Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

"AUGUST 2018, Whats For Breakfast / Brunch / Lunch?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Ok...here we are in August already

Really have no clue for breakfast yet! Thinking An Omelet .... Question

bethk

bethk
Admin

Dane and Jake had Chick Fil A and I had yogurt, strawberry &Bear Naked granola - homemade....LOL

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Jimbo here had an fried egg with ham and cheese, on a toasted English Muffin...
The ham was shaved ham, and there is NO slice you can find. Tina likes it shaved.
Lots of fresh ground black pepper, and with a coffee.....it was scrumptious.
BTW.... I do NOT like my English Muffin fork split. I hate Nooks and Crannies.
Why? ...... guess why? ....

Because when I bite down, the nooks and crannies are too sharp, and they hurt the roof of my mouth! I know.....I'm a woose!

Crybaby

Crybaby

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:Jimbo here had an fried egg with ham and cheese, on a toasted English Muffin...
The ham was shaved ham, and there is NO slice you can find. Tina likes it shaved.

Because when I bite down, the nooks and crannies are too sharp, and they hurt the roof of my mouth! I know.....I'm a woose!

You used to LIKE the nooks and crannies, Jimmy -- you talked about them so much that we gave Thomas's English Muffins a try. And you were right, they're a lot better than Bays. I hate splitting them with a fork and whined about doing so yesterday but told Brian, you have to do it with a fork to get those yummy nooks and crannies that get all toasted!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Crybaby wrote:
UNCLE JIMMY wrote:Jimbo here had an fried egg with ham and cheese, on a toasted English Muffin...

You used to LIKE the nooks and crannies, Jimmy -- you talked about them so much that we gave Thomas's English Muffins a try. And you were right, they're a lot better than Bays. I hate splitting them with a fork and whined about doing so yesterday but told Brian, you have to do it with a fork to get those yummy nooks and crannies that get all toasted!

I used to maybe like nooks, but I don't think I liked crannies!
Age .... Age makes changes to eating and chewing. At least for me here.
Actually I chew carefully. The teeth can break or pull out when a person is older.....
I stabbed my gum the other day whilst chomping down on a pretzel.
The darn thing broke off, and left a little sharp piece in my gum next to a missing tooth in the back. LOL

Crybaby

Crybaby

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:
Crybaby wrote:

"AUGUST 2018, Whats For Breakfast / Brunch / Lunch? 2876911673  "AUGUST 2018, Whats For Breakfast / Brunch / Lunch? 2876911673

Age does indeed change things, Jimmy, but thankfully I am still enjoying my crannies as well! Laughing Laughing

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Crybaby wrote:
UNCLE JIMMY wrote:
Crybaby wrote:

"AUGUST 2018, Whats For Breakfast / Brunch / Lunch? 2876911673  "AUGUST 2018, Whats For Breakfast / Brunch / Lunch? 2876911673

Age does indeed change things, Jimmy, but thankfully I am still enjoying my crannies as well! Laughing Laughing
"AUGUST 2018, Whats For Breakfast / Brunch / Lunch? 2876911673 "AUGUST 2018, Whats For Breakfast / Brunch / Lunch? 2876911673

Bugster2

Bugster2

Has anyone ever tried Hormel Black Label bacon in the Cherrywood and pecan flavors? Were they any good?

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:Has anyone ever tried Hormel Black Label bacon in the Cherrywood and pecan flavors? Were they any good?

It's one of our favorites. Not salty as others, and perfectly sliced thickness.
Our next best, is Sugardale smoked Bacon from Ohio!
Weis markets carries it.

bethk

bethk
Admin

I get the cherrywood bacon whenever I can find it. Last time was at walMart.....go figure

Bugster2

Bugster2

Is one flavor better than another?

bethk

bethk
Admin

I've only had the Cherrywood....never have seen any pecan. But I would think bacon smoked with pecan wood would be fairly mild.

I made myself a braunschweiger sandwich for my lunch.....don't have it often but love it when I do!

"AUGUST 2018, Whats For Breakfast / Brunch / Lunch? 08_29_10

Bugster2

Bugster2

Gave both bacons a try but couldn't tell any difference in taste.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum