11 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Does anyone have an authentic British beans on toast recipe?

93May, 2019 What's in the kitchen? - Page 4 Empty Re: May, 2019 What's in the kitchen? Fri May 17, 2019 7:36 pm

NormM

NormM

May, 2019 What's in the kitchen? - Page 4 20190515We had grilled beef short ribs for dinner.  It came from a Thai cook book and it said it should be called " Korean Short Ribs as Made by Thais Who Have Never Been to Korea"  Charlie said it was good and he is the one who should know.

94May, 2019 What's in the kitchen? - Page 4 Empty Re: May, 2019 What's in the kitchen? Sat May 18, 2019 7:39 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I was at a complete loss as to what to fix for supper.....Dane was no help what so ever.

He offered to pick up sandwiches so that was supper.

95May, 2019 What's in the kitchen? - Page 4 Empty Re: May, 2019 What's in the kitchen? Sat May 18, 2019 8:08 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Looks good Norm. I wouldn't mind tooth picking the meat off those tasyr looking ribs..... Ummmmnumm!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's gonna be another burger, and in between bites of that, there will be chix wings. Just salt and pepper; after a good 2 hr soak in sea salt and water.
Tina topped the wings with two large onions sliced.
After two hours, I raked off the onions so they wouldn't burn, and set them aside to eat with the burgers. Tina loves fried onions on her burger.

Shoestring onions. May, 2019 What's in the kitchen? - Page 4 57991110

96May, 2019 What's in the kitchen? - Page 4 Empty Re: May, 2019 What's in the kitchen? Sat May 18, 2019 9:33 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Somehow I managed to take apart my laptop and put in more RAM. I have never taken apart a computer before. I don't know if it did any good. I was told by my Cook'n recipe software tech that it would fix the glitch in my software. It didn't. I let him know but I probably won't hear back from him till Monday.
Joe and Katie went to a concert put on by the Temecula Valley Philharmonic. Jazz. They went for dinner afterwards. I stayed home because my meds are making me nauseated.

97May, 2019 What's in the kitchen? - Page 4 Empty Re: May, 2019 What's in the kitchen? Sat May 18, 2019 10:14 pm

NormM

NormM

Jimmy, we follow what they do at Korean restaurants and cut the meat off the bones with kitchen scissors.

98May, 2019 What's in the kitchen? - Page 4 Empty Re: May, 2019 What's in the kitchen? Sat May 18, 2019 10:28 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:Jimmy, we follow what they do at Korean restaurants and cut the meat off the bones with kitchen scissors.

NOT to be confused with the Nose Hair Scissors. Right?

99May, 2019 What's in the kitchen? - Page 4 Empty Re: May, 2019 What's in the kitchen? Sun May 19, 2019 8:26 am

NormM

NormM

Very Happy

100May, 2019 What's in the kitchen? - Page 4 Empty Re: May, 2019 What's in the kitchen? Sun May 19, 2019 4:04 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

I just ordered some chicken salt and a jar of ghee. The chicken salt is going to be new to me. I also ordered some Maldon smoked sea salt.

Cod, asparagus and baked potato tonight.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum