Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

November, 2016 - Dinner / Supper for the day

+5
1DomesticGoddess
NormM
Crybaby
UNCLE JIMMY
bethk
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 10]

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Supper yesterday, was cod fish. Oil / Butter / Wine....

Plus wine to drink. A little. Like 1/2 a bottle.

Last edited by UNCLE JIMMY on Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add text)

bethk

bethk
Admin

Sounds like 'a little' to me......or 3 out of 4 bottles.....another kind of 'little'. LOL

cookingirl

cookingirl

[quote="bethk"]Sounds like 'a little' to me......or 3 out of 4 bottles.....another kind of 'little'.

LOL Yesterday, was cod fish. Oil / Butter / Wine....

Plus wine to drink. A little. Like 1/2 a bottle.

But Jimmy, and Beth,
a half a bottle of wine is only 2 glasses!!  or one, depending on the size of the glass!!!

November, 2016 - Dinner / Supper for the day - Page 7 1738318596[/color]

NormM

NormM

Take 6 glasses of wine from 6 bottles a call it a wine tasting. It's cool.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

bethk

bethk
Admin

NormM wrote:Take 6 glasses of wine from 6 bottles a call it a wine tasting. It's cool.

Hahahahaha! Glad we all think alike! LOL

It was an absolutely beautiful day today....high in the high 70's and blue, sunny skies.

So I decided it should be a grilled supper. Pork steak w/Sweet Baby Ray's slathered on for me, s&p seasoned loin chops for Mr. Amazing ~ packet roasted cauliflower with a bit of evoo, s&p and red pepper flakes cooked until tender and just starting to caramalize in a non-stick foil packet, green beans w/sauteed mushrooms and a split sweet potato (pre-cooked in the microwave and finished on the top rack of the grill until tender). No complaints heard so far.....

November, 2016 - Dinner / Supper for the day - Page 7 IMG_20161119_172234773_HDR

cookingirl

cookingirl

bethk wrote:
NormM wrote:Take 6 glasses of wine from 6 bottles a call it a wine tasting. It's cool.

Hahahahaha!  Glad we all think alike!  LOL

It was an absolutely beautiful day today....high in the high 70's and blue, sunny skies.

So I decided it should be a grilled supper.  Pork steak w/Sweet Baby Ray's slathered on for me, s&p seasoned loin chops for Mr. Amazing ~ packet roasted cauliflower with a bit of evoo, s&p and red pepper flakes cooked until tender and just starting to caramalize in a non-stick foil packet, green beans w/sauteed mushrooms and a split sweet potato (pre-cooked in the microwave and finished on the top rack of the grill until tender).  No complaints heard so far.....

November, 2016 - Dinner / Supper for the day - Page 7 IMG_20161119_172234773_HDR

looks delish!!

Saving my stomach/calories for T-day and the day after.. especially the day after.. that will be [i]MY[i] Thanksgiving. I will be having my own T-day on Black Friday.

bethk

bethk
Admin

My favorite is the same, Cyn, when I have the meal at our house. The next day my breakfast always consists of pumpkin pie with my coffee....and I savor every single tiny bite!

I'm not sure how it's going to be since we'll be cooking at Cheryle's and I'll have to pack up leftovers to bring home ~ plus sharing......but hopefully there will be plenty for all of us.

NormM

NormM

I made the pumpkin cheesecake today. Maybe the Challah bread in a day or two.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

And they will all say... Hmph! Did you see "HER" loading up her take home dinner leftovers? ... You would think they hadn't eaten for a week!

bethk

bethk
Admin

Hahahahahaha......I'll wait for everyone to make a quick exit from the kitchen when it's time for dishes and THEN I'll get the goods! LOL

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Hahahahahaha......I'll wait for everyone to make a quick exit from the kitchen when it's time for dishes and THEN I'll get the goods!  LOL

November, 2016 - Dinner / Supper for the day - Page 7 2876911673 November, 2016 - Dinner / Supper for the day - Page 7 2876911673 November, 2016 - Dinner / Supper for the day - Page 7 2876911673 November, 2016 - Dinner / Supper for the day - Page 7 3593629538

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Dinner was cooked by Mrs. Swanson.
Hungry Man Salisbury Steak Dinners.
I was amazed and said "Wow, look at this, they put three burger Steaks in mine!"n....Tina was laughing, saying... "No,......... I gave you one from my dish!"
All I know, is I licked my platter clean!

Bugster2

Bugster2

Joe and Katie went to the Sawdust Festival's Winter Fantasy. No cooking. I did try and make Jimmy's Rice Krispie treats but it was a failure. How can you fail with RKT? This is how it happened. I bought a bag of grocery store brand marshmallows instead of Kraft brand. Too late did I discover that all bags of marshmallows are not created equal. The Kraft brand bag was 10 ounces. The grocery store brand was 16 ounces and they tasted like chit. Into the trash the mess went.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:Joe and Katie went to the Sawdust Festival's Winter Fantasy. No cooking. I did try and make Jimmy's Rice Krispie treats but it was a failure. How can you fail with RKT? This is how it happened. I bought a bag of grocery store brand marshmallows instead of Kraft brand. Too late did I discover that all bags of marshmallows are not created equal. The Kraft brand bag was 10 ounces. The grocery store brand was 16 ounces and they tasted like chit. Into the trash the mess went.

November, 2016 - Dinner / Supper for the day - Page 7 2787578702 And good Gracious.... You should taste them with store brand faux rice krispies. Well the real krispies go Krack Snapple & Pop, and the store brand ones go Yack, Fart, and Chit. I cannot figure out why Tina and my DD buy the store brand marshmallows and krispies.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Whoopie Doo!!!.... It's Snowing. Yay!..... That makes Jimmy & Tina very happy & Hungry!Time for a Hot Cocoa.

bethk

bethk
Admin

I agree about the Rice Krispie Treats....If the REAL Rice Krispies are too expensive, wait for a sale. You'll be able to use them before they get stale. The mini marshmallows are cheap enough on their own. Saving a few cents isn't worth it when you can't eat the treats.

Now you've learned a valuable lesson.

Lesson #2 ~ the already made, wrapped in celo at the store are NOT the same as homemade ones. Don't waste your money. (Don't even wonder how I KNOW this......)

Bugster2

Bugster2

bethk wrote:I agree about the Rice Krispie Treats....If the REAL Rice Krispies are too expensive, wait for a sale.  You'll be able to use them before they get stale.  The mini marshmallows are cheap enough on their own.  Saving a few cents isn't worth it when you can't eat the treats.

Now you've learned a valuable lesson.

Lesson #2 ~ the already made, wrapped in celo at the store are NOT the same as homemade ones.  Don't waste your money.  (Don't even wonder how I KNOW this......)

I know. They are not the same. Very artificial vanilla tasting.

Bugster2

Bugster2

My husband! Only he would find something like this.November, 2016 - Dinner / Supper for the day - Page 7 <a href=November, 2016 - Dinner / Supper for the day - Page 7 14980690_10154809088448945_66106461096743857_n" />

bethk

bethk
Admin

WHO thinks up these things????

And why didn't WE think of them first?

Funny.

Bugster2

Bugster2

It's a man thing. I suppose we could do something with the neck and the giblets......LOL.

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

bethk wrote:Tonight I fixed what is now commonly referred to as a 'sheet pan' meal.  I covered a half sheet pan with heavy duty foil.  I pre-cooked a large sweet potato in the microwave for 4 minutes to get it cooked about half way and placed it on the sheet pan.  Then I added three skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs seasoned liberally with s&p and 75% of the sheet pan was covered with chunked up carrots, parsnips & onions, seasoned with a drizzle of evoo and a good sprinkle of s&p.  I put the pan into a 400° oven for about 45 minutes and then for the final 20 minutes or so hiked the temperature up to 500° so everything would get nice and browned.

Supper was a huge hit with Mr. Amazing.  There was plenty and nothing was on his 'do-not-eat' list.  Personally, I thought it was pretty darn good tasting!

November, 2016 - Dinner / Supper for the day - Page 7 IMG_20161114_172932812_HDR

The best part was at clean-up all I had to do was fold up the foil and toss it.  The mess was all contained and there are no pans to soak and scrub.

Beth, I'm so wanting to make this since I saw you posted it.. but we were working on our leftover so I postponed it, but thought of it often.. I thought I had a bag of chicken thighs in my freezer, last night I put them out and this morning I found out that my chicken is the cut up of a whole chicken, I was thinking to change my plan and cook them differently.. I had no idea what to do with them.. and I browsed around and found this http://www.food.com/recipe/roasted-cut-up-chicken-and-vegetables-292264?photo=184424  it's similar with what you did with your chicken.. so I'm going to go ahead and cook it with what I have in my pantry and fridge

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

BIG pot of chicken soup boiling on the stove.
Got burger buns fresh.... Sloppy Joes ( Wimpies ) on the menu.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:My husband! Only he would find something like this.November, 2016 - Dinner / Supper for the day - Page 7 <a href=November, 2016 - Dinner / Supper for the day - Page 7 14980690_10154809088448945_66106461096743857_n" />

My mom used to push stuffing between the skin and the breast. Somehow, that bird took longer to cook, and there was no crispy skin on the breast. No

bethk

bethk
Admin

Imelda....we like just about every vegetable roasted. I don't think you can go wrong ~ and all chicken pieces should work perfectly well. I just use a lot of chicken thighs because that's the dark meat we both like (and it's less expensive than the breast or mixed chicken parts).

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

Oh.. this is seriously good... I used Creole seasoning for my veggies and chicken.. plenty of leftover for tomorrow ( we'll be out for hiking, so we need some cooked foods to be heated when we get home late )

November, 2016 - Dinner / Supper for the day - Page 7 15178153_10211503604812131_5865425656445554104_n

November, 2016 - Dinner / Supper for the day - Page 7 15179026_10211503607012186_5101697764255735323_n

November, 2016 - Dinner / Supper for the day - Page 7 15181582_10211503607852207_7529715277173725277_n

November, 2016 - Dinner / Supper for the day - Page 7 15170928_10211503608252217_8857883047847542439_n

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum